Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Definitely wait for a sale, that content isn't going anywhere. I don't think there's a "complete" legacy pack, there's one that gives forsaken/shadowkeep/beyond light and then stand alone witch queen. There's also the thirtieth anniversary, and last seasons dungeon pass.

Imo witch queen has the way better campaign, but the other pack has way more items and another subclass.

The dungeon pass is a fun 10 dollar buy if you can find someone to go through it with you, same with thirtieth. But for solo play it's not a great idea.

Forsaken is a separate pack. The legacy collection is now SK/BL/WQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Mill Village posted:

Forsaken is a separate pack. The legacy collection is now SK/BL/WQ.

so what you're telling me is

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

apologize.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I've been getting progress on my "complete activities" quest on my exotics even when I'm not using those exotics and I'm afraid to acknowledge it because if that's not intended then I don't want them to fix it.

Almost done The Manticore catalyst, which I'm excited about even though everyone says that it sucks and probably rightfully so.

Played a bunch of Iron Banner and I like the PVP when it's a big wide open area and I'm trying to clip peeps with Dead Man's Tale, otherwise it's frantic close quarters stuff where an invisible Hunter is shooting me in the back of the head with a revolver or a Titan with three overshields is flying in screaming and exploding me and three other people with a melee attack and I'm accidentally Nova Bombing myself to death.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bleck posted:

I've been getting progress on my "complete activities" quest on my exotics even when I'm not using those exotics and I'm afraid to acknowledge it because if that's not intended then I don't want them to fix it.

you don't have to have them equipped unless the tooltip specifically states that you have to have them equipped.

which is good because otherwise i wouldn't get any of that poo poo done since i am probably the greatest example of being Set In My Ways

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

They got rid of the "do it while equipped" requirement a while ago because most people either A.) Never completed it, or B.) Just equipped the gun in team scorched and grinded a bunch of that.

Because the requirement was with Eriana's Vow and that gun isn't great without the catalyst.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

arsenicCatnip posted:

so what you're telling me is

Cesar Romero: Red War

Comics Joker shouting about boners: D1

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Kith posted:

you don't have to have them equipped unless the tooltip specifically states that you have to have them equipped.

which is good because otherwise i wouldn't get any of that poo poo done since i am probably the greatest example of being Set In My Ways

Sometimes in the same quest step you need to use them to get kills with, but don't need them equipped to get activity completions. That can make the tool tip ambiguous/difficult to parse.

It's still bullshit that once you complete a catalyst quest you need to then kill 1000 targets or whatever to complete the catalyst.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Apparently even after Bungie's second attempt to fix it, Winterbite is still nuking bosses.

https://twitter.com/GSXRCLYDE/status/1638989071761416193

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The Rat King is a really neat weapon but finding out what the catalyst quest is was deeply depressing.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

maybe Nezerac needs to lower his FPS

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bleck posted:

The Rat King is a really neat weapon but finding out what the catalyst quest is was deeply depressing.

Dares is great for this assuming you can get all five to go along with it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You can quite often get people to do rat king catalyst runs near the end of the season in various activities. Always worth putting a listing up on LFG, since there are usually a bunch of people sat going "man I sure wish i could finish the rat king catalyst."

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Pirate Jet posted:

Apparently even after Bungie's second attempt to fix it, Winterbite is still nuking bosses.

https://twitter.com/GSXRCLYDE/status/1638989071761416193

I'm not shocked. Since the shatter damage was invisible you could see "normal" numbers and they weren't that bad.

Winterbite, Swords, Acrius, it's close-range heavy season baby

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Leak about the light level changes:

https://thegamepost.com/destiny-2-leak-complete-overhaul-power-level-system/

Sounds a lot more straightforward for new players anyway.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Sounds neat, the tagline thinks that maybe they're just gonna let sunset gear ride again? That'd be cool, and just about every problem child of that time has been nerfed in a different way since then so

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That looks like the same leak that spawned the big argument the other day, but thanks for linking it this time

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Leak about the light level changes:

https://thegamepost.com/destiny-2-leak-complete-overhaul-power-level-system/

Sounds a lot more straightforward for new players anyway.

