Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I blame Provorov for all of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

shyduck posted:

I blame Provorov for all of this

Torts publicly backed his decision, which honestly may have been worse because it put a bigger spotlight on the players opting out instead of the event itself. Now it almost feels like they are using it as a stage to spout their stupid opinions.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Very funny that the NHL’s stance is that Russia is making them cancel pride nights meanwhile the majority of players sounding off about it are idiot canadian farm boys

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Eric Staal didn't forget poo poo, he just feels emboldened now.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Eric Staal didn't forget poo poo, he just feels emboldened now.

Permission structure is a helluva drug.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

They play for Paul Maurice, how are they not noticing they are already in hell?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Idk if using a gif with the guy that did mega blackface is ideal either

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

maybe thunder bay is the good place?

sike it's worse than winnipeg

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
The Eric Staal one hits weird. Eric Staal was a superstar for my local Peterborough Petes when I was like 13, and as a kid without money or talent, he was everything I thought I wanted to be at the time...

The Thunderbirds tweet is encouraging. Seems like the next generation will be better than us.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not me, I’m already the best.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I loving hate the Philadelphia Flyers

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

One time we saw Marc Staal outside MSG after a game and ppl starting surrounding him for autographs and my buddy very drunkingly yelled “who gives a gently caress your no Wayne Gretzky” at him and now I’m very proud of that moment. gently caress that pylon!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the Bruins win even when they play like poo poo. I think they also clinched the Atlantic tonight

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You know it’s gonna be a long loving night when this is the first goal you let in.

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1639046948807139328?s=20

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Ehhhhh

I'm glad some teams are sort of stepping up but I would really like to see people (this goes for the Panthers' statement too) not make excuses for bigots. No, homophobia isn't "an opinion", and people actually are not entitled to such beliefs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1639057763467657226?s=20

Hip checks are best checks.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

triple sulk posted:

I loving hate the Philadelphia Flyers

They hate you too.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams
The NHL needs to step in and mandate if they are going to have an inclusivity policy all teams and players have to opt in and the NHLPA also needs to loving step up and cooperate. If anything these players are being given a platform to spread hateful beliefs while the league is silent or at best mealy mouthed. Just loving abandon the policy if you're just going to do nothing about it and dither in your centrist response (neutrality rewards the oppressor). If you were an employee of a major corporation with an inclusivity policy and you tweeted that gay was a choice you'd get terminated for gently caress's sake. Let retirement be the only way these assholes get out of wearing a jersey. gently caress them.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I'm going with the NHL nor the PA will do anything. There will probably be some shrugs. I also don't think your corporate example holds up either, but probably depends on a whole pile of stuff.

Point being it sucks and it isn't surprising and pretty NHL. Again we focus on Provorov and Torts but Dolan seems to have unilaterally nuked the Rangers one... which, of course, means ownership tacitly supports these views and good luck with overcoming that.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Huggybear posted:

The NHL needs to step in and mandate if they are going to have an inclusivity policy all teams and players have to opt in and the NHLPA also needs to loving step up and cooperate. If anything these players are being given a platform to spread hateful beliefs while the league is silent or at best mealy mouthed. Just loving abandon the policy if you're just going to do nothing about it and dither in your centrist response (neutrality rewards the oppressor). If you were an employee of a major corporation with an inclusivity policy and you tweeted that gay was a choice you'd get terminated for gently caress's sake. Let retirement be the only way these assholes get out of wearing a jersey. gently caress them.

Yeah, this.

Like the point of pride initiatives is to make a big show of "it's okay to be yourself and everyone supports you." Having even one person say "no, I don't" undermines the whole thing. It only shows that hate is acceptable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cartoon Man posted:

You know it’s gonna be a long loving night when this is the first goal you let in.

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1639046948807139328?s=20

:smith: dobby

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Eric the Mauve posted:

They hate you too.

