Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Lumbermouth posted:

"Just one more thing... did you know that when you buy yourself an avatar, a receipt is connected to the account that purchased it? Now everyone knows that redtexting another user is anonymous. You can buy someone else an avatar and no one would even know. But that costs money. A whole :fivecbux: more than buying one for yourself."

"Now a smart woman would spend the :10bux: and stay completely anonymous. But you're a frugal woman, not a smart woman."
_________________________________________________/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lmfao

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm prepared to believe it really was a mental health episode because it's so obviously stupid and counter-productive, and she's never struck me as stupid.

But I literally can't think of a better way for someone with her particular posting history and style to ensure she's never taken seriously ever again. Whether why other shenanigans are under, looooots of folks are going to assume they're there. At this point, it's academic whether she's been doing this since 2021, or just doing it again.

sebmojo posted:

There's one from mid 2021.

Not going to say a mental health episode can't extend that long or wax and wane because of course it can but also like, goddamn thats a long time to be doing this

e: yeah I know you acknowledged there's one from 2021 but like, it bears repeating this wasn't just a one-off thing

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I seem to remember she submitted a ban that went through but searching the lc is tedious

It's fine, dude.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I've always rolled my eyes at forums drama, QCS posters, people with posting enemies, and red-text avs. But I'm man enough to admit that I was wrong.

This is the funniest thing that's happened on this site in at least 10 years.

Thank you SAD, thank you Jeffrey, and thank you spr.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lmao thank you for such a lovely lmao filled morning.

Top tier.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
rename some plague rats something awful dot com the way they getting owned by jeffrey

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

some plague rats posted:

I said someone else bought me an av dude. Its immensely loving gay and an unbelievably embarrassing way to act out but come on can you not just lol like everyone else

People out here gettin' bullied for real every day. People on this site. By different people on this site. You just created a viral forums moment for this community to not take this poo poo seriously ever again. Can you seriously not see why this is a big deal? In a perfect forum, you'd eat a perma for this; but the site admins probably need all the money they're gonna make off people buying you avs until the end of time.

But sure. lol

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

God bless the sagas thread

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

for restitution, everyone who has not been probed by spr will be receiving a six hour probation

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

People out here gettin' bullied for real every day. People on this site. By different people on this site. You just created a viral forums moment for this community to not take this poo poo seriously ever again. Can you seriously not see why this is a big deal? In a perfect forum, you'd eat a perma for this; but the site admins probably need all the money they're gonna make off people buying you avs until the end of time.

But sure. lol

Lol settle down.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Chilichimp posted:

But sure. lol

calm down, loser

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

lobster shirt posted:

for restitution, everyone who has not been probed by spr will be receiving a six hour probation

good reason for jeff to break back out the "probe this entire thread" button imo

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol settle down.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Live by the sword die by the sword

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Finally..... A saga for the europosters....

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You woke up this morning, bought yourself an av

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

maybe, but i also don't have much reason to take any posts made about their av seriously

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Didn't think Avatar was due out till next year

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jonah Galtberg posted:

incredible that someone got outed for buying false flag bigoted avs for themselves before anyone who has ever bought a genuine one for someone else

thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The girl who cried terf

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Monathin posted:

Not going to say a mental health episode can't extend that long or wax and wane because of course it can but also like, goddamn thats a long time to be doing this

e: yeah I know you acknowledged there's one from 2021 but like, it bears repeating this wasn't just a one-off thing

A lot of times when people have episodes they fall into the same bad habits. So, doing it in 2021 and again this week is consistent with it being a mental health episode thing. Doing it since 2021 is not.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

wow and I was against sagas coming back, holy poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
people have been perma'd for far far less

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Hey SPR remember when you bought yourself a hateful avatar to stir up poo poo?

SPR:

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Mar 25, 2023

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

We are back baby!!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Im losing my loving mind!!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Toxic Mental posted:

wow and I was against sagas coming back, holy poo poo

You fool!!

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

I'd have been fine with just a ban if she was buying AVs and not blaming anyone else. But trying to dump someone else in the poo poo (regardless of what you think of them as a poster) is loving scummy.

There's also no way she would have copped to it if she hadn't been caught.

I thought about it and the content of some the AVs themselves is perma-worthy imo

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

radium code is an absolutely fascinating horror to behold. the kind of bonkers amphetamine poo poo that results in error messages like "the time is now <time> and you are gay" and "someone has stolen your trees"
And the best part is, last anyone heard from Radium, he was working for the Usanian government.

Doctor Goat posted:

He would talk to Lowtax. The trick was that he would never actually answer Lowtax on anything resembling a date something would be finished, Lowtax had no idea how to code, and he didn't want to trust anyone else with it. iirc logs of Lowtax and radium went like this (and I'm going entirely off memory/paraphrasing):
The code having load-bearing slurs is still probably the #1 thing about SA.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lmfao

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Lmao

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

A lot of times when people have episodes they fall into the same bad habits. So, doing it in 2021 and again this week is consistent with it being a mental health episode thing. Doing it since 2021 is not.

yeah fwiw I do agree with that but I guess my point is that spr doing it and then implicating people is some nasty poo poo that no amount of "i was having a mental health crisis" should excuse, the impact is the same regardless

or put more succinctly:

RealityWarCriminal posted:

people have been perma'd for far far less

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
The Farmer's Almanac says that a prominent Koala's March always leads to an intense Meltdown May

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I guess doing something insanely loving stupid is technically a "mental health episode"

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The Farmer's Almanac says that a prominent Koala's March always leads to an intense Meltdown May

lookin forward to a fine crop of banmes and flameouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted: