Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Koopa Kid posted:

Jack Han (who was a video scout for the Leafs at the time) confirmed in a post today that Dubas’ target in the 2018 draft was K’Andre Miller until the Rangers traded up to get him and I will continue to be upset about that for a very long time
The Sharks drafted Ryan Merkley with the pick just prior. Fucken disaster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cool how the Blackhawks will cover for a homosexual rapist because it would be embarrassing for the organization, but won't support pride and positivity.

And by cool I mean awful.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

starting to think it might be "the system"

O'Conner probably isn't very good. But also all of those players have spent huge amounts of time with Jeff Carter and also yes system AND a huge part of last year and the 'system' in general is capable defense that provides offense and oh we gutted that this offseason soooooooooooooooo hell yes.

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Curious how many teams didn't announce a pride night in the first place.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Thanks Blackhawks for having concern about the feelings of a nation that's in the middle of a genocide, sure don't want to offend them and their high moral standards.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Stars just had their pride night and Evgeni Dadonov wore the jersey, no mention of any "legal problems" for him back home in Russia

It's complete bullshit lol. They are making it up out of whole cloth to pretend to have a reason to not do the pride night outside of "our players are bigots"

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
The chicago security team made the call? get the gently caress out of here lol. yes the KGB is gonna come kill the player if he wears a rainbow

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

News: Connor McDavid has more goals than half of Arizona's roster tonight combined. Edmonton's first powerplay unit has more points(432 combined) than Arizona's entire 20 man line-up(430 combined)
Views: gently caress the NHL/Oilers for scheduling home games at 8:30pm. The Maple leafs only had 4 home games start past 7pm, and those started at 7:30. They only had 8 away games start at 7:30pm or later.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

clean ayers act posted:

The chicago security team made the call? get the gently caress out of here lol. yes the KGB is gonna come kill the player if he wears a rainbow

facts this is like the goofiest excuse imaginable from Chicago. Amateur poo poo. Clown poo poo.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Sharks, who had a dunce not wear the jersey for spurious and dogshit reasons, have two Russian players who wore the jersey on that same night. clown poo poo from Chicago! who woulda guessed.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kurashev plays for the loving swiss team so who else is living in dread fear of russian repercussion apart from that piece of poo poo Zaitsev

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Powershift posted:

News: Connor McDavid has more goals than half of Arizona's roster tonight combined. Edmonton's first powerplay unit has more points(432 combined) than Arizona's entire 20 man line-up(430 combined)
Views: gently caress the NHL/Oilers for scheduling home games at 8:30pm. The Maple leafs only had 4 home games start past 7pm, and those started at 7:30. They only had 8 away games start at 7:30pm or later.

So the yotes are getting a shutout tonight?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

Lol the Oilers didn't choose to drop the puck at 1050pm eastern. That's to serve the American cable gods

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
At this point, what teams have had a pride night without controversy? Either a bible thumper or russian have derailed every attempt I've seen

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Island Nation posted:

At this point, what teams have had a pride night without controversy? Either a bible thumper or russian have derailed every attempt I've seen

I think there's a couple more Saturday so let's see who else can eat poo poo!

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I’m coming out of lurking to say, as a Chicagoan, gently caress the Blackhawks. REALLY thought they were done with this coward bullshit

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Island Nation posted:

loving Dallas managed it. gently caress the flyers for opening the gates on this hateful bullshit.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Kraken just had theirs without issue, though I think if they cancelled theirs they would be torpedoing any and all goodwill they've made so far in the city.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Island Nation posted:

The pens

Because Burkie would shitcan anyone trying to kick up a fuss

terrible hockey mind but a good human

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

From Mark Lazarus/Athletic here's what's still to come.

quote:

Panthers, March 23: Florida has held previous Pride nights, and players have used rainbow stick tape and worn Pride jerseys. No details for 2023 were available.

Oilers, March 25: The Oilers will not be wearing Pride jerseys in warmups. They never have, per The Athletic’s Daniel Nugent-Bowman.

Blackhawks, March 26: The Blackhawks will not wear Pride jerseys after previously announcing they would

Sabres, March 27: Buffalo’s night will “feature activations throughout the game celebrating acceptance in the sport.” The website did not mention the team’s Pride jersey plans; it did, however, mention “special warmup jerseys” for St. Patrick’s Day on March 17, and the team has worn Pride warmups in the past.

Canucks, March 31: Vancouver has held Pride nights with special jersey designs for several seasons. Their website mentions no plan to wear one on March 31, and no design has been publicly shared.

Blues, April 4: Their website mentions no plan for warmup jerseys, which they wore in 2022. Fans will receive a Pride bag.

Maple Leafs, April 4: No details were available. Last April, players wore Pride-themed T-shirts to a game that were later auctioned to benefit a local charity. They did not and have not worn warmup jerseys.

Jets, April 5: No details were available. Players have worn themed warmup jerseys in the past.

Canadiens, April 6: Montreal is hosting LGBTQ+ Night. Players have worn Pride jerseys during warmups in the past.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I used to give Dallas so much poo poo for being literally the only team one year not to make even a twitter post in support of Pride or Hockey is for Everyone, they used to have the worst track record out of any team on these subject matters. Blows me away they had a pride night go off without a hitch yesterday night and all the players including Jamie loving Benn of all people vocally supported it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If only Don Cherry were still around to lambaste the Hawks for letting Russian terrorist bullies win.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

eXXon posted:

If only Don Cherry were still around to lambaste the Hawks for letting Russian terrorist bullies win.

did his podcast finally die

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I would like to also proclaim that the NHL is a bad league

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Jack Han (who was a video scout for the Leafs at the time) confirmed in a post today that Dubas’ target in the 2018 draft was K’Andre Miller until the Rangers traded up to get him and I will continue to be upset about that for a very long time

Oh gently caress off

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I hate the nhl

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

did his podcast finally die

Can you order VHS Rock 'em Sock 'em tapes from Netflix now? Otherwise I don't understand the question.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Koopa Kid posted:

https://youtu.be/5asSo5XWtzc

:owned:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man that amazing goal from one year ago sure would have hit the spot in their recent 7-2 loss

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The Wild CAN be good. But will they be? This is the question that consumes the mind of everyone who watches sports in Minnesota. Hypothetically they should be able to beat the pants off of most of the rest of their schedule.

But the rule of Minnesota sports is "Trust, but verify", and we ain't had poo poo verified in thirty goddamn years. Come on, you jackasses. You hosed up the pride night and pissed away a lot of good will, including mine. I don't care what the cap looks like with those buyouts going on, we all only have so many years on this bitch of an earth. Let's see you accomplish something.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Man that amazing goal from one year ago sure would have hit the spot in their recent 7-2 loss

He had 2G and 2A in one period the other night. That might help?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Penguins are back. Two Jeff Carter goals. Gonna ride that wave baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

From Mark Lazarus/Athletic here's what's still to come.

The Sabres were already selling Pride merch in the store at the arena when I was there yesterday, so I am hoping that they will do warm-up jerseys. I am bracing myself for someone on the team to come out as a homophobic rear end in a top hat though.