Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was extremely tempted to drop the cash on a Brompton when I was in SG lmao

Maybe some other year

They’re worth the money. They ride very well for as awkward as they look and they fold up pretty tiny. It’s pretty easy to roll them around while folded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so remember how kia warned owners that they should park in garages because their cars were oops easily stolen with a thumb drive...well now kia is recalling 500k vehicles for spontaneous fires while parked and asking owners to park only outside.

mixed messages

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/DaGeezer007/status/1638075124560670722

this kind of take comes up a lot and it's really irritating because you generally still need all of your extremities, plus your neck, plus your mental faculties, to be able to drive

it's not like anyone with a broken [right] ankle or is too senile to ride a bike is going to be able to drive a car, either

A person in a wheel chair would rather live in a city where they can take their wheel chair around the block to go to grocery store.
Senile people love to get lost in a sea of parking lots.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
the giant escape is going to be way nicer to ride than a brompton though... no offense to foldies I think foldies are cool

Apr 7, 2003

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

the giant escape is going to be way nicer to ride than a brompton though... no offense to foldies I think foldies are cool

I've got both and I prefer the Brompton

granted my Escape is a 2017 3x8 version but it just feels like a chore to ride after years of riding a Contend AR

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

A person in a wheel chair would rather live in a city where they can take their wheel chair around the block to go to grocery store.
Senile people love to get lost in a sea of parking lots.

poo poo, sober, coherent people can get lost in parking lots. They all look alike. It's not so bad at a walmart or something but any sort of sporting venue blech

Apr 7, 2003

I only go to sporting venues with subway stations next door

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I only go to sporting venues with subway stations next door

The good thing about the ScotiaBank Arena (where the Leafs and Raptors play) is that it's right next to Union Station, where the subways and GO trains (faster trains that service the 'Golden Horseshoe' region outside the GTA) depart. Even if you're downtown, unless you're right by the arena or in an actual sportsbar, it's pretty easy to avoid loudmouth neanderthal hockey CHUDs because most of them just get on the train and go back to Mississauga or Whitby.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Real hurthling! posted:

so remember how kia warned owners that they should park in garages because their cars were oops easily stolen with a thumb drive...well now kia is recalling 500k vehicles for spontaneous fires while parked and asking owners to park only outside.

mixed messages

ICE or electric cars? because lol if they broke Tesla's monopoly on the "electric car that loves catching fire for no reason" market.

EDIT: I looked it up and it's the tow hitches catching fire, which I've never even heard of before

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/23/1165726222/hyundai-kia-recall-fire-risk-park-outside

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

I have a brompton and a TCR, the TCR is a lot more fun to ride. Well, cya.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

withak posted:

How many airports can you reasonably cycle away from without dying?

DCA is good for that, there's a trail that takes you the (very short) distance up to the city by bike. i think there's even a bikeshare station at or near the airport now, so you could even just arrive and grab one there and be off, easy peasy

Apr 7, 2003

Sphyre posted:

I have a brompton and a TCR, the TCR is a lot more fun to ride. Well, cya.

I'm shocked that a $4500 carbon fiber bike is more fun to ride than a $1800 steel commuter bike. Thank you for contributing

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
folding bike gang

Apr 7, 2003

e.pilot posted:

folding bike gang

You posted some pictures in the other thread of a ride you did in Germany a few years back that still influences my travel plans

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

I'm shocked that a $4500 carbon fiber bike is more fun to ride than a $1800 steel commuter bike. Thank you for contributing

you're very welcome!

you can bring the brompton on a bus so it has that going for it

e.pilot posted:

folding bike gang

that's loving sick :unsmigghh:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

You posted some pictures in the other thread of a ride you did in Germany a few years back that still influences my travel plans

southwest germany is impossibly gorgeous

e.pilot has issued a correction as of 03:57 on Mar 24, 2023

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

mystes posted:

it would be pretty cool to fly with a folding bike and just bike from the airport. I'm not sure how practical it would actually be though.

my old boss would do that domestically and internationally all the time. his bike of choice was https://bikefriday.com I believe.

Apr 7, 2003

e.pilot posted:

lol I don't even loving know you outside of your posts on this forum and I envy you so much

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

e.pilot posted:

What is that river, the danube?

e: rhine seems more likely

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is that river, the danube?

e: rhine seems more likely

Mosel

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

lol I don't even loving know you outside of your posts on this forum and I envy you so much

I haven’t been back there since October :smith:

did ride around home today tho

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ah, I thought for sure that was bernkastel

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Milo and POTUS posted:

Ah, I thought for sure that was bernkastel

It is, Bernkastle is on the Mosel.

That picture is taken in front of the burgruine landshut.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Rad. Boats are cool too

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
if I wasn’t such an enormous bitch I’d move there in a heartbeat, I love it over there so much

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1639084089402687488?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

At last we'll catch the duke boys

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

e.pilot posted:

folding bike gang

Dang that looks beautiful

Post your bikes

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Car looks like it's slowed down quite a bit to me. Barrier working as intended.

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

Post your bikes

I've had this 8-speed with carbon drive for a couple of years. Had another carbon drive before that. Never going back to chains for my commuting bikes. The silence and lack of maintenance are just so nice.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Steen71 posted:

I've had this 8-speed with carbon drive for a couple of years. Had another carbon drive before that. Never going back to chains for my commuting bikes. The silence and lack of maintenance are just so nice.

I have the exact same one and I use it for my daily commute. I love hearing nothing but the gentle sounds of the wheels rolling on the road when riding it. Best buying decision I've ever made.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

A Charlotte driver who’d been drinking, speeding and driving recklessly was sentenced to 16 to 29 months in prison Thursday for causing the crash that killed two women walking on an east Charlotte sidewalk last year.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article273467480.html#storylink=mainstage_card3

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

gradenko_2000 posted:

Post your bikes

Somehow these are the only pictures of my bike that I have.

I don't know why the car brain losers complain about the lack of cargo capacity.

Ensign Expendable has issued a correction as of 15:00 on Mar 24, 2023

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I am enjoying the replies very much

https://twitter.com/jillreports/status/1639037832386998272?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ensign Expendable posted:

Somehow these are the only pictures of my bike that I have.

I don't know why the car brain losers complain about the lack of cargo capacity.

I love carrying stuff on my bike.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

gradenko_2000 posted:

I bought a new bike to replace my stolen one. It's a Giant Escape - it's so much lighter than my old one, feels like it flies at the slightest provocation. It's very nice, and the 2-by gearing means I have both easier climbs and faster high-gears either way

I did also buy a U-Lock and a disc lock (with alarm!) to secure it

My partner has a giant escape. She absolutely loves it. I put on some neon blue grips that match the color accents and it's quite the looker.

Here's hoping you don't get it stolen. I highly recommend registering it with 529 or whatever the bike registry is in your area.

I know blah blah ACAB but you'd be surprised how many bikes get recovered and returned if they are registered.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i have a fuji feather and i only ride it on no car roads in the park

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

gradenko_2000 posted:

Post your bikes

Daily driver

Only registered members can see post attachments!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Ham Equity posted:

Car looks like it's slowed down quite a bit to me. Barrier working as intended.

not sure how the inanimate concrete block causes anything but ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

My daily driver. A couple of goons in the bike threads helped my buy it from Craigslist 12 years ago.

And then when I shared it at my current job, one guy piped up and said, "I think I sold you that bike..." and it really was him.

Only registered members can see post attachments!