Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Can't wait till Elon announces he's made the Stonetoss guy head of twitter PR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm going to become half man, half solar panel, and then die

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Hammerite posted:

it's political correctness gone mad, Stew. you can't even write racial abuse in excrement on somebody's car any more

Actually just writing "POO" with poo would be pretty funny.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

why doesn’t elmo just build a dyson sphere around the sun and run a cable to earth that plugs into a huge light that points at a solar panel that charges a cyber truck?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Buce posted:

why doesn’t elmo just build a dyson sphere around the sun and run a cable to earth that plugs into a huge light that points at a solar panel that charges a cyber truck?

Looking into it.

We'll have a man on the Sun within 10 years.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Songbearer posted:

More power to mine whatever shitcoin you believe Elon is gonna use for Tesla's in-car purchases of Twitter emoji packs

I wonder what 🤣 sounds like

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

meat police posted:

Can't wait for the Elon Musk AI and ChatGPT5 merge to together like in Deus Ex and find the quantum n-word

Laputan machine, laputan machine!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Initially it just sounds like a fart but then you can hear the poop come out and the panicked crying

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Nameless Pete posted:

Multiple people in that thread asking for a wind turbine generator that charges as you drive.

That sounds unsightly, what about a fifth wheel that runs along the road and generates electricity from the motion?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Kazzah posted:

That sounds unsightly, what about a fifth wheel that runs along the road and generates electricity from the motion?

Does it count as geothermal when the lithium catches fire?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Nameless Pete posted:

Multiple people in that thread asking for a wind turbine generator that charges as you drive.

Infinite Energy is possible we just need a genius inventor of Elon's caliber to figure it out.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Since Tesla trunks do not deflect water and leak, surely they could simply install some sort of water-wheel based hydroelectric generator in there too

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

biznatchio posted:

A solar panel that size would probably generate 800W-900W in ideal conditions. So let's give it the benefit of the doubt and assume it's going to get maximum sunlight at all times.

The non-existent Cybertruck's battery is purported to be 200kWh with an imaginary range of 465 miles. So you're looking at 225-250 hours of sunlight for a full charge; or a charging rate of around 2 miles of range gained per hour. And if this idiotic device actually existed in the real world, the solar panel's probably generating half that much power, so double the charging time and halve the miles-gained-per-hour number.

I'm sure Elno will sell you one as an option for $69,420.

To take this a step further, on the best of days, maximum sunlight occurs for 6 or seven hours. On great days, a 400w panel on my roof produces 1.8kwh/day. I suspect that will be enough to drive a cybertruck 1 mile. They're 76"x40" so I agree you might fit 2 panels. So 2 miles of charge/day?

But now you used up the bed space so why did you buy a truck?

Edit: LOL Cybertruck was announced in 2019 and not ready until 2024. Weren't we going to get to Mars in 5 years?

Warm und Fuzzy fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Mar 23, 2023

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1638728403858898944?cxt=HHwWgIDStaGz970tAAAA

You could have, y'know, just not commented on this old video at all, but then again Musk will Musk.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
*sitting on top of a giant pile of wealth hoarded over generations enslaving* I heard some people think I should be killed, just because I'm white. That's a super messed up things to say.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

But now you used up the bed space so why did you buy a truck?

To own the libs of course.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The real big brains will fill that bed with a generator and a fuel tank.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Elon is that you? The phrase"statistically significant random sample" is word salad. But will leave that aside for now. Analyze how? Do we want the model to predict the users race? Variables? Are we going to take their profile pic assume it's them and take a skin swatch to lineup against our database of racial groups and skin tone colorations? Hold on, let me hop over to the Journal of old Timey racism and see if they open sourced their data. drat, turns out even they admit race is a social construct and it's impossible to train a model to identify race because the concept is so loving nebulous the best you can get is grandpa saying "I know a BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEP when I see one."? i'm as much of a fan of machine learning as the next guy, but BasedAI is not going to be able to tell whether you're a dirty white boy from your tweeetz.

