Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah that was surprisingly good. Especially for a pilot. I assumed it'd be a lot more dumb and screamy, but the jokes are pretty solid with only a couple of rough spots. Making Theo a former nu metal guy rather than a generic garage band loser is a good setup.

For as obvious as the cracker challenge leading to mass choking was, I got a good laugh at the loose change plan immediately after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so new drama floating around about HB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b5pfq2flJc&t

so some critics who are writers or something who used to like the show don't like it anymore. some of the reasons i sorta agree with but others feel stupidly pretentious or weird/dumb,. and anyone who uses plothole in my opinion tends to be kinda of a dipshit. and some of it feels like they were hoping for different things then the show ended up being plus lots of weird stella stuff. idk

anyway viv made a comment or two

https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status/1638408765136568322

https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status/1638325568205897729

https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status/1638321864652226560

https://twitter.com/VivziePop/status/1638322871549464576

i probably wouldnt have said poo poo but i think she isnt wrong. that being said, i am sure some poo poo will kick off now.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I didn't watch the video because one look at the title and thumbnail should have put paid to that, but I genuinely wish that these people would throw their entire lives in the trash and go live in the forest, freed from the burden of using a cartoon's quality as the load bearing pillar for their ego.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

This dead dude knows what’s up:

https://twitter.com/phineas/status/1221598425290039296

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

quote:

Can anyone…shut the gently caress up? Can anyone, ca- can anyone, any one, any single one, shut the gently caress up about anything? About any single thing? Can any single person shut the gently caress up about any single thing for…an hour? You know? Is that- is that possible?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I didn't watch the video because one look at the title and thumbnail should have put paid to that, but I genuinely wish that these people would throw their entire lives in the trash and go live in the forest, freed from the burden of using a cartoon's quality as the load bearing pillar for their ego.

the video is interesting watch because they loving liked the show in the first season but for some reason Circus(s2e1) broke alot of brains. like i think episode 2 was kinda meh and i get why people dont like that but lol they get really anal about world building and character stuff and are mad that stella has merch and horny because she is an abusive shithead(also she isnt fleshed out enough). like i can understand the reasoning but lol about the merch stuff. like disney sells every possible thing with darth vaders face on it and he does poo poo like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SLQSQTT5r0

so lol.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
so from reading this thread I watched hell boss hotel cinematic universe having never heard about it before, thought to myself cartoon good will watch more in future

that said I am bewildered how an afternoon's worth of actual runtime can spawn such a massive, rabidly obsessive fanbase :iiam:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's drama about HH and HB every week cause people don't want to simply not watch the show they hate made by the creator they hate

Also that dumb video being 44 minutes long reminded me of that Steven Universe video that wouldn't stop getting recommended to me that was like STEVEN UNIVERSE BAD ACTUALLY?!? and was like 3 hours long.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 22, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

so from reading this thread I watched hell boss hotel cinematic universe having never heard about it before, thought to myself cartoon good will watch more in future

that said I am bewildered how an afternoon's worth of actual runtime can spawn such a massive, rabidly obsessive fanbase :iiam:

yeah, fandoms weird. I am on the edges of the brony fandom thanks to being pretty good friends with a couple of them who are artists, thats some really nutty poo poo(not them surprisingly). i have seen some genuinly clever fan things from that fandom but most fandom stuff in general is either overly weird navel gazing while missing the point, shipping, horny poo poo, or hate posting.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Having no knowledge of this controversy, I watched the video. I felt it made good points tho it could have been shorter (sigh). I don't think the Vivzie tweets really seem to be replying to it, for better or worse; I don't think the video dudes ever mention Vivzie in the video and are far more concerned with character arcs in toto than they are with individual episodes.

