Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

zone posted:

Koreans and Japanese seem to have the school lunch practically down to a science. I don't know why others can't take lessons from their examples.

Because it costs money and schools are notoriously underfunded in the US. And a lot of school lunches are the only solid meal an unfortunate kid might have in their day. So the shittiness of the whole situation makes me very mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Because it costs money and schools are notoriously underfunded in the US. And a lot of school lunches are the only solid meal an unfortunate kid might have in their day. So the shittiness of the whole situation makes me very mad.

Yeah, that's true. And funding issues haven't really got better in a long time.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
public school food is about on the level of prison food, which is itself a form of cruel and unusual punishment. sometimes the same contractors provide the food for both.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

uber_stoat posted:

public school food is about on the level of prison food, which is itself a form of cruel and unusual punishment. sometimes the same contractors provide the food for both.

That's where we're going.

:patriot:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

I think this might be a taco pizza. I'm pretty sure the olive on the right is sitting on crust.

Ah, you're right. Lol at this pizza of nachos that seems to consist of lettuce and tomato and perhaps sour cream on the lower layer, topped with doritos and unopened packets of sauce

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Taco pizza rules but you have to add sour cream

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The swastika one is such a paradox, because it's perfectly viable and edible as pizza, but it is evil, so how do you deal with it?

Hey it's a pepperon pizza.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Eat it with extreme prejudice?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

SlothfulCobra posted:

The swastika one is such a paradox, because it's perfectly viable and edible as pizza, but it is evil, so how do you deal with it?

I don't think it's going to magically turn you into a Nazi by eating it so go hog wild and chew that poo poo up like a beast. That said the person who ordered it might actually be one so be on guard and maybe ask yourself why you're hanging around that person who ordered it.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Swastika Pizza is not even facing the Nazi direction so it's totally okay to eat tbh. Put it the other way though and whoever makes it should be fired

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

just rotate it 45 degrees. now it's a buddhist pizza

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Either hack it into pieces with a big knife. Or hang it upside down, over your mouth. Or even both.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rs1gudLoob1s1ddrj.mp4

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:lol:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

deep dish peat moss posted:

Basically if you are a restaurant owner and photography is not your passion hobby, do not photograph your own food yourself.

The worst thing about those pizza photos is the shallow depth-of-field. You're not shooting a macro, or some art school bullshit to show off your lens' beautiful bokeh. I want to see the whole pizza.

Late to this one as well, but I would definitely eat the pickle/jalapeņo/corn pizza.

I really miss being able to get this high.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mister Speaker posted:

I really miss being able to get this high.

:same:

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

davidspackage posted:

Cheese pizza with far right pepperoni.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Our state public school education system and my school at the time was pretty good too. We did a lot of national stuff and won awards regarding our theater, band, and choir (me). WI used to be quite high on the best education lists before Walker.

No idea why school lunches are just flat out offensive.

I remember competing against Wisconsin schools in national music stuff when I was in high school. I remember them being very talented and friendly. And they laughed at our accents (Massachusetts North shore) and asked if we were British.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

dinahmoe posted:

I remember competing against Wisconsin schools in national music stuff when I was in high school. I remember them being very talented and friendly. And they laughed at our accents (Massachusetts North shore) and asked if we were British.

As far as I know Wisconsinites travel well (we did in school at least). Very polite, friendly, and respectful. Not even typical midwest. Almost every day if I go to the gas station or any store either I will hold a door for someone or they will hold it for me.

We were a bit insular at the time but meeting people from other areas of the country was exciting and fun. :)

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Porfiriato posted:

"Do not, I said DO NOT get any of the loose corn on the half with the hardboiled egg slices. This is very important."

Gimme 'dat loose corn.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/_mrpussy/status/1639741449959874561

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Any bets on how long the guy who got this suggestion approved is gonna keep his job?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
When I make za at home I pile on as much arugala as it can hold. There is no such thing as too much spicy arugala.

Cilantro though I dunno. I don't think it is something you want so much of whole due to its texture.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

other people posted:

Cilantro though I dunno. I don't think it is something you want so much of whole due to its texture.

The non leaf stems?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

zone posted:

Any bets on how long the guy who got this suggestion approved is gonna keep his job?

dude's getting a raise off this one

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

zone posted:

Not long because he's gonna be head hunted by another fast food chain for how good he is at his job

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Love buying a container of nice looking arugula from the store and opening it the immediately and it already stinks like rear end from being left at ambient room temperature for five minutes during transport somewhere from the farm to the store

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I get Jamie Oliver angry when it comes to school lunches and the poo poo pizza I ate almost every loving day.

Basically this but without any fruits or vegetables and just fries. Served in one of those paper trays that you get poo poo in at a bowling alley or a food court.

I have no nostalgia for this and spit on those who do!

edit: btw I just searched for "american school lunch pizza" and this was one of the first.

I love that the public school pizza rectangle is so iconic it got a shout-out on Homestar Runner

https://homestarrunner.com/toons/issue-8

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd rather eat that pizza than have to watch whatever the hell that was again.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I'd rather eat that pizza than have to watch half of whatever the hell that was again.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I admit, I also didn't finish it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The source URL was enough to turn me away, tyvm

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

I get Jamie Oliver angry when it comes to school lunches and the poo poo pizza I ate almost every loving day.

Basically this but without any fruits or vegetables and just fries. Served in one of those paper trays that you get poo poo in at a bowling alley or a food court.

I have no nostalgia for this and spit on those who do!

edit: btw I just searched for "american school lunch pizza" and this was one of the first.

*serves kids boiled mush vegetables and sour apples*
*doesn't understand why so many kids grow up to be adults that won't touch fruits and vegetables*

seriously though, that lunch looks completely unappetizing and should be considered child abuse

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Soul Dentist posted:

Yo what the gently caress is this shameful bullshit, mods ban these morons

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The_Franz posted:

*doesn't understand why so many kids grow up to be adults that won't touch fruits and vegetables*

seriously though, that lunch looks completely unappetizing and should be considered child abuse

:patriot:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Back in the late '80s, my Grandma used to cook a type of really cheap, tiny fresh pizza that was common in Ireland at the time.
It was the plainest of pizza - bread, thin tomato sauce, and a light sprinkling of cheese.
Being a very old lady, who was never the greatest of cooks, she cooked them under the grill, and invariably burned the cheese, just in case they'd be undercooked and poison us.
I have complicated memories of my Grandma's burned but also kind of raw, plain cheese pizzas.

They were absolutely awful, but I kind of miss them.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have fond memories of the really small circular frozen pizzas that came in a big stack. Schwann maybe? Haven't seen them in years.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SavageMessiah posted:

Yo what the gently caress is this shameful bullshit, mods ban these morons

Seriously what the hell. Is everybody too old all of a sudden or too young

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Soul Dentist posted:

This is your loving internet heritage, you goddamn philistines.

https://homestarrunner.com/sbemails/179-pizza-joint

The_Franz posted:

Nothing on that plate has been boiled and granny smiths are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ jesus christ that did not help your case.

Data Graham posted:

Seriously what the hell. Is everybody too old all of a sudden or too young

I don't know what homestarrunner is.

I saw a clip that was terrible and based my opinion on that.

Am I supposed to like this unfunny trash or something? Did I miss something? Is it a childhood thing?

Either way, I don't care. It was stupid. Sorry about that. :(