Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
If you just hit Zone 5 and you're not already nervous, I'm not sure we were reading the vibes the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

DanielCross posted:

If you just hit Zone 5 and you're not already nervous, I'm not sure we were reading the vibes the same way.

I mean, fair

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Even cute little rabbits made me tear up out of the blue

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

biceps crimes posted:

my hardest ugly cry playing ew was Urianger + Bloewyda and Wilfsunn

Yeah I had to stop for a hot minute and collect myself. It was exactly what I hoped would happen, but right up until the very moment it happened I was worried that it'd swerve another way. They played that really well.

Sunday Morning posted:

Even cute little rabbits made me tear up out of the blue

The music nostalgia hit me like a truck, but in a good way.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Urianger's arc is pretty good despite him being like a hyper-nerd. Can only understand about 2/3rds of what he says but man.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

quiggy posted:

I just hit zone 5 of Endwalker. Y'all are making me nervous.

Post your emotions to the thread, I love reliving this story vicariously

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Fond memories of the poor ESL guy who used to play FFXIV to help with his English skills and suffered 20 points of psychic damage every time Urianger spoke.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Pwnstar posted:

Fond memories of the poor ESL guy who used to play FFXIV to help with his English skills and suffered 20 points of psychic damage every time Urianger spoke.
I watched a swedish streamer yesterday going through the end of ARR, she's not good a reading english out loud she gave up midway because the cutscene dialogs for praetorium went too fast for her to keep up

Zanael fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Mar 24, 2023

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

One good thing about the lull in this expansion's postgame content is that I've cleared a ton of old stuff I'd been putting off.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yeah I did my first Dalriada last night so I'm caught up with one piece of legacy content that's taunted me for ages. Eureka will probably be more of an issue if Pagos keeps on being as inactive as it appears.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Alxprit posted:

Yeah I did my first Dalriada last night so I'm caught up with one piece of legacy content that's taunted me for ages. Eureka will probably be more of an issue if Pagos keeps on being as inactive as it appears.

There is a Discord (which I can't find right now) where people organize Eureka content groups. I can't find it but it exists!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

My dislike for CC and the fact that I really want the Alagan Melon are currently fighting an incredible battle for my attention. I'm rank 11 but even then I'm struggling to keep going.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Tekopo posted:

My dislike for CC and the fact that I really want the Alagan Melon are currently fighting an incredible battle for my attention. I'm rank 11 but even then I'm struggling to keep going.

Play Frontline and be one with the blob. Win or lose there is always the blob

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Unless you have one of those zero points teams where as soon as the whistle blows everyone just scatters to the four winds and never meets up again.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Rosalind posted:

There is a Discord (which I can't find right now) where people organize Eureka content groups. I can't find it but it exists!

https://discord.gg/thehelplines

They do Eureka stuff all the time and are constantly used to working with new folks. I got my first BA clear from one of them!

One thing that super impresses me is that for basically every piece of content there is somehow a very organized super serious group around it.

Edit: Also, I think Third Party Tools is still doing weekly Eureka runs that's a mix of farming/getting newbies up to speed. That's how I got into it in the first place!

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 24, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kwyndig posted:

Unless you have one of those zero points teams where as soon as the whistle blows everyone just scatters to the four winds and never meets up again.

It's more likely than you think!

At least I got a horse, finally. Maybe I'll unlock that 200 wins orb by the time XIV is in maintenance mode.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'll hunt down a group if I need to, but it was so much easier in Anemos to just usually have NMs around and be able to beat them up even without being in a party and get easy full contribution, so I'm not sure what changed to make them infrequent enough that I'm at risk of being kicked out of the instance for Pagos.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Alxprit posted:

I'll hunt down a group if I need to, but it was so much easier in Anemos to just usually have NMs around and be able to beat them up even without being in a party and get easy full contribution, so I'm not sure what changed to make them infrequent enough that I'm at risk of being kicked out of the instance for Pagos.

