Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

yup. the forums needs to crack down on the disgusting misandry. thjanks for advocating treecko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Cock

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
New forums rule every post regardless of topic must include homegrown

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm struggling with how to say this, but this is getting very close to brigading SAD, which is the same sort of complaint you've all had about them. I'm going to warn you not to do that. If you have a legitimate gripe, then post it while following the rules. I don't care to hear the whole "well they don't follow it why should we" poo poo

This thread is getting way off track and I'm going to stop warning here soon on it. Knock it off.

How can you brigade a place that's supposed to be for everyone though

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

good morning all my friends

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Rude.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sid Vicious posted:

Good morning soon-to-be mod Sid Vicious

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Dixville posted:

How can you brigade a place that's supposed to be for everyone though
Every forum and thread is for everyone. They can still be brigaded though. Intent and context matters. But I would say more GBS posters should post there, especially if they're concerned their voices aren't being heard.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I just saw smugworths signature and i just want to say he wants it too bad, i vote against him

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
There are no other candidates so a vote against smugworth is actually a vote FOR smugworth

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I vote for inanimate carbon rod

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
OK, real post.

It's fine to joke around on the internet, over-modderation hurts the community. I mostly do it while I wait for real life events.

I would never call someone hurtful things on purpose in person.There is a separation between internet shitposts and what actually affects you.

I mostly read other subforums to learn about cool, interesting skills other people have. I don't mess up those threads.

But this is GBS, and fireing off word salad shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings. That's kinda thier problem.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

There are no other candidates so a vote against smugworth is actually a vote FOR smugworth

BAGS FLY AT NOON for admin

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Suggestion: Rotating stickied threads that are for making funny jokes and content. Pick a topic and let goons have it, basically a Photoshop Friday thing except its all week long and its for jokes not necessarily slick photoshops (I fuckin suck at photoshop)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What kind of insult is it to call someone womens genitals anyway. Like.. are they saying they want to gently caress that c-word man? Or they hate them because they hate womens genitals? Very strange. Kind of like those genitals are independent of women and walking around and doing stuff some people hate. Weeeeeeird. My friend named his band Crunt which was funny.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Hmm the only thing I can thing of is I want Smugworth to be my moderator! This guy right here!

Only make it so his moderation buttons dont actually work so he cant go mad with power, like the opposite of a shadowban

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

what if I say Cuntilda about Gruntilda, the witch from banjo kazookey

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My rabbits name was Gruntilda but I often called ger Cuntilda, or Cunty

She was pretty mean

Have her ashes still

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

every gbs post should be required to contain a slur

we can trial that for 3 months and then evaluate afterward if the slurs were really the problem or just a scapegoat rustled up by those mayflys from SAD

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Actually all of my posts cuntain a cleverly hidden slur

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bagmonkey posted:

Suggestion: Rotating stickied threads that are for making funny jokes and content. Pick a topic and let goons have it, basically a Photoshop Friday thing except its all week long and its for jokes not necessarily slick photoshops (I fuckin suck at photoshop)

We should just encourage upvoting good threads and mods should look at who's downvoting good threads. Stickying threads always feels like forced mod approved popularity. I know GBS gets megathread clutter, but stickying uninteresting threads just train your eyes to ignore them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What if we all posted for fun and had fun posting together

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

That's already what I do

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You're laughing

the posting wars are being fought and you're laughing

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

What if we all posted for fun and had fun posting together

gently caress you

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

and dine should be the parent forum of gbs, not the other way around.

Also if you don't post in there and talk about fast food in gbs instead you are a coward

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

GBS look at my new kitty, he is the bestest lil guy. Rescued him from a place with way too many cats not being cared for, now he's a grade A fuckin kitty cat and I'm gonna spoil him rotten.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Charles Bukowski posted:

GBS look at my new kitty, he is the bestest lil guy. Rescued him from a place with way too many cats not being cared for, now he's a grade A fuckin kitty cat and I'm gonna spoil him rotten.

very nice cat. good quality.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rub the little guy's furry brow with a toothbrush :kimchi:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Charles Bukowski posted:

:love:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

Let it be known that I, Smugworth, official candidate for GBS moderator, loves all cats

That cat looks very approachable and I would like to interact with it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Sid Vicious posted:

Good to see you, Sid.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Remember when low effort threads were discouraged so there wouldn't be so many posts of 'I farted' and 'I had a taco for lunch" etc.?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

isaboo posted:

a lot of goons are terrible at curating and moderating their own forum experience. shocking.

maybe make more tools available - a better ignore function that also hides the offending post if it is quoted, a user defined 'gentle caress' function etc

I don't know though I'm just a oval office

Some people enjoy getting angry at things, and they choose to constantly ruminate on topics/thread/posters that make them angry in the same way that one might enjoy picking at a scab.

We owe it to these people to keep shitposting.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hello you need to post that in the 5000 page thread thankssss

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

Hello you need to post that in the 5000 page thread thankssss

i dont have the time to read 5k pages rn

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

i dont have the time to read 5k pages rn

You can just post and leave that's the whole idea

we're talking about garfield right now cuz I got a new Garfield shirt for the office

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Remember when low effort threads were discouraged so there wouldn't be so many posts of 'I farted' and 'I had a taco for lunch" etc.?

If ya don't like it, don't read it!

Like it's not like the titles are misleading you into thinking they are something other than shitposts. Just don't click on the fart thread and leave the fart people be imo. Though we do need more effort threads in general I think

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

wait i didn't know there are cats in the 5000 page thread what else have i been missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

PureEvil6_13 posted:

No. bigpeelers threads weren't that much effort considering he just made everything up