Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Snuffman posted:

Nope, the current IB armour is there, sans-cape. All the other legacy sets in that menu do, however, have their capes.

It drops from playing. You can focus the legacy class items because you can get them even if you haven't got them in the past. There's currently no need for a wolf cape focus because everyone has to earn it from playing and once they do they can pull it from collections.

Just be prepared for it to only drop after 3 resets because of desire RNG.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

But hey you get red frames from the rare patrols

Drop rate still garbage, though.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
They already took contest, the least they could do was move the difficulty to master :(

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I almost hope the next raid is even easier with how obnoxious reddit is being about RoN.

I honestly don't trust bungie to only make contest and master harder while not negatively effecting normal.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

how do i do this triumph that requires 12 iron banner daily challenges?

i thought maybe i needed to do them on other characters but the challenges don't appear on them and the upgraded rewards tab shows them as already being done

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The single "weekly" when you hover over it for doing it with whatever subclass is actually four or so. You do X then it changes to Y then Z.

e: Wait I think I misunderstood your question and you already knew that.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

yeah i finished them on my main

i've googled it and apparently you are intended to do them on other characters so i guess it's broken??

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You could also wait for the next IB. There will be a total of 12 challenges across 3 IBs this season

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Welp

I did something dumb and accidentally nuked my D2 character. I unlinked my old stadia account from bungie cross-save, which was where I first started D2. I soon switched over to steam where I've been playing for years.

Turns out my primary character was linked to stadia? Even though it's been long shutdown. Idk I just didn't want stadia linked to my bungie account anymore.

Anyway, I'm on the fence if I'll just start fresh or just sign off. If there's anything funky about missing my paid expansions on my steam account then I'm just not going to bother.

:rip: my void hunter exo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
drat dude that sucks rear end and it's inexcusable that it even COULD happen, mechanically

... However...

Those suckas sent out like two trillion reminder emails about how to avoid exactly that happening!! I couldn't even point out a Stadia in a police line up and I know I got dozens of reminders from Bungie about how to not nuke my account

(still bungie fault that this happened to you)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

neutral milf hotel posted:

Welp

I did something dumb and accidentally nuked my D2 character. I unlinked my old stadia account from bungie cross-save, which was where I first started D2. I soon switched over to steam where I've been playing for years.

Turns out my primary character was linked to stadia? Even though it's been long shutdown. Idk I just didn't want stadia linked to my bungie account anymore.

Anyway, I'm on the fence if I'll just start fresh or just sign off. If there's anything funky about missing my paid expansions on my steam account then I'm just not going to bother.

:rip: my void hunter exo

You should def contact Bungie support, just in case there's anything they can do. I dunno if that's possible or likely but worth a shot right?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh it's entirely my fault. I went through several screens asking me if I'm absolutely positively sure I want to unlink my stadia account. I just figured my old stadia account was vestigial and no longer needed. :shrug: I knew it was risky to unlink but I did it anyway

I honestly don't mind starting over. I just miss my gyrfalcon hauberk and the build supporting that exotic. :argh:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

syntaxfunction posted:

You should def contact Bungie support, just in case there's anything they can do. I dunno if that's possible or likely but worth a shot right?

That could be a saving grace. Has anyone reached out to them before? What's the best medium or place?

(If any bungie employees read this thread then DM me)

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Did I really have to schlep out to Radiosonde in "Unfinished Business" just to see a conversation that would've easily been had at some place like the Hall of Heroes? This was a huge waste of time. Speaking of wastes of time, after getting the final data packet I immediately went back to Nimbus thinking that was where the next step was supposed to be, but I didn't wait long enough for the conflux to fully disintegrate and trigger it, so I had to go all the way back there and do the ambush again. Thanks, Bungie.

Also, I really don't like Strand. It's so unwieldy and doesn't match my playstyle at all. Having to purchase all the Aspects and Fragments with an arbitrary currency at exorbitant prices to do the Final Strand quest isn't helping matters.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I'm sorry but have you heard of our lord and savior the Shackle Grenade?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grimthwacker posted:

Also, I really don't like Strand. It's so unwieldy and doesn't match my playstyle at all. Having to purchase all the Aspects and Fragments with an arbitrary currency at exorbitant prices to do the Final Strand quest isn't helping matters.

Which class are you using? It plays somewhat differently between them.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Grimthwacker posted:

Did I really have to schlep out to Radiosonde in "Unfinished Business" just to see a conversation that would've easily been had at some place like the Hall of Heroes? This was a huge waste of time. Speaking of wastes of time, after getting the final data packet I immediately went back to Nimbus thinking that was where the next step was supposed to be, but I didn't wait long enough for the conflux to fully disintegrate and trigger it, so I had to go all the way back there and do the ambush again. Thanks, Bungie.

There's a bunch of collectables around Neomuna that you can collect for like 20 strand bucks a pop, youtube a guide, I suspect they should get you most of the way to all the fragments.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the intent is that doing all the Neomuna content will give you enough meditations to buy most of Strand. After that, you can do a reasonable amount of the grindable bits to fill out the rest

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the Titanfall Smart Pistol you get from getting all the fragments for strand is fun too

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Spamming Terminal Overrides is also a good source of strand currency, especially if they're in the vex invasion zone.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
"Kills and assists you make while standing in your Well of Radiance return Super energy."

So it... extends the super? Or do I just get a bunch of the meter back afterwards?

Why can't they write this poo poo in a way that makes sense?

Edit: Oh, I see, the meter empties as soon as I use the super and I just get more of it when I get kills as its running. OkAY.

Bleck fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 25, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie: you can only do the post campaign content and exotic missions once per account

Also Bungie: you gotta earn 4,000 strand bucks for every character tho

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Still less heinous then "rng weekly timegated bounty that you could get screwed on and get an objective that takes 20 strikes to do as opposed to like, five".

I still haven't fully unlocked Stasis on Hunter or Titan yet because of that.

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Had a good first experience with an lfg in the overchill server tonight. Thanks, goons. c:

Oh, also, I made an infographic to help with call outs for the third RoN encounter and fancy dates.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

I'm fairly certain auto rifles aren't really part of the pvp meta at the moment, but I was messing around in IB last night and grabbed a Ringing Nail out of my vault and that thing ripped so much rear end. Ended up consistently placing the top 2 of my team's leaderboards and finished a whole reset.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Since I'm a new light again (:argh:) , it was fun to increase my rank from 1 to 2 and have rando guardians at the last city be really supportive and high five me :hfive:

Getting back to rank 6 shouldn't take too long just gotta do a bunch of New Light campaign stuff

it sucks that I lost everything on my character. But I'm liking the new challenge with starting fresh

Yeah

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Glad to hear that it's working out! Or at least, you've found a new way to enjoy the game.

Did your Vault go too?

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Paracelsus posted:

Which class are you using? It plays somewhat differently between them.

Hunter. Grapple's wonky to me, and it takes way too long to cool down, especially when trying to platform. Grenades and tangles aren't that special compared to other subclasses that do more direct damage and/or have have special effects applied. I main either Solar or Stasis and I'm still retooling Arc and Void to have a consistent gimmick (right now for Arc I'm going all in on blinding effects), and I enjoy them a whole lot more because they let me zip around and control the battlefield with freezing or scorching (and I will always love Gunpowder Gamble). I'm having trouble finding a place for Strand with what limited capabilities I have right now.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

Glad to hear that it's working out! Or at least, you've found a new way to enjoy the game.

Did your Vault go too?

It still stings but I'm looking to make something positive out of it. And yeah my vault is gone.

the weird thing is I can still access my old character and vault in DIM and the D2 companion app by switching to my linked stadia account. That data is still there but bungie just won't let me access that account anymore (cuz I stupidly unlinked it in cross save)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

If you haven't noticed, grappling a tangle doesn't use up your grapple charge. Hunters also leave behind grapple points when they grapple that they or others can use without using up the grapple. Otherwise, you need to build into grenade recharge/cooldown. It is unfortunate you can't grapple more out of combat or something.

Something I'm missing about Iron Banner Fortress is that losses tended to be quick if your team didn't play the objective. Control matches feel like a bit of a slog when your team isn't really playing the objective but not getting totally stomped.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

It still stings but I'm looking to make something positive out of it. And yeah my vault is gone.

the weird thing is I can still access my old character and vault in DIM and the D2 companion app by switching to my linked stadia account. That data is still there but bungie just won't let me access that account anymore (cuz I stupidly unlinked it in cross save)

the fact that you can access it still makes me think it might be possible to salvage the data. Maybe try the bungie help forums?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

arsenicCatnip posted:

the fact that you can access it still makes me think it might be possible to salvage the data. Maybe try the bungie help forums?

None of D2 Stadia's data was actually hosted on Stadia, it was all the same Bungie-controlled backend servers as the other platforms. They depended on the platforms to do authentication that proves the user controlled that platform account and therefore should be allowed to access the corresponding game account. Cross-save just let you override that so you could route your PSN login to a character you had created through Stadia if you could prove you controlled both accounts. With the Stadia service shut down, there's no longer any way to prove you control the Stadia character, so you can't log into it or re-establish the cross-save override. So yes, the Stadia characters most likely still exist, just in a dead database that users have no path to

I went looking to see if Bungie had ever announced a plan to rescue Stadia characters by allowing some way to reassign them to other platforms, but they don't seem to have ever made any announcement about that. Even aside from the technical obstacles, there's probably a major risk of mistakes or intentional account theft there, and if it's not something the database was originally intended to do it may involve a significant amount of work and/or downtime to pull it off

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The current lost sector is pretty easy for anybody needing a solo flawless. Finally got it done.