Keep in mind, "powerpoint presentations" are the fake leak format of choice nowadays because the last correct leak was a powerpoint presentation. The same thing happened with the pastebin leak and the 'anonthenine' style leaks. The original leaker of this content (if it's the same as the thing that was posted a few weeks ago) has a history of posting fakes. Not maliciously, just doesn't have any real sources to confirm if a leak is true or not so they go with their gut on whether or not it "feels" true.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I saw the powerpoint slides in question and it feels very funny to me that bungie would have powerpoint slides showing off soome new guns and listing all the element and archtypes of the guns. Who are those slides for?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oxyclean posted:

I saw the powerpoint slides in question and it feels very funny to me that bungie would have powerpoint slides showing off soome new guns and listing all the element and archtypes of the guns. Who are those slides for?

Content/mission teams who need to keep track of what guns are being offered and what elements they come in so they can design rotators and challenges that aren't impossible. Artifact mods, for example, tend to be tuned towards the seasonal weapon offerings.

PowerPoint presentations are actually fairly common for team communications because they convey information efficiently and leave room for deeper explanations as necessary. They also offer visual aids and are generally better organized than stand-ups because they have a predetermined list of things to cover.

Kith fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 24, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That's actually a pretty fair point.

Though, I'd kind of suspect that coordination would happen much sooner then they have finished models for the guns to slap on the slides, as well as the specificity down to the frame type felt odd, but who knows.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oxyclean posted:

That's actually a pretty fair point.

Though, I'd kind of suspect that coordination would happen much sooner then they have finished models for the guns to slap on the slides, as well as the specificity down to the frame type felt odd, but who knows.

Asset creation tends to be the final step of implementation, so actually having pictures as visual reinforcement of "this is what's going to be in the game" is fairly common. It's also a last call for visual tweaks for rewards to match the theme of the activities that they're coming from.

The specifics of frames is likely for the PvP team's benefit - something along the lines of "hey we're going to be adding these specific weapon types, so if you see a spike in their usage, account for the new additions to the roster".

Game development has a ton of moving parts and keeping everybody on the same page down to finicky little details is a good way to keep things from exploding.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Management types who do not know how to computer but still want to feel important / like they're involved in decision making. Never underestimate the amount of un-necessary meetings that can be called in any given business environment.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Management types who do not know how to computer but still want to feel important / like they're involved in decision making. Never underestimate the amount of un-necessary meetings that can be called in any given business environment.

Not asking this to be rude, just wondering: do you happen to have any development studio experience to back this up? I ask because these kinds of things are fairly common and extremely useful for coordinating multiple teams across large projects.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't, I should probably preface that with not knowing how Bungie is structured, but it's not unreasonable to expect that ANY environment with a corporate structure is going to someone who'd rather info about the guns was presented to them packaged up in a presentation rather than being actively involved in the development.

Don't forget Bungie also probably has to present what they're working on to Sony, especially if (as theorised) Bungie were purchased in part to help teach Sony how to do live service stuff.

I'm not arguing it's definitely true, I'm just saying a powerpoint presentation is well within the realms of possibility.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

That looks like the same leak that spawned the big argument the other day, but thanks for linking it this time

I posted the source and the link you silly billy dumb ol' goose! And it wasn't even an argument, you were just steamy & confused

Also they're called Slide Decks now, you guys. Calling it 'Powerpoint' outs you as a neo-boomer and makes the Zillenials cringe the way we did when our parents called our sandals 'thongs'

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I haven't worked in the games industry but as a person who has been in white-collar America for several decades, I view a single powerpoint presentation as being equal in strength to a single green ammo pickup. Individual slides actually do correspond to the actual number of rounds you get. I've spent my whole life trying to be the best breech-loaded grenade launcher user. My least favorite colleagues use trace rifles

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

i hate that i followed that perfectly

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Iron banner question:

I'm a returning player, last really played Destiny (as in completed an campaign and regularly played a season) back in Arrivals/Beyond Light/Hunt. I just noticed IB last season brought back some D1 IB armour with the wolf-hood cape.

