Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

hmmm regular tweets arent cutting it time to break out the depleted uranium tweets

https://twitter.com/P_Kallioniemi/status/1638151577432215552
https://twitter.com/P_Kallioniemi/status/1638151580636643336
https://twitter.com/P_Kallioniemi/status/1638151583845294082
https://twitter.com/P_Kallioniemi/status/1638151587313885184
https://twitter.com/P_Kallioniemi/status/1638151590640078854
https://twitter.com/P_Kallioniemi/status/1638151593915760641
https://twitter.com/P_Kallioniemi/status/1638151597157933056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

take some screenshots man its rude to put so much JavaScript based embeds. unless they have funny comments.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

take some screenshots man its rude to put so much JavaScript based embeds

when u think about it isnt it also rude to poison more civilians just to be more of a mild annoyance to your enemies

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yup definitely using those AI generated images for a totally real thing that isn't completely made up. Trust me guys.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
war, not even once! just say no to war! it is not fun, you will not be “cool”, you will not be “hip” if you go

Torpor has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Mar 21, 2023

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

smdh at china belligerently making the war worse by saying we should stop doing the war

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Some Guy TT posted:

smdh at china belligerently making the war worse by saying we should stop doing the war

this is typical peace troll poo poo

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

bedpan posted:

nice job biden and the sensible, adult, moderate dems. you managed to find a way to shatter the grip the US has had on the world economy with the dollar.

Somehow, Trump was supposed to be worse at FP than Biden but Biden is finding even bigger rakes and stepping on them even harder.

Depleted uranium rakes

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the fall of the soviet union cheated the west out of mass russian death in a nuclear war and we have spent the past 30 year trying to find something to replace it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i like how when you describe some guy turning into a brokebrained ptsd case you still gotta throw some line about how this all is actually necessary and heroic

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

this is typical peace troll poo poo

peace troll is such a vile and demented concept lol, it makes me feel legitimately upset that people here believe it

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

i like how when you describe some guy turning into a brokebrained ptsd case you still gotta throw some line about how this all is actually necessary and heroic

the russians are not going to kill themselves. Tried that during the 90s and they survived. someone has to be the hero who goes home with a scrambled braincase and missing limbs if we are going to do things the hard way.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Cerebral Bore posted:

Trying to diagnose a finn with PTSD would be like giving a meyers brigg test to a dog. Totally pointless

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/maria_shagina/status/1638201849068093442

why would switzerland do this

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

peace troll is such a vile and demented concept lol, it makes me feel legitimately upset that people here believe it

turns out that the default position of liberal states (which includes Russia, Ukraine, US, France, and all NATO countries) is war so anyone claiming they are in favor of "peace" is obviously just a troll attempting to prolong the war.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Terminal autist posted:

Trying to diagnose a finn with PTSD would be like giving a meyers brigg test to a dog. Totally pointless

NeatHeteroDude posted:

old boss is collecting personality test surveys from people who left the district and i obliged (want her as a reference)

is me

you can do one yourself! it's only like 5 minutes

https://www.16personalities.com/

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i also like this genre where the most vocal supporters of capitalism keep making the shocked pikachu face whenever capitalism doesn't work the way they want it to

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

bedpan posted:

the russians are not going to kill themselves. Tried that during the 90s and they survived.

Most of them, anyway.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Levi_godman/status/1638229924400996368

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

miss this guy

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

January 6 Survivor posted:

:carol: warning, disgusting weeb piece of trash post incoming :carol:

so yesterday I saw that there was going to be an anime adaptation of a romcom where the titular cute girl speaks russian. Now of course, nobody should give much of a poo poo about that but it's just that last year just when, you know, the ongoing bullshit was starting, another anime had one member of the cast get her nationality changed from Russian to Bulgarian. So it is with a heavy heart that Zelenskyiyiyiy is going to have to announce having lost the critical support of the weebs.

also, funnily enough, the voice actress they picked is a confirmed tankie :

you can also make stuff go faster which helps in defeating tank armor with you know, kinetic energy

the manga was very trashy but the main guy learning russian because his grandpa loved soviet cinema and made him watch was good

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Some Guy TT posted:

hmmm regular tweets arent cutting it time to break out the depleted uranium tweets

This is not about a real person. It's ticking boxes of things Redditors like IMO. A little too epic bacon, especially family of "professional soldiers", but he has no time in the Finnish Army and is doing this instead? The opposite of professional service?

"Most of the time Sisu spends training and planning out upcoming operations. In his spare time, he tends to himself, takes care of his equipment and sleeps. Operations themselves take relatively little time."

This is a day in the life of a foreign volunteer in a militia? He's planning operations? His spare time is not actually spare time? etc etc.

"The rose-stinted glasses come off quickly once people see war as it is. In regard to combat situations, Sisu claims that he becomes cold, emotionless, a rational machine: "In this war, there's endless amount of disappointments to anyone who tries to be optimistic"."

Oh actually, war made him develop all of the emotional qualities Redditors love, instead of, for example, crying randomly or feeling both exhausted and restless, having disorganized thoughts etc. ?

"When asked about challenges, he states that the two most difficult things are...handling unprofessionalism... "

Guy who has never been a regular soldier in a professional military cares about professionalism etc.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 21:42 on Mar 21, 2023

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Delta-Wye posted:

im finding it interesting their using the yuan directly, instead of some 3rd party instrument

yuanization

the petroyuan

kinda has a ring to it

Russia wants yuan so they can buy things from China with them. That said they reportedly have a positive balance of payments with China in the first two months of this year.

https://www.reuters.com/business/chinas-trade-with-russia-surges-double-digit-pace-jan-feb-2023-03-07/

Ardennes posted:

It is a complete mystery why a Western press would do such a thing.

That said to be honest, I don’t know why the Russians would actually come to the table at this point unless Ukraine was suing for peace. Even if they didn’t want to go through another wave of mobilization, it would be a lot easier just to keep on shelling the Ukrainians indefinitely and let those factories do their job.

If the Russians know the Ukrainians are taking more casualties and have the ability to keep or accelerate that process, they will just kick back. It doesn’t seem like there is much war fatigue from the Russian population.

Is there a limit to how long they can keep the current wave of mobilization in the field for?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh right Sisu is the name of that movie.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

This is not about a real person. It's ticking boxes of things Redditors like IMO. A little too epic bacon, especially family of "professional soldiers", but he has no time in the Finnish Army and is doing this instead? The opposite of professional service?

"Most of the time Sisu spends training and planning out upcoming operations. In his spare time, he tends to himself, takes care of his equipment and sleeps. Operations themselves take relatively little time."

This is a day in the life of a foreign volunteer in a militia? He's planning operations? His spare time is not actually spare time? etc etc.

"The rose-stinted glasses come off quickly once people see war as it is. In regard to combat situations, Sisu claims that he becomes cold, emotionless, a rational machine: "In this war, there's endless amount of disappointments to anyone who tries to be optimistic"."

Oh actually, war made him develop all of the emotional qualities Redditors love, instead of, for example, crying randomly or feeling both exhausted and restless, having disorganized thoughts etc. ?

"When asked about challenges, he states that the two most difficult things are...handling unprofessionalism... "

Guy who has never been a regular soldier in a professional military cares about professionalism etc.

do you really think people* would do that just tweet lies

*orcs arent people

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Finnish people are barely real, just strange internet phantoms that are funny when they're being depressed creatives but way less funny when talking about violence and war

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

January 6 Survivor posted:

:carol: warning, disgusting weeb piece of trash post incoming :carol:

so yesterday I saw that there was going to be an anime adaptation of a romcom where the titular cute girl speaks russian. Now of course, nobody should give much of a poo poo about that but it's just that last year just when, you know, the ongoing bullshit was starting, another anime had one member of the cast get her nationality changed from Russian to Bulgarian. So it is with a heavy heart that Zelenskyiyiyiy is going to have to announce having lost the critical support of the weebs.

also, funnily enough, the voice actress they picked is a confirmed tankie :

lol she made her weebdom a career, badass. that said, shes absolutely getting dunked head first into a toilet

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/EnMemorial/status/1638053853865074688?s=20

Putin ordered this himself.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
are they really sending in uranium shells?! what the gently caress

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Honest Thief posted:

are they really sending in uranium shells?! what the gently caress

it's kinda standard for APFSDS, at least in the US and UK

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Guess that's why everyone's getting cancer now

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
did widespread use cluster bombs, antipersonnel mines and incendiaries not already make you go "what the gently caress"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Literally everything in modern war gives you cancer, even the noises

Luckily everything in modern peace also gives you cancer

Basically accept you'll die of cancer and stop worrying about it

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

did widespread use cluster bombs, antipersonnel mines and incendiaries not already make you go "what the gently caress"

It did but depleted uranium hits different esp after the balkan but yeah it's one more thing on top

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Frosted Flake posted:

he probably doesnt even know how to do proper drill

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Edir: dbl post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Megamissen posted:

he probably doesnt even know how to do proper drill

Me age 12: marching in squares is kind of dumb but I can sort of see why they used to do it, makes no sense now though

Me age 18: lol marching in squares is idiotic chickenshit with no value to high speed low drag tacticool operators

Me now: marching in squares is the absolute bedrock of any so called professional army