Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

If you all promise not to gamethrow on day 2 again I will host another mafia game sometime this season.

I’ve learned my lesson. (The lesson is to find a way to get killed before my team can throw the game so it isn’t on me and/or to just go back to observing like I should be doing.) ;)

For real, though, I still feel bad about that game :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I found that thread by googling "somethingawful Peramene" and then clicking to Peramene's rap list.

This happened two days ago??

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Holy hell. What a wild ride.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Thanks for the double post forums. Thanks.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im glad mafia is dead, ghosts are cool

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

EccoRaven posted:

If you all promise not to gamethrow on day 2 again I will host another mafia game sometime this season.

Only if I roll SK

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

I’ll try to win outright on D1 this time

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I will say that thread has a lot of posters in there who weren’t involved in any of this and are mostly there to get in on the drama, so it’s a bit hyperbolic. But good to read if you hadn’t heard about any of this stuff.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

I will just ##abscond on day 1 this time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jump King posted:

I will say that thread has a lot of posters in there who weren’t involved in any of this and are mostly there to get in on the drama, so it’s a bit hyperbolic. But good to read if you hadn’t heard about any of this stuff.

Yeah, I had basically no idea that most of that had happened, and I even played in Riven!

The posts from the people that were actually involved are quite reasonable and understandable. But there is definitely a lot of misconstruing and people chiming in who clearly have no idea of what even happened and are reacting to a thread title

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If Mr. Steak had just set Sex Camp in Tomahna from Myst IV he would have been fine.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah, I had basically no idea that most of that had happened, and I even played in Riven!

The posts from the people that were actually involved are quite reasonable and understandable. But there is definitely a lot of misconstruing and people chiming in who clearly have no idea of what even happened and are reacting to a thread title

Hell same

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
oh wow a bunch of posts in this thr.....

:anime: :anime:

this is like in the good place where every human invention is inevitably used for a weird sex thing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Somberbrero posted:

If Mr. Steak had just set Sex Camp in Tomahna from Myst IV he would have been fine.

I think the “adventures of jemery” RPG would have probably ended with fewer people upset (but many more people confused)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal Insandenza posted:

A lot of this is about another game too (which I never played so idk) that people are maybe conflating with the Riven stuff too.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Jen X posted:

I think the “adventures of jemery” RPG would have probably ended with fewer people upset (but many more people confused)

Lmao

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think one problem I have with mafia is that I want to like it more than I do. I'm a loving dogshit terrible mafia player. Like seriously, I'm really loving bad. I'm terrible at playing games. I'm not too good at running them either. So generally, I just admire mafia games from afar. :(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mordiceius posted:

I think one problem I have with mafia is that I want to like it more than I do. I'm a loving dogshit terrible mafia player. Like seriously, I'm really loving bad. I'm terrible at playing games. I'm not too good at running them either. So generally, I just admire mafia games from afar. :(

Never stopped me

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I've enjoyed playing in your games.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Grandicap posted:

I've enjoyed playing in your games.

Thanks. I'd like to get back into running games occasionally. Over recent years, I've realized that I'm not nearly as creative as I wish I was. I feel like Mafia, playing at least, requires a high level of creativity in how you sculpt and frame arguments. It's why I tend to prefer to run games.

Also - goddamn that drama. I was part of the Riven game (spent 99% of my time extremely confused) and had no idea that poo poo was going on.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Mordiceius posted:

nobody is good at mafia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mordiceius posted:

Being dogshit at mafia is the gold standard

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Come admire them up close as an observer, observer chats are fun

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We're all bad here. You must be bad, or you wouldn't be here

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Well in that case, I should finish polishing up the design for a 15 person game: Mistborn: Chaos in Luthadel.

Is there anyone that would be willing to skip playing in order look over the design of this game?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I thought we were moving on from mist games

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I don't know what these folks are talking about, I'm great at Mafia, make really good decisions, and continue to say how awesome I am in my confessional. (Or maybe I'm lying?)

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

CubicalSucrose posted:

I don't know what these folks are talking about, I'm great at Mafia, make really good decisions, and continue to say how awesome I am in my confessional. (Or maybe I'm lying?)

:hmmyes:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Mordiceius posted:

Well in that case, I should finish polishing up the design for a 15 person game: Mistborn: Chaos in Luthadel.

Is there anyone that would be willing to skip playing in order look over the design of this game?

Hit me up. I am probably taking a little recharge break after rimworld

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Shout-out to taste for giving us 2 pages of content

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

God I need to play this. Make me Breeze plz.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mordiceius posted:

Also - goddamn that drama. I was part of the Riven game (spent 99% of my time extremely confused) and had no idea that poo poo was going on.

The seeds were planted from the start with stuff just being an unhealthy environment in general. But the main drama they mentioned in SAD was from later games than that. There was one really contentious bit right near the very end of Riven, and a lot of people might have either ignored it or checked out before then. It didn't get much attention at that time unless you hung around to do lots of postgame chat.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mordiceius posted:

if you divide the times I've won mafia games by accident or because i had a teammate that was better than me who wins it for me, by the total number of mafia games i've won in general, the mathematical answer equals 1

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If it makes you feel any better, afaik everybody making semi serious attempts to study mafia outcomes has basically concluded it’s mostly luck based

Jump King fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 22, 2023

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Taste asked me to run another NYC game. How much interest would there be in a CYOR with possible post restrictions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

wins32767 posted:

Taste asked me to run another NYC game. How much interest would there be in a CYOR with possible post restrictions?

If it opens in the next 6 days, I am honor-bound to join it.