Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Iuliia Mendel is was Zelenskyy's personal spokesperson, so I'd hope she knows what she's talking about.

Maybe she's talking out of turn here.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

Remember James Vasquez from Twitter?

E: Ah found it:

The irony was that PegLegActual was also a social media grifter (EDIT: Grifter is too strong, but they were doing a lot of self-promoting) and stopped posting the moment they were told they weren't allowed to keep self-promoting their social media channels.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Deteriorata posted:

Iuliia Mendel is Zelenskyy's personal spokesperson, so Ukraine is also asserting it.

Ukraine should probably decide if they're going to assert or deny this.

"We can both confirm and deny this news"
- Ukraine

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Kchama posted:

The irony was that PegLegActual was also a social media grifter (EDIT: Grifter is too strong, but they were doing a lot of self-promoting) and stopped posting the moment they were told they weren't allowed to keep self-promoting their social media channels.

lol you're right, I'd forgotten about that. IIRC he also tried to lowkey recruit people from here too. I suppose game recognizes game, but all the same I hope that crazy pegleg man is safe and it's extremely lol how vasquez tapped out:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Sniper Ghost Wario

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1638583776585318401

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

And here I thought the trophy I got for my little league team finishing 2nd to last in 7th grade was the most useless award humanity would ever give out.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

lol you're right, I'd forgotten about that. IIRC he also tried to lowkey recruit people from here too. I suppose game recognizes game, but all the same I hope that crazy pegleg man is safe and it's extremely lol how vasquez tapped out:

I don't think pegleg was a grifter, I think he's genuinely out there doing legit war crimes investigation work for the AFU. IIRC the real issue was that nobody admining this site wants to be adjudicating between the good guys and the Caro's in implementing a 'don't post from a warzone you've travelled to' rule so it got blanket application and he was told to stop posting.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Alchenar posted:

I don't think pegleg was a grifter, I think he's genuinely out there doing legit war crimes investigation work for the AFU. IIRC the real issue was that nobody admining this site wants to be adjudicating between the good guys and the Caro's in implementing a 'don't post from a warzone you've travelled to' rule so it got blanket application and he was told to stop posting.

Ahhh, Caro. Wonder what he's up to these days. Not gonna lie it wouldn't shock me if he turned up in Ukraine at this point

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

HonorableTB posted:

Ahhh, Caro. Wonder what he's up to these days. Not gonna lie it wouldn't shock me if he turned up in Ukraine at this point

If that idiot's still allowed to have a passport then I seriously question the government's decision making process.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I seriously hope that dude actually just got help.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

drilldo squirt posted:

If that idiot's still allowed to have a passport then I seriously question the government's decision making process.

friend, donald john trump was president for four years

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Alchenar posted:

Yeah I editted my post because calling him a grifter was too strong but I can really understand preferring not having people talk about their warzone travels no matter the reason.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Speaking of warzones here's the latest casualty count:

16 more UAVs down along with~20 armored vehicles.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mirage indeed.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Neo_Crimson posted:

From what I know, Aikido isn't a fake martial art, but it's not that great and you're better off learning Judo or BJJ.

It’s a tumbling routine more or less. It has no practical purpose

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Flowers for QAnon posted:

It’s a tumbling routine more or less. It has no practical purpose

It has some practical purpose (it does teach real techniques) but the problem is that it's about not hurting the other person which is not particularly useful in, yaknow, a real battle.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Russia promises severe consequences of Western aid continues to funnel into ukraine. What are those consequences? Depleting their cruise missile stocks.

I mean the missile attacks have basically fizzled out yes they're still horrible but they aren't knocking power down like they did three months ago.. I mean we went from the entire country having major blackouts to basically the lights on In Kherson in lieu of missile attacks

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Goofy stuff non-included karate is also pretty straightforward and practical but it kinda expects you to have the frame for it since it really doesn't do those locks or other stuff like some others do.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Russia promises severe consequences of Western aid continues to funnel into ukraine. What are those consequences? Depleting their cruise missile stocks.

I mean the missile attacks have basically fizzled out yes they're still horrible but they aren't knocking power down like they did three months ago.. I mean we went from the entire country having major blackouts to basically the lights on In Kherson in lieu of missile attacks

between all the 'precision' missiles they have left Ukraine mentioned as of the last missile attack they only have a grand total of ~150 remaining. The problem isn't those, which while dangerous, pale in comparison to the number of dumbfire air defense rockets they still have to use on ground targets.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

If a steady soup supply is guaranteed, the guys will master this plane in a third of the time that it takes to train a normal pilot. Soup, my friends. Always the right answer for the fighter.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

The associated image, just in case you wanted to get a feel for how many Abrams we have laying about, since I assume this was some random day at some portion of a depot yard at Ft Carson.

