Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Shuffle Chris Carter under the rug and just let Vince Gilligan reboot it with a new cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love that after Breaking Bad got big, one of the first things Vince Gilligan did was host a block of classic television on MeTV.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ruddiger posted:

I love that after Breaking Bad got big, one of the first things Vince Gilligan did was host a block of classic television on MeTV.

I'm pretty sure, that despite the name, he had nothing to do with Gilligan's Island

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Alan Smithee posted:

9/11 truth and Qanon has killed any chance of a Deus Ex movie
What a rotten way to die.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Zero_Grade posted:

Eh, it would have been A Bomb anyways.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Eh, it would have been A Bomb anyways.

A BOMB?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm pretty sure, that despite the name, he had nothing to do with Gilligan's Island

The dude obviously owned the island. Make sense, someone had to put up all those cameras to watch them slowly stave as they failed time and again to save themselves.

I guess that makes him the first person to make reality tv.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Those poor people...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Now I want to see this dark twisted take on Gilligan’s island by Vince G

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ruddiger posted:

That’s wild. What shows did he host? I’m pretty much a MeTV junkie.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ALFbrot posted:

Do you know something more recent than the show being ordered by Hulu on January 31? That's the last I'd heard about it.

Well gently caress, that's new to me. The last I had heard was that no one wanted to do it because of Luanne and Lucky's VAs both being dead.

Timby posted:

It comes out this summer.

Goddammit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A XCOM TV show would be great as long as it heavily references UFO.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
They already made an XCOM tv show, it was called Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm that one guy who watched Ghosted and enjoyed it

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

X-Ray Pecs posted:

They already made an XCOM tv show, it was called Neon Genesis Evangelion.

New X-com must be very different than old x-com

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zero_Grade posted:

Yeah RIP

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A XCOM TV show would be great as long as it heavily references UFO.

And they already made an XCOM movie, it was called Spectral.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Remember two weeks when Lucasfilm canceled Patty Jenkins' and Kevin Feige's Star Wars movies but committed to Damon Lindelof's? Well, guess who just departed from his movie?

Hard to tell whether Star Wars or DC films are more cursed at this point. I guess DC at least occasionally puts out a movie.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Every time I see patty Jenkins I think about how Wonder Woman 1984 might be the most hype deflating sequel to anything.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

mycot posted:

Every time I see patty Jenkins I think about how Wonder Woman 1984 might be the most hype deflating sequel to anything.

And then right when you think your hype can't get any lower, the climax is her making that big speech about you should just shut up and accept your lot in life

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Neo Rasa posted:

And then right when you think your hype can't get any lower, the climax is her making that big speech about you should just shut up and accept your lot in life

I didn't know Gal Gadot got to write her own lines directed to Palestinians

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Final Renfield trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICydLkeXq3w

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

We are getting both a Good Burger sequel and a potential Mystery Men sequel/prequel something. Yes, Kenan Thompson is returning for Good Burger 2 and yes it will be streaming on Paramount+ as part of the Paramount/Nickelodeon ongoing deals

quote:

Kel Mitchell is serving up a Good Burger sequel for Nickelodeon and Paramount+, but there's another famous role the actor wants audiences to see again: Invisible Boy. 1999's Mystery Men assembled a ragtag team of superhero wannabes — the raging Mr. Furious (Ben Stiller), the fork-flinging Blue Raja (Hank Azaria), the deep-digging Shoveler (William H. Macy), the bowling ball-wielding Bowler (Janeane Garofalo), the flatulent Spleen (Paul Reubens), the philosophical Sphinx (Wes Studi), and the super-shy Invisible Boy (Mitchell) — to save Champion City superhero Captain Amazing (Greg Kinnear) from Casanova Frankenstein (Geoffrey Rush) and his disco-dancing henchmen.

The Kinka Usher-directed comedy bombed at the box office — grossing just $33.5 million worldwide against a budget of $68 million — but became a cult favorite. Nearly 25 years later, Mitchell has a "fun idea" re-assembling the super-team that went from zeroes to heroes.