A random sample that is large enough is statistically significant. This is how public polls are conducted. You wouldn't have some AI model do it (or maybe today you would, I don't know), but have the actual researchers take a sample size of, I don't know, a thousand tweets with slurs and look through them to determine whether they are hate speech or not. And then when that study is done it can be scrutinised for bias and so on. Like I said I do not trust either Musk or twitter on this, so please, just because I'm saying it would be possible to do do not jump on me accusing me of being an Elon stan, it's loving embarassing.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Just completely unable to understand or perform comedy
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1638835835146747904

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
lol wymen

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol he spent $44Billion to make twitter a safe space for his truly awful comedy attempts

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Piell posted:

This is incredible on so many levels

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ratjaculation posted:

Since Tesla trunks do not deflect water and leak, surely they could simply install some sort of water-wheel based hydroelectric generator in there too

Thrust via water wheel rotation

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

YF-23 posted:

A random sample that is large enough is statistically significant. This is how public polls are conducted. You wouldn't have some AI model do it (or maybe today you would, I don't know), but have the actual researchers take a sample size of, I don't know, a thousand tweets with slurs and look through them to determine whether they are hate speech or not. And then when that study is done it can be scrutinised for bias and so on. Like I said I do not trust either Musk or twitter on this, so please, just because I'm saying it would be possible to do do not jump on me accusing me of being an Elon stan, it's loving embarassing.

No worries I wasn't trying to lay in to you. And I definitely wouldn't call anyone in this thread an Elon Stan. Thems Fightin words :clint:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

mdxi posted:

Early on in Tesla's ascent to popularity, people asked over and over for a solar Tesla, and the answer from Tesla was always the same: No, that makes no sense, you can't charge this car with its surface area worth of solar panels.

But that was the Tesla of long ago, so yeah I won't be surprised when Full Solar Body comes as an option for the dumb-as-gently caress-truck.

I'd love a small solar panel on the roof of my car to run a fan on hot days to blow out hot air. Maybe to also charge the 12V battery a (very) little.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is incredible on so many levels

That's what she said! 🤣🤣🤣

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

code:

Function joke.write (x) {
rm(x)
Joke <- sample(x = catchphrases, size = 1)
Return(joke)
}
Example:
joke.write(x = "republicans are getting better at comedy and it's making Democrats nervous")
code:
 wubbalubbadub dub!
Is there anything this man can't do?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Things I could be doing with $44 billion:

1) making myself even richer by smart investing those funds
2) using that money to make important social-economic changes to help my fellow humans and the planet
3) attempting random "that's what she said" jokes in 2023 that are so misguided they don't fit any context, funny or ironic otherwise

Option 3 sounds like a clear winner and so history has been made.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ahahahahaha it's like those cartoons where a package the size of a soda can flips out into a million little pieces to form a giant robot. Or like, the Iron Man suit or something, one of those CGI "body armor" transition animations where it all just magically folds out of hammerspace

This has got to be a gag. Not even Elon could cajole some mockup department at Tesla to make this with a straight face

Nameless Pete posted:

Hey you know what, you could attach generators inline with the wheels, and create energy as you drive!

-- me, age 11

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Saoshyant posted:

Things I could be doing with $44 billion:

1) making myself even richer by smart investing those funds
2) using that money to make important social-economic changes to help my fellow humans and the planet
3) attempting random "that's what she said" jokes in 2023 that are so misguided they don't fit any context, funny or ironic otherwise

Option 3 sounds like a clear winner and so history has been made.

Hey, that got nearly 6000 likes! That's only about $700,000 per like, and what would that buy you in this economy?

edit: poo poo, 7000 likes now! What a bargain!

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 23, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

That one at least kinda works.

Even when trying to intentionally fail at humor, goons are better comedians than Elon

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Piell posted:

Weaponized cringe on a "should be illegal internationally" level.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Saoshyant posted:

This is a million times funnier and more relevant than what Elon did :golfclap:

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
He's on a Pierce level of joke writing, but in a sad room by himself. https://youtu.be/It3PyrRPXk8

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

If Tesla ever make these and they're much like in this video, many of the solar panels on Teslas parked in public spaces will be sawed off or prised off by thieves and sold.

It would quickly become as big a criminal industry as catalytic converter "recycling",

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
I didn't think it was possible to gently caress that joke up. Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Mindless posted:

I didn't think it was possible to gently caress that joke up. Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

That's what he said

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

DeeplyConcerned posted:

That's what he said

Seth Pecksniff posted:

This is a million times funnier and more relevant than what Elon did :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Piell posted:

This is like Borat learning how to do "that's a nice shirt...NOT!" jokes.