Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I think it's a bug where if you kill YWTGBH between the first and second cutscene, the second one never happens so you have to kill the adds 4 times so their passive kills them (since that cutscene is what disables the revival gimmick).

Yup, this happened to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I’m mostly wondering… what triggers the first cutscene? Do you have to kill all three once?

Also, what’s a good way to read Demian? My local library seems to not have a single copy in the whole district.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Internet Archive has it: https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.463033/mode/2up

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

AweStriker posted:

I’m mostly wondering… what triggers the first cutscene? Do you have to kill all three once?

Just killing the main one, afaik. You'll probably kill the other two along the way through clashing, but still.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Game's up! Event involves spending 1600 Enkephalin by April 6th, which should be pretty easy. NEET Faust banner not up yet, it looks like.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Jossar posted:

Game's up! Event involves spending 1600 Enkephalin by April 6th, which should be pretty easy. NEET Faust banner not up yet, it looks like.

In 3 hours.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Jesus christ her rolls are nuts. 4+3+3 (with 1 nails and 2 bleed), 4+4+4+4 (with 2 nails, 1 paralyze next turn and gaze), and 6+2+2+2 (with 4 nails with a heads on the second coin).

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Einander posted:

In 3 hours.

Well, I guess it's appropriate I'd have to roll long after I should've gone to bed...

Event has level boost tickets, which is interesting to see.

EDIT: Guess the complaints about the Thread abnos were near universal, they nerfed the fish and made the apple less grindy.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 23, 2023

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
N-Corp Faust Uptied and Max Leveled if anyone wants to try her out before they buy on K106480700

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
sequel to mersault main menu line

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Found this on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPVzeN5wiIg

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Also put up a Max Uptie/Level N-Corp Heathcliff and Rodion as well as my Mersault and Faust so all of them can have a spin.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Banner is up.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Pulled with some 1-pull tickets I had saved, nothing of the two banner characters but finally got Ardor Blossom Star for Ishmael.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Kleinhammer Heathcliff: I'm not sold. What's the use case here vs Vanilla Heathcliff?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

Nice, got new Heathcliff and Grips in a ten pull and ten singles. I'm still 0/6 on EGO, though. Absolutely none pulled at all, and I've got all but three of the three-star identities. Kind of ridiculous at this point.

I appreciate that Grips's max Uptie story has Kromer's instrumental theme in the background. (The Darkness version, specifically, from after she Distorts.)

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Got R Corp Heath and Hex Nail blasting away all my lunacy. not bad

but then i used the three single pull tickets and the last one was a fakeout rare n corp faust

incredible

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
Re: N Heathcliff, it honestly seems like his support passive is better for a nails-heavy build than actually having him in the party, really.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Kleinhammer Heathcliff: I'm not sold. What's the use case here vs Vanilla Heathcliff?
You uptie him to 3 for that +1 nail passive to support N Corp Faust/Meursault/Rodya, Tingtang/Kuro Hong and Kuro Ryoshu then never actually put him in your active party.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

so uh what's with these numbers now? I guess they are showing predicted damage instead of clash power? That's new, but I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes

e: oh I see, they only show these numbers for unopposed attacks.
that's pretty handy although it's super confusing because it shows up in the exact same spot as clash power and there's no real indicator it's flip flopping back and forth

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 23, 2023

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Four ten pulls got me Grippy Faust (plus a dupe tingtang hong lu) and multiple heathcliffs, mission accomplished! Still have yet to get any of the gacha EGOs, though.

