Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

The number of paranormal youtubers who cannot recognize a mountain lion cry and conclude there is a rash of screaming ghosts is very funny.

Add in foxes, rabbits and basically every small forest animal too. So much ghost and cryptid stuff is ruined if you have any knowledge of the woods.

There was one regular show called Blind Frog Ranch that just fell apart for me when they started freaking out about finding a headless deer body on their property. And it's like, yeah, that's not uncommon for a lot of predators and you live way in the middle of loving nowhere so...probably that rather than interdimensional aliens mercing some deer.

Or every bigfoot related thing that's just people freaking out about woods noises (not counting the faked ones).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The number of paranormal youtubers who cannot recognize a mountain lion cry and conclude there is a rash of screaming ghosts is very funny.

oh they probably recognise it just fine, but for the content they have to pretend it's ghosts

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

repiv posted:

oh they probably recognise it just fine, but for the content they have to pretend it's ghosts

i appreciate the people talking about missing 411 like there's some secret alien bigfoot conspiracy when all the "signs" are basically "THE MISSING PERSON DROWNED OR FELL OFF A CLIFF YOU DOOFUS"

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Arivia posted:

i appreciate the people talking about missing 411 like there's some secret alien bigfoot conspiracy when all the "signs" are basically "THE MISSING PERSON DROWNED OR FELL OFF A CLIFF YOU DOOFUS"

But they searched the area! And searches never miss bodies, I shout as I do no research on searches or hypothermia behavior. Which is a shame since a lot of park stuff can be creepy or suspicious, but it's always got to be a big conspiracy.

Podcasts and not YouTube, but I was really disappointed that the normally great Casefile podcast was tied in with a Spotify exclusive thing called the Labyrinth. Which was about a woman going missing at a camp site and they basically just insisted that her family had killed her with no evidence. And plenty of evidence that she just wandered off, slipped and fell to her death. The whole thing hinged on "but her mother said she was only out of her sight for a minute, and how far can someone walk in a minute!"

I occasionally like to watch John Wolfe's stuff, since that's about the only game in town for horror games where the person isn't screaming their head off. I second-screened a long Twitch VoD that was him reacting and debunking one of those Top 20 Scariest Videos That Prove Ghosts Are Real! It was kind of painful to see something like 20 million views on a YouTuber just gathering up the laziest and most obvious hoax videos and putting them into a compilation with filler commentary. And how many people thought they were real.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
You want to write a hosed up video about a creepy campsite thing, talk about the Girl Scout killer. Now that's hosed up and scary.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arivia posted:

It's like "WHAT HAPPENED TO ROANOKE?" And the answer's "I dunno, ask all those strangely pale Native Americans."

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNFxrTMczA

zhc crafts going in on watercolors, nice change up from the usual. really popping off lately and this is another banger, michelle kills it imho and is robbed, but all of them doing a great job tbh.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I liked Barely Sociable's videos but they made a full conspiracy theory mode video about the music industry killing off artists with overdoses including Prince and Michael Jackson. It wouldn't surprise me if it happened at one point, but the dude was acting if it was a widespread and common thing. The main evidence they provided was a possible motive.

It was supposed to be a multi-part series, but they must have gotten pushback because they haven't uploaded any more videos.

Haha I'm going to have to watch that one now to see what it's like. I haven't paid attention to his most recent few videos because I tend to take breaks after watching him starts poisoning my youtube video recs. Sucks touching anything spooky or true crime related is an immediate crap funnel.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
Dragonball owns btw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lady Radia posted:

Dragonball owns btw

:hai:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
bigfoot is real

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

bigfoot is real

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dragon Ball is pretty okay, but do you know what really rules?

Dr. Slump.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

bigfoot is real and he also thinks dragon ball owns

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The One Piece is real.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Leon Massey made a pretty good video on video game perspectives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnJtvMvN2fw

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

bigfoot is real

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZFmB0z94Y
Idiot Youtube Kingpin Underpays and Mistreats Employees, What Happens Next is Shocking

e: wtf he fuckin method act wields a real knife at one of his actresses, which traumatized her, and then the studio ignored her complaints

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 24, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hey did you know Yuzo Koshiro has a Youtube channel?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Add in foxes, rabbits and basically every small forest animal too. So much ghost and cryptid stuff is ruined if you have any knowledge of the woods.

I still want to know the statistics on how many cryptids are explained away with just "some yokel saw an owl once".

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

I still want to know the statistics on how many cryptids are explained away with just "some yokel saw an owl once".

Being as yokels are *from* the countryside, presumably very few. Unless they were very drunk.

However, "hosed up monster because a crow or raven decided to be funny" is a higher number. Especially those forests where ravens have gotten pretty good a mimicing human voices, and randomly chant "hello!" in different voices.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

mothman is real and he plays mario kart with tilt controls

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

mothman is real and he plays mario kart with tilt controls

Mothman also has no chill at all

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

West Virginians are just the only people able to see owls fork the extradimensional monsters they really are.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

West Virginians are just the only people able to see owls fork the extradimensional monsters they really are.

This did remind me of my favorite wild theory that actually the Missing 411 are because Great Horned Owls are just loving people up left and right but they're smart enough to only hunt solitary hikers so we don't know how aggressive they are.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Twincityhacker posted:

Being as yokels are *from* the countryside, presumably very few. Unless they were very drunk.

However, "hosed up monster because a crow or raven decided to be funny" is a higher number. Especially those forests where ravens have gotten pretty good a mimicing human voices, and randomly chant "hello!" in different voices.

I can remember at least one article debunking cryptid stories that was "be drunk in mid 20th century Kentucky(?) and look at an owl".

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Seanbaby’s podcast has a decent amount of episodes on Bigfoot hunting shows, and it’s kind of funny how many of the people on them claim to either personally lost a fight with Bigfoot, or have had a family member killed by Bigfoot.

And how there are wars between the Bigfoot shows

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mothman is real bigfoot is real... the loch ness mosnter is not real

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mothman is real bigfoot is real... the loch ness mosnter is not real

How dare you say Nessie isn't real just because she's a dinosaur ghost.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I got three fifty here that says the loch ness monster is real

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ogopogo is real

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you better believe the Jersey Devil exists

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ogopogo is real

but not the loch ness monster

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bobjr posted:

Seanbaby’s podcast has a decent amount of episodes on Bigfoot hunting shows, and it’s kind of funny how many of the people on them claim to either personally lost a fight with Bigfoot, or have had a family member killed by Bigfoot.

Excited to know that Seanbaby has used the term 'Bigfoot karate' at least once.

In more sobering news:

https://twitter.com/pop_arena/status/1639384776800092160

I'm not sure what PA is talking about the thread is not cheery. They're not in a great place at the moment.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

but not the loch ness monster

My YGO cards say otherwise

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

DeafNote posted:

My YGO cards say otherwise
Danger Nessie shares an environment with Bigfoot, Dogman, and Mothman. Meaning it is a North American cryptid, and thus actually a Champ.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Dawgstar posted:

Excited to know that Seanbaby has used the term 'Bigfoot karate' at least once.

In more sobering news:

https://twitter.com/pop_arena/status/1639384776800092160

I'm not sure what PA is talking about the thread is not cheery. They're not in a great place at the moment.

I think its this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BDHaTxUUx0

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/pop_arena/status/1639273498492190721?s=46&t=m6fGiglUP1-mz5m0sRqpiw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That sucks. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ogopogo is real

Champ is a picture of a log. Nessie is a toy submarine with a head made from plastic wood.

Ogopogo is a PLESIOSAUR. A loving PLESIOSAUR.