Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Hijo del Vikingo

I do not fear the police at all.

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Stu Grayson, Dynamite 3/22

Put em on the board

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hook vs. Stoke, great comedy btw

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. El Hijo del Vikingo - AEW Dynamite 3/22

Yeah this is now my #2 match of the year behind the Iron Man. I'm incredibly tempted to put it at #1 because I've never yelled at my TV and jumped out of my chair like that for a TV match like that before.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
The downside of Kenny/Vikingo was that it was less a match and more a showcase for Vikingo. I'm sure the match they have in Mexico will be much better.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Nth I have transcended

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 3/22

HM: Stu Grayson vs. Jon Moxley
HM: Stokely Hathaway vs. HOOK
HM: Toni Storm vs. Skye Blue
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. El Hijo del Vikingo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dango Bango posted:

Nth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LionYeti posted:

Moty 3/22 AEW Dynamite

Motyc Kenny Omega vs El Hijo de Vikingo

The best match I've seen on free television in a very long time

Holy poo poo @ this match

Nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
3/22 AEW DYNAMITE

HM: Sting, Orange Cassidy and Darby Allin vs The Butcher, The Blade and Kip Sabian
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs El Hijo Del Vikingo

I know everyone loved the main event but are people forgetting that opener???

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I also want to throw out the following HMs for the matches being so. much. fun.

HM: Sting, Darby Allin, & OC vs. Butcher, Blade, and Kip Sabian - AEW Dynamite 3/22
HM: Stokely Hathaway vs. HOOK - AEW Dynamite 3/22

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

MassRafTer posted:

3/22 AEW DYNAMITE

HM: Sting, Orange Cassidy and Darby Allin vs The Butcher, The Blade and Kip Sabian
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs El Hijo Del Vikingo

I know everyone loved the main event but are people forgetting that opener???

It was forgettable.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 3/22

rack em

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stall_19 posted:

It was forgettable.

Maybe if you live a life without joy.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1638696292841840641

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

I also want to throw out the following HMs for the matches being so. much. fun.

HM: Sting, Darby Allin, & OC vs. Butcher, Blade, and Kip Sabian - AEW Dynamite 3/22

and this one too, it was super fun

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

AEW Dynamite 3/22
MOTYC: Stokely Hathaway vs. HOOK

What a great episode of Dynamite

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dango Bango posted:

I went to the show with 3 people who had never seen Vikingo before and spent the entire match going " holy poo poo this guy is awesome"

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

HM
21st March
All Japan Dream Power Series Night 4
Atsuki Aoyagi vs Dan Tamura
Watch this here

Possibly the best singles match of Dan's career?

MOTYC
21st March
All Japan (Kento Miyahara, Ryo Inoue & Yuma Anzai) vs NOAH (Kinya Okada, Masa Kitamiya & Yoshiki Inamura)
Watch this here

All Japan continues to use NOAH younger guys better than NOAH, by an order of magnitude. There was some nice symmetry here, Kento & Kitamiya had their history together from Kensuke Office days, Kinya & Ryo are your kick boys, & Inamura & Anzai are your nice strong heavyweights. It's great, this is how interpromotional stuff should be done.

MOTYC
21st March
AJPW Tag Team Titles
Naoya Nomura vs Yuma Aoyagi(c) vs Kongo (Kenoh & Manabu Soya)
Watch this here

Match of the night. If you watch nothing else from this show, watch this (but also, watch Dan & Atsuki and the NOAH/AJPW tag). Kenoh & Yuma instantly have amazingly good chemistry, Kenoh is Kenoh, the best character in wrestling. I need to watch this back to decide if I go the full ***** on this or not.

HM
21st March
Triple Crown Title
Yuji Nagata(c) vs Shuji Ishikawa
Watch this here

My main takeaway here is this really made me even more impressed with Kento for his match with Nagata, because here he kind of looked his age, & so did the Big Dog. So they made up for what they lacked in stamina in just throwing huge bombs & taking big bumps that guys their age probably shouldn't be taking. It's a good match, it's just not a Kento match, & he's the gold standard for a Triple Crown holder.

