Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The Holly Holm preview might be the best fight preview ever written

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Extremely good poo poo, Carl

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
At first, I misread Manuel Torres as Miguel Torres and thought I had become unstuck in time.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
That holm fight write up hahaha perfect in every way

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It’s absolutely crushing when you consider she’s the woman who handled Ronda like a bullfighter.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Absolute prose.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Can mma journalism induce a mid life crisis? Asking for a friend.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Shumagorath posted:

It’s absolutely crushing when you consider she’s the woman who handled Ronda like a bullfighter.

Buster Douglass

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
today i thought about this video and laughed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV5zqPW-ukI

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
holy holmes: the despair bringer

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Boco_T posted:

The Holly Holm preview might be the best fight preview ever written

Hell most of the posts on this page have been amazing, too.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr. Nice! posted:

Hell most of the posts on this page have been amazing, too.

Not mine :colbert:

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

If the UFC ever hold an event in Asia featuring Nate Landwehr, I demand that Carl's preview be titled "Never Get Involved In A Landwehr In Asia".

Outstanding preview as usual, Carl!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
left elbows, right leg kicks
jabs hooks and straights baby you could have whatever you like

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Getting my ONE Friday Fights preview in at the last second:

ONE Friday Fights 10 - 2022-03-24
Lumpinee Boxing Stadium, Bangkok, Thailand

Airs 8:30 AM ET to 12:30 PM ET on Youtube

ONE says that last week, ONE Friday Fights was the “most-viewed Muay Thai event in history.” So, you don’t have to take just my word that it’s a great show, everyone in Thailand is watching it too.

This week’s main event features Yodkritsada battling Theptaksin at 132 lbs. Both are making their ONE Friday Fights debuts. Yodkritsada, known as “The Human Rock,” is 31 years old and already has a 1-1 record in 2023. In 2022 he was 4-2-1, after having no fights in 2021.

Theptaksin was out of pro fighting for a year between October 2021 and November 2022, and is 1-1 since his return. He is 25 years old and is the WMTC 135 lb champion. They were originally set to meet on 2/25 but the fight was delayed because Theptaksin hurt his elbow in his knockout victory over Yodchai on February 1. He says he has been training two months for his first fight with the small gloves as well as his first time doing only 3 rounds.

Notable on the undercard is the return after only three weeks of “I’m Him” Lawrence Phillips, who made a literal impact on the Lumpinee crowd with an 18-second slam knockout of Ben Parker at OFF7.

Part 1

Petklangna vs. Shingo Shibata (MT 145)
Anton Petrov vs. Luca Lombardo (MT 160)
Lawrence Phillips (2-0) vs. Akhmed Baguzhaev (1-0) (MMA 265)
Yu Karino (8-2) vs. Ivan Parshikov (9-3) (MMA 145)
Yod-IQ vs. Samuel Bielen (MT 145)
Chorfah vs. Sherzod Kabutov (MT 136)

Part 2

Thongpoon vs. Tomorrow (MT 118)
Supalek vs. Sonrak (MT 135)
Teeyai vs. Manolis Kallistis (MT 125)
Rak Erawan vs. Chusap (MT 116)
Paedsanlek vs. Panrit (MT 145)
Yodkritsada vs. Theptaksin (MT 132)

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 24, 2023

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The second half of this week's ONE Friday Fights was not aired on Youtube in the US, and was instead aired only on "Fan Duel TV." I had to VPN to Canada to see it. ONE is loving allergic to becoming successful, I swear.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Belated thank yous. It was also art therapy, so hey.

Also Tamires Vidal/Hailey Cowan and Manuel Torres/Trey Ogden are both off tomorrow's card, so we're down to eleven fights and what'll probably be a whole bunch of dead air.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Fight Week, Pets Week - Vera vs Sandhagen edition!

Marlon's pup

Cory's dog

He's also a Lizard Dad

Holly Holm and River

Andrea Lee's bunny

Maycee Barber's dog

Steve Peterson has a dang lemur

CJ Vergara's dog, Gimli

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

this has to be the most diverse pet week yet. Sandhagen being a reptile guy makes me like him more.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Gimli is my best friend. I would die fighting alongside Gimli

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Someone needs to do a report on type of pet/breed of dog vs. UFC record wins/loses

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
if anyone was wondering why The Slam Man Lawrence I'm Him Phillips was missing on the undercard this morning

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

best pet week yet. that chameleon is very pretty :3:

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

When spinning poo poo goes wrong
https://twitter.com/FuryFightingTX/status/1639424721434578944

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandhagen's dog looks ready to rumble

It seems if you're not jon jones or genki sudo maybe spinning poo poo isn't for you

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Eat This Glob posted:

best pet week yet. that chameleon is very pretty :3:

They get bright like that when they’re mad, lol — not a dig at him, it probably was annoyed by the photo taking process.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Genki sudo getting sick of dominating mma and quitting to do the robot in pursuit of world peace owns

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

Genki sudo getting sick of dominating mma and quitting to do the robot in pursuit of world peace owns

I always thought it was a little odd he only got 3 fights in the UFC. He got two good subs and his only loss was really because of incompetent refereeing. He fought some guys too.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Good dogs, love the poodle.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I always thought it was a little odd he only got 3 fights in the UFC. He got two good subs and his only loss was really because of incompetent refereeing. He fought some guys too.

If I remember correctly Genki said in some interviews that he hated the cage and in general was displeased with the UFC, and that was back in the day where Pride and K-1 were getting into bidding wars for national heroes and the UFC's minimum pay was $2k/2k, so that probably ended the possibility real fast.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CarlCX posted:

If I remember correctly Genki said in some interviews that he hated the cage and in general was displeased with the UFC, and that was back in the day where Pride and K-1 were getting into bidding wars for national heroes and the UFC's minimum pay was $2k/2k, so that probably ended the possibility real fast.

based genki sudo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

well, worst reffing of the year is wrapped up
edit: just to be clear about what you're getting into this video is a man being choked unconscious, then choked while unconscious, then having his arm broken while he is still not really conscious

https://twitter.com/AlexBehunin/status/1639484540388532226

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, that just keeps going

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yeah I'm not watching that. Fire the ref into the loving sun.

Props to his opponent for actually trying to kill him. I'd have probably stopped after I made him an unconscious sack of meat. And that's why I'm not a loving fighter.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Between the ref, the losing fighter's corner, and the winner snapping an unconscious person's arm, everyone kinda sucks here

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What the fucccck

He held and transitioned the sub so long that he woke up from passing out to find himself in an armbar. Unreal.
MMA kinda sucks. You've got assholes like Dana in the "good" league and outright sociopaths in the rest.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Mar 25, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

HOW IS THERE A SITUATION WHERE THE GUY CHOKING SOMEONE UNCONCIOUS AND THEN BREAKING IS ARM IS THE LEAST AT FAULT.

for gently caress sake. Protect your loving fighters you useless, dumb cunts in his corner.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The dude choking the dude and then breaking his arm is absolutely not the least at fault.

He could have stopped choking the dude when he passed out, and then not have broken the sleeping man's arm.
He's the most at fault, he held all the power to stop and didn't.

Everyone sucks here, but the dude actually doing this is the one with the control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Palette cleanser

https://twitter.com/BloodyElbow/status/1639300553652989954