The TL;DR is that Helluva Boss went strong and hard early on with big dramatic deep dives on individual characters. This made for great episodes and a great first season, but as more episodes are released the show seems unwilling to commit to actually moving its characters forward at this rapid pace. So its ending up basically repeating plot points or stalling out unconvincingly, and has left dangling plot threads everywhere. The focus on character drama has also made the show start to lose connection with its premise - demons assassinating people on Earth - as well as the dramatic complications of that premise, namely the essential contribution of Stolas' grimoire to the business's mission.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Macaluso posted:

There's drama about HH and HB every week cause people don't want to simply not watch the show they hate made by the creator they hate

Also that dumb video being 44 minutes long reminded me of that Steven Universe video that wouldn't stop getting recommended to me that was like STEVEN UNIVERSE BAD ACTUALLY?!? and was like 3 hours long.

Is that the Lilly Orchard one where she starts screaming unhingedly in the middle of the video that she wants to literally murder Rebecca Sugar or whatever? I seem to recall Steven Universe was her deranged serial killer origin story for some reason.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Macaluso posted:

Which is ironic because Diregentleman has specifically made videos criticizing Lily Orchard's videos/Twitter takes

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Having no knowledge of this controversy, I watched the video. I felt it made good points tho it could have been shorter (sigh). I don't think the Vivzie tweets really seem to be replying to it, for better or worse; I don't think the video dudes ever mention Vivzie in the video and are far more concerned with character arcs in toto than they are with individual episodes.

The TL;DR is that Helluva Boss went strong and hard early on with big dramatic deep dives on individual characters. This made for great episodes and a great first season, but as more episodes are released the show seems unwilling to commit to actually moving its characters forward at this rapid pace. So its ending up basically repeating plot points or stalling out unconvincingly, and has left dangling plot threads everywhere. The focus on character drama has also made the show start to lose connection with its premise - demons assassinating people on Earth - as well as the dramatic complications of that premise, namely the essential contribution of Stolas' grimoire to the business's mission.

yeah i sorta agree with their point where the second season is definetly spinning wheels and episode 2 is super guilty of that. i think their are supposed to be like 15 or so epsidoes this season so i assume we will get more stuff about that. my biggest issue is there isnt really a good "conclusion" to Circus and i feel like their is an episode gap there. i do feel like alot of season 1 was very hastily thrown togeth plot wise and like only 4 of planned out plots. stolas role changed a bunch apperently though out deveolpment. so i am curious if they have a pretty good idea finally what they want to do.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Is that the Lilly Orchard one where she starts screaming unhingedly in the middle of the video that she wants to literally murder Rebecca Sugar or whatever? I seem to recall Steven Universe was her deranged serial killer origin story for some reason.

I honestly have no idea, I never watched it. For all I know the video could've brought up well reasoned points but I like Steven Universe so I'm not gonna watch a multiple hour long video about how it's bad actually. Same with this 40 minute HB video

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

wait what? like i am not really a fan of stephen universe, like humor/art/fanbase/stephens early voice turned me off of it but i get that its genuinly good show, so what pissed lilly off so much for that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wait what? like i am not really a fan of stephen universe, like humor/art/fanbase/stephens early voice turned me off of it but i get that its genuinly good show, so what pissed lilly off so much for that.

Not a drat clue. I just remember seeing a 10 second out of context clip curbed from somewhere in the video essay where Orchard is screaming in legitimate rage, like the kind that can't be faked unless you're a really good actor, just "gently caress YOU REBECCA SUGAR gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU I HOPE YOU loving DIE VIOLENTLY YOU loving BITCH!"

And that made me go "Okay, I never want to hear this person's thoughts on anything ever again."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Not a drat clue. I just remember seeing a 10 second out of context clip curbed from somewhere in the video essay where Orchard is screaming in legitimate rage, like the kind that can't be faked unless you're a really good actor, just "gently caress YOU REBECCA SUGAR gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU I HOPE YOU loving DIE VIOLENTLY YOU loving BITCH!"

