Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
the only major downsides to expedition are that you have to be a little careful when mapping and you can't do wandering path with it

tujen is a huge bro, logbooks are good money

rog sucks
gently caress rog
all my homies hate rog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

(if you're good at rog he makes very good items but gently caress rog)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

theshim posted:

(if you're good at rog he makes very good items but gently caress rog)

:hmmyes:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

is there a more deterministic way to get whatever the token is that makes Tujen reset? I've never been able to get more than a few chaos from him.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I like to rog it up and make some crazy items that cant be used by any build ever but look insane

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

saintonan posted:

is there a more deterministic way to get whatever the token is that makes Tujen reset? I've never been able to get more than a few chaos from him.

Exotic coins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcZZ-9OJZS4

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Sirgog one of my low key favourite PoE content creators has a very good overdetailed Rog guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U4ITOoUaL0

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I know Expedition can be lucrative but every time I try it I spend waaaaay too much time reading the modifiers and placing the explosives. Is there a good braindead strat for doing it?

theshim
May 1, 2012

I tried a bit of krangled, I'm level 15 and the best passive I've found so far is BEEF

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Fister Roboto posted:

I know Expedition can be lucrative but every time I try it I spend waaaaay too much time reading the modifiers and placing the explosives. Is there a good braindead strat for doing it?

Yes - don't pick ones that brick your build and prioritize logbooks -> packsize/quant/that's-about-it. You don't care about anything else, really. If you see you're less than optimal, gently caress it, just hit it. The ONLY thing to reset for is if you missed a "runic monsters are doubled" - then you want to redo it and make that first because it literally doubles your drops. Anything else, doesn't matter.

Cesaro
Oct 5, 2004
Hopefully this is ok to post, but I started a group SSF krangle league. I may or may not play a bunch--we'll see how it goes. I started as Marauder.
https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/join/ALL+HAIL+KRANGLE/8dm5AekIyJ_61WD-KJ9J

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
occultust gets champ fort, slayer cull, and elementalist bastion. not sure what the other nodes are but thats dummy strong

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jinnigan posted:

occultust gets champ fort, slayer cull, and elementalist bastion. not sure what the other nodes are but thats dummy strong

Lmao.

I started a trickster yesterday evening but didn't get out of act 1 yet. There are some lovely nodes around but pain attunement is mind over matter so I grabbed that because it's hard to find life.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
I wonder how Ascendant ascendencies work, just the same ones in different places?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Event FAQ posted:

Will the Ascendant ascendancy skills be shuffled in with the skills from the other ascendancy classes during the Krangled Passives Group SSF Event?

No, the Scion class and Ascendant ascendancy skills will not be available during the Krangled Passives Group SSF Event.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I was thinking of making a blast rain coc detonate volatile dead build next league. Just something I stumbled on. The end game version looks pretty intense with a lot of jewels - anyone ran this the past few leagues? But looks pretty dang fun.

There's no build guide for it that I can find (although apparently it came from mathil so he had a video on it, but not a build guide).

If anyone had experience with it or thoughts - any clue on what I could league start with? I'd use elementalist. Fireball + ele wands+ ele nodes on the tree? I'm okay leveling with something different, but it'd be nice to use stuff kind of thematically similar. Props if it could be a bow skill as well. Or maybe the end game skills with self cast are okay starting out?

I have no experience with coc builds, or blast rain, or the dead skills, which is why it's appealing to me. And Beth wanting to do a bow build. Kind of how I landed here.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 22, 2023

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
My first guess would be to start with selfcast or slinger, trying to league start as CoC sounds painful

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, all I really knew for sure is that I shouldn't plan on running 5 golems and doing CoC out of the gate. Wasn't sure how much else is possible.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
For anyone wanting spoilers on the krangled tree, best I've found is this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1--UaqF-3looQjdrFXQzHd82c8eSW5CFQl3-F5bpHitk/htmlview?usp=sharing.

I think I'll go way outside the box and do Elementalist fireball ignite. It kept Shaper of Flames (in the same spot no less), and gained Hinekora, Unholy Authority, and Endless Munitions.

Other highlights: Occultist has some serious defenses with Fortitude, Conqueror, and Bastion of Elements. Trickster has some real crit support, with Ambush and Assassinate, Unstable Infusion, and Blitz. Raider has serious zooms with Gathering Winds and Avatar of the Chase. If you can figure out how to have tough minions, Radiant Crusade will even give "permanent" onslaught. It also has Ricochet, so the build I'm actually considering is this with Frost Blades.

The real decider of what I play is going to involve spending some serious time on the Notables tab, finding where all the life nodes are hiding.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Someone did a Krangle tree and is slowly filling it out

https://joonazan.github.io/krangle-viewer/

I have no idea what I want to do as a Templar
Bleed melee might work?

Deki fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 22, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The one minute time out for dying is literally unplayable.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I just bought this watcher's eye for 20d on Sanctum. I uhhh, think it's worth more than that?

Regardless, I'm just going to use it on my general's cry zerker and have fun until the league is over.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
if you use all 3 of those then that's a good enough eye, but idk why it is 20d

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

if you use all 3 of those then that's a good enough eye, but idk why it is 20d

+2 impales is one of the premium mods but the number of other mods it's good with is pretty limited so it's very hard to hit 3 useful mods including it. Just it along with either of the other mods is ~10.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
None of those are great on their own but precision multi and determination phys reduction are two pretty generic ones a lot of people can use. And the impale is good if you impale at all.

I think it's only 20d because league is days from being over so currency doesn't really matter.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

+2 impales is one of the premium mods but the number of other mods it's good with is pretty limited so it's very hard to hit 3 useful mods including it. Just it along with either of the other mods is ~10.

look how long those have been listed. any time you look at watcher's eye prices hit 'ANY' instead of online. it's a fine eye but the big question wrt 'is it worth 20 div' is what else you can get for 20 div and for 20 div you can get your pick of basically any sought after mods + +2impales.

that said it's by definition a 20 div eye because someone paid 20 div for it

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
As someone who was looking for a +2 impale eye some leagues back (think this was around 3.16) I can say back then just that mod alone was easily 5 div and getting any other useful mod with it was 15 div+

Well, exalts, but you know

Not sure there have been significant changes to impale builds besides meta popularity since then?

E: Also for anyone who's leveled Hierophant, how is selfcast Ball Lightning if you don't really get any cast speed? Numbers-wise it looks superior to brands in my POBs but I dunno if the 1.5 casts/sec will feel too poo poo. The synergy with all the AoE increase you get is nice though.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Insurrectionist posted:

Not sure there have been significant changes to impale builds besides meta popularity since then?

There has

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Insurrectionist posted:

As someone who was looking for a +2 impale eye some leagues back (think this was around 3.16) I can say back then just that mod alone was easily 5 div and getting any other useful mod with it was 15 div+

Well, exalts, but you know

E: Also for anyone who's leveled Hierophant, how is selfcast Ball Lightning if you don't really get any cast speed? Numbers-wise it looks superior to brands in my POBs but I dunno if the 1.5 casts/sec will feel too poo poo. The synergy with all the AoE increase you get is nice though.

it's going to feel really bad without cast speed

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

look how long those have been listed. any time you look at watcher's eye prices hit 'ANY' instead of online.

Yeah I certainly did, and the only ones listed offline or on with +2 impale and two other useful mods ranged from 60-250d (the expensive ones also having Pride double damage).

But you're right, it's a 20d eye because I paid 20d for it. It was up for a whole 7 hours before I bought it so it's unlikely that it was severely underpriced, I just subjectively feel like I got a good deal.

totalnewbie posted:

I think it's only 20d because league is days from being over so currency doesn't really matter.

This feels accurate.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
yeah don't get me wrong, 1 bis watchers eye mod + 2 useful secondary mods is a good pickup regardless of ~market value~, which is just a function of how many crit impale builds there are running determ. phys dr with determination is a very under-rated watcher's eye mod imo.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Yep, running a Brass Dome Berserker means phys damage over time is like the scariest thing in the game for me because 80k armor doesn't mitigate it at all and my actual raw hp is low.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Very solid watcher's eye, in leagues of yesteryear that woulda been more than 20 div but impale builds have fallen off a cliff in terms of popularity, :rip: melee

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Mentat Radnor posted:

Yep, running a Brass Dome Berserker means phys damage over time is like the scariest thing in the game for me because 80k armor doesn't mitigate it at all and my actual raw hp is low.

if you can work in an enduring composure cluster small it goes a long way to mitigating phys dots. Oh and cb immune is mandatory for all builds imo

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
impale itself is still good, but the core gimmick around impale has been gutted because the steel skills + call of steel keep seeing incidental nerfs. so it's mainly just another boring damage multi for skills.

i'm still angry they removed the lord of steel jewels and didn't even give a pity buff.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
folks its that time again. league starter build ideas:

- spark
- fire trap
- bane

well ok those are pretty straightforward. but theyre the ones on my mind

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

- spark
- fire trap
- bane

subtractem is one step ahead of you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjXFpfXX8Nc

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
cold dot ele was great for me last league and it can run all map mods

so I need something new that won't feel much worse

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

- spark
- fire trap
- bane

Standard caveat of we don't know of any buffs/nerfs yet:

Spark is crazy good. There's a reason a lot of the gauntlet folks started it.

I had a lot of luck last league with my Cold EK hit Inquis. Definitely leans more into mapping vs bossing, but it was a veeeery good mapper. I wouldn't try this if Heatshiver gets hit hard, though.

CF/Reap Champ/Glad are also still excellent if you care more about mapping. I'm probably gonna start CF Champ and then respec to a Doryani's/Mahux Smite build once I get a little money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jinnigan posted:

aye, that makes sense. 4 voidstones, 5th map slot, t16s is the baseline.

do people sell essences for profit or are they really straight crafting with them? i guess it all depends on the build and what's easily craftable

i've never got 4th voidstone or 5th slot since the atlas tree update. 2 watchstones were always enough to grind my fav maps at t16 and 5th slot is whatever when so much atlas value comes from the tree

otoh i also don't get to 30 challenges usually