Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Waiter is the vasárnapig fresh or aged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Iron Crowned posted:

Orange pizza is probably ok, not as good as pineapple though

It's the sheer amount, I just got used to little pineapple bits and I'm not ready for full orange disks

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

would

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001114623956.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004533884386.html

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 21, 2023

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:yeshaha:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"my tastes are... unconventional."
"show me."

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rrvtpyanok1uk10e9.mp4

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 21, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You know... I wouldn't be proud about it, but ... would.

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!

Restaurant name checks out

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

dlrry posted:

Restaurant name checks out
Most of their food looks amazing, but

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm more into Pizza THOT

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

uber_stoat posted:

"my tastes are... unconventional."
"show me."

https://i.imgur.com/EmJWIYH.mp4

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

500excf type r posted:

Potato pizza rules and it largely feels like a connecticut thing because I cant get it anywhere

ya i had a feeling it was willington pizza behind it

Listen up, you son of a dog, Willi Pizza is literally 5 minutes down the road from me. It is the only place I can get a cheeseburger pizza while seeing a lifted pickup with LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER in the parking lot. I will not tolerate you sullying their good name

You can go to Chuck's like the other plebs :argh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

:mad:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I can safely say that this thing, whatever it is, is an eldritch abomination that shouldn't exist

itry
Aug 23, 2019

zone posted:

I can safely say that this thing, whatever it is, is an eldritch abomination that shouldn't exist

Yeah, but what about the pizza?

:hurr:

Edit: Like, is it supposed to be a heart? Looks more like an elbow. Maybe an alien with large bumps on its forehead?

itry fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 21, 2023

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

The only way to find out if your pizza is a witch.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/littlecaesars/status/1638193748419964930?t=x5lZGGAvO4K0DdcnwhT3eA&s=19

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Not gonna lie, I'd pick that over the Pizza Hut I got for dinner tonight

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

People who put cheese over the top of a burger can go straight to hell.

Just drifts away.

https://i.imgur.com/BpemxBH.mp4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

FFT posted:

Most of their food looks amazing, but

Pizza? Hot?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I feel like this is something the chief should probably know. But who knows, I'm no chief.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/yULDybZ.mp4
Unmute

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:lol:

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

There is nothing wrong with making a pizza a stromboli or burrito. the difference being before or after cooking. We know it's still a pizza and it's still gonna be yums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIaebng5Q38
This I saw for the first time and gave me new perspective on more pineapple, more pineapple, more pineapple, and more pineapple.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This pizza definitely isn't the worst but this new pizza plac ejust opened up by me

https://crustbrotherspizza.com/

That I guess they must have some local media connections or something because every single tv news channel has been running stories about how people have been waiting forever for this place to open (I don't know anyone who had even heard of it before it opened) and how it's the best pizza you'll ever have.

They're really proud about their other location being rated the #12 best pizza place in the US on Yelp

So with all that buildup let's see what we can learn from their website gallery

Lesson #1: They Use Sauce

Pretty important for any pizza place, it's good to know that Crust Brothers uses sauce on their pizza and that if I order their pizza, I can expect them to scoop sauce onto it out of this ladle.

Lesson #2: All pepperoni Pizzas look the same

Okay sure whatever, it's hard for a pepperoni pizza to look distinctly good or bad in a picture because it's a pepperoni pizza. This looks like standard bar pizza or whatever which is fine.

Lesson #3: Maybe they're called Crust Brothers because that's the only part of a pizza they know how to make (besides the sauce)

Lesson #4: Yummy healthy options

Side note to restaurant owners from someone who worked in restaurant-focused ecommerce research for a while: do not use cellphone pictures of your real food on your website. Do not cook your good food and then take pictures of it with your cellphone and put it on your website. Only used staged photos, because real actual honest-to-goodness photos of real food without studio lighting almost always looks unappetizing!!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Those pizzas look tasty regardless of presentation, but 12th best in the nation though? It feels like a solid local place that I'd go to, but that's about it.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

deep dish peat moss posted:

Side note to restaurant owners from someone who worked in restaurant-focused ecommerce research for a while: do not use cellphone pictures of your real food on your website. Do not cook your good food and then take pictures of it with your cellphone and put it on your website. Only used staged photos, because real actual honest-to-goodness photos of real food without studio lighting almost always looks unappetizing!!!

That's not photographing with a phone. that's applying filters. Any photo can be touched to look better. A dslr is going to take a better photo that's easier to edit for anyone that can edit. a 'pretty' filter of insta actually will do less that a small smack of talent. I agree with the point of not faking what food will look like though.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Those pizzas look tasty regardless of presentation, but 12th best in the nation though? It feels like a solid local place that I'd go to, but that's about it.

ever in eastern IA go to Mabe's. they don't gently caress around with bullshit and will sell you a pizza that's delicious for a fair price. blt is good, but a regular is the best way to go for take out.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

nesamdoom posted:

That's not photographing with a phone. that's applying filters. Any photo can be touched to look better. A dslr is going to take a better photo that's easier to edit for anyone that can edit. a 'pretty' filter of insta actually will do less that a small smack of talent. I agree with the point of not faking what food will look like though.

ever in eastern IA go to Mabe's. they don't gently caress around with bullshit and will sell you a pizza that's delicious for a fair price. blt is good, but a regular is the best way to go for take out.

im looking at pictures of Mabe's right now

bonus image of some very Iowa people

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

nesamdoom posted:

It's not even just filters it's the quick "Pull out your cellphone and snap a pic of a dish" - you can take a great photo with a phone but one of the biggest sales boosters we saw for restaurants was getting a professional photographer to take photos with actual lighting, deliberate composition, thoughtful inclusion of the restaurant environment, etc (which was sometimes done on a phone). People are very quick to leave a restaurant website if the food doesn't look appetizing, but what they're comparing it to in their mind is well-staged instagram food photos or whatever: if it doesn't look like that, a lot of people just assume it looks like "bad food". It's dumb, but making your food look "real" because the photos are taken on your tables under your restaurant's actual fluorescent lights right after it comes out of the kitchen leads to fewer online orders.

Modern cellphones often apply those bad filters themselves without saying anything and that's part of the problem.

Basically if you are a restaurant owner and photography is not your passion hobby, do not photograph your own food yourself.

e: Our research on this is part of the reason that so many ghost kitchens on delivery services use generic food photos, we shared it with the delivery services and then they started adding generic photos for ghost kitchens to use :doh:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 23, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AARD VARKMAN posted:

im looking at pictures of Mabe's right now

bonus image of some very Iowa people

Would I eat there?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Some place in Lincoln

this isn't a pizza but wtf look at how they prepped this, what I can only assume is, meatball sub

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Build it yourself meatball sub

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Whatever they served is definitely sub-meatballs :hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Meatballs; sub

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Meatballs; sub

Looking for dom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I support the meatballs fleeing for freedom and wish them well.