Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

abraham linksys posted:

i'll be honest: as a hunter who has not done a single legendary lost sector and just has all of the world pool exotic armor i have no idea what the gently caress im supposed to be using or building around and havent used an exotic armor piece in like two years unless it happens to get a good stat roll

right now im using one that disorients enemies when i do a dodge and thats kinda fun but probably not optimal
i would recommend using something that seems useful to you! stompees is probably one of the most powerful neutral class exotics in the game because it makes you insanely fast and mobile, and the easiest way to survive being shot at is to not get hit

Fuligin posted:

think i regret rolling warlock. titans and hunters both seem to have a more direct button -> awesome connection on their abilities
warlocks have a strong argument for being the most powerful and flexible class in the game because they can do poo poo like this

(not pictured: the five other grenades that had been thrown during this time that faded by the time i got a good angle to take the picture)

Bleck posted:

I've been playing (Void) Warlock too long to consider playing anything else, but I gotta say, it does kind of feel like their kits have less pizazz overall to offset how powerful the rifts are.
depends on your build! as described above, solar warlock can create infinity explosions pretty much whenever they feel like it. voidlocks also have access to overcharged grenades, easy devour, and actual good supers! as a matter of fact, pretty much all of the warlock supers are typically the best or one of the best, which as a titan i will die mad about!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The main annoying thing is that you lose your overshield the second you leave your rift, whereas Titans can just drop a barricade and jeff off to the other side of the map with it still on. At least give us a 3 second grace period or something :smith:
yeah but we need a fragment to do that, which also comes with the drawback of making your barricade cooldown significantly longer. also the void overshield barricade doesn't actually heal you, whereas your rift heals and overheals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

let me put it this way: in terms of abilities and tools, titans get nice things, but warlocks and hunters get good things.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i think i would call starfire protocol warlock the best pve build in the game right now, and it's honestly baffling HOIL got dunked into the chaos realm but starfire escaped untouched

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
It doesn't look nice, though, so it's basically unusable.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It was just so weird and badly written as well. It felt like it was clearly building to her having to hold the connection open and be electrocuted doing it, which would have at least been meaningful. But turns out she's fine, and then the room blows up for no goddamn reason. I get that it was a trap, but if Eramis really wanted to warn them she could have said "Hey the place is rigged to blow once the prisoners leave."

Also, dumb place to set the trap, set it so it goes off the moment they reach the prisoners. And the explosions just felt so generic, even if they wanted to imply that it was a trap by the witness, they could have had it do the remote slice and dice trick, or had her go down fighting against a room full of cabal instead of whatever that was.

Just a whole lot of fridge logic going on there.

Me, the witness, commander of the mysterious spooky pyramid fleet and wielder of unknowable mysterious dark arts from beyond this universe:

I'm going to set a bundle of loony tunes dynamite with a large clock timer.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The most baffling thing in all of Lightfall is "if I had even a modicum of my original power, I'd have killed one or three citizens"

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Healing Rift is always Fine in PvE. Empowering Rift is IMO usually the better choice, but there's something to be said about the psychological well-being of giving your fireteam a healing spot to stand on.

I have no good thoughts about rift usage in PvP. I typically do one of two things:
1) Run Phoenix Dive
2) Run Secant Filaments & Empowering Rift, so you can instantly heal to full by dropping a rift. Never do this while actively taking fire. Most players know to stop dueling when they see rifts around corners so try to use this trick when you drop under a bridge or similar.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

i'll be honest: as a hunter who has not done a single legendary lost sector and just has all of the world pool exotic armor i have no idea what the gently caress im supposed to be using or building around and havent used an exotic armor piece in like two years unless it happens to get a good stat roll

right now im using one that disorients enemies when i do a dodge and thats kinda fun but probably not optimal

Some good general hunter armor that requires little input to work with any class are FR0ST-EE5 and Wormhusk Crown.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Reiterpallasch posted:

i think i would call starfire protocol warlock the best pve build in the game right now, and it's honestly baffling HOIL got dunked into the chaos realm but starfire escaped untouched

they're waiting to release an ornament for it before they gun it down

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hand Cannons are abomination and they are actually technically impossible land crits with

Do Not use!

they're all garbage, yeah

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
They're getting buffed mid season :D

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Iron Banner is back baby can I get a

https://twitter.com/hourlysamoyeds/status/1638590157157994497?s=46&t=4Hgg8Niol2PPI_hjK5EH4A

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Handcannons were great once. The last good one I remember was Hawkmoon, and before that the SoO Austringer.

They just don't have the same bap anymore. Probably my favourite type of gun.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I got a nice trials one I would like to be able to use in PVE

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Used to always run with a hand cannon. Miss em really.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
They kneecapped precision primaries in PvE to make finishers a thing. Double special or Whitherhoard + SMG has been the general play since Shadowkeep launched.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kith posted:

raiding with friends is a good time

Raiding is the biggest reason I love this game. I love it a lot. Wanna run 3 back to back raids? gently caress yeah! But the best part about raiding?

The time before an encounter where people are loving around trying to get out of bounds, get to hard to reach places, play dumb loving hilarious emotes, find new ways to kill yourselves with geometry, and accidentally +1 the wipes by not knowing the trigger volumes for the encounters.

Guardians are canonically dipshit frat bros and I love it.

Kith posted:

let me put it this way: in terms of abilities and tools, titans get nice things, but warlocks and hunters get good things.

I believe I saw up thread you too are a titan main and I am furious you are discounting our crayons like this. f u

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I believe I saw up thread you too are a titan main and I am furious you are discounting our crayons like this. f u

im not discounting a god drat thing

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's

So

Beautiful....

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

im not discounting a god drat thing

:allears:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

game is taking a four hour nap, do something else for a while

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1638914749252644864?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Four hours for now

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Wish I had known that before I got home ready to play some Iron Banner.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

right when I get back from college >:(

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/destiny-2-hotfix-7-0-0-6

Patch notes:
  • Threshers nerfed
  • Overuse of Armor Charges no longer breaks things
  • A bunch of other nerd poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Four hours for now

who among us has never had a nap turn into an extended slumber

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

them moving the legend lost sector rank requirements means they like how obnoxious they are i guess

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

WAIT I JUST RANKED UP, DO I GOTTA DO ALL THAT LOST SECTOR poo poo AGAIN???

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

no

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I wonder if I lose the load outs I unlocked now that they are at a higher rank. Or do they move the load out to something else instead.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
My first question was about the loadouts. That they didn’t mention that reveals some of the thinking behind it.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh nice. The LLS requirement was the biggest blocker for me to progress to rank 7

(I still gotta level up to 1800 though, which will take a while)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mage_Boy posted:

I wonder if I lose the load outs I unlocked now that they are at a higher rank. Or do they move the load out to something else instead.

I doubt they'll re-lock, but its a good question what it means for unlocking them for people who haven't yet.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I wonder if they're also just removing them or if they're gonna bump stuff up from the lower levels to keep the number of challenges the same. Guess we'll see. If the lost sector requirements bump off some of the current rank 8 challenges I'd be a happy camper

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They could bump something easier down from 8, maybe the Lightfall campaign or nimbus grind

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Thank goodness they fixed the Colony being able to kill the glitched Immune enemies in RoN 2nd encounter

Surely that also implies they fixed the bug that CAUSES glitched Immune enemies in RoN 2nd encounter?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Thank goodness they fixed the Colony being able to kill the glitched Immune enemies in RoN 2nd encounter

Surely that also implies they fixed the bug that CAUSES glitched Immune enemies in RoN 2nd encounter?

Lol. Lmao.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
well it took four hours last night but I beat legendary calus no cheese

I guess I'm a masochist but I mostly enjoyed it! The death pits on the second phase can gently caress off. had three grapple mishap deaths on less than a third remaining health. Lol and lmao

The fight is overall a lot of fun but the grappling mechanics aren't really predictable enough for me to feel like it's totally fair. The biggest one is whether you hit the hook point or use your charge, which can totally gently caress you up.

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

neutral milf hotel posted:

Oh nice. The LLS requirement was the biggest blocker for me to progress to rank 7

(I still gotta level up to 1800 though, which will take a while)

Glad to see this change. Now I just need to get the barrier champ requirement out of the way. Does anybody know of a Lost Sector this season that has one near the beginning?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thrilladrome does, but it was a day or two ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1638963135670542337?s=20