Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Extra 0 on that link

For new page:

CCKeane posted:

I think it's good that a lot of people are volunteering to be resources, does anybody have any ideas for establishing duties or responsibilities if somebody says something? I think that could be helpful to give some direction on escalation, etc.

But, also, honestly, the more I think about it I kind of feel like "Going to a moderator/admin outside of the mafia community" is where I keep coming back to as a good policy? I think that inherently prevents cliques/insular behaviors that could result in a variety of anti social outcomes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I guess I'm at:

-Let players know a handful of in community people they can check in with.

As a member of the community:

-If contacted, talk with the person and direct them to admins/moderators to contact?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You want someone with familiarity within a community so people will talk to them without the clique stuff. Not easy to find.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ASAPRockySituation posted:

You want someone with familiarity within a community so people will talk to them without the clique stuff. Not easy to find.

GulagDolls could do it, but alas, he ascended from us

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

2 IKs and then me as the secret Shadow King running things in the background

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

GulagDolls could do it, but alas, he ascended from us

Gulag is part of the Fronz cult, alas.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
One thing which might? be helpful as a resource is a discussion of good and bad behaviour which may not be technically against rules but is frowned upon.

eg don’t case people for being online and not posting because
- we all have lives and it’s healthy to have boundaries
- kind of stalkerish

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

it's always been insane to do that as an in-the-moment thing but if you're heavy lurking the light of justice is real

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gulagdolls is the funniest person to ever live

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Snooze Cruise posted:

its true

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

birdstrike posted:

One thing which might? be helpful as a resource is a discussion of good and bad behaviour which may not be technically against rules but is frowned upon.

- kind of stalkerish

It’s called The Forbidden Technique for a reason

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
drat, I missed a lot

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

drat, I missed a lot

your real prize for winning survivor

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

miss dat gulag

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

birdstrike posted:

- kind of stalkerish

This would always annoy me yeah i cosign

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Truthfully idk if we need an IK but I think Ecco was a great mafia leader back in the day and would be a great one now

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
taste graciously invited me back to the mafia community but im sad to report that im incredibly normal now and get paid a lot of money to be an important person who materially improves lives and is universally beloved in my irl life so i may not have enough time to pretend im a misanthropic moron who doesnt use capital letters

glad to know that yall got rid of some of the racists and sex pests (i.e. my posting enemies) from before, solid work.

also give ecco the star even though its a completely meaningless title and will only inevitably lead to corrupting power it would make them happy and they deserve it for being way too into mafia and also theyre a good person (i am detecting this with my really strong detecting skills)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

literally havent looked at my avatar in years and now im remembering its from when i made an anti ecco.raven that made them really mad so theyre the exact type of petty to be a great/terrible ik

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

🥕

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

There were racists here? drat I missed a whole lot then

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ASAPRockySituation posted:

There were racists here? drat I missed a whole lot then

You can just say anything about the vague group of people who were “kicked out”

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I’m glad we got rid of all the people running a dog fighting ring btw, haven’t seen much mention of how we got rid of those guys.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 23, 2023

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
It feels like there's a lot of effort over the last few pages to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Leperflesh, how often do reports come in from mafia games?

I used to play here a lot and I don’t remember more than 3 probes over a course of years and one was because a non participant was spamming the thread. This was during harsher moderation times, too.

I like that we are decentralizing power across the forums in a tacit acknowledgment that the community has many small communities that have their own cultural mores, but this forum seems quiet to me?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Who the hell are these people

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah we don't get reports. Podima proactively paid attention to threads in TGR and maybe issued a sixer here or there so "no reports" can't be absolutely assumed to mean no problems: and after what happened with Podima, I am currently in the mindset that it's better to go out and talk to people and see if there's problems than it is to just assume silence means all is well.

I poked my nose in here today basically just to connect with this community and ask if safety tools are a good idea and learn what's up and that seems to have sparked some good conversation. I'll help keep things chill in whatever way makes that work though and if that means the status quo is fine that's also OK!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

My Second Re-Reg posted:

It feels like there's a lot of effort over the last few pages to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

we solved it by kicking out your first re-reg

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

birdstrike posted:

we solved it by kicking out your first re-reg

But nobody got my original reg!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Who the hell are these people

Hey whats up man

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Crisis actors

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Diqnol posted:

Hey whats up man

Well well well

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
There sure are a lot of people posting that I haven't seen in a very long time!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

got some chores tonight posted:

taste graciously invited me back to the mafia community but im sad to report that im incredibly normal now and get paid a lot of money to be an important person who materially improves lives and is universally beloved in my irl life so i may not have enough time to pretend im a misanthropic moron who doesnt use capital letters

glad to know that yall got rid of some of the racists and sex pests (i.e. my posting enemies) from before, solid work.

also give ecco the star even though its a completely meaningless title and will only inevitably lead to corrupting power it would make them happy and they deserve it for being way too into mafia and also theyre a good person (i am detecting this with my really strong detecting skills)

Sorry about your relegation to E rundle

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
is leperflesh gone yet, I wanna discuss the Jemery Memorial Sex Camp Mafia Series

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I used to play mafia because I had unmedicated ADHD and it relieved my symptoms a bit - but I'd also lurk a lot because life got hectic often

Howdy y'all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

S’up bromore. Every time I have to suffer through another game with hambeet I always wonder what happened to the good Australians

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hal Insandenza posted:

S’up bromore. Every time I have to suffer through another game with hambeet I always wonder what happened to the good Australians

They move to [Australia's rival country...Canada???IDK].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

They move to [Australia's rival country...Canada???IDK].

New Zealand