Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

They realised how bad the Tzeentch realm was and made it so you can get one of the glyphs from every fight instead of just the specific locations, which makes it somewhat better, but it can still be a total drag. I do Tzeentch first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

I wonder what happens if you don't have enough armaments to keep up your forces.

My hope would be that it's customizable, and the upgrades would fall off if you couldn't afford the upkeep anymore. It'd also let you tailor upgrades to specific fights or different enemies, which would be pretty badass.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Omnicarus posted:

Did I understand it right that when you upgrade units, it also increases their per-turn armament/materials upkeep? If that's so then it looks like Chorfs are extremely vulnerable to their economy shrinking.

capitalism requires constant expansion

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Managing to make Chaos Dwarfs cool and frightening instead of a weird joke is one of the best turnarounds I've seen in the series.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Managing to make Chaos Dwarfs cool and frightening instead of a weird joke is one of the best turnarounds I've seen in the series.

Yeah I'm really hyped for them.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Thanks for the Realms of Chaos advice. The Khorne one was actually pretty fun with a gladiator style arena where you just fight 6 or 7 stacks. Pretty funny to get a province control debuff when your lord is in the Chaos Realms and then just lose it anyway when you're kicked out.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?
I really think the best way to do the Portal Stuff would be to add it to the IE map as an Endgame Crisis.

You could then go into the Chaos Hells to stop each individual Chaos faction from entering the Earth.

I really like the vibe of the place but I don't really like the Tower Defense battles, its all a bit unwieldy and honestly feels a bit too Warcrafty/League of Legends to me. This is supposed to be hell, why can I just spawn and heal my troops so easily?

I'd be happy if the Realms just had a few cool themed big rear end tough armies running around in there that you had to crush to close the gates. The Khorne realm had the right idea with some fun throwdowns. I'd love to see an army of all flying things, an army of just thousands and thousands of chaff units with high morale, etc.

I guess I really like the visual design but feel it's wasted. The tiny armies you fight in the Chaos realms are all pushovers. The big fight at the end is just sit there and hide behind towers for the most part.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mr. Grapes! posted:

I really think the best way to do the Portal Stuff would be to add it to the IE map as an Endgame Crisis.

You could then go into the Chaos Hells to stop each individual Chaos faction from entering the Earth.

I really like the vibe of the place but I don't really like the Tower Defense battles, its all a bit unwieldy and honestly feels a bit too Warcrafty/League of Legends to me. This is supposed to be hell, why can I just spawn and heal my troops so easily?

I'd be happy if the Realms just had a few cool themed big rear end tough armies running around in there that you had to crush to close the gates. The Khorne realm had the right idea with some fun throwdowns. I'd love to see an army of all flying things, an army of just thousands and thousands of chaff units with high morale, etc.

I guess I really like the visual design but feel it's wasted. The tiny armies you fight in the Chaos realms are all pushovers. The big fight at the end is just sit there and hide behind towers for the most part.
I think they should have a few portals that let you move around the world quickly by traveling through the Realms.

Anyway, I went to start up a Nkari campaign and forgot I had Mixu's LLs on. That start was hard enough without an anti-large LL with a Lion chariot and three extra units mixed in. Christ.

I get the Cultist spam concept but where are people getting all the devotees from? Just don't fall quite so behind the curve when securing the first province or two?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ravenfood posted:

I think they should have a few portals that let you move around the world quickly by traveling through the Realms.

Anyway, I went to start up a Nkari campaign and forgot I had Mixu's LLs on. That start was hard enough without an anti-large LL with a Lion chariot and three extra units mixed in. Christ.

I get the Cultist spam concept but where are people getting all the devotees from? Just don't fall quite so behind the curve when securing the first province or two?

Realms of chaos or immortal empires? For the former: Send agents south as soon as possible. You want to be establishing conclaves and marking lords in as many human areas as possible - not just empire and Kislev but Norscan too. You exist to cause diplomatic problems in the Empire with your Sexy sexy demons. Hardest part of the campaign quite honestly it's securing the second province, the warriors of chaos one. They will come at you hard around the time you finish securing your home province before you can really recouperate. If you can get the second province before the first round of portals you'll have a gold mine and really start building economically before having to go realm hopping. If you can merc Skarbrand after the portal phase, you have no other major competitors near you and can start going hog wild on expansion.

In immortal empires you already have a couple covens established and are already kind of a menace. Early game elves have problems with Nkari because they can't really be pinned down and they'll do as they please. Lean on your lord being an unstoppable murder engine to kill anything high value, and then hammer and anvil infantry to death with Chaos Warriors and Daemonettes. Use Nkari speed and health to bait the AI into doing stupid things. Get silver helms to charge in on nkari, fade, and send in the seekers and hellstriders to counter charge. Hammer and anvil their hammer.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
for the former: quit out and restart w immortal empires

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zeroisanumber posted:

Despite what you would think with the goofy hats, they never really were jokes.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Gonkish posted:

Chorfs looking better and better with each video. :allears:

Zhatan is going to need some good campaign buffs/mechanics to compete with the two extremely powerful sorcerer lords. Not sure he even gets a mount

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
hope hes the one that gets a train mount

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Zhatan already has the winning trait of the three: The Best Color Scheme

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Do...do the endgame crisises not declare war on everyone in TW3? Not only is Nagash-juiced Super Settra targeting me exclusively, but all my other enemies are taking the chance to send armies at me too, and all the powerful factions I have NAPs with are canceling them.

It's not actually that bad yet since Skarbrand's got Lightning Strike and his stack can take any enemy 1v1, but I made the mistake of parking him in a settlement, so now the endless conga line of armies sieging the settlement are preventing him from replenishing or recruiting. It'll start to get dicey soon if I can't get at least one or two turns of replenishment in.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they dont lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Use the Dynamic Disasters mod

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Vizuyos posted:

Do...do the endgame crisises not declare war on everyone in TW3? Not only is Nagash-juiced Super Settra targeting me exclusively, but all my other enemies are taking the chance to send armies at me too, and all the powerful factions I have NAPs with are canceling them.

It's not actually that bad yet since Skarbrand's got Lightning Strike and his stack can take any enemy 1v1, but I made the mistake of parking him in a settlement, so now the endless conga line of armies sieging the settlement are preventing him from replenishing or recruiting. It'll start to get dicey soon if I can't get at least one or two turns of replenishment in.

Anti-player bias is still pretty stupid, no matter how much CA tweak it.
Enemies will cross 3 provinces to chase you down even as their own settlements are being taken by a different faction.
There's a balance between 'being a challenge' and 'being braindead' that CA haven't got right yet in WH3.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

MonsterEnvy posted:

Despite what you would think with the goofy hats, they never really were jokes.

all warhammer factions are jokes though

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Total Warhammer 3 - Tho'mas the gank engine

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Immortals are a RoR, which, while 100% thematically appropriate, means I'll need mods if I want my mini-slambo army

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm frothing at the mouth for chorfs, always loved them since seeing their big hat models as a kid but they were squatted by the time I played warhammer

There was a really good warhammer 2 chorf mod though that was very satisfying so I have had my fill enough to wait

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I've never done a dwarfs in the desert campaign before in Mortal Empires, but Thorgrim Grudgebearer and Nakai the Wanderer have become badlands bros in the east.

Also End Times canon says what.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Grumio posted:

Zhatan is going to need some good campaign buffs/mechanics to compete with the two extremely powerful sorcerer lords. Not sure he even gets a mount

If he doesn't get a train mount, he's going to get overshadowed by the other two. Mobility mecha and a literal red bull with wings, both of which are also super strong casters? Yeah, Zhatan better be a loving nightmare tank.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Apparently Zhatan's old model's mounts are also just a taurus or lamassu, which doesn't sound too exciting compared to the other two lords.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
The only important to me is that Zhatan is thrown out in the middle of nowhere so he has to deal with weirder factions then the other two, which is looking increasingly unlikely. Maybe the IE map will have the chorfs more spread out, I don't want the darklands to be the only spot on the map that is Chorfzoned

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I will krump him

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Kraka drak should be changed to chorfs right?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I don't think they fell to Chaos, just got killed in a siege

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they extremely did not fall to chaos

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
And now that dwarf campaign has gone into disaster. While my big army was away chasing rats, Grimgor came knocking and I couldn't stop him. :/

I want to like these games so much but I'm proving so consistently bad at them.

Lesson learned to not overextend, I suppose.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

feller posted:

Kraka drak should be changed to chorfs right?

Very much not. Chaos Dwarfs really don't exist outside of the Darklands unfortunately.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Can a dwarf only fall to chaos as basically a communal thing more or less? Or are there individual dwarfs in the lore that have ended up being corrupted on their own

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
They can very easily just pull the standard "[insert lord] was sent on an expedition" thing that they do whenever they want to toss a LL into a weird spot for their race; having all 3 chorf LLs start within arm's reach of each other would be a huge waste.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can a dwarf only fall to chaos as basically a communal thing more or less? Or are there individual dwarfs in the lore that have ended up being corrupted on their own

Even ogres can fall to chaos so I'd say a dwarf can, it's just dramatically slower. I assume any dawi on their way down bad paths has incredibly high odds of being killed by his kin or they head for the chaos dwarves and blend right in. That and chaos has an iconic look that must be stuck to at all costs so halving the size of Giant Intimidating Armor Man is a no sell.

There's also a bone of contention to pick in that Hashut may be the only one who actually answers dawi going down bad paths. I wonder if there's any lore that the big four find dawi souls distasteful or something.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I think the most obvious spot to put a Chorf LL outside of the Darklands is the Chaos Wastes imo -- they trade with the Norscans all the time so you could say he's there to set up a forward outpost. Maybe plop him down near Valkia or even in Antarctica somewhere

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dwarfs do not mutate in the same way humans do: they're incredibly resistant to doing so. Chaos dwarf mutations like the tusks and horns usually only happen after generations of high-level exposure to chaos. An individual dwarf can serve chaos, but chaos dwarfs are actually a separate subspecies now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ah. Thats neat

feller
Jul 5, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

I don't think they fell to Chaos, just got killed in a siege

Oh, dang. That would be a fun spot to start in.

Cythereal posted:

And now that dwarf campaign has gone into disaster. While my big army was away chasing rats, Grimgor came knocking and I couldn't stop him. :/

I want to like these games so much but I'm proving so consistently bad at them.

Lesson learned to not overextend, I suppose.

Dwarfs have to play pretty defensively compared to most races. Are you building the garrison building in your settlements? Those and a half stack can defend against almost anything once you get some practice at minor settlement battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should be noted all the Chaos Dwarfs have horns, it's just normally covered by headgear.