And that made me go "Okay, I never want to hear this person's thoughts on anything ever again."

lol seems extreme. now i am just thinking that video of the brony getting genuinly upset that the hardcore violence because of bullying in a kids show. weird fucks get so insanely upset over kids tv shows.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 22, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the video is interesting watch because they loving liked the show in the first season but for some reason Circus(s2e1) broke alot of brains. like i think episode 2 was kinda meh and i get why people dont like that but lol they get really anal about world building and character stuff and are mad that stella has merch and horny because she is an abusive shithead(also she isnt fleshed out enough). like i can understand the reasoning but lol about the merch stuff. like disney sells every possible thing with darth vaders face on it and he does poo poo like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SLQSQTT5r0

so lol.

I mean... Blitzo has merch and he's an abusive shithead too.

nine-gear crow posted:

Lily of the hundred and one tweet 'writer tips' thread which is basically just her likes and dislikes but treating them like it's taught in every university.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Lily of the hundred and one tweet 'writer tips' thread which is basically just her likes and dislikes but treating them like it's taught in every university.

Oh yeah those are fun. Like half are like “don’t have conflict” or something. Can some post them?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm frankly kind of baffled people wouldn't like The Circus. We get child versions of Blitzo, Stolas AND Fizzerolli? And they're all extremely adorable? We get the origin scene of Stolas and Blitzo as a thing, we get to meet Blitzo and Stolas' fathers (I would love to see more of Stolas' dad especially. Such a good voice), it also has one of my favorite scenes which is the scene of Stolas and Stella on the balcony. And then episode 3 I feel is nearly a perfect episode, it's certainly one of the best looking episodes out of the whole show so far.

The second episode of season 2 is a bit weaker, although a lot of that for me is that I don't think Viv's art style really plays nice with humans, and there's a lot of humans in that one so the whole episodes ends up looking pretty rough. I really like the little heart to heart you get with Octavia and Loona

Dawgstar posted:

:lol: Whoa wait, THAT person is the same person that did that Steven Universe video?? (I looked up the video I was talking about and it is indeed this Lily Orchard person's video called "Steven Universe is garbage and here's why")

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Oh yeah those are fun. Like half are like “don’t have conflict” or something. Can some post them?

Ask and ye shall receive: https://www.deviantart.com/briannafreeman/art/Lily-Orchard-s-Writing-Tips-868067945

Macaluso posted:

The second episode of season 2 is a bit weaker, although a lot of that for me is that I don't think Viv's art style really plays nice with humans, and there's a lot of humans in that one so the whole episodes ends up looking pretty rough. I really like the little heart to heart you get with Octavia and Loona

One of the complaints is we should have had enough character development now for Loona to openly admit she loves her dad. I mean, I guess but not really? She's clearly been through Some Stuff.

Macaluso posted:

:lol: Whoa wait, THAT person is the same person that did that Steven Universe video?? (I looked up the video I was talking about and it is indeed this Lily Orchard person's video called "Steven Universe is garbage and here's why")

I believe they did the same thing for Korra and while I do agree Korra has some problems the way Lily goes about talking about them is... well. Lily.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

One of the complaints is we should have had enough character development now for Loona to openly admit she loves her dad. I mean, I guess but not really? She's clearly been through Some Stuff.

See I find that complaint weird, because we've barely had any real development for Loona yet. The most we've really gotten is the Blitzo flashback to getting her from the pound. I have a feeling the episode that's coming up this season where it's like her and Blitzo at some party together is going to have way more development between them. Like trust me I want at least one scene where she tells Blitzo that she cares about him at least once too. But also I imagine outside of that she's still going to be an angry teenager because she is still a moody teenage wolf girl in hell

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

That wasn't so much a list of writing tips as it was "Lily woke up one morning really mad about She-Ra for some reason and decided the whole world had to pay for it." And the rest is Internet History.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Let's be fair, she was also mad at Korra.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Quit gettin mad at moving pictures

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, say what you will about these cartoon hot take videos, someone must be making bank off of them because every time someone posts one of those hour long things done by a person I've never heard of they always have so many views.

