Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All the rear end that's fit to print!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Man we’re almost caught up on Swan Boy! Thankfully it still gets regular posts. Thankfully CYELATM also gets regular posts, so it’ll stay in the thread long after I catch up.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I think I saw this set of comic strips by Dakota McFadzean posted here some years ago. The comic stuck with me and I saved one of the strips so that I could find it again. "Again" turned out to be today and consequently I'll post the strips here again:

Somehow the low-key horror works great for momomomomomomomomo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:yeshaha:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Thanks for posting hiagb, Youremother! Probably KC's least accessible work but one of my favorites.

Hempuli posted:

nenenenenenenenene

Now that's the good unnerving poo poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wait a minute... TWO Ronas!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They'll have to work together, so we can call them co-Ronas.

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

That was quite a ride. Seeing it in context of the other readers in the thread was a real great way to do that one, thanks mom for posting it!

Even after some of the critiques I've heard i really liked it, both for cleverness and the storyline, and kcg's raw skill in getting emotion and action across of course (like everybody else had already said).

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Giant Ethicist posted:

I tried to make it clear here that Chako’s boredom has caused the room to fill with eggs, rather than the eggs causing her boredom. Obviously.

This was VERY clear. Good job!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
so the moral of HiaGB is "murder you're famil"

bold, but I'll allow it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

no its kill you are self

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

And who is more you're famil than you are self?

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

i think it's closer to boba's interpretation. kill your ego so you can break out of bad habits and self destructive behavior.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
perhaps you are self and you're famil, are one in the same

Maybe he is a good boy, after all...

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
HIAGB is pretty great, but man is it ugly.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Tree Bucket posted:

Hey! Let's not go posting accurate things here, OK?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: Her journey is far from over

quote:

Prayer of Forgiveness

Alt: This is where it gets weird

quote:

Dungeon Crawl

Alt: The Once and Future King

quote:

“Though the lord of the pit clads himself in finery and smiles, do not be bedeviled. He is a wretched, stinking king, and the minds of men are playthings to him.”

– Solomon David, Celestial Emperor

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Frush posted:

I've read HIAGB through way back when it came out, its kind of insane in the best way.

But I just made a realization seeing these again. Actual potential spoilers for later; Might want to put a pin in these two for later. I'm going to keep things vague still though, as a courtesy for accidental mouseovers.

I flagged these way back when, but didn't want to spoil anything. They foreshadow the hell out of the ending, but there's a lot in this comic you don't catch until you read it through twice.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

Haha, I've been thinking all along that it's my favorite of his on the artistic side. It gets weird and grotesque, but I think it's pretty immaculately drawn, especially with the color work.
It's just been something that's come to mind, because KC Green seems like he's happy to wander all over the place from quick sketchy doodles to very refined illustration work depending on the comic, more than pretty much anyone else being posted in here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave

Hempuli posted:

Dakota McFadzean

gently caress yes. I still remember seeing this when I was lurking in earlier days of this thread or its predecessor. Loved it so much that I looked the artist up and binged everything I could find.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

skeleton warrior posted:

Hothead Paisan: Radical Lesbian Terrorist, Issue #7, Part 2

Skipping the recap because this issue starts with one!

Hothead Paisan: Radical Lesbian Terrorist, Issue #8, Part 1

For versimilitude, please click on the following link while you read the first few pages of this strip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng1FoBwlAe4

In part 2 - meltdown! catharsis! return to bad decisions!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

THE CARPET MERCHANT OF KONSTANTINIYYA
by Reimena Yee

Bit of a long one encompassing 4 volumes, The Carpet Merchant of Konstantiniyya was nominated for an Eisner and covers the Transformation Era of the Ottoman Empire and England during the Renaissance Era.

Spoiler Warning: Despite what the first chapter (of about 60+ pages) may lead you to believe, this is a story about vampires, although the prologue has hinted at it

Supplementary:

quote:

Volume I is set in 17th century Istanbul, in the middle age of the Ottoman Empire. The timeline of this comic is specifically 1655-1706 CE (with the majority of the story happening in 1680) which covers the reign of Mehmed IV (1648-1687) and the end of the Transformation Era of the Ottoman Empire.

The main reason why I set the story around here is because, simply, there was relatively nothing happening at the time. Mehmed IV was the longest-reigning Sultan of the Empire, and his rule signified a long period of stability. The other reason is that it is very close to the emergence of the West as a global power, which is a socio-cultural context vital for the next volume.

(slight spoiler)

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Instantly on board. I guess historical fantasy fiction is my weakness anyway.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Keen for Ottoman vampire shenanigans. I too have a critical weakness for historical fantasy.

Emzedoh posted:

Vegetables growing into sinful shapes, oh my. We'll get into what a bulb 'breaking' means later.

Bybloemen
A deal is struck.

Cast Page posted:

Joop and Jutte: A pair of potion sellers. Inventors of “Dr. Jutte’s Miracle Medicament”, what they lack in accreditation they make up for with entrepreneurial spirit. One of them is wanted for an unspecified series of crimes and the other was kicked in the head by a horse. Both were involved in hand crafting their latest miracle elixir, their most successful venture to date. In the process, they unwittingly made a deal with an actual devil, but his assistance has been less than forthcoming.

Emzedoh posted:

Shinozaki is recruited into the negotiating-with-memory-rabbits initiative. I'm sure Konpeito will be very happy to see him again.

Shinozaki's Daily Maintenance

It's nice that Yuuyake helps Shinozaki preserve what few scraps of dignity he has left.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Crange broke free from the cycle of Samsara, so he must have been a good boy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

momomomomomomo

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON CLOWN CORPS

the author states "nobody died, clowns are just dramatic"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
American Barbarian

That wraps up the introduction, things pick up considerably from here.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Looking forward to REVENGE!!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I love the idea that Marv is already so ridiculously grizzled that even Nomura Syndrome could only do so much.

Also K6BD just turned into Inside Out. I hope they end up piloting the Megazord.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
HIAGB finally giving me what I want: the violent murder of its protagonist

I don’t like the bishification of characters being called Nomura syndrome but a lot of things get blamed on Nomura, especially back then. I will say that he doesn’t set out to make male characters look cute or “super kawaii”, that’s just a complete misunderstanding of the style

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bad Machinery! This time: teenage brutality!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Van von Hunter

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

some plague rats posted:

Bad Machinery! This time: teenage brutality!

Maybe don't approach her in front of her dipshit friends, Jack?

Edit:

thetoughestbean posted:

Van von Hunter

Been kind of lukewarm on Van von Hunter, but yeah ok, I smiled at that. And the brunch callback too.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Dicebox

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dicebox seems to have become a very different comic

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Who knew the moral of HIAGB would end up being ROn Paul Kill Youre Parents/Self? Not me!

Fewer than usual today because next time we begin the final installment of The Anime Club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.