Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So I've decided I need a break from Sifu and got Tunic.

I got to the final boss on Sifu and I'm just beating my head against a wall with him. I think I may able to do it. I was able to do all the others, but the practice that is going to take is beyond my threshold of patience at the moment. Sifu is otherwise a brilliant beat 'em up and game in general. It's incredibly stylish and the level designs is just incredibly artistic (esp. lvl 3 wow!). You really feel like a kung-fu master and when you really get into the flow, weaving your way through mooks is incredibly satisfying. The bosses aren't bad, but I'm not good enough for them to not be dodging waiting for an opening. It's a hard game and the combat requires thought in the way it does in Dark Souls, but it's incredibly satisfying. I feel a bit bad for more or less throwing in the towel regarding the final boss, but I just need to cool off and come back to it.

Having started Tunic, I'm not sure if this was the best game to let me just be a bit brain-dead with but it's certainly interesting. I started by exploring far and wide and not really getting very far I've begun to follow the "guide" in the game's manual which is working out pretty well for me. A lot of the game mechanics aren't clear but I'm experimenting and seeing what works. Definitely a neat game.

This are going well enough with Omori with the game world finally opening up in a big way, it would seem after the prologue. Going to keep plugging away at that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
pokemon violet is epic god drat win

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

pokemon violet is epic god drat win

I simply cannot agree when Scarlet is far superior.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So I've decided I need a break from Sifu and got Tunic.

Sifu is so drat good and everything you said about it is right. Sometimes a break is all you need to get over a hump. Good luck!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have Tunic on Xbox and Steam and played about an hour. I like it. I ordered the hardcover instruction manual from Fangamer and will continue the game when that comes in next month.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/mariobrothblog/status/1638916218257125376?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

Good lord.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm not high enough for knowledge like this

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

JazzFlight posted:

I'm sorry if this was discussed before, but I just recently saw this video/news about some WiiU units possibly failing due to their NAND flash memory running out of charge because it used cheap components.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHME4zLs6Qs

Of course, it makes me worry about my WiiU in storage right now. However, the video brings up another concern that makes we worry about my Switch/3DS cartridge collection. Could these carts really only have a lifetime of like 20 years?
I remember seeing a few videos a couple years ago about the threat of "disc rot" which made me worry for my CD/DVD-based collection, but that seemed overblown.

I know it's a ten day old post, but does the 3DS and Switch use NAND flash memory as well?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

3DS definitely does, but I haven't heard anything about failure there.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

EvilJoven posted:

I'm torn between 'entire mountain to play on' SSX or 'specially designed courses each with their own awesome vibe' SSX but either way yes bring back SSX.

IMO SSX was at its best when it put you on insane courses that would never work in real life. I want to grind railroad tracks and race down giant snowy pinball tables again!

e: I want the Saints Row experience where they lean into the craziness, not another generic boring snow sports simulator.

Azathoth Prime fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 24, 2023

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

Azathoth Prime posted:

IMO SSX was at its best when it put you on insane courses that would never work in real life. I want to grind railroad tracks and race down giant snowy pinball tables again!

e: I want the Saints Row experience where they lean into the craziness, not another generic boring snow sports simulator.

Yeah, 100%. SSX is at it's best when it's entirely divorced from anything resembling real physics.

Willo567 posted:

I know it's a ten day old post, but does the 3DS and Switch use NAND flash memory as well?

literally every device uses NAND flash nowadays. The problem in the video will eventually happen to all of it, but it's supposed to happen on a *much* longer timescale on a 'good' chip.

BadMedic fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 24, 2023

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BadMedic posted:

Yeah, 100%. SSX is at it's best when it's entirely divorced from anything resembling real physics.

SSX 3 will always be my goat snowboard game

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

RE games on sale rn. Am I right to assume that all the cloud games are not worth playing on Switch?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
If you have the best internet available streaming is viable. If you have even the slightest hiccup, its horrid

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Who is putting the dead Marios into blocks

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ragequit posted:

Who is putting the dead Marios into blocks

Luigis

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Mushrooms grow on dead thingsMarios

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
How do we know that’s not Mario being born?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Mario is immortal because he can die a thousand deaths without ever meeting his end. Wario is immortal because he can never die at all. I hypothesize that their respective curses share a common origin, one which I can only hope will finally be explored in the gritty, story-focused Mario prequel the fans have been asking for.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I bloody love random tie-in 4-koma mangas. There's really only so many jokes you can make about a thing before you start dipping into the void for stuff like this. :allears:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How do the 1Ups get inside the Suspended Brock Blocks? What's the shelf life of a mushroom stored that way?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tried that FIFA trial and I’m actually kinda impressed. It looks pretty good for a Switch game and runs pretty well too. I’d probably be pretty happy with this if I actually liked realistic sports game.:v:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I saw the thread title and thats hosed

rox
Sep 7, 2016

who weeps for these marios

u_u

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Partitio is just the best

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The riddle in Sparks of Hope where you place the animal tokens on podiums indicating times of day is one of the worst things I've come across in a while. I thought the fox was a seahorse, the swan a duck, the bird a fish! The bird is specifically a woodpecker you're supposed to place at sunrise based on the phrase "wooden bell". But you're just supposed to know it's a woodpecker based on the little image of a bird which looks like a fish. The term woodpecker never comes up anywhere.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Charlotte's voice is really not that bad when you hear it, it's just... a little bad, with really bad subtitles.

The Trials of Mana remake was mostly pretty good; the two main problems I had with it were:

1) After a while the voice lines start repeating endlessly, especially the one where your characters repeatedly say "Man, I should spend all this MONEY I have" long after I've bought every single thing in the game".
2) The fact that the story is a perfect rendition of the original script in a totally modern engine really calls attention to the fact that the story is paper-thin (especially the way that Kevin's dad and the beast kingdom start a war and slaughter entire towns of innocent people because their feelings were bruised because other people were mean about them being seven-foot-tall gently caress-off-jacked beastmen, and then we're just kind of supposed to let them off with a warning).

I really will never forget just how much harder Belladonna's voice actress was working than was necessary—whoever it was was putting 200% effort into a 45% script.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress this poo poo

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7UK6_cVMQ0

N64 controllers in stock on the UK store for now, hurry hurry hurry:

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/en/nintendo-64-controller-for-nintendo-switch-000000000010006981

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

veni veni veni posted:

gently caress this poo poo

gently caress what poo poo? Are you trying to go up from there? Iirc, that upper part is just for the way back. I might be thinking of another part but I'm like 80% sure I'm not.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You gotta boost later than you think, if that's the part I'm thinking of. Like release the boost after the curve as you're starting to head up, instead of before the curve to speed into it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There’s a missile expansion if you make it to the top of that block and drop a bomb in the middle. Physics, amirite?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where we at on real speculation on the next switch?
Is it a clay mask you wear with haptic feedback yet?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Virtual Boy 2: Now with more than one color

dividertabs
Oct 1, 2004

Upsidads posted:

Where we at on real speculation on the next switch?
Is it a clay mask you wear with haptic feedback yet?

Finally I can know how it feels to kiss Luigi.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Switch Vitality Sensor-Con announced

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
HD Rumble+, with detached BT rumble peripherals you can sit on

for that Mario Kart racing immersion

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Bluetooth clown horn

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Want a controller that just feels like holding Mario's hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

You gotta boost later than you think, if that's the part I'm thinking of. Like release the boost after the curve as you're starting to head up, instead of before the curve to speed into it.

That's exactly what I was doing and even after like 1000 tries I was still always about an inch short of being able to roll onto the top part.