That Steven universe one that keeps getting brought up (which I haven't watched and don't plan on watching) had millions last time I time I checked. I don't like Steven Universe either, should I try not liking it even more and then film myself not liking it? Apparently there's an audience for that and I want them to give me money.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, say what you will about these cartoon hot take videos, someone must be making bank off of them because every time someone posts one of those hour long things done by a person I've never heard of they always have so many views.

That Steven universe one that keeps getting brought up (which I haven't watched and don't plan on watching) had millions last time I time I checked. I don't like Steven Universe either, should I try not liking it even more and then film myself not liking it? Apparently there's an audience for that and I want them to give me money.

i mean it was big with tumblr and tumblr was big on "if you like or hate something you have act like its religion and your souls on the line" so yeah. like steven universe was never my thing(disliked the art style and got tired of the whole "everyone can be FRIENDS YAY even the obvious pieces of poo poo" stuff. i am sure i am wildly misrepresenting it and again, i have heard its a great show. but i think its one of those "steven universe walked so owl house could run" type deals.

Macaluso posted:

See I find that complaint weird, because we've barely had any real development for Loona yet. The most we've really gotten is the Blitzo flashback to getting her from the pound. I have a feeling the episode that's coming up this season where it's like her and Blitzo at some party together is going to have way more development between them. Like trust me I want at least one scene where she tells Blitzo that she cares about him at least once too. But also I imagine outside of that she's still going to be an angry teenager because she is still a moody teenage wolf girl in hell

i assumed she is just super hosed up from poo poo and because she is like 23, she is "bad" at handling it. doesnt help that he dad basicaly treats her like she is 2. but yeah she does need more growth.

Macaluso posted:

I'm frankly kind of baffled people wouldn't like The Circus. We get child versions of Blitzo, Stolas AND Fizzerolli? And they're all extremely adorable? We get the origin scene of Stolas and Blitzo as a thing, we get to meet Blitzo and Stolas' fathers (I would love to see more of Stolas' dad especially. Such a good voice), it also has one of my favorite scenes which is the scene of Stolas and Stella on the balcony. And then episode 3 I feel is nearly a perfect episode, it's certainly one of the best looking episodes out of the whole show so far.

yeah to me the circus was one of the best episodes in the show, up there with loo loo land, also i believe stolas dad is voiced by jafar.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
If children's cartoons are making Lily Orchard that mad, maybe it's time for her to watch shows for people her own age. If you're an adult getting that upset over a kids show you gotta move on to something else because it just makes you look unhinged. It's cool when adults can find value and enjoyment in stuff for younger people but drat it is just not that worth it to get so upset over it, even if it is a terrible show. Like the adults getting mad at Teen Titans Go or Thundercats Roar--it's not for you, maybe find a better use of you time than getting mad at a show that isn't taking People In Their 20s On The Internet's opinion on their show that they're making for 12 year olds. Like, I can recognize that the newest Spongbob episodes aren't...great, but I don't care enough to go in to the hows and the whys because it's loving spongebob and I'm in my 30s. But then again I don't make part (or all) of my income making videos about my opinions to post on youtube

I do get some of the HB crit but for the most part I'm just waiting to see how things play out before I solidify my opinion and overall I'm still having a great time watching it :shobon: But I'll admit, I think the novelty of what they're trying to do with the show, both in terms of content and distribution, makes me hedge my opinions a bit, but even those opinions are still pretty reliant on knowing where the show is going. I think my only real negative opinion is I don't think the moxxie baby dick jokes are great but that's only because I think there's a better joke there if they gave it another pass. I don't really want to think about baby dicks in my gay imp cartoon

Edit:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean it was big with tumblr and tumblr was big on "if you like or hate something you have act like its religion and your souls on the line" so yeah. like steven universe was never my thing(disliked the art style and got tired of the whole "everyone can be FRIENDS YAY even the obvious pieces of poo poo" stuff. i am sure i am wildly misrepresenting it and again, i have heard its a great show. but i think its one of those "steven universe walked so owl house could run" type deals.
I wouldn't say it's "everyone can be friends" but rather, "there is value in forgiving people, as long as those people are willing to show remorse and change their actions." It's a very Jewish way of looking at forgiveness, which makes sense because Sugar is Jewish. It's not so much a thing of everyone should forgive terrible things, but rather, there is a path for redemption and repentance as long as the person who did wrong is willing to put in the work and the people who were wronged are willing to forgive.

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 22, 2023

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
YouTube's algorithm promotes things based on conflict, and that incentivizes people to frame their videos as "BETRAYED FANS" or "THE WORST" or "IN TROUBLE" and all that jazz. People also mistake length for depth, so there you go.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lilly lost the plot with me for getting frothingly angry at other queer creators over really weird pedantic poo poo and her uh....very specific Gardevoir fetish. Like dude if you want to gently caress a pokemon just admit it don't worship the thing like it's literally Jesus. I can't take the opinions of someone who makes a hybrid pokemon baby for themselves and their girlfriend to raise in their webcomic seriously.

As for diregentlemen I think they're unintentionally pulling page out of her book. Two episodes of season 2 of HB weren't amazing. Not great but not terrible and they're losing their minds over it and making GBS threads on a very good episode because now they have to commit to the bit. Also having this massive meltdown over everything else is...well it's a take alright.

edit: Oh and Lilly takes the term queer as a slur and actively shits on other gay people who refer to themselves as such.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 23, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Edit:

I wouldn't say it's "everyone can be friends" but rather, "there is value in forgiving people, as long as those people are willing to show remorse and change their actions." It's a very Jewish way of looking at forgiveness, which makes sense because Sugar is Jewish. It's not so much a thing of everyone should forgive terrible things, but rather, there is a path for redemption and repentance as long as the person who did wrong is willing to put in the work and the people who were wronged are willing to forgive.

yeah, i can understand that and even agree with it. i am not blood thirsty chud type but my view at least in dumb fictional media poo poo is some people are just either to loving awful or hosed up and just need the joe peci in a back room out of safety for everyone or some hosed up sense of pity. that being said i am not expecting stephen to coup de grace/grant the emperors mercy to some villian or anything.

Happy Landfill posted:

If children's cartoons are making Lily Orchard that mad, maybe it's time for her to watch shows for people her own age. If you're an adult getting that upset over a kids show you gotta move on to something else because it just makes you look unhinged. It's cool when adults can find value and enjoyment in stuff for younger people but drat it is just not that worth it to get so upset over it, even if it is a terrible show. Like the adults getting mad at Teen Titans Go or Thundercats Roar--it's not for you, maybe find a better use of you time than getting mad at a show that isn't taking People In Their 20s On The Internet's opinion on their show that they're making for 12 year olds. Like, I can recognize that the newest Spongbob episodes aren't...great, but I don't care enough to go in to the hows and the whys because it's loving spongebob and I'm in my 30s. But then again I don't make part (or all) of my income making videos about my opinions to post on youtube

I do get some of the HB crit but for the most part I'm just waiting to see how things play out before I solidify my opinion and overall I'm still having a great time watching it :shobon: But I'll admit, I think the novelty of what they're trying to do with the show, both in terms of content and distribution, makes me hedge my opinions a bit, but even those opinions are still pretty reliant on knowing where the show is going. I think my only real negative opinion is I don't think the moxxie baby dick jokes are great but that's only because I think there's a better joke there if they gave it another pass. I don't really want to think about baby dicks in my gay imp cartoon

yeah, like i have watched some kid show poo poo on and off mostly because i have artist friends who are into it and for different stuff to knock me out at night. some of it is genuinly good and a nice change of pace to the darker stuff or nonfiction i prefer. but i feel like some of these adult fans and critics don't get that they arnt the audiance. like sure MLP or owl house or stephen univere shows like it have some good world building and character stories and some pretty dark themes and poo poo good lessons, they are still for kids/teens. your not gonna get like Dan Abnett type vivid dark poo poo in your pony show about fluttershy coming out of her shell for 3000000th time. like sure its fun to talk about, but when all you watch is that stuff and nothing else and then get mad when show doesnt match your weird fanfiction.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Lilly lost the plot with me for getting frothingly angry at other queer creators over really weird pedantic poo poo and her uh....very specific Gardevoir fetish. Like dude if you want to gently caress a pokemon just admit it don't worship the thing like it's literally Jesus. I can't take the opinions of someone who makes a hybrid pokemon baby for themselves and their girlfriend to raise in their webcomic seriously.

As for diregentlemen I think they're unintentionally pulling page out of her book. Two episodes of season 2 of HB weren't amazing. Not great but not terrible and they're losing their minds over it and making GBS threads on a very good episode because now they have to commit to the bit. Also having this massive meltdown over everything else is...well it's a take alright.

edit: Oh and Lilly takes the term queer as a slur and actively shits on other gay people who refer to themselves as such.

they sound like a real peach to be around. yeah ep2 broke alot of brains and now the show must be bad because 1 made stolas not a shithead or something and 2 was scattershot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they sound like a real peach to be around.

Orchard is also a credibly accused abuser, manipulator, and sexual groomer. Including responding to one person's evidence-backed allegations of abuse with the statement that her accuser needed to "die in a ditch & [she] wished his wife would break up with him in the ugliest way possible once they got married".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Orchard is also a credibly accused abuser, manipulator, and sexual groomer. Including responding to one person's evidence-backed allegations of abuse with the statement that her accuser needed to "die in a ditch & [she] wished his wife would break up with him in the ugliest way possible once they got married".

holy loving poo poo. i never heard of this person before.

edit.

Oh she write rape fiction about fluttershy apperently. what the gently caress. why do all these weird "cartoon critics" want to assult ponys or worse so much. wtf.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Boy y’all are gonna be in a real tizzy when you get around to finding out about homestuck.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they sound like a real peach to be around. yeah ep2 broke alot of brains and now the show must be bad because 1 made stolas not a shithead or something and 2 was scattershot.

Honestly if I wanted to level legitimate criticisms at S2 of HB here's a few. Some of animation was a little hit or miss, Stella doesn't have a lot of depth, Millie and Loona need more development, and Stolas and Blitzo really need to man up and talk about their problems. There were some genuinely good bits in those episodes though and I think the humor is slowly getting better. That's it man. It was literally Just. Two. Episodes out of a season. it's possible to think something can be better without throwing the whole thing in the trash based on that alone. And I guess it's really strange to me that's all it takes for someone to throw their hands up in the air and declare they've been betrayed and clearly this thing is now awful forever.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Warbird posted:

Boy y’all are gonna be in a real tizzy when you get around to finding out about homestuck.

I don't know if anything has put the current state of aggro fandom in perspective for me like missing that comic for years and then being introduced to the podcast Homestuck Made This World recently, and finding out it was basically just an engine for rolling toxic interactions between fans v fans and fans v creators into the world wholesale

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

holy loving poo poo. i never heard of this person before.

edit.

Oh she write rape fiction about fluttershy apperently. what the gently caress. why do all these weird "cartoon critics" want to assult ponys or worse so much. wtf.

Yeaahhhh....she's also wildly aggressive toward her fans. Example: One of them on tumblr said she loved her work and was sending internet hugs her way. Her response? "Keep that poo poo to yourself I didn't give you permission to loving hug me. I'm not your special friend ok?" And when the other fans were like holy poo poo calm down she doubled down and started blocking people. I didn't need to know any of the other poo poo to know there was something very wrong with her.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
What a miserable sounding human being. Cripes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
trump getting elected absolutely annihilated some people's brains and, feeling powerless in the face of rising fascism, sought out vulnerable targets to blame and offload their misery onto. steven universe, a show about forming a better internal understanding of your lovely parents who don't respect your gender and who are okay with war crimes, was hit especially hard by this, because that wasn't a story 19 year olds home for the holidays with their fascist parents wanted to receive from their escapist children's cartoon.