It’s presumedly because Pagos is a pain and folks don’t want to stick around if they can go on to Pyros

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

mikemil828 posted:

It’s presumedly because Pagos is a pain and folks don’t want to stick around if they can go on to Pyros

But can't I not do the weapon without killing those mobs and get locked out of forward progress anyway?

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Alxprit posted:

But can't I not do the weapon without killing those mobs and get locked out of forward progress anyway?

I am not entirely sure what you trying to say but if you are just doing Eureka’s story it is just a matter of leveling up and doing Krile’s quests when they become available the most efficient way of doing that is doing the Eureka challenge log. If you are doing the relic weapon as well, then you will need to do the Notorious Monsters, NMs usually only spawn when enough of a particular monster is killed, if no one is in the zone grinding, then no NMs spawn.

dyslexicfaser
Dec 10, 2022

Krile Krew changed discord servers, but you can probably track them down from Third Party Tools.

They're still running Eureka content on Sundays, 5pm PST.

mikemil828 posted:

Pyros and Hydatos are also the crystals you need for the Elemental Armor, and have the 'money NMs' that drop pieces for the extra Magia Board that can sell for millions of Gil.

Skoll, Ying-Yang and Lamebrix for Pyros and Ceto, Goldemar and Molech for Hydatos.

I don't remember what Pagos has in comparison, but the rare stuff from the lockboxes does sell better because it's comparatively more rare.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Pagos has crab and cassie, but it's much less interesting in terms of money mobs.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TIL the Island Sanctuary mounts play the IS theme. Nice, I'm generally sad most mounts just use the expack's generic music, while understanding it's additional cost on keeping the songs loaded. I just wish tribal mounts played the tribe's music or smth.

Also did the first step on the Splendorous tools for the plot, does it have more plot quests or can I ignore it since I don't really do that much DoL/H stuff besides tribal quests and custom deliveries?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
YoshiP is doing a PAX panel on FFXIV, so there may be some other info coming from it. I just wanted to share a few tweets I saw about it, though:
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1639315893577744384?t=ZYRHbu10I52CjGljyZhEwQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1639318541567664128?t=hU1p1V4HkK35oI3VSCCKjQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1639319665410453504?t=2WyKwstxE6WC154w0fX_Mg&s=19

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

he didn't say Dalmasca

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Nope, he did not.

He did, however, say Heart of Sabik.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1639324230381862914?t=82JXrjNHqe28-vNiCCTKxQ&s=19

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

we're so back, baby

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Now I'm going to be disappointed when we don't get a new Big Dang Tacos remix in Third Tier Panda.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hell yeah!!!

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

sabik heads stay winning

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Now I'm going to be disappointed when we don't get a new Big Dang Tacos remix in Third Tier Panda.

I think you mean beef soft tacos theme, thank you. :colbert:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The beef soft tacos! The beef soft tacos! The beef soft tacos supreme!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

IT IS AN ENIGMA EVEN THE VAUNTED SCHOLARS OF ANCIENT ALLAG FAILED TO SCRATCH

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

For twelve years you have been asking "Who is Sabik?"

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

They always ask who is sabik and not how is sabik :(

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Detheros posted:

They always ask who is sabik and not how is sabik :(

Considering Sabik's heart was ripped out and shoved in Ultima, which then exploded, probably not too good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I JUST... LOVE THE LOPORITTS SO MUCH :qq: :qq: :qq:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

I JUST... LOVE THE LOPORITTS SO MUCH :qq: :qq: :qq:

Did you just do the sworn quest? Cause that had me tearing up a bit too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did you just do the sworn quest? Cause that had me tearing up a bit too.

YES IT'S SO CUTE THEY'RE ALL SO CUTE I WANNA DIE :qq:

They also twist the knife by using Meteion's theme, which instantly gets me anytime I hear it. And then his eyes tear up. This is a profession tribe quest for the bunny people on the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm like 4 days behind :qq: