Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Nice to see that the Knicks are back to being The Knicks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/hornets/status/1639089555847647232?s=46&t=3d9JmXOJWgE8nozHLwUyjQ

Sim to end sim to end sim to end

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
cavs by the skin of their teeth but ill take it i need my boys to have all the confidence they can get

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1639087995671433217?t=xx1ASaLfWaKxUxCI_GeLVQ&s=19

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

These jerseys are so bad, I reflexively wince whenever I see one, which fortunately is a rare occurrence

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Seams posted:

Do you think the MVP should be voted on using strict criteria or not because the way it currently works generates content.

I wish we could trade some mvp content for any other award content

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Mvp argument is for national media losers trying to force a narrative. If you watch games you can just enjoy the game itself

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
any given year there are like 3-4 players where if they won, it's whatever

Like if Jokic, Reaves, Giannis, or Embiid, won it this year It'd be understandable.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I bet if you sum up awards talk on popular nba podcasts over the whole year it's 30% at least and I hate all of it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's why the key is just generally finding a good set of local podcasters/#contentcreators/writers, who just talk ball.

and just laugh at the MVP talk for what it is, casual bait to try and get people who aren't deep in this poo poo, engaging on a fandom/tribalism level.

There is nothing on the major podcasts/shows that won't get disseminated out via twitter, or in writing elsewhere. None of the major shows do anything for me really.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm not the biggest Jimmy stan but I am the biggest Randle hater

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1638720913352069120

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Jimmy went Culkin Mode

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Dexo posted:

It's why the key is just generally finding a good set of local podcasters/#contentcreators/writers, who just talk ball.

and just laugh at the MVP talk for what it is, casual bait to try and get people who aren't deep in this poo poo, engaging on a fandom/tribalism level.

There is nothing on the major podcasts/shows that won't get disseminated out via twitter, or in writing elsewhere. None of the major shows do anything for me really.

I just talk ball with the posters, simple as.

My friend had me listen to a Bill Simmons thing and I got brain damage.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

I recommend same vecenies show on the athletic. Although I guess that’s kind of niche not really a national show per se Is at least half of the time you’re focusing on prospects and college

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Dejan Bimble posted:

Whats going to happen to clippers seeding?

Weirdly enough they will probably play BETTER without PG. They seem to play better when missing players (other than Kawhi) cause they have way too many guys and Ty Lue is forced to keep the rotations tighter.

I’m pretty sure the Clippers curse will find a way to ensure that, no matter what happens, they will face Phoenix first, with a refreshed KD. If they somehow manage to get through them, they will face the Nuggets, who they have never won a game against.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Aye the West Playin picture is loving wild. ~2 games seperate 6 and 12.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is he the CLT Commander?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm not the biggest Jimmy stan but I am the biggest Randle hater

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1638720913352069120

i am the biggest jimmy stan

that rules

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Dexo posted:

what are some good nba podcasts?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Rick's

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Seams posted:

what are some good nba podcasts?

TrueHoop

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
CotY: Mike Brown
CPotY: Fox
All others: who cares

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Sixth Man of the Year: The Beam

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

i am the biggest jimmy stan

fight me

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Telluric Whistler posted:

I just talk ball with the posters, simple as.

My friend had me listen to a Bill Simmons thing and I got brain damage.

Bill Simmons is strictly for hate listening after your team beats the Celtics

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/jesse_history/status/1638542819533922306

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Red Rox posted:

Sixth Man of the Year: The Beam

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The only one I listen to, tbh.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I listen to the Lowe Post and skip the ones where he's interviewing a non-media person.
I listen to the free Dunc'd On pods which include a lot of accounting nerds that many people can't stand.
I listen to Thinking Basketball.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I like watching thinking basketball's game videos but their podcast is two guys saying percentages for 60 minutes.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I listen to a lot of podcasts and youtubers and they all suck. The only one I would recommend is Jason Timpf on youtube. He's laker/warrior biased but he does a good job talking about actual basketball skill and strategy as a self-admitted almost made it type of guy that's really bitter about it and thinks he knows better than real coaches.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The only bball pod I can make it through is The Timeline

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Sam vecenie pod is always good but is prospect centric
Anything with mark schindler including tag the roll a very unprofessional but thorough prospect pod
Lowe post but prepare to be annoyed
Nerder she wrote under athletic feed but its rare since partnow went over to the ninety nine dollars a week duncd on feed

Windhorst mcmahon and bontemps pod is okay
Andrew speers and schlect Saturday slam and jam is my favorite, on athletic nba podcast feed

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
And ricks obviously

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bismack Billabongo posted:

And ricks obviously

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Evan Mobley for Defensive Player of the Year.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It requires a paid sub but Greatest of All Talk is a decent NBA pod.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

temple posted:

I listen to a lot of podcasts and youtubers and they all suck. The only one I would recommend is Jason Timpf on youtube. He's laker/warrior biased but he does a good job talking about actual basketball skill and strategy as a self-admitted almost made it type of guy that's really bitter about it and thinks he knows better than real coaches.

I like him too, though don't find him to be quite that bad re: bitterness. At least he's pretty upfront with "I cover the Lakers/Warriors disproportionately because those videos do better, and this is a business."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I like him too, though don't find him to be quite that bad re: bitterness. At least he's pretty upfront with "I cover the Lakers/Warriors disproportionately because those videos do better, and this is a business."
I'm just joking.