Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Has anyone done an AI babel yet, where you give the texty one a picture and ask it to describe it, then give the drawing one that description, and repeat until it's complete nonsense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

kuskus posted:

I’m prescribing you 2 pints of water, 1 ibuprofen, closed drapes, and a six hour nap. if you can, try to pet a cat within 24 hours.

:haibrow:

Now I need to find a cat.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Sleep fought a ghost.

:ohdear:

Most likely scenario tbh.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Ass-penny

yeah weren't you describing haunting symptoms on a audio recording of yourself sleeping recently? sounds like your ghost means business.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

rear end-penny posted:

yeah weren't you describing haunting symptoms on a audio recording of yourself sleeping recently? sounds like your ghost means business.

Yea, there's actually a lot going on in that recording that I can't explain lol

kuskus

sweet dreams to this thread

PS when you were a kid and enjoyed Halloween treats, did any of you take the wax lips or wax fang teeth and what was your appraisal of this treat? how about the little liquid wax bottles? What did you do with the wax?

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Are you actually supposed to eat the wax or just play with it
I think candy corn is good and if you don't that's okay I'll trade you my peanut butter candy for it

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

I've prided myself on my lack of fussiness re: food and I like it all. I don't recall ever getting wax things, must be before my time. Candy lips are cinnamon flavoured here and are delicious.

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

CAT INTERCEPTOR

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I really gotta say hi more often.

How you doing BYOB? Got any cute pets to share?

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

My baby boy

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I really gotta say hi more often.

How you doing BYOB? Got any cute pets to share?

I see your username so I'll pretend that I don't!

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Good morning BYOB! :coffee:

what's on the programme today?

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Andoman

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Good morning BYOB! :coffee:

what's on the programme today?

Todays program involves writing an Anti-Money laundering, Counter-Terrorist financing and Counter-Proliferation financing policy. Obviously instead of doing this I am scrolling through BYOB!!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

more falafel please posted:

hello byob i'm here in beautiful and rainy san francisco

some friends of mine are in sf right now, at gdc

one of them is very tall, and dark, with an english accent, if you are anywhere in sf you will easily see him from a distance

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Manifisto

Andoman posted:

Todays program involves writing an Anti-Money laundering, Counter-Terrorist financing and Counter-Proliferation financing policy. Obviously instead of doing this I am scrolling through BYOB!!

policy:

1. no money laundering
2. no terrorist financing
3. mandatory weed breaks for staff every three hours
4. no proliferation financing

you're welcome!

ty nesamdoom!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Manifisto posted:

policy:

1. no money laundering

you're welcome!

They used to say one couldn't bring hope nor prosperity to Wales. But the rules have changed.

With this BYOB policy Wales will say "yes, we can!" and knock out all the established corruption holding the people down. We did it, BYOB! We did it!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

cruft

kuskus posted:

PS when you were a kid and enjoyed Halloween treats, did any of you take the wax lips or wax fang teeth and what was your appraisal of this treat? how about the little liquid wax bottles? What did you do with the wax?

You chew it like gum. This doesn't work well if you have allergies because as soon as you open your mouth the temperature of the wax rises and it solidifies, then immediately disentigrates, leaving tons of little wax globs all over your mouth.

e: removed incorrect historical story I was told when I was young.

cruft fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 22, 2023

Manifisto

kuskus posted:

personally I thought wax "candies" were a cruel prank on children, including the wax bottles. what I did was regret not throwing the entire wax bottle, and potentially the person who gave it to me, into a fire.

also I was semi-convinced the little bits of paper that stuck to the back of the colored dots/buttons were going to do something bad to me. I'm still not entirely sure and am waiting nervously :ohdear:.

ty nesamdoom!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Seriously, many of the UK's problems would be solved with mandatory weed breaks for staff every three hours.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Andoman

Manifisto posted:

policy:

1. no money laundering

you're welcome!

You are not a million miles off what it says - just took me 80 pages longer to say it

Andoman

Saoshyant posted:

They used to say one couldn't bring hope nor prosperity to Wales. But the rules have changed.

With this BYOB policy Wales will say "yes, we can!" and knock out all the established corruption holding the people down. We did it, BYOB! We did it!

Well done BYOB!!!

Manifisto

Andoman posted:

You are not a million miles off what it says - just took me 80 pages longer to say it

I too would put the weed breaks on p. 79 in the hopes that someone would implement the thing wholesale without reading it too closely. good job!

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

Hello byob today I had two slices of bread and I found some old but still good yogurt, it may not be much but this is a highlight today imo!!

Goons Are Gifts

I was thinking about how intelligent sentient yogurt took over the world by conquering Ohio in love death and robot and that short story it came from and now I'm wondering if I am decimating a sentient life form that was destined to do exactly that until I came across

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm looking to resume my career as a magician after taking a break for 1000000 years, as is the wizard way, and i'm trying to find local magicians to team up with or battle against. the most famous local magician, Mr Magic, passed away in 2021. however, i just found Mr Twist-It, who is a balloon modeller and I bet he does magic too. HOWEVER... he does look a LOT like Jack, of Jacks Meaty "REAL GOOD" fame???

cruft

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm looking to resume my career as a magician

Phinneas Q. Honked, PhD.

Goons Are Gifts

Becoming a magician sounds like one of the most byob jobs imaginable and personally I would die while supporting you at that because it's the best

Goons Are Gifts

Oh my God yes this WAS my card!!!

Finger Prince

No magic can compare to the magic of posting.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
posting is true magic, and posts are the real treasure

big black turnout

i thought the real treasure was the friends we made along the way. if my posts are the treasure then im gettin a raw deal

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

big black turnout posted:

if my posts are the treasure then im gettin a raw deal

Don't worry we'll get an alchemist.

B33rChiller

Andoman posted:

The little quirk of dodgy money in the UK that I learned not too far back is that Scottish Limited Partnerships only require a single beneficial owner to be registered. (Or did. Maybe that's had some attention)
KYC hot tip: look a little closer at any SLP you do business with.

I don't have anything to do with money at work, I just have an interest in it.
For anyone else with a passing interest, the dark money files podcast is quite good.
https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/242645.rss

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 22, 2023

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I think that policy could be shortened even further.
1. No financing.
2. Weed.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

roomforthetuna posted:

I think that policy could be shortened even further.
1. No financing.
2. Weed.

money is fake - weed is real

keep it real

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Hello yob. It was foggy this morning so Kacie and I went down to the Kansas River and walked under the trains.

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Those are bangers bub

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Thank you ❤️

It was a great morning.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Bingo Bango has been having a lovely few days so I've been making her some little drawings to cheer her up. Here are the Star Wars drawings of Bingo Bango:

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

MAP20 Gotcha!

You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like One Million Robux
Hello BYOB...!! Doing a quick latenite check in... peace & love to you all. I've been trying to lurk more @ work and get my posting wheels turning; I'm shy but I still like to keep up if I can remember to. It's so nice even on the awful app to get hit with this subforum's color scheme (even better because it immediately lets me force the byob color scheme everywhere else).

I really like this one!!

c:Saoshyant, deep dish peat moss (Guardian of Transportation)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Viginti Septem posted:

Thank you ❤️

It was a great morning.

:unsmith: great pics and glad you and Kacie had a good morning, please tell her i said hi!

How Wonderful! posted:

Bingo Bango has been having a lovely few days so I've been making her some little drawings to cheer her up. Here are the Star Wars drawings of Bingo Bango:

these are great and i hope she is feeling better soon! sending good thoughts to you both!!

MAP20 Gotcha! posted:

Hello BYOB...!! Doing a quick latenite check in... peace & love to you all. I've been trying to lurk more @ work and get my posting wheels turning; I'm shy but I still like to keep up if I can remember to. It's so nice even on the awful app to get hit with this subforum's color scheme (even better because it immediately lets me force the byob color scheme everywhere else).

I really like this one!!

glad to have you posting with us pal! and agreed, the BYOB colours always make things more chill and nice!