Nth to these, All Japan rules (Voodoo Murders excluded) and deserves more love, the main event could have even been a MOTYC if it went 5 or so minutes less. You warned me that being an Ashino fan was pain when I started watching a couple of years ago. I wish i'd listened but the dude is so drat cool and him gutwrenching KONO was awesome, it's a shame his stable are jobbers :(

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

HM: Mox vs. Grayson
MOTY: Omega vs. Vikingo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sting living his absolute best life brings me much joy and i will nth the HM for sting/darby/orange vs b&b&kip

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
10th March
Marvelous In Tokyo (god i wish they'd name their shows)
Maria vs Riko Kawahata
Watch the match

Magenta are a pairing of 2 of the best young talent on the joshi scene at the mo, & here they EXPLODE. Or at least wrestle a singles match with each other. Maria is the home grown Marvelous gal, Riko is a Yumiko Hotta trainee, they are a great pairing & just as good squaring off. Riko was my Most Improved vote last year.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

jesus WEP posted:

sting living his absolute best life brings me much joy and i will nth the HM for sting/darby/orange vs b&b&kip

Yeah I’ll nth

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW Dynamite 3/22

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Orange Cassidy/Darby Allin/Sting vs. Kip Sabien/The Butcher and the Blade, AEW Dynamite, 22/03
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Stu Grayson, AEW Dynamite, 22/03
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. El Hijo Del Vikingo, AEW Dynamite, 22/03

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

They don't need my nominations but I'm gonna make 'em anyway!

HM: Darby Allin, Orange Cassidy & Sting vs. Kip Sabian & The Butcher and the Blade - AEW Dynamite 3/22
God bless Sting, that amazing old man. :allears:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. El Hijo del Vikingo - AEW Dynamite - AEW Dynamite 3/22
Got this subtle vibe from the match that Vikingo is pretty okay maybe!

I'm not nominating HOOK vs. Stokely but I had a good time watching it, I absolutely adore the dynamic going on with Hardy/Ego/Isiah and Stokely.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'm not nominating HOOK vs. Stokely but I had a good time watching it, I absolutely adore the dynamic going on with Hardy/Ego/Isiah and Stokely.

I am in love with Matt Hardy’s shiteating grin every time something bad happens to Stokely

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Not that it needs it at this point but

AEW Dynamite 22.3.2023:
MOTYC: El Hijo Del Vikingo vs. Kenny Omega

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Ace Austin & Chris Bey vs. Kevin Knight & KUSHIDA, Impact 2/2
HM: Chris Bey vs. KUSHIDA, Impact 2/16

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I know these votes are superfluous but what the heck.

All from Revolution.

HM: Jericho vs Starks

Man did I not care about this match going in, even though Starks is one of my favourites. Jericho did everything he could to put Starks over here. I haven't really been sold on Starks as a face because he was such a high quality midcard heel. I love Taz coaching his ex Team Taz guys on commentary. The best Jericho match I've seen since Andretti and the Arena Anarchy. There was so much to enjoy in this match, it definitely needs to be seen.

HM: Christian vs Jungle Boy.

This feud has been going on far too long but they've both done such a great job of making it seem like they legitimately hate eachother. Christian is one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time. He was fantastic as an face wanting a title run, he was fantastic as an old guy mentor, he was fantastic as Luchasaurus manager, and he was fantastic in this. I'm glad this made it to PPV but it would have also been right at home headlining a special Dynamite. Jungle Boy may have put the ghost of Christian to bed, but he had to do some things that a Jungle Boy shouldn't have to do. Look forward to Jungle Boy struggling with his conscience.

MOTYC: The Elite vs House of Black

The Trios title needed this. As much as I loved Elite v Death Triangle, it was very refreshing to see a new match. Best part of the match was The Young Bucks getting repeatedly flattened by Brody and Kenny getting the hot tag.

