Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Wild Berry Skittles are the only palatable Skittles to me. I don’t eat them often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

didnt fox tucker do a recent bit about how cigarettes aren't actually bad for you and people should smoke to own the libs? did i fever-dream that?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Can't spell skittles without tits!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mamacita:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
not sure but you reminded me of the Tim Apple bit and I lolled

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don’t even know what’s what in the Mountain Dew world anymore tbh. I stopped drinking it when I realized it has raw vegetable oil in it, not because I had a california freakout and did a high level sociopolitical cleansing of demons and evil spirits in our food, but because it leaves that film on your tongue and you can’t taste anything but hypersalted Taco Bell with like 4 packs of hot sauce on it. I figure I have to make the best of the salt rations I have. :shrug:

I haven’t drank MT dew in about 11 years. I notice that film you mentioned in all of them. All soda is pretty gross except Diet Coke from McDonald’s cause they sprinkle fen phen in it.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Dixville posted:

There is a new proposal to outlaw the sale of foods containing Red Dye No. 3, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Bromate, Brominated Vegetable Oil, or Propyl Paraben in california.

https://ktla.com/news/california/california-bill-could-ban-the-sale-of-skittles-hot-tamales-candy-and-more/

I find it EXTREMELY ironic that california has legal recreational weed but is considering outlawing candies. Not that weed causes cancer, it's just more that they allow something that is very much forbidden in some other states but yet they're going to regulate candy.

I wonder if this actually would lead to companies removing these substances, or if they would just manufacture special california only candies.

It's similar to California's Proposition 65 regulations that say things that are "known" to cause cancer or birth defects mist be labeled as such. How they determine this when almost everything seems to be linked to cancer anymore, I have no idea. It seems like everyone just ignores the labels anyway. Pretty hard to ignore if they completely remove the products from the market.

They already have recipes for the candies without them - the EU has banned all of them in food I believe. They'll probably just switch to that. It might actually make their supply chains cheaper.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I bet enough people sent that TikTok that shows the bad stuff not allowed everywhere else to their representative

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Drone_Fragger posted:

They already have recipes for the candies without them - the EU has banned all of them in food I believe. They'll probably just switch to that. It might actually make their supply chains cheaper.

I mean like... why not just do that everywhere, now? Why use carcinogens that have alternatives that aren't cancerrific, seems like there has to be a reason. Maybe not though there's all kinds of things in the world that make no got dang sense

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
It's money

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
They should outlaw guns and make it illegal for pigs to murder/beat people and also for pigs to sell guns.

Also Chris Pratt. Make Chris Pratt illegal. Or at least replace his face with a warning.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Dixville posted:

I mean like... why not just do that everywhere, now? Why use carcinogens that have alternatives that aren't cancerrific, seems like there has to be a reason. Maybe not though there's all kinds of things in the world that make no got dang sense

"*chuckles in capitalism* did you know we could make 30 bucks more per year by giving kids the slightly poisoned skittles rather than the non-poisoned ones? Learn economics, kid" - CEO of Mars, probably.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Drone_Fragger posted:

"*chuckles in capitalism* did you know we could make 30 bucks more per year by giving kids the slightly poisoned skittles rather than the non-poisoned ones? Learn economics, kid" - CEO of Mars, probably.

Literally Milton Friedman to a young Michael Moore over like making Ford Pintos $15 more expensive so they don't explode or seat belts I don't remember which one

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Buce posted:

didnt fox tucker do a recent bit about how cigarettes aren't actually bad for you and people should smoke to own the libs? did i fever-dream that?

I smoke cigarettes strictly to spite the Chinese government and they keep getting angrier and angrier, which they claim isn’t a valid emotion and just an evolutionary remnant of the primitive black mind. Maybe I’ve tapped into some dormant evolutionary center in their brains and awoken a spirit within them that will allow them to influence more microaggressive taxes in california.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nuts and Gum posted:

I haven’t drank MT dew in about 11 years. I notice that film you mentioned in all of them. All soda is pretty gross except Diet Coke from McDonald’s cause they sprinkle fen phen in it.