RBX fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 25, 2023

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

arsenicCatnip posted:

I'm strongly considering it. I spent all evening yesterday reading their FAQ and seeing what I missed. Their documentation is pretty explicit that unlinking stadia accounts is a very bad idea lol

haveblue posted:

None of D2 Stadia's data was actually hosted on Stadia, it was all the same Bungie-controlled backend servers as the other platforms. They depended on the platforms to do authentication that proves the user controlled that platform account and therefore should be allowed to access the corresponding game account. Cross-save just let you override that so you could route your PSN login to a character you had created through Stadia if you could prove you controlled both accounts. With the Stadia service shut down, there's no longer any way to prove you control the Stadia character, so you can't log into it or re-establish the cross-save override. So yes, the Stadia characters most likely still exist, just in a dead database that users have no path to

I went looking to see if Bungie had ever announced a plan to rescue Stadia characters by allowing some way to reassign them to other platforms, but they don't seem to have ever made any announcement about that. Even aside from the technical obstacles, there's probably a major risk of mistakes or intentional account theft there, and if it's not something the database was originally intended to do it may involve a significant amount of work and/or downtime to pull it off

That makes sense. I could argue that their logs would show that I played D2 with that character up until yesterday until I initiated the unlinking. Don't think that'll get me very far, though

I'm thinking back to when a bad patch deleted some user's characters and it was a Herculean effort on bungie's side to rollback changes and resurrect those accounts

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Good luck with the help forum. Not to dissuade you or anything but I had a similar issue and was 100% ignored by all Bungie employees. You will get some useless replies from community volunteers who can't do poo poo for you though, for sure

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Here's what confuses me: I've been playing through my stream account for the majority of time. I even bought all the expansions and season passes through steam. But because I created my character on stadia when I was trying out the game then that's the original account.

I mistakenly thought my account was through steam because that's how I login and have the expansions.

Anyway. I won't weep about it itt. But I'll share some odd side effects soon though.

Gadzuko posted:

Good luck with the help forum. Not to dissuade you or anything but I had a similar issue and was 100% ignored by all Bungie employees. You will get some useless replies from community volunteers who can't do poo poo for you though, for sure

Yeah that's my feeling too :whitewater:

What happened with your account?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grimthwacker posted:

Hunter. Grapple's wonky to me, and it takes way too long to cool down, especially when trying to platform. Grenades and tangles aren't that special compared to other subclasses that do more direct damage and/or have have special effects applied. I main either Solar or Stasis and I'm still retooling Arc and Void to have a consistent gimmick (right now for Arc I'm going all in on blinding effects), and I enjoy them a whole lot more because they let me zip around and control the battlefield with freezing or scorching (and I will always love Gunpowder Gamble). I'm having trouble finding a place for Strand with what limited capabilities I have right now.

What made the class work for me was switching from grapple to the snare grenade, and having the fragment that gives grenade energy when you deal damage. Suspend All The Things with your two grenade charges and your class ability, deal damage to the suspended things with your melee, tangles, or regular aoe weapons, repeat. It's not quite as synergistic as the Osteo/Necrotic warlock build, but it gets the job done and the super is kinda nutty, with excellent room clear, excellent single target damage, and the ability to mix and match the two as needed.

The class got done dirty by the campaign setup, I think.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Here's what confuses me: I've been playing through my stream account for the majority of time. I even bought all the expansions and season passes through steam. But because I created my character on stadia when I was trying out the game then that's the original account.

I mistakenly thought my account was through steam because that's how I login and have the expansions.

Anyway. I won't weep about it itt. But I'll share some odd side effects soon though.

Yeah that's my feeling too :whitewater:

What happened with your account?

I bought D2 at release, which meant my account was originally through Battle.net. When Forsaken came out Bungie switched to Steam so they put out a character transfer tool so everyone could move their characters over. I didn't play Forsaken, or Shadowkeep, so I didn't bother with the transfer. When Beyond Light came out, I bought it and logged in to an empty character menu, said "oh yeah the character transfer" and logged out to go do that. After it finished, I logged in again and everything seemed fine, but then I realized I didn't have any of the season passes even though I had bought the deluxe edition.

After some googling I discovered that the season passes get applied to your Bungie account the first time you log in. So what had happened was that I had logged in to an empty Steam account, the season passes were applied to that, and then I did the character transfer which overwrote that account and now I had my characters but no season pass. Obviously a weird issue, and in the end my friends didn't play Beyond Light anyway so I wouldn't have used the season passes much, but still annoying. I posted a few times on Bungie's forums and contacted Steam support about it but got no help, and I didn't have the energy at the time to keep pursuing it, so I just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
For all the talk about catalyst drop rates the other day in two back to back banner matches I got the midas cat and another one as well. Thanks to those of you who spoke these things into the weird loving karma of the universe.