Edit paywalled source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/21/abrams-tanks-ukraine/

mdxi fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 22, 2023

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Oh man, coming up on a year. I remember driving Pegleg to the border at night. It was still early-ish days, so the towns on the Polish-Ukrainian border were the last sources of light and as we drove to the Medyka crossing, beyond which there was just utter darkness. poo poo got real solem in that last stretch, esp. after a week of loving about in Warsaw. It was the middle of the night when we came into the Polish border office with bags of various gear and Leg’s, well, peg leg, to the bemusment of the lone Polish border guard inside. Old Leg got in, bounced around and came out a few weeks later and there’s at least a few dozen UA army guys that benefited directly from him being there.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Somewhere deep in Russia, deep in the back of a warehouse a quartermaster is eyeing a row of wooden catapults and doing some rough calculations for how many can fit on a rail car.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HonorableTB posted:

Speaking of warzones here's the latest casualty count:

16 more UAVs down along with~20 armored vehicles.

Are they speedrunning to 400k by the end of the year?

I also thought Aikido was a perfectly good martial art for average people to learn what to do if a Eagles fan throws a roundhouse at a bar and you need to put him on the ground then leave. I thought its whole thing was do the minimum necessary to defend and then extract yourself from a situation.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Little writeup of the situation in the far East and Xi's visit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/samagreene/status/1638230854991224857

Partly verifies my earlier theory that China would hegemonize the Russian east through soft power and economic means.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

shadow puppet of a posted:

Somewhere deep in Russia, deep in the back of a warehouse a quartermaster is eyeing a row of wooden catapults and doing some rough calculations for how many can fit on a rail car.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if catapults start appearing somewhere on the field at this point. We've already seen both mobiks and the so-called republics' soldiers shown using bows and crossbows. Then there was the talk about being sent into hand to hand combat with trench shovels.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/Seveerity/status/1638571171577774081

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1638555139853172737

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

zone posted:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if catapults start appearing somewhere on the field at this point. We've already seen both mobiks and the so-called republics' soldiers shown using bows and crossbows. Then there was the talk about being sent into hand to hand combat with trench shovels.

If it comes to relatively static dug in front-lines akin to WW1, and WW2 in some places, improvised catapults and slings for throwing hand grenades over the no-mans land will surely make a comeback.

EDIT:

here is an example from the FDF during WW2.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 22, 2023

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Dwesa posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1638587089678737437

something something Russia's sanitation coverage

I love that she goes through hair and makeup everyday and always goes with the "Bond villain sidekick" look. I bet she isn't very fun at parties.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Little writeup of the situation in the far East and Xi's visit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/samagreene/status/1638230854991224857

Partly verifies my earlier theory that China would hegemonize the Russian east through soft power and economic means.

Greene here says that they pledged on the second pipeline gas deal, but Bloomberg reports there's no progress in the talks, china doesn't need it: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-22/xi-aligns-with-putin-against-us-but-hesitates-on-big-gas-deal

If true all of this is even more pointless and embarrassing, Putin tried to sell Russia for cheap and even failed at that

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1638645163584102400
loving sucks.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Marshall Plan 2?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Slap a couple decades of demining and removing UXO on top. Russia should pay for it.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Somaen posted:

Greene here says that they pledged on the second pipeline gas deal, but Bloomberg reports there's no progress in the talks, china doesn't need it: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-22/xi-aligns-with-putin-against-us-but-hesitates-on-big-gas-deal

If true all of this is even more pointless and embarrassing, Putin tried to sell Russia for cheap and even failed at that

So basically the Chinese delegation dropped in to eat in KFC, have a photo-op, refused to discuss serious money or politics, and flew home? Not a great look here for the imperial tsar Vladimir.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1638552406110633984
Well... I certainly didn't expect Prigozhin to pull this publicity stunt

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

Marshall Plan 2?

Oh I don't doubt Ukraine will get one, but it just hurts to see so much pointless destruction because monke couldn't leave well enough alone.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Der Kyhe posted:

So basically the Chinese delegation dropped in to eat in KFC, have a photo-op, refused to discuss serious money or politics, and flew home? Not a great look here for the imperial tsar Vladimir.

Nothing like enjoying some good, local cuisine of your host coun...oh.

Western cultural Hegemony, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Isw Maps

https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1638658439143649280?t=UYbKSXLRbWZNW-lx4XxeEw&s=19