Have enough thread to uptie her, but I feel like I should get other sinners at least one uptied 00/000 before she gets a second, or at least do the rest of team N Corp first. There’s a bunch of thread in the event rewards and decent income from the dailies so not as much need to be so frugal with it now, at least.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

The use case for him is that Faust's Fluid Sac EGO on the paid Battle Pass has a 4 Gloom requirement and the only Bleed Identities with Gloom are Kurokumo Rodya and N Corp Heathcliff, so if you want to be using that EGO regularly with Grips Faust then you probably want to bring both of them. It's an AOE (I think it's five slots, even) and it heals the entire party's HP and SP, so that's a decently compelling argument, especially against Abnormalities where the five action slot limit means that you're less likely to get the Resonance for N Corp Heathcliff's passive anyway.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Einander posted:

The use case for him is that Faust's Fluid Sac EGO on the paid Battle Pass has a 4 Gloom requirement and the only Bleed Identities with Gloom are Kurokumo Rodya and N Corp Heathcliff, so if you want to be using that EGO regularly with Grips Faust then you probably want to bring both of them. It's an AOE (I think it's five slots, even) and it heals the entire party's HP and SP, so that's a decently compelling argument, especially against Abnormalities where the five action slot limit means that you're less likely to get the Resonance for N Corp Heathcliff's passive anyway.
Honestly, I'm probably just going to use W Don instead of him for my N Corp team.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GilliamYaeger posted:

You uptie him to 3 for that +1 nail passive to support N Corp Faust/Meursault/Rodya, Tingtang/Kuro Hong and Kuro Ryoshu then never actually put him in your active party.

a very compelling argument once i get past goddamn kromer

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Phone account pull has eluded me on Grippy Faust, but I did get Tingtang Hong Lu off a single ticket. Wishing Cairn, Lantern, N-Corp Heathcliff and L-Corp Faust so it was still somewhat constructive.

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022
I think I found the main team comp I'm gonna use: grippy faust, rabbit heathcliff, blade lineage sinclair, and kurokumo rodya + ryoshu. Sinclair uses impending day to feed pride + wrath for ego spam, and even though there's no n corp identites faust is a pretty good support just by applying Gaze to boost rabbitcliff's damage since all his skills are pierce anyway. And rodya + ryoshu are 2/3 of my favorite characters (Don is the other one). Can't wait to see how it holds up to refraction railway when it gets added tho!

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
So far N Heathcliff has been strictly better for me than LCB, and Rabbit is the single Ident I don't own. He clashes like an absolute madman and is thick as a brick: His total combat power's not excellent and his passive sucks, but whether you're running him main-team or on the sideboard as a Nail booster he is extremely solid.

Meanwhile Grippy Faust is everything I'd hoped for and more. Running a 3x N Corp team (no Heathcliff) with Seven Section Six Yi Sang and G Corp Gregor, or 4x N Corp with Gregor, has been reliably splatting out Legerdemains and Fluid Sacs aplenty. I just got Rime Shank before logging for the day, and I think that'll be feasible (albeit slow to build) in the Yi Sang version, and while this isn't replacing my usual day-to-day team, it's an absolute win in my book.

Also the new clash power previews are just outright busted when not targetting another skill: I've seen Deep Cuts claim 35 | 94 and Swash claim 36 | 130. The problem seems to be that the new "account for all the modifiers" changes they made are treating skills that aren't set into a clash as if they were against a 0 power skill. This leads to insanely high values and makes it much harder to estimate the entire fight at a glance.

And final note on the new event: It's thankfully going to be extremely breezy for anyone to finish. Just doing my dailies got me between 1/6th to 1/5th of the way done: So even if you miss half of your days in the event period you'll still get there off dailies alone, no grind or extra mirror dungeons required.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Are we sure the unoppossed numbers aren't just a damage estimation? Although they do feel high.

Also did a MD run just to scrounch up enough for a 10pull... got NEETFaust and Heathcliff first try :toot: Totally compensates my bad luck on Mr. Salt's. I guess I do have to use my boxes on him then...

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Speaking of N Corp Heathcliff, holy poo poo is his story depressing and nightmare fuel when you put two and two together. Also reveals a fair bit about the faction as a whole. Especially when factoring in Rodion and Faust's story.

MotU posted:

sequel to mersault main menu line

Note that all funny innuendo aside, one of her attacks shows what gripping is, and it's intense.

