Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Maybe Piers Anthony level

Oh god are we bringing the sex pest authors discussion from the dilbert thread here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Piell posted:

Just completely unable to understand or perform comedy
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1638835835146747904

It's just amazing to me how he just has no idea how jokes work but wants to be seen as the Golden God of comedy.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

E the Shaggy posted:

It's just amazing to me how he just has no idea how jokes work but wants to be seen as the Golden God of comedy.

Please stop doxxing my schtick.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

BlancoNino posted:

He's on a Pierce level of joke writing, but in a sad room by himself. https://youtu.be/It3PyrRPXk8

He's even below that, since Pierce can at least tell that his jokes are lacking and he decides to secretly hire some writers.

Elon could obviously afford to hire any writer he wants, yet he clearly hasn't done so. I guess his sense of humor is so bad that he genuinely thinks he is posting zingers.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Offler posted:

He's even below that, since Pierce can at least tell that his jokes are lacking and he decides to secretly hire some writers.

Elon could obviously afford to hire any writer he wants, yet he clearly hasn't done so. I guess his sense of humor is so bad that he genuinely thinks he is posting zingers.

I figure it's about half that, half his ego can't handle the idea that there are things his gigantic computer brain can't actually do well. After all, he's rish bish and all his dickriders tell him his meme game is strong; there's no field of human accomplishment he can't excel in![1] He doesn't need writers, he's Elon Musk! All shall love him and despair!

[1] Except marriage lol.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/MrTooDamnChris/status/1638956701125582853?t=

I am a champion of the sovereignty and sanctity of human life and being respectful towards others' right to live peacefully , with dignity and without needless or senseless suffering

NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID,

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Mal-3 posted:

[1] Except marriage lol [2].

[2]and parenting, lmao

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1638728403858898944?cxt=HHwWgIDStaGz970tAAAA

You could have, y'know, just not commented on this old video at all, but then again Musk will Musk.

What's the logic in tagging Elon here?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Escape Goat posted:

I mean, it worked

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

He replies if you at him, @elonMusk @elonMusk @eLONMUSK

*facepunch*

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Jelly posted:

I mean, it worked

This.

Elon is extremely racist and loves when people post "proof" that blacks are the real racists.

Doesn't show on the embed, but the original tweet got a community notes on it that it's from 2005.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

pixaal posted:

He replies if you at him, @elonMusk @elonMusk @eLONMUSK

*facepunch*

Boertlejuice

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
The thing the congressman said had “hard” in it. Get it? Hard? Like a dick? Ha ha ha, that’s what she said.

The above was literally Elon’s train of thought.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Escape Goat posted:

yeah why would you direct white genocide scaremongering toward the guy who has gone on a months-long bender of posting about great replacement poo poo at 3 am in the morning

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1638728403858898944?cxt=HHwWgIDStaGz970tAAAA

You could have, y'know, just not commented on this old video at all, but then again Musk will Musk.
The "even" isn't qualifying that it's slightly odd to talk about an old video. The "even" is doing the heavy lifting that says racism still existed in 2005 so it is more allowable for black people to threaten us, but we have solved racism in the intervening 17 years.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

With how terrible and unfunny his tweets are

How miserable and uncomfortable do you think it is to hang out with him in-person?

Do you think he does the Borat voice?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

sugar free jazz posted:

that’s not what statistical significance is. sample size effects degrees of freedom which is part of the calculation for statistical significance of a coefficient but it’s not statistical significance itself. are you thinking of a random sample being representative?

