Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kopitar
May 21, 2009
I can see a QB being drafted in the 2nd round, if one of - Young/Stroud/AR is available then i could see it with pick 6, but let's be honest, none of those guys are gonna be available at 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Right and outside of those 3 I think you wait until the 2nd-3rd round and take a shot on a developmental QB. If Carter somehow drops I think you take him, if not, I'd see what the value is for a trade back and try to pick up a combo of DL, corner, and maybe TE depending on what's available and when.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’ve been seeing a lot of national sports media suggest that they could draft Hendon Hooker in the third round.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Gonz posted:

I’ve been seeing a lot of national sports media suggest that they could draft Hendon Hooker in the third round.

I'm sure there are worse moves they could make (look at every third rounder from the Gutekunst era), but drafting a 25 year old Hendon Hooker to replace a 28 year old Jared Goff doesn't make as much sense for the Lions as it might for other teams.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I think Hooker would be being drafted as a backup since afaik the Lions have no backup QB under contract right now

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MikeCrotch posted:

I think Hooker would be being drafted as a backup since afaik the Lions have no backup QB under contract right now

You don’t draft a backup as high as Hooker will go unless you intend for him to be the starter in a year or two and drafting a 25 year old and not even playing him immediately would be really unwise.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well he tore his acl so probably not the end of the world to redshirt him for a season.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The real issue is regardless of age, Hooker's ceiling isn't higher than Goff's.

If you want a backup go get an UDFA.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Is there a high(ish) floor QB that would still be around by the second round? I could see them going in that direction if they don't think The Guy is there at 6. The draft being deep at every position listed as a need of theirs combined with a high pick seems like the best time to take a swing on your future QB. If you whiff, you still have 2 more years of Goff at least, and it's not even their own pick that's this high, so they aren't likely to be drafting here in the near future. I'd love to see a monster D line terrorizing opposing offenses though, that's more fun to me than seeing deep bombs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I can't get over how much the NFL has changed. Justin fields was like 4 times the prospect of Levis or Richardson but didn't even go top 10

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mastershakeman posted:

I can't get over how much the NFL has changed. Justin fields was like 4 times the prospect of Levis or Richardson but didn't even go top 10

Justin Fields would be the Number one Prospect in this draft lol.

But also, QB's always drop, it wouldn't shock me if one of Levis/Richardson fall out of the top 10.

Also if there was a real combine Justin Field's year, uh, he would have put up Richardson numbers lol.

Carolina/Falcons almost assuredly take him, if they had athletic testing, if not him replacing Zach Wilson's buzz.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dexo posted:

Justin Fields would be the Number one Prospect in this draft lol.

Eh, I doubt it. Teams found reasons to drop him a few years ago they’d find the same reasons this year. He’d be behind Stroud and Young I’m sure.

quote:

Also if there was a real combine Justin Field's year, uh, he would have put up Richardson numbers lol.

Richardson has a couple of inches and 20lbs on Fields. He’s Josh Allen sized. Putting up the numbers he did is nuts. Shame he’s bad at football.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Richardson has a couple of inches and 20lbs on Fields. He’s Josh Allen sized. Putting up the numbers he did is nuts. Shame he’s bad at football.

But what if...

He's not.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1638513418964545536

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Solid Midboss energy

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

seems like the bears should be way up this if you count all their pre superbowl wins.
checked and they're at .557, ahead of the packers

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A bit surprised that the Raiders are that high after how the last 20 years have gone for that franchise.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Who’s the lowest percentage of the Super Bowl Era to win one? I would guess the Jets.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's the Buccs

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Henchman of Santa posted:

Who’s the lowest percentage of the Super Bowl Era to win one? I would guess the Jets.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask?q=nfl+team+with+highest+winning%25+since+1970
Tampa

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Eh, I doubt it. Teams found reasons to drop him a few years ago they’d find the same reasons this year. He’d be behind Stroud and Young I’m sure.

Fields might not have been the physical freak, but he wasn't far off. And his tape was significantly better than Richardson's. Even without the combine, it still makes no sense

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Man, talk about waking up and choosing violence, what the hell brought that up CBS?

Also a pretty impressive jump going up to both the Steelers and Cowboys.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The Lions’ backup QB problem is exacerbated solved!

https://twitter.com/aroundthenfl/status/1639290351721795590?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Of course, if it ever gets to the point where Nate Sudfeld is playing QB, the season is already over with.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

This has the commies, eagles, and seahawks above the colts, raiders, and rams. I get that it’s 1970 vs 1967 but surely a couple years wouldn’t change it that much? And obviously it’s moot for the hawks

e: maybe one is counting post season and the other not? idk still seems like it wouldn’t move the needle much

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 24, 2023

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Gonz posted:

Of course, if it ever gets to the point where Nate Sudfeld is playing QB, the season is already over with.

"Sudfeld Starts, Season Washed." The headlines write themselves. I think I'm sold on Tyree Wilson at 6 if Carter isn't there, or if he is and Holmes says nah. I think he's earned the trust at this point.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hope he has no guaranteed money and just gets cut.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1639308803224027136?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Brad Holmes gonna do some wild bullshit to replace Chark. I can just feel it.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
That's a good signing for them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Man, Panthers might be good this season.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Given the state of their division, how crazy is it to view them as the favorites to win the NFCS?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao when the panthers have a worse pick than the bears next season

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Guess it depends on how much you believe in the Saints now that they have a real QB, but at this point I think they're no worse than second best and quite possibly the favorites.

R.D. Mangles posted:

tbh this is why it was very smart for the Bears to hold out for Moore instead of taking another first.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I would normally think the Saints are the clear favorites but man Allen might just be a poo poo head coach.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Sataere posted:

Fields might not have been the physical freak, but he wasn't far off. And his tape was significantly better than Richardson's. Even without the combine, it still makes no sense

I 100% agree that Fields is an amazing athlete and him dropping made no sense.

Hand Row posted:

I would normally think the Saints are the clear favorites but man Allen might just be a poo poo head coach.

He’s pretty bad. His cowardice cost them two or three games last season.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Wow WR#2

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

They were never going to be a top ten pick. I don't know why people felt that way. Two firsts next year is still really good.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

poo poo :sigh:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sataere posted:

They were never going to be a top ten pick. I don't know why people felt that way. Two firsts next year is still really good.

From my perspective as someone who doesn't have much knowledge of teams outside the NFC North my entire thought process was "well they are the ninth pick this year and drafting a rookie QB and supposedly gave their best receiver to us, so they will probably be a little worse next year while their QB develops". I fully defer to more knowledgeable people ITT tho and agree that in any case 2 first rounds is still really good

EDIT: also probably subconscious Bears fan bias: "teams just get worse and worse each year till everyone gets fired, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the Panthers probably win 7+ games, especially considering their schedule, but I think their floor is still lower than most people might think. They’ve made a bunch of Solid Moves but it’s not like you can look at their roster and go “Oh no way they’re bad” just because they have a competent-seeming coaching staff and WRs who don’t project as sub-replacement level