Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Another T2 moment that stood out to me and will now bother you everytime you watch it, is that the t1000's head is already split in half before he gets shot in the head the first time by Arnold in the elevator scene.

Does anyone know if they ever painted that out for a newer release? At the end of Aliens you can clearly see the hole in the floor where they're keeping the bottom half of Lance Henriksen when Bishop reaches for Newt as they're sliding toward the airlock but they painted over it for the Blu Ray release I have, so Cameron isn't above using CGI to fix little things like that for rereleases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Another T2 moment that stood out to me and will now bother you everytime you watch it, is that the t1000's head is already split in half before he gets shot in the head the first time by Arnold in the elevator scene.

Goddammit, I just rewatched this part, and I'll never unsee it.

Just like how I'll never not notice Roberts Blossom's very obvious double being the one who smashes Harry and Marv in the face with the shovel in Home Alone.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Cat Hatter posted:

Does anyone know if they ever painted that out for a newer release? At the end of Aliens you can clearly see the hole in the floor where they're keeping the bottom half of Lance Henriksen when Bishop reaches for Newt as they're sliding toward the airlock but they painted over it for the Blu Ray release I have, so Cameron isn't above using CGI to fix little things like that for rereleases.

Maybe if Neil DeGrasse Tyson tweeted about it, James Cameron would fix it like he did the sky in Titanic.

Android Apocalypse has a new favorite as of 19:07 on Mar 19, 2023

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

Jackie Chan said in an interview that in takes where he had to shoot a gun he'd fire a couple rounds before they start filming so he was used to the noise.

That strategy didn't work out to well for that Baldwin fellow

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Sounds like Alec should've hired those Hong Kong stuff directors.

Like Jackie Chan.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

MyronMulch posted:

That strategy didn't work out to well for that Baldwin fellow

Presumably Jackie Chan would've been using blanks. Its not like anyone would be crazy enough to keep live rounds on set.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ask Brandon Lee how well only using blanks works on set.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I re-watched T2 because of this thread but the copy I grabbed had the awful alternate ending with grandma Sarah and John the senator - total buzzkill lol

but I guess at the same time it kinda works for me because I have no intention of watching any of the sequels and I can pretend everything is tied up in a neat little package and leave it there

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
What version just slaps on the alternate ending? I remember watching the deleted scenes on DVD, but had no idea they released an alternate cut too as a main version on any disc. Weird.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
... I didn't even know there was an alternate ending, drat.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Kramdar posted:

What version just slaps on the alternate ending? I remember watching the deleted scenes on DVD, but had no idea they released an alternate cut too as a main version on any disc. Weird.

:filez: gonna :filez:

(I do own it on DVD and BR but I don't have an optical drive in my computer anymore)

Tenkaris posted:

... I didn't even know there was an alternate ending, drat.

Fade out from the teary goodbye to Arnie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEaS8X1_gcU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kramdar posted:

The Ultimate edition, probably.

It's neither a movie nor a moment, but if you like Terminator at all you owe it to yourself to watch the episode "Vick's Chip" from Sarah Connor Chronicles S1. It's a complete first person study of how Terminators actually work in infiltration mode and it's chilling in places.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Gaius Marius posted:

Ask Brandon Lee how well only using blanks works on set.

Why? If they hadn't had a live round to take apart to make their own dummy round (that wasn't) there wouldn't have been a live primer to push the slug into the barrel. Their problem was that they didn't use only blanks. They had one real bullet they used to try and get out of buying an actual prop bullet and it killed someone.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cat Hatter posted:

Why? If they hadn't had a live round to take apart to make their own dummy round (that wasn't) there wouldn't have been a live primer to push the slug into the barrel. Their problem was that they didn't use only blanks. They had one real bullet they used to try and get out of buying an actual prop bullet and it killed someone.

Things other than actual bullets can get stuck in a barrel and then shot out from a blank.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

CainFortea posted:

Things other than actual bullets can get stuck in a barrel and then shot out from a blank.
That’s why a properly-run set never has actors point blank-firing guns directly at each other. They’re always pointed to the side, AKA cheating.

A LOT of things need to be deliberately ignored for Rust or Crow incidents to happen.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Remulak posted:

That’s why a properly-run set never has actors point blank-firing guns directly at each other. They’re always pointed to the side, AKA cheating.

A LOT of things need to be deliberately ignored for Rust or Crow incidents to happen.

Or just don't use blank firing guns at all.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jedit posted:

The Ultimate edition, probably.

It's neither a movie nor a moment, but if you like Terminator at all you owe it to yourself to watch the episode "Vick's Chip" from Sarah Connor Chronicles S1. It's a complete first person study of how Terminators actually work in infiltration mode and it's chilling in places.

Can you elaborate? I'm very interested, but I doubt I'll be checking out the show.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Dragonstoned posted:

:filez: gonna :filez:

(I do own it on DVD and BR but I don't have an optical drive in my computer anymore)

Fade out from the teary goodbye to Arnie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEaS8X1_gcU

:barf:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Also, don't tell the armorer that all firearm related filming is over and then decide you want to film more gunplay while the armorer is off set because you told them their job was done (Crow).

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Does he load them all with real bullets before he heads home for the day?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ideally they get locked away in an armory only he has access to, but

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Can you elaborate? I'm very interested, but I doubt I'll be checking out the show.