Didn't know TS was gay.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the Bruins win even when they play like poo poo. I think they also clinched the Atlantic tonight

I'm happy. I thought it was a good old rivalry game where the habs looked decent without hurting their lottery chances.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I'm happy. I thought it was a good old rivalry game where the habs looked decent without hurting their lottery chances.

the Canadiens looked pretty good actually. If they get one of the top 4 guys this year they'll be pretty formidable in a few years.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
So, the Predators are 3 points back of a playoff spot with 2 games in hand on the Jets. What do people think about their chances to make it? Seems wild after all the selling off they did at the deadline to think they're this close.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/rinkside/status/1639088139963715585?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

So hilarious to me that in likely their last year in the NHL these idiots decide to torpedo any goodwill they built up over a decade+ all because they didn’t wanna wear a rainbow jersey for a 10 minute warm-up lol

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Technically not yet. Magic number down to 2 or 3 for the division and 10 or 11 1st overall. Not sure how the tiebreak scenarios would work but I'd guess the Bruins win those.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tcote/status/1639091386480988161?s=20

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tonight’s jerseys mysteriously aren’t on the auction anymore, not sure if they ever were but presumably it would’ve been noticed before. So now they’re actively taking money from charities because they’re so afraid of someone owning a pride jersey with their names on the back that weren’t ever worn.

Durr Kommissar
Jan 25, 2010
Your average mouthbreathing NHL fan is already in the comments section of any given article about this saying poo poo like “WELL WHY DON’T WE HAVE A NAZI APPRECIATION NIGHT WHILE WE’RE AT IT, THEY DESERVE TO FEEL WELCOME TOO” in response to all this.

This poo poo is never going to go away and it loving sucks. I guess I could have kept this short and have just echoed “gently caress the flyers” for really making this the carte blanche response for every future Pride event but yeah, I’m just a lil more wound up bc a transgender boy in my wife’s former school district just killed himself after the school refused to acknowledge his transition/the bullying he had to deal with, and used quotes around his chosen name.

Durr Kommissar fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 24, 2023

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

pseudodragon posted:

Technically not yet. Magic number down to 2 or 3 for the division and 10 or 11 1st overall. Not sure how the tiebreak scenarios would work but I'd guess the Bruins win those.

Yea I think they needed to win and for Toronto to lose in regulation as well. As it is now, Toronto could conceivably still win the division if they go 11-0-0 down the stretch and Boston goes 0-11-0

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Pungry posted:

So, the Predators are 3 points back of a playoff spot with 2 games in hand on the Jets. What do people think about their chances to make it? Seems wild after all the selling off they did at the deadline to think they're this close.

It was talked about a few days ago, but most of the contenders in the west have pretty light schedules down the home stretch, whereas Nashville's is absolutely brutal. Fair play to them if they make it in, but it looks really unlikely.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Durr Kommissar posted:

Your average mouthbreathing NHL fan is already in the comments section of any given article about this saying poo poo like “WELL WHY DON’T WE HAVE A NAZI APPRECIATION NIGHT WHILE WE’RE AT IT, THEY DESERVE TO FEEL WELCOME TOO” in response to all this.

This poo poo is never going to go away and it loving sucks. I guess I could have kept this short and have just echoed “gently caress the flyers” for really making this the carte blanche response for every future Pride event but yeah, I’m just a lil more wound up bc a transgender boy in my wife’s former school district just killed himself after the school refused to acknowledge his transition/the bullying he had to deal with, and used quotes around his chosen name.

That’s loving awful and I’m sorry to hear that.

And yeah this poo poo all sucks.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
John Garrett announced he's retiring... :(

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

For sale: rainbow jersey, never worn.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

heehee posted:

Yeah I'm gutted about this. Just another thing of the past era of the canucks ending with this season.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

heehee posted:

One of the few good things left about that team. What a shame :(

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

eXXon posted:

For sale: rainbow jersey, never worn.

lmao

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

heehee posted:

I didn't know this season could get any worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

I didn't know this season could get any worse

when they announce Kevin Bieksa as his replacement, will that be better or worse