MOTYC: Hanger vs Mox

I didn't expect a one off Dynamite match back in October to lead to this. I've been looking forward for these two clashing since pandemic era Dynamites and when it happened we were all worried about the injury Hanger suffered. They've done a good job of booking this as an ever escalating rivalry, with each match getting more violent. AEW's two most important wrestlers wrestling an amazing match. That blade job from hanger when Mox got him with the fork. Top 5 AEW match ever.

WMOTYC: Wardlow vs Samoa Joe

This was a big nothing match. It was very basic and not terrible, but I'm giving it a WMOTYC because Wardlow is one of my favourite AEW guys and Joe is one of my all time favourites. Squandered potential. Keep these two far away from each other in future.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Nth :asoiaf:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: MCMG vs. Jonathan Gresham & Mike Bailey, Impact 2/23

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
11th March
Big Japan In Korakuen
Big Japan Strong Heavyweight World Title
Yuji Okabayashi(c) vs So Daimonji
Watch this

This is terrific

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Honor Club 3/23

HM: Mark Briscoe vs. Tony Nese
HM: Skye Blue vs. Lady Frost
HM: La Faccion Ingobernable (Rush & Dralistico) vs. Rhett Titus & "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams
MOTYC: Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) vs. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Crazzy Steve vs. Trey Miguel, Impact 2/23
HM: Ace Austin, Chris Bey & KENTA vs. Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA, No Surrender, 2/24

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
ROH Honor Club 23/3

HM: Aussie Open vs Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Don Fujii & Shuji Kondo vs. Kzy & Yoshiki Kato, Dragongate's Open the New Year Gate, 1/11

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
19th March
New Japan Cup Night 10
New Japan Cup Semi-Final
Mark Davis vs SANADA
Watch this here

Mark Davis was kind of a revelation this Cup. Sure, Finlay & SANADA were good, but this was really the first Davis singles matches I've seen & he was good.

MOTYC
21st March
New Japan Cup Night 11
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title
Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs Lio Rush
Watch this here

Hot drat that was some good poo poo. I'm glad that Rush is over in Japan, I really think the crowd wanted him to win here. Me too.

HM
21st March
New Japan Cup Night 11
New Japan Cup Final
David Finlay vs SANADA
Watch this here

HM
15th March
Marvelous In Tokyo
Maria vs Riko Kawahata vs Takumi Iroha
Watch this here

Iroha is the Queen of Marvelous & she's come back from injury to remind anyone of this. Magenta are a great young tag team & both members want a chance to take down the Queen. Eventually this almost turns to a 2 vs 1 handicap match as Riko stretches the rope away when Maria is trying to sub Iroha, for example. It's real good.

MOTYC
15th March
Marvelous In Tokyo
Chihiro Hashimoto vs Mio Momono
Watch this here

Chihiro Hashimoto is the best. Big Hash is just the monster is joshi today. Mio is not a monster, she's 4'11 & officially is 114lbs. They had some great matches together in 2021 in the run-up & after-math of the big GAEAism show. I think I liked this more than their 11th July '21 match from Sendai Girls, which is saying something.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MOTYC: "Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Jonathan Gresham
HM: Deonna Purrazzo vs. Gisele Shaw
HM: Time Machine vs. Rich Swann, Frankie Kazarian, and Steve Maclin

All from Impact Wrestling Sacrifice, 3/24

(for the record, I would have gave Tommy Dreamer/Bully Ray a Dishonorable Mention if such a thing existed)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Purple Monkey posted:

ROH Honor Club 23/3

HM: Aussie Open vs Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

Nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
15th March
Marvelous In Tokyo
Chihiro Hashimoto vs Mio Momono
Watch this here

Chihiro Hashimoto is the best. Big Hash is just the monster is joshi today. Mio is not a monster, she's 4'11 & officially is 114lbs. They had some great matches together in 2021 in the run-up & after-math of the big GAEAism show. I think I liked this more than their 11th July '21 match from Sendai Girls, which is saying something.

Yep, nth. Hash vs Mio was always going to be fantastic, probably my favourite moment was Mio attempting the counter the deadlift German with an ankle pick, only for Chihiro to calmly grab Mio's wrists and bend her backward with a straightjacket crossface