Pardon my misuse of the term. I was referring to representative sample sizes, yes.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe he comes out in cold sweats when he sees a black person not working down an emerald mine.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sockser posted:

How miserable and uncomfortable do you think it is to hang out with him in-person?

he's so bad at speaking I can't imagine him even attempting to mimic another voice

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
I'll have you know he meant to bellow out "i'm rishbish" on that stage and you're simply too plebeian to understand his wit :smug:

god that felt awful to type

Kale
May 14, 2010

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I'll have you know he meant to bellow out "i'm rishbish" on that stage and you're simply too plebeian to understand his wit :smug:

How owned must Jeffries feel right now. :lol:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Piell posted:

You know, for a guy who calls himself "Mr. Tweets", he sure sucks at the thing he decided to name himself...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sockser posted:

Elon: YEAH BABY

Twitter employee: *quickly checks archive.org on phone* le epic bacon, sir.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I'm still curious what Elon's plan was on that stage. Did he have a couple of minutes of material he wanted to try out? Was he going to improvise some crowd work?

What was the plan, Elon?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Offler posted:

I'm still curious what Elon's plan was on that stage. Did he have a couple of minutes of material he wanted to try out? Was he going to improvise some crowd work?

What was the plan, Elon?

Just wanted to listen to people cheer him.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

CitizenKain posted:

Just wanted to listen to people cheer him.

I heard 90% of people were cheering him (in between all the fights)

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Bright Bart posted:

Hahaha. "P" numbers.

But how do we measure hazard given time is actually continuous? In their seminal paper, Cox & Box (1976) unveiled the continuous-time hazard model. What a pair!

You ! Back of the class! Do you have something you'd like to share with the rest of us? Perhaps you have some insight into the continuous time hazard model? Surely you weren't making fun of my good friends, Cox......and Box?!

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Piell posted:

What's up dog

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Piell posted:

Honestly I feel like I’m missing something here. Isn’t the whole point of the “that’s what she said” line that it is something seemingly innocuous that takes on a different (usually sexual) meaning if you imagine it said by a woman talking to a man? How does anything in the OP fit that joke structure? It’s so bafflingly unfunny that it makes me thing I have been misunderstanding the line for my whole life…

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Scientastic posted:

Honestly I feel like I’m missing something here. Isn’t the whole point of the “that’s what she said” line that it is something seemingly innocuous that takes on a different (usually sexual) meaning if you imagine it said by a woman talking to a man? How does anything in the OP fit that joke structure? It’s so bafflingly unfunny that it makes me thing I have been misunderstanding the line for my whole life…

Careful, this is the thought process that leads you into becoming an Elon stan

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Most divorced man in the world attempts a joke.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Scientastic posted:

Elon dumb.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

is elon so out of touch?

no, it's my understanding of the very concept of a joke that's wrong

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Data Graham posted:

Careful, this is the thought process that leads you into becoming an Elon stan

Don’t worry, Occam’s Razor helped:

kazil posted:

Elon dumb.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Scientastic posted:

By now you've probably concluded that Elon saw the word "hard" and attempted a spectacularly failed "that's what she said" joke. So you're not missing something, Elon is just even worse at telling jokes than you thought.

Then a new challenger appears:
https://twitter.com/MrTooDamnChris/status/1638956701125582853?t=

So now there's a guy who sees not a joke, but a comeback. One of the best comebacks ever, in fact. This is where I'm starting to smell burnt toast and my vision begins to blur.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

I thought you were suppose to seek medical attention at fevers 101 or higher, is the new standard higher?

That's old numbers for recommendation and generally good advice, but the only number considered important in terms of fever is 106°F(41.1°C) as that's the "your body is cooking/disassembling from the heat" number and they probably have to stick you on ice to get it down.

COVID19 loving up the hospital admissions really did a fucky wucky on the standards and margins for home care, as well as emergency admissions with regards to fevers.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at america's lovely capitalist hellscap system making it so "yo only come just before you die"

(also never mind that people are STILL under equipped and dont have a proper body thermometer)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Twitter keeps advertising a fancy collapsible riot baton to me. My last one broke while playing ninja, will this one allow me to play ninja more aggressively without bending it?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Offler posted:

So now there's a guy who sees not a joke, but a comeback. One of the best comebacks ever, in fact. This is where I'm starting to smell burnt toast and my vision begins to blur.
Comeback to what?! I feel like I'm going mad :psypop: