Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't tell if Warp Flurry is doing anything for my Surge staff. I'm not seeing any icons for stacks of buff gained and it's hard to simply ballpark whether I'm charging faster (only have WF 2). Searches on fatshark forums and reddit indicate confusion - do you guys know how / if Warp Flurry works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

SuperKlaus posted:

I can't tell if Warp Flurry is doing anything for my Surge staff. I'm not seeing any icons for stacks of buff gained and it's hard to simply ballpark whether I'm charging faster (only have WF 2). Searches on fatshark forums and reddit indicate confusion - do you guys know how / if Warp Flurry works?

My understanding with it is that it starts your charge bar with more of it filled out as you increase the number of stacks.

So it's not that you get a faster charge, you just start with it more charged up.

I think.

There's a mod that shows you buffs that you wouldn't ordinarily see. I can confirm that warp flurry is something that gets tracked by the game engine.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

Both of you're fishing for a specific weapons. Unsure if white > orange crafting gives better odds on higher tier blessings though vs green > orange

And if you're just generally looking for blessings, make sure you set up the filters on the Armoury Exchange to highlight blessings ≥3 that show up in the credits store.

I also have some specific weapons/blessings set up to highlight what that my man Melk offers.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Does anyone have the post on installing mods?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

skaianDestiny posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017117&userid=21648&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post530514439

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

skaianDestiny posted:

Game updates will automatically disable all mods. Re-run toggle_darktide_mods.bat to enable them again.

Installation:
1. Copy the Darktide Mod Loader files to your game directory and overwrite existing.
2. Run toggle_darktide_mods.bat at your game folder.
3. Copy the Darktide Mod Framework files to your "mods" directory (<game folder>/mods) and overwrite existing.
3. Install other mods by downloading them from creation-showcase or the Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide), then adding them to <game folder>/mods/mod_load_order.txt with a text editor.

Disable mods:
* Disable individual mods by removing their name from your mods/mod_load_order.txt file.
* Run the toggle_darktide_mods.bat script at your game folder and choose to unpatch the bundle database to disable all mod loading entirely.

Uninstallation:
1. Run the toggle_darktide_mods.bat script at your game folder and choose to unpatch the bundle database.
2. Delete the mods and tools folders from your game directory.
3. Delete the mod_loader file from <game folder>/binaries.
4. Delete the 9ba626afa44a3aa3.patch_999 file from <game folder>/bundle.

Updating the mod loader:
1. Run the toggle_darktide_mods.bat script at your game folder and choose to unpatch the bundle database.
2. Copy the Darktide Mod Loader files to your game directory and overwrite existing (except for mod_load_order.txt, if you wish to preserve your mod list).
3. Run toggle_darktide_mods.bat at your game folder to re-enable mods.

Updating any other mod:
1. Delete the mod's directory from your mods folder.
2. Extract the updated mod to your mods folder. All settings will remain intact.

Troubleshooting:
* Make sure your game folder, mods folder, and mod_load_order.txt look like the images on this page: https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide/mods/19
* Make sure your mods have their dependencies listed above them in the load order.
* Remove all mods from the load order (or add '--' before each line).
* If all else fails, re-verify your game files and start the mod installation from the beginning.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

BeeSeeBee posted:

And if you're just generally looking for blessings, make sure you set up the filters on the Armoury Exchange to highlight blessings ≥3 that show up in the credits store.

I also have some specific weapons/blessings set up to highlight what that my man Melk offers.

Wait holy poo poo. Is this a mod? What other mods should I look into getting?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Artificer posted:

Wait holy poo poo. Is this a mod? What other mods should I look into getting?

Armory Exchange isn't a mod. https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/1000s5t/formally_announcing_the_armoury_exchange/

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

If I'm reading this right, Deathspitter is basically a worse version of Fire Frenzy, but without the range restriction on the bonus?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Yea and currently fire frenzy stacks 5 times which isnt in the description

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The biggest disappointment about the game is that barrels and enemy fire seems to barely hurt enemies, at best it will stagger them.

I had an oubliette game once where we blew up a barrel next to the traitor captain boss and he just instantly fell over dead from 50%+ hp. Always tried to recreate that, to no avail.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Evil Kit posted:

I will only provide one tip:

There is always a poxwalker behind you about to bash your head in. Always.

The perfect mouse sensitivity is the one that allows you to do a 180 to look behind you for the inevitable poxwalker between swings.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Zodium posted:

picked Darktide up to play with some buddies and i'm looking forward to playing it. i like to kill stuff with guns at range so i guess Veteran is a good class pick, are there any good guides I should read or watch? :3:

I find a lot of advice on darktide sorta tedious because I find a lot of it to be outdated or inaccurate, but here are some real general tips:

- Don't go it alone. Stick with your party. There are times where you want to break off and flank an enemy or briefly look for resources but early on that's a bad idea.

- Lower difficulties are good for getting your feet wet but tend to teach you bad lessons. If an aspect of the game seems easy on lower levels (enemy HP, how frequently you go down, not being able to accurately tell when enemies are sneaking up on you, etc) and suddenly becomes much harder that's usually an indication that you need to change something about how you play.

- As others have already said, there is always an enemy behind you. Don't tunnel vision and get stuck on trying to plow towards an objective. Make progress, but do so at a walk, looking around you, and staying aware of your surroundings.

- Block and shove have wide arcs, maybe even 360 degrees. Block and shove often. There's a rhythm to it. In addition, if you shove and continue holding down the attack button, an attack will come out that is sometimes unique to that animation and can be useful for chaining attacks together.

- Your toughness is your 'real' health, resource. HP is important, but toughness is far more so. Remember that toughness absorbs 100% of incoming projectile damage but provides only a flat % damage reduction to melee attacks, which quickly scales up as toughness goes down. You cannot afford to trade hits, especially when your toughness is depleted. If you find enemies stripping your toughness, you're either not blocking enough or you're standing in a place to get shot at freely.

- Don't get stuck on being 'the ranged guy'. Melee is a big part of the game and if somebody is up in your grill use a melee weapon. This is true even if you're a vet or a psyker. If you can dodge behind a teammate and get a better position feel free to switch back to ranged but never try to just tank out hits from a crowd while shooting, it's gonna be a bad time.

This is just basic stuff and things I see kill pubs a lot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

:toot:

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Is Deathblow a good blessing for this? I got one with Headtaker IV too but not sure what to put in the other slot yet, I was thinking Rampage for even more bonus power

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I believe like the Antax you want to get ignore hit mass so that you can just infinite cleave hordes with your absurdly high damage weapon that likes heads.

I had deathblow 1 on it and figured I'd just up this to orange and replace whatever rolled with headtaker IV, but it got that blessing by itself so I upgraded the deathblow.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tbh I haven't tried Deathblow out on the Heavy Sword yet but you don't really need it? Especially with Headtaker 4.

Idk though, I need to go back to my heavy sword ways and try it out I suppose.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I've only ever really tried one heavy sword so I can't compare the blessings exactly but mine has deathblow 3 and it is extremely loving good at dealing with both hordes and armored enemies. You just slice at head level and kill everything effortlessly

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Couple other newbie tips that haven't been mentioned yet:
  • Poxbursters can be shoved away and they will usually harmlessly detonate themselves if you dodge backwards right after, don't shoot Poxbursters that are already in explosion distance with a teammate, don't crowd around with everyone else and give the poxbursters more targets if they do go off, try and be proactive and be the person who seeks out the ticking noise and pushes them away before they reach your teammates.
  • Mutants can be side-stepped when you see their arm raised or when they roar after a failed attempt
  • Toughness regenerates much faster the more teammates you are near, try to avoid taking damage if you are out of toughness so it can regenerate, melee kills also regenerates it.
  • Don't be afraid to venture into malice as early as level 5-15 depending on how good you are feeling, low intensity heresy I'd say you can go as low as 10 or 15 with experience and weapons you are comfortable with.

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

adding onto the blessing chat, I was wondering what people liked to pair with headtaker on the turtolsky / brutal momentum on the antax mk v

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

[list]
[*]Poxbursters can be shoved away and they will usually harmlessly detonate themselves if you dodge backwards right after, don't shoot Poxbursters that are already in explosion distance with a teammate, don't crowd around with everyone else and give the poxbursters more targets if they do go off, try and be proactive and be the person who seeks out the ticking noise and pushes them away before they reach your teammates.

To add to this: I've heard people express frustrations with Poxbursters seemingly be immune to pushes when they try this. The reason (I believe) after some testing is that once a Poxburster has fully jumped and its feet are off the ground, it becomes immune to all but the most insane stagger/stun. Surge staff is the only thing I've seen stop a mid-air Poxburster with any regularity at this point. You need to be more proactive and actually approach the Poxburster before it can jump to shove it back, which is a bit nerve wracking but very consistent once you know how to do it.

You can also make use of walls/boxes to shove a Poxburster safely and cause it to detonate, being able to highlight one with a ping from you or your teammate facilitates this immensely.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The heavy sword already has really high cleave, it'll almost never get stuck. You want rampage for extra damage.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

• Poxbursters can be shoved away and they will usually harmlessly detonate themselves if you dodge backwards right after, don't shoot Poxbursters that are already in explosion distance with a teammate, don't crowd around with everyone else and give the poxbursters more targets if they do go off, try and be proactive and be the person who seeks out the ticking noise and pushes them away before they reach your teammates.

The one thing I'll say to this is do not go "seek out" the poxburster if its running down an area with good LOS as a vet may want to shoot it safely away from the team and you running in to get exploded by this would be very bad. Pushing is for when you don't really have a chance to deal with the poxburster at range and I've noticed a lot of pubbies stop everything to go run at the poxburster when half the team is already shooting it.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Evil Kit posted:

To add to this: I've heard people express frustrations with Poxbursters seemingly be immune to pushes when they try this. The reason (I believe) after some testing is that once a Poxburster has fully jumped and its feet are off the ground, it becomes immune to all but the most insane stagger/stun. Surge staff is the only thing I've seen stop a mid-air Poxburster with any regularity at this point. You need to be more proactive and actually approach the Poxburster before it can jump to shove it back, which is a bit nerve wracking but very consistent once you know how to do it.

You can also make use of walls/boxes to shove a Poxburster safely and cause it to detonate, being able to highlight one with a ping from you or your teammate facilitates this immensely.

The other factor I think people aren't considering when it comes to pushing Poxbursters is stamina. I've seen someone sprint up to an approaching burster, fail a seemingly well-timed shove and then complain. I'm pretty sure his stamina was depleted when he tried this, and zero-stamina shoves are useless in virtually all circumstances.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Magitek posted:

The other factor I think people aren't considering when it comes to pushing Poxbursters is stamina. I've seen someone sprint up to an approaching burster, fail a seemingly well-timed shove and then complain. I'm pretty sure his stamina was depleted when he tried this, and zero-stamina shoves are useless in virtually all circumstances.

Don't call me out like this please

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While messing around with a mod for the meatgrinder it had the option to spawn something called a plague ogyn sprayer.

It had the same attack pattern as a regular plague ogyn but with green slime trails, will likely be the stormfiend equivalent when it gets new animations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Magitek posted:

You can see how much stamina your push consumes by doing it at 100%. Whatever gets taken off your stamina is the cost of a "full power push" - I am pretty sure you need at least half of that amount or better to successfully push a poxburster. It may even be the full 100% needed. Keep that in mind if you're sprinting up to one you want to either leave that amount remaining or wait a sec to recoup enough to get the push off.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Whats a good pattern of movement and dodging for power sword?

I usually just dodge after every heavy attack, do that twice, push, then recharge, and then start heavy attacking again.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is my prediction for the next big patch:

A lot of good changes.
Some changes that will leave people baffled or mad they neutered their main character/weapon.
The usual unusual fatshark bugs plaguing the patch, maybe the 1 damage you take from a dog pouncing someone near you will get several extra zero's added onto it, who knows.
Possibly new ogyn random boss.

What would make the patch the best of all time in the playerbases eyes: Hadron gets new voice lines that compliments the players for handling the objective in under 10 seconds.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Evil Kit posted:

To add to this: I've heard people express frustrations with Poxbursters seemingly be immune to pushes when they try this. The reason (I believe) after some testing is that once a Poxburster has fully jumped and its feet are off the ground, it becomes immune to all but the most insane stagger/stun.

I've never had this, at all. I don't think this is it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The poxburster gets stagger immunity for a few seconds if you stagger it, so if you weak push or someone shoots it and doesn't nail the full stagger knockdown it will keep running with hyperarmor for a few seconds. Which means you can't push it.

Re: Powersword

It depends on the scenario but the ideal "basic using the powersword" is:

Charge Special
Heavy Swing
Heavy Swing
Dodge Back
Charge Special
Dodge Back
Repeat Heavy Swinging

Throw in block push attack if you won't be able to use the special in time before eating enemy attacks. Vet has such poo poo stamina and regen that I don't push unless absolutely necessary, where as I push all the time on Vet/Ogryn just to manhandle the crowd. With Vet the key is to get off as many big heavy swings power charged as possible.

Don't disrespect the light attack too: un charged it does great stagger and knocks chaff enemies out of their melee animation so you don't need to block or push. Charged it can kill a bunch of the basic enemies pretty quick. Do that to clear space.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 22, 2023

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Im early so im sure it doesnt matter but what should i prioritize on curios?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

ZeusCannon posted:

Mix of toughness and health on Vet, Health on everyone else. Having a +1 wound curio is good if you are getting downed a lot. For the secondary perks:

+5% HP / Toughness
+30% Toughness Regen
+Damage Resistance (Gunner)
+Damage Resistance (Sniper)

These are the goat perks

Block Efficiency
Stamina Regen
Corruption Resist

Are decent

I run +Ordo Dockets on all my characters because I need the money but everything else is trash

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

While messing around with a mod for the meatgrinder it had the option to spawn something called a plague ogyn sprayer.

It had the same attack pattern as a regular plague ogyn but with green slime trails, will likely be the stormfiend equivalent when it gets new animations.

That model looks so sick lol

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Evil Kit posted:

I love my surge staff for poxburster knockback, so good.

On my Ogryn sometimes I've found it useful (typically in a situation with a crowd of chaff in the way) to bull charge the poxburster, cancel the charge right after you hit them which does a big stun/knockback and you can back up out of the way of their explosion with plenty of time.

ZeusCannon posted:

If you're veteran then I think toughness can be good, otherwise go for more health. Beyond that I wouldn't really worry until you get say 25+ where you might actually get good enough curios to keep longer than a few hours.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Jerkface posted:

The poxburster gets stagger immunity for a few seconds if you stagger it, so if you weak push or someone shoots it and doesn't nail the full stagger knockdown it will keep running with hyperarmor for a few seconds. Which means you can't push it.

Re: Powersword

It depends on the scenario but the ideal "basic using the powersword" is:

Charge Special
Heavy Swing
Heavy Swing
Dodge Back
Charge Special
Dodge Back
Repeat Heavy Swinging

Throw in block push attack if you won't be able to use the special in time before eating enemy attacks. Vet has such poo poo stamina and regen that I don't push unless absolutely necessary, where as I push all the time on Vet/Ogryn just to manhandle the crowd. With Vet the key is to get off as many big heavy swings power charged as possible.

Don't disrespect the light attack too: un charged it does great stagger and knocks chaff enemies out of their melee animation so you don't need to block or push. Charged it can kill a bunch of the basic enemies pretty quick. Do that to clear space.

Hmmm. Thanks! I've been relying on push and blocks and keeping my back to the wall but that's not always possible.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'd love to see a Stormvermin patrol-equivalent threat make an appearance at some point.

I'm picturing a formation of carapace-armored, heavily-armed stormtrooper equivalents flanked by souped-up ogryns and led by a spiky officer at the front; all chanting the vocals from the boss theme as they march towards the players.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

quote:

Sire Melk's Requisitorium will be busy restocking and will be unavailable from 23:55 UTC today (22/3), the Armoury Exchange will be closed for relocation at 7:55 UTC tomorrow (23/3) - both will be available again after the deployment of the upcoming Content Drop!
Contracts and Tasks will still record progress and grant rewards as usual, however players will not be able to purchase items during this time.

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/sire-melk-and-armoury-exchange/77125

Looks like the patch drops tomorrow

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

[list]
[*]Poxbursters can be shoved away and they will usually harmlessly detonate themselves if you dodge backwards right after,

this is so unreliable I personally don't do that as a vet. Either let others deal with it or just shoot it down. Daily people try it and it works maybe 2, 3 times and the rest of them explode in their faces.

Best counter is mage stagger or mindburst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Artificer posted:

Whats a good pattern of movement and dodging for power sword?

I usually just dodge after every heavy attack, do that twice, push, then recharge, and then start heavy attacking again.

Don't forget to whip your camera around with the swing (like you're playing Mordhau - so a left to right heavy attack, you want to look right as the slash is coming out) to hit additional targets.