Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pirate Jet posted:

I am really not digging this phase of Nicolas Cage’s career where he embraces the memes about himself, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was execrable.

I think I would've preferred the original version of massive talent where nic cage played the fan and Pedro played nic cage the actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

duz posted:

I think I would've preferred the original version of massive talent where nic cage played the fan and Pedro played nic cage the actor.

Really? That concept sounds amazing and right up my alley. And I think those two could have played it off perfectly, whereas many many others would not.

Shame.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's not too surprising. The Stooges got a second life once they started airing the shorts on tv in syndication. If you grew up in the 60's and 70's, there's a good chance you're a fan.

My dad was a huge Stooges fan, which means I'm a huge Stooges fan. I'm trying to get my daughter into them, with mild success! I also have to be extra cautious, as she's more than willing to try and thump me, and I'd feel guilty giving her the ol' eyepoke

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hope that good burger sequel doesn't end up as bad as coming 2 America

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Hope that good burger sequel doesn't end up as bad as coming 2 America

Ask yourself how many good comedy sequels there have been, and you'll have your odds.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
The Nutty Professor 2 fills me with hope

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Leave posted:

My dad was a huge Stooges fan, which means I'm a huge Stooges fan. I'm trying to get my daughter into them, with mild success! I also have to be extra cautious, as she's more than willing to try and thump me, and I'd feel guilty giving her the ol' eyepoke

Same here. My dad loved them, and they were on TV all the time so I got to watch them. One time he had all his buddies over and they watched it until the wee hours of the morning. I got to stay up late and watch them too. It’s cool your kid likes them. I would imagine slapstick is a hard sell for kids these days.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I haven’t seen it since the 90s but I don’t remember Good Burger being much of anything

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Was Kel supposed to be a stoner or just an idiot?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Was Kel supposed to be a stoner or just an idiot?
He was stoned off of orange soda

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Reminded that the Jack Reacher movie has an action scene that's one big Three Stooges homage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FlamingLiberal posted:

I haven’t seen it since the 90s but I don’t remember Good Burger being much of anything

The myth of the good burger

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The Flash has been rated PG-13 for

quote:

sequences of violence and action, some strong language and partial nudity.

Yes, it looks like we will get flashed by The Flash

https://www.filmratings.com/search?filmTitle=The%20Flash

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
but I thought Ezra was going to be on best behavior

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Alan Smithee posted:

but I thought Ezra was going to be on best behavior

Look, do you want the entire movie to end up on the cutting room floor? It took this long just to salvage this little bit

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ezra is going to beat a whooping crane to death on the red carpet.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Same here. My dad loved them, and they were on TV all the time so I got to watch them. One time he had all his buddies over and they watched it until the wee hours of the morning. I got to stay up late and watch them too. It’s cool your kid likes them. I would imagine slapstick is a hard sell for kids these days.

I was at the MoMA in November and in one room they were screening Modern Times and a big crowd, including little kids, were watching it and enjoying it. But maybe silent comedy has it a bit easier when it comes to cross generational appeal. I think Marx brothers could still hold up.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Trailer for Tommy Wiseau’s new movie/ad for his underwear line starring the actors from his failed TV show:

https://youtu.be/_PkpUEHiefM

All I can think of is Tommy Wiseau doing his spin on Sharknado probably would have been a cult hit ten years ago, but I can’t imagine anyone caring now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Cacator posted:

I was at the MoMA in November and in one room they were screening Modern Times and a big crowd, including little kids, were watching it and enjoying it. But maybe silent comedy has it a bit easier when it comes to cross generational appeal. I think Marx brothers could still hold up.

That's awesome. There's a very short list of things that have true cross-cross-cross-generational appeal and I'm not surprised Marx brothers is on the list.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Chairman Capone posted:

Trailer for Tommy Wiseau’s new movie/ad for his underwear line starring the actors from his failed TV show:

All I can think of is Tommy Wiseau doing his spin on Sharknado probably would have been a cult hit ten years ago, but I can’t imagine anyone caring now.
I love The Room and movies set in New Orleans, but the effects in this trailer look Birdemic-quality. No thanks.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Neil Breen had an obligatory “I bought a drone!” movie and now I guess it’s Wiseau’s turn

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chairman Capone posted:

That is the most headache inducingly awful trailer and it's not even funny ):

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

tommy should not be trying to be funny. He should be told he's making the great american novel but movie and then made to fund it out of pocket with a promise of oscar nomination

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Renfield looks like fun, and I think the group therapy angle could be really interesting.

Tommy Wiseau should probably be in jail.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

well why not posted:

Renfield looks like fun, and I think the group therapy angle could be really interesting.

I think the trailer already spoilered that Dracula is going to come in and kills the group, so I dunno how big a role they play. Looks more like a one-scene gag to me.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

well why not posted:

Tommy Wiseau should probably be in jail.

On what charges?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I didn’t find out about The Room till about 10 years ago. How I found out was tuning into Adult Swim on April Fool’s Day just in time to catch the sex scene.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Vandar posted:

On what charges?

I'm mostly joking. His financial situation is dubious and he's a big creep for writing The Room, but I'm not sure he's done anything outright illegal. That is, if he's not actually DB Cooper.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

I didn’t find out about The Room till about 10 years ago. How I found out was tuning into Adult Swim on April Fool’s Day just in time to catch the sex scene.

I think that's actually how a lot of people first found out about it. That's how I did.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Alan Smithee posted:

tommy should not be trying to be funny. He should be told he's making the great american novel but movie and then made to fund it out of pocket with a promise of oscar nomination

Wrong, he should be given $150m by Netflix and then a fully-supported Oscars campaign

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I think that's actually how a lot of people first found out about it. That's how I did.

God, I remember my younger self being so confused and going to the Adult Swim forums (lol) which was just full of confused threads and like 10 people trying to explain The Room.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

I first found out about it from the Tim and Eric episode and initially assuming it was a fake movie they invented for the show.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That's pretty much how it got wide exposure isn't? For a while it was just Rocky Horror style midnight theater movie in L.A. and Tim and Eric got so into it they had Tommy guest on their show turned their Adult Swim contacts onto it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

There’s also the fact that right after its Tim and Eric/Adult Swim debut, it both became available on Netflix and RiffTrax covered it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I think Rifftrax was well after it got a cult following

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah I remember seeing it around when I was in college in the mid 00s so it was definitely making the rounds not too long after it came out. Makes sense because he kept that billboard up for so long. I remember being surprised at how long it took Rifftrax to get to it and being let down in some ways by the Riff (didn't they redo it later on or something though?)

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Tommy Wiseau has been in on the joke for years. There’s no way Big Shark will even be so bad it’s good, he’s too self-aware.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I honestly haven't done Rifftrax in a while, once they started putting the off brand comedy crews front and center

didn't help when Mike's politics really started to suck (though Bill seems alright)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Alan Smithee posted:

I honestly haven't done Rifftrax in a while, once they started putting the off brand comedy crews front and center

didn't help when Mike's politics really started to suck (though Bill seems alright)

I didn't even realize, I thought they had gotten better since the anti-Asian American jokes from the earlier ones seemed to go away as seasons (?) went on. I'm way out of the loop on that stuff though.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I learned about Big Shark by seeing the new poster elsewhere:

:lol: it's gonna be a piece of poo poo