Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think mercer responded when the mjf d&d thing was a new image and manganiello was somewhat recent after it was circulating again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah both responded to it, and you'll see their responses circulating still. IIRC Mercer's was more bridge building about how RPGs are fun and for everyone, and Joe's was his cover on Men's fitness or whatever and saying someone can be fit and a D&D nerd.
It's always removed from the context of Cutler and now is just "rear end in a top hat wrestler bashed D&D"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

If AEW would just have Brandon Cutler host SNL, then it wouldn’t have lost that context.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
MJF does plenty of media and he toes the line between staying in character and talking up AEW quite well. It would be nice if he could do some bigger stuff, offhand I dunno what. SNL ain't happening since, ya know, NBC.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

MJF does plenty of media and he toes the line between staying in character and talking up AEW quite well. It would be nice if he could do some bigger stuff, offhand I dunno what. SNL ain't happening since, ya know, NBC.

WBD should revive Mad TV

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
MJF should replace the Jimmy Fallon ride at Universal.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

WBD should revive Mad TV

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JUNGLE BOY posted:

WBD should revive Mad TV

Disgraceful that Tony Khan refuses to do this.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Disgraceful that Tony Khan refuses to do this.

Mad TV starring Best Friends, book it Tony.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Mad TV starring Best Friends, book it Tony.

get JD Drake to do Kenny Rogers Jackass

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Will Sasso is still alive

two kenny rogerss

bartok
May 10, 2006

Power Windows posted:

Will Sasso is still alive

two kenny rogerss

WCW alumni Will Sasso

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Will Sasso as Cold Stone Steve on an episode of Dynamite only to get killed by Satnum would be excellent Jarrettverse stuff

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Cold Stone Steve Icecream

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Chilly McFreeze

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/_hcc99/status/1637891557792829440?t=E5_ir9eFcF2QO1DZpwyYOQ&s=19

I don't understand metaphors.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

already dead

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A Facebook comment that made me laugh real hard

quote:

Triple H your writing crap bring Vince McMahon back he made the tribal chief and the black line strong not live little pansies like they are now in the head and have two Indies fighters who looks like Pinky and the brain try to take the Tag Team champions away from the guys who are the real champions and Cody Rose Stardust really really if it was Drew McIntyre I get it but Cody Rhode and mid carder

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good on you Eric, can always count on you having the wrong take

https://twitter.com/drewparker341/status/1637948636788293633

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SG Bamboo posted:

Good on you Eric, can always count on you having the wrong take

https://twitter.com/drewparker341/status/1637948636788293633

Haha

https://twitter.com/drewparker341/status/1637954184413847552

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

That reads like a stroke comment

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

KOSZ as pinky and the brain is inspired I have to admit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

KOSZ as pinky and the brain is inspired I have to admit.

They're both Pinky though

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dave Meltzer has so much blood on his hands. Mainly Jon Moxley’s. He promises Mox a star for every pint

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
"I have laughed at the star rating system for 30 years now. Clearly, it’s very biased and that is fine if it’s just friends shooting the shizzle about wrestling. When journalists do it and act like their ratings are factual? It makes me laugh, especially when they do things like change the scale and start rating matches higher than five stars because, well I have no idea why they do something so dopey. It’s Goober Patrol stuff to me. Clearly Dave Meltzer has a standard for what he thinks a five star match is and AEW gives him what he wants. I also think it’s pretty clear that more than three years into the company’s run, AEW’s distant second place ranking shows that they don’t deliver what the majority of the fans want. If they did, with all of their “five star matches”, they would would be number one, or at least giving WWE a run for their money."

-Dave Scherer, PWI

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Mcdonalds makes the best Burgers, because they make the most money.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Kennel posted:

"I have laughed at the star rating system for 30 years now. Clearly, it’s very biased and that is fine if it’s just friends shooting the shizzle about wrestling. When journalists do it and act like their ratings are factual? It makes me laugh, especially when they do things like change the scale and start rating matches higher than five stars because, well I have no idea why they do something so dopey. It’s Goober Patrol stuff to me. Clearly Dave Meltzer has a standard for what he thinks a five star match is and AEW gives him what he wants. I also think it’s pretty clear that more than three years into the company’s run, AEW’s distant second place ranking shows that they don’t deliver what the majority of the fans want. If they did, with all of their “five star matches”, they would would be number one, or at least giving WWE a run for their money."

-Dave Scherer, PWI

How can Dave Scherer do the same job for like 30 years and still be total poo poo at it?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

1glitch0 posted:

How can Dave Scherer do the same job for like 30 years and still be total poo poo at it?

This is professional wrestling

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lamuella posted:

This is professional wrestling

gently caress he knew what profession to pick, didnt he

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Kennel posted:

-Dave Scherer, PWI

GOOBER PATROL gangtag when?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

*watching Evil Uno vs Jon Moxley*

This looks like the most boring and safe thing ever, but I know it's really insanely dangerous!

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

I watch wrestling because it's basically cartoon violence IRL. If people wanted to see something realistic they would just watch real combat sports, surely? Otherwise I imagine you'd watch every wrestling match ever and be extremely disappointed afterwards. Sort of explains why these types are so miserable, I suppose

Unless they're going to argue "Triple H matches are very realistic actually", in which case they're too far gone to even attempt to argue with

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

He's a really lovely guy and Mike Johnson does the real work.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

this kid is nuts posted:

I watch wrestling because it's basically cartoon violence IRL. If people wanted to see something realistic they would just watch real combat sports, surely? Otherwise I imagine you'd watch every wrestling match ever and be extremely disappointed afterwards. Sort of explains why these types are so miserable, I suppose

Unless they're going to argue "Triple H matches are very realistic actually", in which case they're too far gone to even attempt to argue with

i like realistic matches, UWFI/RINGS/UWF newborn/PWFG owned

you can argue about how realistic those are tho

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If Dave Scherer was good at his job or giving people what they want, why is it Big Dave with lots of subscribers and who lives rent free in the minds of both people in and out of the industry, while no one talks about Scherer ever, except maybe as the Jannetty to Mike Johnson?

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

Smoking Crow posted:

i like realistic matches, UWFI/RINGS/UWF newborn/PWFG owned

you can argue about how realistic those are tho

Yeah I like RINGS too tbf. If you watch MMA and compare though I think it's pretty clear which one is real and which one is fake

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

this kid is nuts posted:

I watch wrestling because it's basically cartoon violence IRL.

I watch wrestling because it's idiotic fun (with a lot of consideration put into it) and I get to talk to you idiots about it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

flashy_mcflash posted:

If Dave Scherer was good at his job or giving people what they want, why is it Big Dave with lots of subscribers and who lives rent free in the minds of both people in and out of the industry, while no one talks about Scherer ever, except maybe as the Jannetty to Mike Johnson?

Dave Scherer was getting clowned on by writers on loving 411wrestling like 25 years ago lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Dave Scherer was getting clowned on by writers on loving 411wrestling like 25 years ago lmfao.

Where's Larry Csonka