"Shout out to Mystery Men. Shout out to Ben Stiller, Hank Azaria, Janeane Garofalo. Such a great film," Mitchell told ComicBook's Chris Killian at Connecticut's 90s Con, adding fans have been asking for a Mystery Men 2.

"I want it. I've asked Hank Azaria about it," the Kenan & Kel and All That star said. "I've got a fun idea for that one, too. We're gonna be talking to Ben about that." Asked to reveal his mysterious idea for the Mystery Men sequel, Mitchell teased, "Let's just say 'origin story.' You know, we were the first superhero team-up before The Avengers and all those [superhero movies] started doing that."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/kel-mitchell-mystery-men-2-sequel-pitch-interview-exclusive/

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I really like the idea of Nic Cage as Dracula but Renfield looks like rear end.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Baron von Eevl posted:

I really like the idea of Nic Cage as Dracula but Renfield looks like rear end.

Yeah besides Nic Cage (who I heard isn't even in the movie that much) it looks like every other forgettable action comedy that's been coming out for the last decade.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Nicholas Hoult has a pretty great track record with the stuff he's worked on, so I'm pretty confident it will be good if not great.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The director's only other features are Robot Chicken Star Wars 3, The Lego Batman Movie, and The Tomorrow War.

edit Jesus Christ, written by a guy whose only make credits are season 5 of Community and Rick and Morty, from a story by the creator of The Walking Dead

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 22, 2023

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Baron von Eevl posted:

The director's only other features are Robot Chicken Star Wars 3, The Lego Batman Movie, and The Tomorrow War.
chris mckay has directing credits for the greatest season of animated television ever, moral orel season 3, so he has my forgiveness for another ten years

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

That’s wild. What shows did he host? I’m pretty much a MeTV junkie.

He hosted a couple of classic shows and they were running promos too, but I can't find proof of any of it, the only one I distinctly remember is him being really excited to show Three Stooges shorts.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Baron von Eevl posted:

edit Jesus Christ, written by a guy whose only make credits are season 5 of Community and Rick and Morty, from a story by the creator of The Walking Dead

The movie sounds like it's exactly at their level.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Lego Batman Movie was pretty good. There was some concern before it came out that the concept would wear out it’s welcome pretty fast, but they managed to stick the landing.

The series died because their Ninjago one underperformed, as did the sequel to the original movie.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Casimir Radon posted:

The Lego Batman Movie was pretty good. There was some concern before it came out that the concept would wear out it’s welcome pretty fast, but they managed to stick the landing.

Meh it leaned too hard into "remember these Warner Bros properties?" at the end for me.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ruddiger posted:

He hosted a couple of classic shows and they were running promos too, but I can't find proof of any of it, the only one I distinctly remember is him being really excited to show Three Stooges shorts.

That's not too surprising. The Stooges got a second life once they started airing the shorts on tv in syndication. If you grew up in the 60's and 70's, there's a good chance you're a fan.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I am really not digging this phase of Nicolas Cage’s career where he embraces the memes about himself, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was execrable.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Mystery Men is already an origin story. They literally have a casting call to build the team.

God I’d love a good sequel though. Still holds up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Enderzero posted:

Mystery Men is already an origin story. They literally have a casting call to build the team.

God I’d love a good sequel though. Still holds up.

but we don't have an origin for how the shoveler, blue raja, and mr furious met

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Do we really want to risk unleashing another smash month single on our world?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Do we really want to risk unleashing another smash month single on our world?

I have terrible news if you're worried about Smash Mouth breaking quarantine.

Pun intended.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

I am really not digging this phase of Nicolas Cage’s career where he embraces the memes about himself, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was execrable.

I'm fine as long as we get a Mandy or Pig every year.

I feel like Bringing Out the Dead is due for a rediscovery by the Cagesploitation crowd. It's all very high energy and lurid and Cage does heightened noir narration while getting hosed up on various substances and hallucinating corpses climbing up out of the street... but also it's a great, and sincerely and seriously mounted, movie aside from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

secretly best girl posted:

I have terrible news if you're worried about Smash Mouth breaking quarantine.

Pun intended.

This is like the 2020s answer to Chickenfoot