She lifts the target with one hand, repeatedly stabs it with the nail needle, then beats the poo poo out of it, then electrocutes it, and then if it survives that she puts a "gaze" debuff on it that looks like the christian cross because why not throw away subtlety that this is a a dystopian sci-fi analogue to a christian supremacist cult only with cyborgs as the persecuted under class instead of _____ minority like trans people or gay people or women or whatever atrocity that they want to inflict on innocent people this week. Rodion's text reveals that they even have catechisms and gospel arrayed like the modern bible!

Said cross also marks the target out for extermination. Any enemy in the cult that attacks it gets a damage buff, and sanity is restored when it's killed by a cult member.

Meursalt might not be doing too hot in that timeline given who he's based on and the stuff about what's in the nail and how it's used to automate creating fashie cult members is the conclusion I got from all of that.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 23, 2023

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Took 3 10 pulls, but I got both Faust and Heathcliff, surprisingly painless all things considered, though seeing a whole bunch of duplicate shards always hurts the soul.

EDIT: Fully leveled and Uptied Faust/placed in support. Also did the Uptie story and, well...

Only seen snatches of Heathcliff's story but it's super-depressing, yeah. He's not really slacking off, so much as just being incredibly tired because he keeps getting punished and forced to stay up late and memorize the Nagel und Hammer scriptures, resulting in an endless spiral where he just sort of listlessly sits around except when the programming takes and he goes full "purge the heretics" mode.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 23, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Actual Kromer also uses the Gripping as well, although it's a bit different when she does it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Jossar posted:

Took 3 10 pulls, but I got both Faust and Heathcliff, surprisingly painless all things considered, though seeing a whole bunch of duplicate shards always hurts the soul.

EDIT: Fully leveled and Uptied Faust/placed in support. Also did the Uptie story and, well...

Only seen snatches of Heathcliff's story but it's super-depressing, yeah. He's not really slacking off, so much as just being incredibly tired because he keeps getting punished and forced to stay up late and memorize the Nagel und Hammer scriptures, resulting in an endless spiral where he just sort of listlessly sits around except when the programming takes and he goes full "purge the heretics" mode.

The programming is implied to not even be natural. It's the canned experiences loving with his brain. The implication is that Rodion who was farther along finishes falling to it in her upscale story and Faust's appears to be her realizing she can extract the brain goop from cyborgs to make more soldiers via the needle hidden in the nails. Meursalt's talk about what the nails are hints at this. They've basically partially automated the process of making genocidal fanatics via technology.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 23, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I got her on the 11th single ticket. Beginning to suspect that my luck might not be that terrible after all.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Took 6k lunacy to get her but I still got 3.5k left so no biggie.

Why did they change it so the grinding stages take modules now? Enkephalin in general feels kind of superfluous at this point lol. Only used for story now?

e: Also was reading Leviathan last night and a bummer that it just changes to text after chapter 11. Guess they ran out of budget.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Why did they change it so the grinding stages take modules now? Enkephalin in general feels kind of superfluous at this point lol. Only used for story now?

e: Also was reading Leviathan last night and a bummer that it just changes to text after chapter 11. Guess they ran out of budget.

Apparently the artist got sick or something and couldn't meet the obligations of the job. So rather than cancel it they just switched to a novel format.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Despite all my pulls, I still have neither of the 000 identities of the Clerical Fash meta :negative:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Because the cost of the dailies is exactly the total Enkephalim we get a day (240), so unless you pay perfect attention it was technically impossible to fully cover without playing 3 times a day. Now you can store it and play whenever (at the cost of EXP farming being worse)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
They increased the EXP Rewards for the lower difficulties a little bit at the very least

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Yeah, between that and lowering the difficulty on the most annoying abnormalities, the theme of this update is "make the daily grind easier/less intensive", with the expectation that all of the actual difficulty/inconvenience gets shoved into Refraction Railway when that drops in 2-3 weeks.

Speaking of which, time to get the whole N Corp lineup to 30/max Uptie in preparation. Maybe put some Thread into You Want To Get Beat? Hurtily? If I can spare it.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

The Lunacy I got from running a Mirror Dungeon was what I needed to get Grippy Faust on my Steam Account. And now I have the full Sinclair Trauma package and it works quite well on the whole.