I want D1 my wolf-hood. I notice its not in the IB engram focusing menu which sort of makes sense since class items are stat-less so why would you re-roll. Is the wolf-hood actually available in this IB?

I'd like to know before I throw myself into the grind.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't, I should probably preface that with not knowing how Bungie is structured, but it's not unreasonable to expect that ANY environment with a corporate structure is going to someone who'd rather info about the guns was presented to them packaged up in a presentation rather than being actively involved in the development.

Don't forget Bungie also probably has to present what they're working on to Sony, especially if (as theorised) Bungie were purchased in part to help teach Sony how to do live service stuff.

I'm not arguing it's definitely true, I'm just saying a powerpoint presentation is well within the realms of possibility.

Okay, but that doesn't have anything to do with your original post:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The implication here is useless middle management types that only like to stick their fingers in things so they feel involved are the only ones who really benefit from these kinds of presentations, and that's just... not even remotely true. Game information being shared among the teams as a presentation is genuinely useful to a number of disciplines off of the top of my head: marketing, PvP analytics and balance, encounter design, mod balance, audio technicians. Hell, depending on the pipeline, character artists might want to know what guns look like to make armors congruent with them ahead of time (or vice versa).

The only real alternative to disseminating this kind of stuff among development teams is An Email, which doesn't provide accountability (asses in chairs vs. you can't be sure if they actually read the thing) or the potential for addressing concerns and questions (the opportunity to ask if anything's unclear vs. even if you get a reply asking something, you still don't know if they actually read the email).

These kinds of presentations are common and useful, and are rarely (if ever) done for ego-stoking.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Snuffman posted:

Iron banner question:

I'm a returning player, last really played Destiny (as in completed an campaign and regularly played a season) back in Arrivals/Beyond Light/Hunt. I just noticed IB last season brought back some D1 IB armour with the wolf-hood cape.

I want D1 my wolf-hood. I notice its not in the IB engram focusing menu which sort of makes sense since class items are stat-less so why would you re-roll. Is the wolf-hood actually available in this IB?

I'd like to know before I throw myself into the grind.

I think I saw a second focusing menu for legacy items? Unless it's not there either.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Ah sweet Xur has a war rig with 66 stats! Let me just check the distribution and...

You mother fuckers

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Gadzuko posted:

Ah sweet Xur has a war rig with 66 stats! Let me just check the distribution and...

You mother fuckers

Xur is hosed. His legendary armor seems to be Trash Vendor tier now. A couple weeks of all low 50s gear, grr

He seems to be more of a 'did you miss these craftables & cosmetics last year?' guy rather than a weekly bringer of gifts

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I think I saw a second focusing menu for legacy items? Unless it's not there either.

Nope, the current IB armour is there, sans-cape. All the other legacy sets in that menu do, however, have their capes.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Snuffman posted:

Nope, the current IB armour is there, sans-cape. All the other legacy sets in that menu do, however, have their capes.

I think your only hope is to grind and pray that it drops organically.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Xur is hosed. His legendary armor seems to be Trash Vendor tier now. A couple weeks of all low 50s gear, grr

He seems to be more of a 'did you miss these craftables & cosmetics last year?' guy rather than a weekly bringer of gifts

Look most of his budget now goes to star oats and star stables. Do you have any idea how loving expensive that star poo poo is?

(seriously though I was on break for all that poo poo, what the absolute gently caress is going on?)

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
All the Pathfinder armour from Season 15 has rolled low since it was added to Xur. It would also show up alongside a different, well rolled armour set last year. It's an unknown or low priority bug.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Neomuna enemies are 30% tankier than Master Raid content

Everybody knows the Difficulty Levels are all types of goofy right now but it's kinda funny to see a specific case like this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Neomuna enemies are 30% tankier than Master Raid content

Everybody knows the Difficulty Levels are all types of goofy right now but it's kinda funny to see a specific case like this

yeah Neptune patrols are like -15 light scaled for everyone no matter what it’s dumb as poo poo

But hey you get red frames from the rare patrols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking