Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s been poo poo all night. Beverly really fucks with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
overtime should always be Elam. make it 10

e: or make it 8, but you have to win by 2

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Kings getting their asses destroyed. Walker Kessler preventing Sabonis from doing anything

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

the sixers stink

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

harden finally fouled Beverly out

let’s see if he can score

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is harden injured

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yes

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

season over then. not that it was really started to begin with

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The bulls are just too good now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the bulls would easily win the west

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

we all knew this was a trap game. Philly stinks against the bulls lately.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Is the injury bad enough that I should pick up D'Anthony Melton for my fantasy team?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t care about your fantasy team

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

nice d'anthony meltdown

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What if D'Anthony Melton and Mike D'Antoni got gay married

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dua’antonis

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'm MAD at the stinky SIXERS

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

What if D'Anthony Melton and Mike D'Antoni got gay married

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat the Cavs are gonna let the nets make this a real game even after being up 24 in the 4th. This is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well nevermind.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Well they could probably beat the Rockets

Probably

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

Bulls are actually an unusual team in that they are 25-22 against the East and only 9-15 against the West this year. Most teams are better against the West

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Just checked on the East vs. West record and if my addition is good, the East is 217-194 against the West or roughly a .528 winning percentage which means they would be somewhere between the Clippers and the Suns as a team

The top three teams (Bucks/Celtics/76ers) are 61-19 against the West! Top six are 103-60 which means they would collectively be second in the West. Top Top three teams in the West are only 48-36 against the East while the top six are 88-80 against the East. That means the top six teams in the West aren't even as good as the entire East is against the West!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

seems like the kings may have lost their mojo, sadly

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
almost feel bad for the clips

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I feel bad for Paul George but they assembled a team of over 30 players with a history of injuries on the theory that if they all are healthy for the playoffs that they could win it all. Those teams are bad for the league overall because it literally never works out and just ends up with a hyped up fanbase that is inevitably disappointed. Although it is the Clippers so ... if that team has a fanbase they should at least be inured to disappointment by now.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they should just have PG and Kawhi rest deal with nagging calf injuries until mid March next season

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Azathoth posted:

I feel bad for Paul George but they assembled a team of over 30 players with a history of injuries on the theory that if they all are healthy for the playoffs that they could win it all. Those teams are bad for the league overall because it literally never works out and just ends up with a hyped up fanbase that is inevitably disappointed. Although it is the Clippers so ... if that team has a fanbase they should at least be inured to disappointment by now.

worked for san antonio

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i odont feel bad at all, gently caress la

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

worked for san antonio

way different when it's an aging team that's played together for years going for one last hurrah. as a fan i can get behind that even if they don't win, way different when it's all hired guns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i odont feel bad at all, gently caress la

This.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if the clippers had acquired a center at any time in the last three years they would have been fine

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

kawhi dribbled the ball for a full 20 seconds as the clock ran out, never attempted to pass or shoot until the buzzer already went off

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Azathoth posted:

way different when it's an aging team that's played together for years going for one last hurrah. as a fan i can get behind that even if they don't win, way different when it's all hired guns

yeah but you said that having a team built around 30+ year olds "literally never works out" but it did for the spurs

also the 2008 celtics

e: ok you said injury-prone over-30 players which didn't really apply to either the 2010s spurs or those celtics

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah but you said that having a team built around 30+ year olds "literally never works out" but it did for the spurs

also the 2008 celtics

e: ok you said injury-prone over-30 players which didn't really apply to either the 2010s spurs or those celtics

Yeah, it's the injury prone part that matters. KG was a loving machine when it came to minutes and when he went to Boston the whole point was that everyone knew it was only gonna work for a couple years. LeBron has similarly been good on minutes over 30, and that obviously has worked too. On the teams you mention, Duncan was similarly a workhorse.

The point is that serious injury begets serious injury. For every guy who has a bad one and comes back and plays 60+ games for the rest of their career, there's a dozen guys who only are as good as they were for short bursts.

These guys should be doing the Blake Griffin thing rather than fooling themselves into thinking that their body, with all the wear and tear on it, is gonna somehow get right just when they need it.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

if the clippers had acquired a center at any time in the last three years they would have been fine

You really are stuck to that one loving idea. There is actually more to basketball than which team has the biggest, strongest center. For the Clippers, their offense and in particular their offensive flow is the actual biggest issue. They don't have a solid starting point guard (or other positional player who can play that role) to create and manage the game. They went from Reggie Jackson (bleh) to Westbrook (double bleh) and basically have no one else on the roster who can handle that job. Their entire offense is based on Kawhi or PG trying to ISO their way to victory. It's ugly as hell and it's obviously a huge, glaring issue if you have the misfortune of catching their games.

They could also stand to improve at center but they have decent length and serviceable rim protection as thing stand. The team is all big forwards and wings with essentially a league-average center and a pail of garbage at point guard.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s the most valuable position on the court. seems like something reasonable to be focusing on

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
has a team ever won a championship without a Center? I think not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

has a team ever won a championship without a Center? I think not.

the warriors just won like 5 with draymond green playing a lot of important minutes at center