Spoilers for Sarah Connor Chronicles S1: Sarah and team encounter a Terminator posing as a man named Vick and are able to destroy it. They study its chip to find out what it knew and what its mission was, but in the process they learn that Vick was married to a human woman. You get to see their relationship with all the problems you'd expect, but her not knowing that they stem from the fact that her husband is actually a killer robot. It's the one time in all the franchise where you get to see a Terminator in full infiltration mode, just slightly off key rather than robotic and all for the purpose of the mission. And it's creepy as gently caress, especially considering the implications.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Jedit posted:

Spoilers for Sarah Connor Chronicles S1: Sarah and team encounter a Terminator posing as a man named Vick and are able to destroy it. They study its chip to find out what it knew and what its mission was, but in the process they learn that Vick was married to a human woman. You get to see their relationship with all the problems you'd expect, but her not knowing that they stem from the fact that her husband is actually a killer robot. It's the one time in all the franchise where you get to see a Terminator in full infiltration mode, just slightly off key rather than robotic and all for the purpose of the mission. And it's creepy as gently caress, especially considering the implications.

Dang that sounds pretty lit. Like the ability to convincingly behave as a loving spouse but in reality be a moment's notice from switching to exterminate all humans mode with no remorse.

Westworld season one had a nice impact in similar ways. When Bernard is revealed to be a sleeper host when Ford has him kill the lady he was dating

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
"Now I know why humans suffer from erectile dysfunction, but that I something that I can never do".

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, The Crow was being made by a severely inexperienced filmmaker with a very tight budget and he was making decisions like "if we send the armorer home early we don't have to pay them as much and that'll save us a little money on this direct to video movie and get the producers off my back a little."

I talked about this in the Nope thread, but The Crow is really an example of exploiting a tragedy. The attention the accident got caused the Weinsteins to buy it up, dump a bunch of money into finishing it, and get it into theaters. They dragged poor Michael Massey back on set (on the same set!) to have him recreate the time he accidentally killed someone, just horrid poo poo.

I love The Crow and I think it aged surprisingly well. The soundtrack is an all-timer as well. Watching it again, it's real obvious which scenes they shot after Lee's death though.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Amphigory posted:

Does he load them all with real bullets before he heads home for the day?
Hey, whatever shaves a few minutes off your morning prep.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I'm finally watching Sarah Connor Chronicles. I'd only ever seen like a commercial of it once or twice. Immediately what strikes me is how much better this show would be without Sarah constantly waxing poetic about humanity and hope or whatever. Which I know was kind of a thing from the films, but that makes me wonder if the films wouldn't also be better if they just omitted that. Oh, wait, wasn't she recording all that for John to hear later? Well, anyway, it's excessive and annoying. I'm also really surprised to see Lena Heady as Sarah Connor! Had no idea. And that girl who played River in Firefly is the friendlybot. Neat! John is appropriately annoying. He uses a search engine called LeSearch, and also ICQ Lite ha

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I like that by the midpoint of t2 even the other characters are sick of Sarah's monologuing.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I put on an episode of Archer on because I wasn't quite ready for bed the other night after watching Sicario 2

Holy poo poo has that show aged terribly. Non-stop rapey vibes, the cringiest running jokes that they beat you over the head with. The characters' personalties are so predictable and become so trite that all I can do is roll my eyes.

Oh Pam likes getting chocked in bed? Better mention it 5 times. Cyril is insecure about Lana? Better make it a plot point in multiple episodes. I enjoyed it when it came out but now I just say "yeeeeeesh"

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I remember Pam being large but large enough to need chocks to stay in bed?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Beastie posted:

I put on an episode of Archer on because I wasn't quite ready for bed the other night after watching Sicario 2

Holy poo poo has that show aged terribly. Non-stop rapey vibes, the cringiest running jokes that they beat you over the head with. The characters' personalties are so predictable and become so trite that all I can do is roll my eyes.

Oh Pam likes getting chocked in bed? Better mention it 5 times. Cyril is insecure about Lana? Better make it a plot point in multiple episodes. I enjoyed it when it came out but now I just say "yeeeeeesh"

I like how you chose Archer to unwind after Sicario: Day of the Soldato instead of the superior H. Jon Benjamin show Bob's Burgers.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Home Movies is the GOAT

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I like how you chose Archer to unwind after Sicario: Day of the Soldato instead of the superior H. Jon Benjamin show Bob's Burgers.

I realized I posted this in the wrong thread. My brother just gave me access to his Hulu so I went back to watch a few things I hadn't seen in a few years. I'm fairly burned out on Bob's Burgers (thought the movie was meh) and it had been more than a few years since watching Archer. Basically something to put on while I played Steam Deck.

Subtle movie moment: The sign language Benicio Del Toro uses in Sicario 2 is Mexican Sign Language, which is obviously different than ASL.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jedit posted:

The terminator fucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Jon Benjamin has a van. Good for him

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Beastie posted:

Oh Pam likes getting chocked in bed? Better mention it 5 times.

That's Sheryl. Or Carol.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

deoju posted:

That's Sheryl. Or Carol.

No, Pam likes it too.

It's basically part of Cheryl's identity though.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Pam has not publicly said if she likes choking during sex.

She has stated she is into snowballs though.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Does Jon Benjamin as a voice actor have any range whatsoever? He's a good actor, but out of the like dozen characters I've heard him voice, it's never been anything other than Jon Benjamin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Not really. H. Jon Benjamin is limited in his vocal range but is good at delivery. Like Jimmy Jr. is just him talking with a lisp and trying to be a little higher in pitch, but you know it's his voice.