Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pyroi posted:

Rainbow.

PrideGotsumon.
LBGoTsumon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I endorse Rainbow. I also point out they could just use Matte Black and make him Black Hole themed.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

my mega gotsumon is transparent diamond with visible internal geometry and has fire powers

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Golux posted:

internal geometry
I'll admit it, this one got a chuckle out of me.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Justin_Brett posted:

Picking out a color is harder than it looks. :colbert:

For the body that pattern you often see on "cosmic" entities in fiction where it's a field of stars and nebulae, for the head pitch black like a black hole except for the eyes which would glow

Omnicrom posted:

I endorse Rainbow. I also point out they could just use Matte Black and make him Black Hole themed.

Exactly, call him Singularitymon or something

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nodosaur posted:

consider: a slightly different shade of white

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shiny Gotsumon. :hmmyes:

Yes I'm still mad about shiny Garchomp how did you know

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It’s a reference to how Icemon and Insekimon are slightly different shades of white

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Gaytsumon

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

It’s a reference to how Icemon and Insekimon are slightly different shades of white

Except for the times when Insekimon is an earthy brown color because PSX Digimon designs are where consistency goes to die.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

Doing it a third time would be kind of overkill

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drrockso20 posted:

Doing it a third time would be kind of overkill

If it had been done at the time when they came out? Yeah, probably.

Doing it now, over ten years later? Absolutely hilarious, go for it.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

And after Chamblemon and Cthyllamon and Black Dagomon/Brachimon/Rafflesimon now would be the perfect time for it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PearlGotsumon

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Goatsemon

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

New restricted list is out and it is...

https://mobile.twitter.com/digimon_tcg_EN/status/1636653839670562816

Black Greymon X. And that's it. Well okay then.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
cool boy is too cool for them to hit

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

That Greymon X had to go but as a filthy Greymon player I'm a little annoyed nothing else got hit

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Cool Boy ans DeathXMon needed restrictions.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kortel posted:

Cool Boy ans DeathXMon needed restrictions.

DeathXMon is whatever, it's annoying but not the end of the world, but Cool Boy definitely needed a hit. As did Grandis and Melga just generally.

Oh well, maybe those decks will just start to fade away. :pray:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Growmon X-Antibody's profile says it performs Raiden Blade with the Plasma Blades on its elbows.

Where the gently caress are they?!

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Death X is insufferable but it’s borderline irrelevant in high level play outside of Sec Con so I can see why it wasn’t hit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

Growmon X-Antibody's profile says it performs Raiden Blade with the Plasma Blades on its elbows.

Is this the official profile image bc this is some deviant art looking mons

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Is this the official profile image bc this is some deviant art looking mons

https://wikimon.net/Growmon_(X-Antibody)

yep

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

it's not pastel and brightly colored enough to be a "Deviant art" mon

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

He sacrificed them in the pursuit of mastering the power of Looking Really Really Good

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
drat, Bloomlordmon was cool as gently caress. What a great debut showing for the flower knight. Of course, Regulusmon also made his first appearance this week, and they definitely made good on the descriptor suggesting he was as strong as Megidramon, because he was more than capable of holding his own against the main trio at Mega level. Looking forward to seeing if we're actually getting Arcturusmon next week, because the preview suggested we might.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 66: Well gently caress.

Gotta say I love how much of the plot kind of got revealed by the DiM Card profiles from a while back, down to the terminology. And hey! It turns out the villain was the villain the whole time.

Arcturusmon vs Proximamon next week?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm a little sad that all the Gulus buildup was just "nope, he just wanted to bond for power and is the villain who must die." In a series all about understanding why Digimon are the way they are, it's a bit of a shame to just have that not play into the finale as much. But there's an entire other episode coming up, so who knows what surprises we'll face?

I see the next episode being about 1/3rd Gammamon facing his mortality, 1/3rd Proximon and Arcturusmon fight with an insane animation bump, and 1/3rd denouement.

EDIT: Y'all down below are probably right. I think I'm knee jerk reacting a bit. I just wonder how much we'll actually get about Gulus as a being, his motives, and what could drive him towards actually forming an understanding with Hiro. We've only got like 20 minutes of Ghost Game left, period!

The Bee fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 19, 2023

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I feel like Proximamon won't/can't show up without Siriusmon and Arcturusmon coming to some sort of understanding. Especially given the way the card works, I just get the impression that Proximamon is very much a sort of combination of the two mega forms of Gammamon. Proximamon fighting against Arcturusmon doesn't really make sense.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The Bee posted:

I'm a little sad that all the Gulus buildup was just "nope, he just wanted to bond for power and is the villain who must die." In a series all about understanding why Digimon are the way they are, it's a bit of a shame to just have that not play into the finale as much. But there's an entire other episode coming up, so who knows what surprises we'll face?

I'm almost certain the finale will include stuff about that.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 19, 2023

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

King of Solomon posted:

I feel like Proximamon won't/can't show up without Siriusmon and Arcturusmon coming to some sort of understanding. Especially given the way the card works, I just get the impression that Proximamon is very much a sort of combination of the two mega forms of Gammamon. Proximamon fighting against Arcturusmon doesn't really make sense.

On one hand, you're not wrong. On the other hand, Arcturusmon (at least in its current form) corrupted the Digital World without a shred of pity or remorse, and now just murdered a baby. We'd have to reach a hell of an understanding to untangle this one, I think.

Then again, if any Digimon can show up with only a few minutes to spare and insta-fix the Digital World, it'd be Proximamon. Guy's lore is nuts.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Bee posted:

On one hand, you're not wrong. On the other hand, Arcturusmon (at least in its current form) corrupted the Digital World without a shred of pity or remorse, and now just murdered a baby. We'd have to reach a hell of an understanding to untangle this one, I think.

Then again, if any Digimon can show up with only a few minutes to spare and insta-fix the Digital World, it'd be Proximamon. Guy's lore is nuts.

Yeah, I mean, to be fair I don't expect Gammamon and Regulusmon to come to an understanding without significant effort. I fully expect it to require the crew to actually defeat Arcturusmon at minimum first.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

We're also still due Siriusmon actually using Planet Knuckle at some point.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

King of Solomon posted:

Yeah, I mean, to be fair I don't expect Gammamon and Regulusmon to come to an understanding without significant effort. I fully expect it to require the crew to actually defeat Arcturusmon at minimum first.

I can see that. I'm hoping they have time for it to be a significant effort. But when Ghost Game wants to be efficient at its pacing, it can be scarily efficient. So we may still get ourselves a good effort!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Doubly so considering just how much happened in exactly this episode.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I...well actually i can believe they gave growlmon abs, i just dont like it

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Ghost Game 66: I can't help feeling that this whole episode should have happened way sooner, but I guess that would have necessitated another end villain? There's so much about Gulus we still don't know!

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Some Numbers posted:

Ghost Game 66: I can't help feeling that this whole episode should have happened way sooner, but I guess that would have necessitated another end villain? There's so much about Gulus we still don't know!

Feels like this could have been several episodes back. Or have the specific fight segments split between multiple episodes building up to where we are now. Maybe have GulusG fight a mega solo and the team has to stop him from killshotting a plot relevent character. Few episodes later he pops out as Gulusmon and we find out his motivation and heads back to the digital world. Plot continues as normal to get them there. Get to where we are now and have the last half of the episode play normally. Instead of Speed Running the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Some neat art for the show replacing Ghost Game. I wonder what purpose the Vital Bracelet will serve in the show proper or if it'll get it's own BEMs? I might actually watch it, to be honest.

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1637896647073234944