That makes it really lovely for people who just want a Diet Coke but don’t want to have to kill a fentynyl dealer.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Take your meds clammy

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Wendigee posted:

Take your meds clammy

rude

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wendigee posted:

Take your meds clammy

Well I mean if california is paving the way to chemically alter my food (withholding salt) then some rear end in a top hat cop could easily interpret that as permission to add some chemicals so maybe I’ll end up on some heavy sedatives and get shipped off to (or “back to” according to california who can’t tell the loving difference between polish people and Chinese) China.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I feel the same way about the cruelty of the Pure Food and Drug Act stripping Coca Cola of its trivial amount of cocaine

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dixville posted:

I find it EXTREMELY ironic that california has legal recreational weed but is considering outlawing candies. Not that weed causes cancer, it's just more that they allow something that is very much forbidden in some other states but yet they're going to regulate candy.

idk its like one is fine and the other causes cancer its a mystery op namaste

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

A parent of a toddler told me about her kid having a reaction to anything with red dye like candy or kid's medicine. I did a little internal eye roll and checked online for studies when I went home. I couldn't find any but there are tons of parents on message boards saying it makes their babies weird. This kid had some red candy at grandma's one day and came home staggering around like a tiny drunk, she's like yeah that's what happens when he eats anything with red dye. Pretty hosed up.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I don't even think my sister got her kid a polio shot :lmao:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Flora Finching posted:

A parent of a toddler told me about her kid having a reaction to anything with red dye like candy or kid's medicine. I did a little internal eye roll and checked online for studies when I went home. I couldn't find any but there are tons of parents on message boards saying it makes their babies weird. This kid had some red candy at grandma's one day and came home staggering around like a tiny drunk, she's like yeah that's what happens when he eats anything with red dye. Pretty hosed up.

drat that's crazy. This thread has me only convinced to ban red food dye. In fact, ban Skittles at a federal level.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Flora Finching posted:

Lol blame candy for your kids hating you because you’re a piece of poo poo parent. :pedo:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Lol blame candy for your kids hating you because you’re a piece of poo poo parent. :pedo:

CLAMMY EAT THE MEDS

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pontificating rear end posted:

CLAMMY EAT THE MEDS

Omg name a specific med and condition or I’m yelling rat! :catbert:

You know cops just call me crazy ask if I want to talk to a counselor so they don’t have to document violence by other cops a lot of the time? This has happened at least half a dozen times.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 24, 2023

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

holy poo poo you r NOT on meds, this explaines a lot...

hmm maybe i think a mood stabilizer is always good, like lamictal they say is a wonder-drug you know

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Here’s a crazy thought, a cop has a fake name, which is pronounced “seersay”, like “hearsay”. But the definition of hearsay includes seeing things so he’s a loving idiot for making up an unnecessary name to intimidate a witness.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

You know cops just call me crazy ask if I want to talk to a counselor so they don’t have to document violence by other cops a lot of the time? This has happened at least half a dozen times.

I too have been given ketamine without my consent under suspicious circumstances, my mother had to scream at the nurses to tell them not to intubate me and berate them for all the vials of horsed piss on the floor before I came to

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Private Cumshoe posted:

I too have been given ketamine without my consent under suspicious circumstances, my mother had to scream at the nurses to tell them not to intubate me and berate them for all the vials of horsed piss on the floor before I came to

drat, how the gently caress did you get diagnosed as a horse? :horsedrugs:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
All humans look like horses to cops and EMTs because they have virtually no medical training or knowledge

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Konar posted:

we shouldn't strive to be more like the worst parts of the world

Well, yeah, nobody should try to copy Florida, but that's a little off-topic.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Gonna go stock up on illegal skittles while I can.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
oi m8 u got a loicens for tha red lolly

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah so california failed to murder me, wow this is awkward huh? What to do now? Pop off at the mouth about some fuckin skittles? :thunkin:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Gonna start a movement that avoiding arsenic is a woke thing now. Gonna try and get chuds to consume a bunch of arsenic to own the libs.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
your body actually needs a little bit of arsenic to function

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

Ah yes, cali doing more weird poo poo to no one’s surprise

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Just rename them to scattles and make them all brown

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Im still not convinced those "my child ate red dye and now theyre crazy" posts are not just "my child ate 200 grams of sugar in 20 minutes and was very energetic and then very sleepy and out of it", becsuse that's normal sugar rush behaviour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Well, yeah, nobody should try to copy Florida, but that's a little off-topic.

Ronnie D will defend my right to eat Skittles and charred meat and asbestos and any other carcinogens I want.