Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

mastersord posted:

You killed her in the future because the events of the first game took place after the events of the 2020 games. Time-line is not actually messed up by this. The events that sent part of Atlantis hurtling into the distant future though..

:kstare: ...MY MIND!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Alright, the Fate/Extra LP is now 100% done. This will be moving back to two updates/week in two weeks or so.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

mastersord posted:

You killed her in the future because the events of the first game took place after the events of the 2020 games. Time-line is not actually messed up by this. The events that sent part of Atlantis hurtling into the distant future though..

So was Eden always the future of (a fantastical, alternate version) our world, going back to 7D1? This LP is my only real experience with the 7th Dragon games.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Sum Gai posted:

So was Eden always the future of (a fantastical, alternate version) our world, going back to 7D1? This LP is my only real experience with the 7th Dragon games.

Correct. The exact timeline is Atlantis -> 12K years -> 7D2020 -> 1 year -> 2020-II -> ~80 years -> VFD -> 5K years -> 7D1 -> 100 years -> VFD Eden arc.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Sum Gai posted:

Sorta. The twist of being a regressed future of a modern world was in 7th Dragon 1, but at the time, it was ambiguous whether it was actually meant to be our Earth or a fantasy equivalent simply referencing it. VFD makes references to a Tokion, which is a lategame location you go to in 7th Dragon 1. It's not called Tokyo at the time of DS cause it may not have been decided whether to make that the actual real life Earth and not a equivalent.

Of course starting from 2020, they definitely changed their minds it being ambiguous and yeah the setting was actual Earth from 2020 onwards.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LIX - Featuring: A True Dragon being utterly clowned on

Yeah, sure, Hypnos took the longest to kill out of all bosses so far at a whopping 13 turns, but I also crippled myself in a number of ways. My team was designed entirely to deal with Solitary Sword, it has poor sustained DPS once GEORGE! runs out of bombs, and overuse of support effects meant I had to wait even longer to use Unison.

But what if I just wanted Hypnos dead ASAP?

Music: Preloma - Ruined Scholar City

Here we are, back before the fight with Hypnos, but this time the team is a bit... different.

Valerie will be leading the charge today, backed by her six identical twin sisters and two Prinny enthusiasts.

Don't worry Hypnos, this won't take but a minute.

Music: Ignith of the Final Attack feat. riya(eufonius)

I just need to chill for two turns while the Knight Squad builds meter.

Turn 1.

Turn 2.

Turn 3.

Don't have to worry about Solitary Sword if you kill Hypnos in one turn!

The hardest boss in the game, everyone!

The solution to a boss you can't faceroll is to just faceroll even harder!

Music: None

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Music: If these Hands could Reach

This feeling is... unbelievable... My hatred is... dissipating... Ah... This is the first time I have ever felt pure joy... Unit 13... The true dragon hunters of this world... Defeat the True Dragons, as I know only you can... And save your planet from the sadness they, and we Hypnos, have caused...

*nods*

Aytel... I'm so sorry... My only sister, who has traveled by my side for an eternity...

Yes... The dragon hunters will handle the rest...!

*nods*

Free this planet from the chains of hatred that bind it...

And continue to protect those you love...

*nods*

This planet... This universe...

*nods*

So it's all over, huh? Good going, Unit 13.

I'm so glad you're safe!

Music: Stops

But first, we must retrieve the Haze and Hypnos specimens. Please lend me a hand.

*nods*

...What exactly are we getting Hypnos' sample from? Haze is the Eden Dragonslayer, so we can get something off that, but Emel's body just disappeared.

Music: UE77 Tokyo

That will be the last we see of blue Dragonsbane.

Music: The Daily Grind

Hmph... You don't even look tired. In that case, stop by the War Room before you go to bed. They all can't wait to get their grubby little hands on those True Dragon specimens.

*nods*

But first...

Have to return the parties to how they were.

Music: UE77 In Ariake

That was incredible... You far exceeded my expectations★

You guys really did great. This'll be a huge step towards completing the Dragon Chronicle.

I bet the Dragonsbane in Eden will disappear once we finish off the remaining dragons~. You guys... saved Eden.

As a representative of Eden—, would like to thank you, Unit 13. And you as well, for your splendid navigation efforts.

M-M-Me!? I didn't...

Hahaha! Such humility.

Hmph... I guess the brat did a good job, huh?

Yup! She was a great help this time around★

You're spectacular, my cute little Mio~!

Well... Jil and I must go check on Ms. Nagiri's condition, then head back to Eden. There's loads of work that needs to be done for the restoration~.

We shall visit Tokyo again once the first phase is complete. However, we will help you if ever you find yourself in need! Think of it as returning the favor!

*nods*

See you later, Unit 13~.

There is something else I wish to speak with you about.

*nods*

...Thank you. I'll be waiting.

Man, you guys have gotten real strong. Maybe I can finally retire to the French Riviera now.

~

We have five specimens now... This has all gone significantly quicker than I originally expected!

To the terrace!

Music: Re:Vanishment (code:VFD Ver)

I can't help but wonder about what Hypnos said... That True Dragons are the pinnacle of evolution...

Obviously, all living things seek evolution... and power. If True Dragons are the pinnacle...

Humans want to be True Dragons?

It likely isn't a conscious thought. However, it is quite possibly our base instinct as living beings.

~

That's not evolution.

You're wrong. Evolution is power, and power is everything.

~~

The powerful... have a great responsibility. It is reasonable to conclude that both emotion and intellect rely on the presence of power. Consequently, the strong lead the weak... and in turn must lead the planet in a better direction. No matter which way you look at it, that power is the only route to true happiness. Perhaps... True Dragon is merely a title reserved for the strong ones who lead the planet.

On one hand, it'd be funny as hell if all the rampant powercreep leads to Opal turning into a True Dragon right as she kills VFD and Yuma is forced to mercy kill her.

On the other hand this is the game that's been a funny time travelling adventure the entire time, so the odds of that happening are slim to none.

You're thinking about it wrong.

No... You merely have yet to realize.

~

You want to be a True Dragon?

Not necessarily...

~~

Our wishes likely don't even matter. It is simply the responsibility of the strong. At this point, this idea is nothing more than speculation. However, there is one thing that I am certain of. My existence will grow stronger... Stronger than any True Dragon... And... stronger than you.

This is what I was born to do... and what I will continue to do. There is no stopping me now. I will grow stronger, so that I can be the most powerful being on this planet. Otherwise, my existence will be worthless. I simply can't accept that you are stronger than me... That would be unforgivable.

It's fine. We are rivals, right?

You treat me with grace even after I insult you so... You are truly something.

~

Power isn't important to me.

*chuckle* You and I are truly different. There is a clear, unavoidable gap between us.

If this were a world that had never been struck by the Dragon Calamity, we could have... ...

Never met, as there wouldn't be a need to make a living weapon to load with dragon data in the first place.

Another scene starts as soon as we leave the terrace.

*nods*

I see... Oh, I meant to tell you... I want to go visit Mr. Yoritomo. I'm not really sure what I'm going to talk to him about, though... Could you come with me?

Of course.

Really!?

~

You should go alone.

Don't say that... It would be so awkward... I'm sure he'd be happy to see as many people as possible!

~~

*nods*

What a relief...! OK, let's go!

We've come so far...

A quick stop to see what Julietta has to say.

And to the Medical Floor!

U-U-Um... I'm sorry!

M-My wounds have healed. I must return to ISDF HQ.

Doctor Hori: Hey! You can't do that! I don't care how tough you think you are! You need your rest!

Y-Yeah! You shouldn't push yourself!

Hrmph...

You're imagining things.

Doctor Hori: Yes, yes. You must be right. I'm surely just making this up.

A small jingle plays, for some reason.

Doctor Hori: H-Hey, stop that... Now you're making this sound like it's my fault...

~

Then lighten the mood!

Doctor Hori: Oho? Is that a challenge? Well, it's a doctor's job to handle impossible requests! Leave this to me!

Doctor Hori: Here I go!

The same jingle plays.

Doctor Hori: *pant* *pant* I guess times have changed...

~~

...?

I-I'm doing well now thanks to my friends... I'm not in pain anymore...

There's no need to act tough. You must surely be exhausted.

I heard you've officially begun working as a navigator here... Take a break if you feel even the slightest exhaustion. That will be beneficial for everyone.

It sounds like you know a lot about Dragon Sickness...

Professor Nagumo is working on the serum over at the ISDF laboratory. He will surely succeed soon. You will just have to hold on until then.

Um, but why are you...

Even the minor NPCs can tell that they're father and daughter.

Doctor Hori: Mr. Yoritomo should be fine as long as he gets some rest.

What about Mio?

Doctor Hori: Her symptoms have stabilized. As Mr. Yoritomo said, she just needs to keep well-rested...

~

What about Nagiri?

Doctor Hori: She's still unconscious, but she's over the hump. Just as I'd expect from an Eden huntress. Having said that, it would be best to let her rest for the time being.

~~

Doctor Hori: You should rest as well, Unit 13. And about that girl and her navigation job... Let her continue as long as she wishes to do it. Humans tend to recover more quickly when they have important work to do. I'm sure being your navigator has added a great deal of purpose to her life.

And with that-

-Chapter 5 comes to a close.

Next time: You know what's better than one filler chapter?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

This feeling is... unbelievable... My hatred is... dissipating... Ah... This is the first time I have ever felt pure joy...

She's finally free from the franchise.

Yeah this is pretty much how to utterly vaporize and disrespect the game into dust. Nothing can really stand up to mass Brave Sword spam, especially when you abuse the Unison system to act 9 times per turn every 2 turns. Like what can stand up to this? Nothing. Hypnos is the hardest boss in the game with no contest and she just crumpled to this. The sheer amount of power creep and broken mechanics are unreal, and you really can't do this level of bullshit in the previous games.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

RIP, Emil. At least you had more dignity than every other enemy in this game for a moment.

Unfortunately this is VDF, which can be summed up by this pic:

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Hypnos is sure one of the fights of all time, and good to see it get clowned on like it deserves to be not once, but twice.

:five:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

RIP, Emil. At least you had more dignity than every other enemy in this game for a moment.

Unfortunately this is VDF, which can be summed up by this pic:

:five:

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
...SANTA, NNOOOOOOOO!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I made a few more interesting discoveries after noticing something in the last update that spurred me to experiment.

Turns out Sacrifice can crit! And yes, this stacks fully with the EX boost! So if you get lucky, it can chunk off 33.75% HP! Or 35.4375% if you get lucky with damage rolls. Meaning that you can lower a boss down to a mere 29.125% of their maximum HP.

Bizarrely this skill is also bugged. EX works weirdly with it. Against 1 enemy, it works fine. Against multiple enemies, the EX boost only works on the first enemy it hits. All other enemies only take the base damage. Which is odd as this skill worked fine with EX in 2020-II, though it wasn't a percentile damage attack there.

Holy poo poo.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LX - Featuring: Even more filler

Music: Destructive Curse

Oh joy, we can see what atrocities the ISDF can get up to with two more True Dragon samples.

This is an incurable disease. Stopping its progress is a great achievement in and of itself.

Thank you. However, after further research, I was able to confirm that it is no ordinary disease. It shouldn't even be called a sickness in the first place. It's almost as if it's testing humanity...

So it is a sickness that... filters out the weak?

I believe so. I can't help but feel... There is an immeasurably powerful being watching over humanity... Stimulating our growth...

The sickness is a filter? That seems unnecessary. The strong can simply control the weak. That is the most beautiful state of existence.

Oh so that's where Yuma got it from.

That arrogant ideology suits you well, Akutsu.

Hahaha! That seems a bit harsh.

Professor Nagumo... We wish for you to further strengthen Yuma using those specimens.

There we go.

You fool... Yuma has already had three True Dragon specimens installed into him. Adding any more may very well destroy him!

We are well aware, Professor. No need to worry, though. We have many replacements... More importantly, Yuma himself desires this.

Yuma...

I want to be stronger, no matter how dangerous it may be. Death is better than worthlessness!

It really does irritate me that the game never brings up how the only reason Yuma wants power no matter how self-destructive it gets is because he was raised to want it.

So, you're still worried about proving your worth... Haven't I said not to bother with that? I'm sure the marginalization you feel stems from your being developed in a labora—

Also because, again, Akutsu made it clear that he'll be thrown away the moment he falls behind.

Please, do not brush off my hunger for power like I am some mere gnat. I must prove that I am the strongest! I will not let anyone stand in my way!

Thank you, Professor!

Yuma... Have you discussed this matter with Yoritomo?

No. He would surely object, so... this decision is mine and mine alone.

You fool. Don't you understand how much he cares about you...?

I'm not going to let you die, Yuma. I'll make the adjustments as painless as possible. You must survive, and defeat the True Dragons...

Hm...? What's wrong, Allie? What are you doing down here?

*chuckle* I should be asking you the same thing★ Why do you seem down when we're so close to finally completing the Dragon Chronicle?

Mmm, it's nothing... I was just reminiscing a bit. I had almost completely lost hope in humanity before I joined up with you guys. Operation Code: VFD... The plan by which we'd complete the Dragon Chronicle and save humanity... It was easy to laugh it off as a fanciful story at the time, but now it's actually taking shape...

I always believed that you could make it happen, Julietta.

*giggle* Thank you. Allie... I have much more faith in humanity than I did back then.

They believe that even the most hopeless of situations can change as long as they don't give up... They've even influenced me into working harder... and we all know how hopeless that seemed. *giggle* I suppose there are powerless people all over the world, and yet... As long as people like Unit 13 exist, humanity will bounce back, no matter how many times we fall.

I was ready to give up on humanity after just the slightest scratch to my ego...

Yes, of course. But...

What Unit 13 has shown us... And the darkness you saw with ISDF ten years ago... Both are faces of humanity. Did your observation of Unit 13 make you forget why you left ISDF in the first place?

...!? Of course not! I'll never forgive them for what they did...!

Having said that, we must always be thinking about the future of humanity. Don't you agree?

Yes, you're right... I'm sorry, I let my emotions get the best of me.

Allie... Can I leave the search I for the final True Dragon specimen to you...?

Of course! My sixth sense will handle it!

I'll be counting on you. Let's do everything we can to fulfill our ideal... and complete Operation Code: VFD.

Same rules as the last Intermission, we have a few marked quests we have to do before we can move on to chapter 6.

Oh by the way, Director Yoshida was looking for you, too. He wanted to let you know about these things called... EX Skills, I think. Director Yoshida's down on the R&D Floor, so get down there and visit when you have the chance. Honestly, I wish we could give you some time off before your next mission... But you can't eat for free! Looks like you're gonna have to work extra hard today!

oooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH BABY

Construction is now available for the Reference Room Lv. 3.

Construction is now available for the Warehouse Lv. 2.

Let's get a quick cutscene out of the way before we do anything.

Music: A Place to Come Home

Chika, no! Get up get up get up!

Snap out of it! We've got loads of work still left to do! No breaks 'til the end of the month!

You're so... cruel... I don't like this... I wish I could turn into a koala... Nobody bothers them when they want to sleep all day...

Yeah, yeah. That's enough of your silly talk! It's time to work work work! Ah, I'm so thankful that I have somewhere I can work every day! That gratitude is essential!

Urgh... You're such a workaholic...

*scratches head*

Oh, Unit 13... I've been working every day and night for a week straight... I'm so worn out... Who ever could help me finish all this work I have...? *wink* *wink*

Haha! Abusive work culture!

Chika! Don't be so quick to rely on Unit 13! You need to figure out how to do things on your own!

*whimper* Did you hear what she just said to me!? I'm so embarrassed...

Look, I know we have all sorts of quests n' stuff now, but I'm sure Unit 13 is busy, too.

I love working.

U-Unit 13...! Such courage, jumping so willingly into the jaws of death! You are truly the model corporate worker team! I'm moved to tears!

~

I'd do anything for Chika.

U-Um, I... I, uh... have a little bit more work left today... But... I'll be free after five...

You can star in your little romcom once everything's finished!

*whimper*

~~

Um... There are three requests specially for Unit 13... If you finish those, I'll be able to sleep in my bed for the first time in two weeks... Would you... help us...?

*nods*

Thank you, Unit 13... *sob* I put a ★ mark on the quests you need to help with. Thank you so much...!

Music: Let's Get to Work!!

Clearing out Preloma left us with just enough Dz to make one thing right now.

The final level on the Skylounge gives the third set of dates, which also give out a lot of really good gear. However, I want to wait till I have everyone's IDs so I can knock them out in one go.

I upgrade the Reference Room to see if it unlocks that door in the restricted section.

She looked like she was gonna die from working so much. I guess she's always like that, though.

~

*chuckle* As President of this company, I'm honestly impressed with your work, Unit 13★

As you might expect from this game, the vast majority of NPCs have the exact same lines as before.

The Sway Ring is an accessory that gives +10% evasion. Combined with Opal's SPD Acupressure you can get a whopping 35% dodge chance!

Shame that VFD is a hyper aggressive game and no one picked up Idol's Miss React so evasion isn't really important.

I also grabbed Valerie a set of Phazer Rings to kill the chance of an enemy attacking her before Brave Sword can land.

I then completely forget to check the door.

It's still locked, by the way.

The Eden refugees are the only generic NPCs with new lines.

Wounded Huntsman: I was getting my arm checked out in the Infirmary, but it got so crowded they had to kick me out!

~

Disoriented Girl: *cough* *cough* N-No matter where I look, I can't find the Infirmary...

Although there seems to be a trend here...

~

Goht: 'onestly, I'm real good at cooking!

~

Chiako: We came here to get away from the dragons, yet they're rampaging here as well...

Myrna: My name is Myrna.

They used to be real snooty, but they actually came and talked to me! That's what I call progress.

Is the material of my clothing too thin...? The people of Tokyo tend to gaze... at my chest.

Again, she's 16 what the gently caress.

The time has come.

DIRECTOR MAN.

IMPART UNTO ME YOUR SECRETS.

Director Yoshida: My job is to analyze your fighting data and make sure it reflects accurately in 7th Encount. That's why I know everything there is to know about you guys, especially regarding battle! From what I can tell, you should be able to push your battle abilities to the next level! But you're probably wondering how you make that happen, right?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Director Yoshida: EX Skills are called such because in order to use them, you have to expend a full Exhaust Gauge. They're the most amazing, perfect powers in existence! But in order to master a class's EX Skill, you'll need an EX-pert! Someone level 50 or higher! Does that sound impossible? Don't give up! Just ask away. Which EX Skill are you interested in?

Just like 2020, each class has to do a small sidequest to unlock their EX Skill. Samurai in particular has to do one for each sword style.

Samurai (Sword)

Director Yoshida: Let me give you a hint about how to acquire that EX Skill! The guy who raised Yuma should know all there is to know about the Samurai class. Go seek guidance from Yoritomo on the Medical Floor. He'll coax out your ultimate form! Make sure your leader is a Samurai who's level 50 or higher! Your sword will overcome all!

~

Samurai (Dual Blade)

Director Yoshida: Let me give you a hint about how to acquire that EX Skill! The guy who raised Yuma should know all there is to know about the Samurai class. Go seek guidance from Yoritomo on the Medical Floor. He'll coax out your ultimate form! Make sure your leader is a Samurai who's level 50 or higher! You will see the duality of life!

~

Agent

Director Yoshida: Let me give you a hint about how to acquire that EX Skill! As an Agent, the ability to gather information is absolutely necessary. As a test of your skills, try hacking into one of the PCs on the Development Floor! Make sure your leader is an Agent who's level 50 or higher! Work those magic fingers!

~

God Hand

Director Yoshida: Let me give you a hint about how to acquire that EX Skill! There exists a hero who fights only with his fists... Yes, I'm talking about that badass hero! You must go fight against him in 7th Encount! But first, meet up with him in the Main Plaza! Make sure your leader is a God Hand who's level 50 or higher! Fists of fury, go!

~

Duelist

Director Yoshida: Let me give you a hint about how to acquire that EX Skill! Put 1,000 Az into the vending machine on the Conference Floor, then hold down the change button! If you're lucky, you might get a super rare duel card!

They aren't even trying to hide that Yuno's playing Yu-Gi-Oh.

~

Fortuner

Director Yoshida: Let me give you a hint about how to acquire that EX Skill! Do you know the creature that holds the meow-stical ability to soothe hearts? Go to the cafe once you rescue them all! If you use it as usual, you might just think of something! Make sure your leader is a Fortuner who's level 50 or higher! It'll be purr-fect!

~

Rune Knight

Director Yoshida: Let me give you a hint about how to acquire that EX Skill! According to my research, there's a secret tome about Rune Knights hidden in Atlantis. I'm sure Eigur would know its whereabouts. He's the best Rune Knight there's ever been! Make sure your leader is a Rune Knight who's level 50 or higher! Good knight, and good luck!

~

Mage

Director Yoshida: Let me give you a hint about how to acquire that EX Skill! There's a book somewhere in the Reference Room called 666 Sights of the World! Find it! Knowing everything about the breathtaking sights of the world may help you reach a new horizon. Make sure your leader is a Mage who's level 50 or higher! It'll be a-mage-ing!

~

Banisher

Director Yoshida: Let me give you a hint about how to acquire that EX Skill! Do you know of an elusive dragon in the Kazan Republic called the Noble Rosier? Go get its claw! The Noble Rosier is said to only appear in front of a high-level Banisher. The best Banisher in all of Eden should know what to do with that claw! Bring it to Brijilt! Make sure your leader is a Banisher who's level 50 or higher! Banish all your negative thoughts!

So, we have to go talk to Yoritomo (twice), go hack the mainframe, fight Blaster Raven, buy cards until we get the secret rare, rescue every cat in the game, talk to Eigur, read a book, and go fight a dragon. All on top of whatever quests we have to do for the Intermission.

We're going to be here for a while.

Let's start off with good ol' Valerie.

But only the strongest Rune Knight in the world can actually read it. Until he died, that was King Utrello. So, the secret book is in a hidden room in the back of the palace. If you want me to help you, come to the Berg Palace Gate with a strong Rune Knight as your leader.

*nods*

Music: Berg - Ultimate Sea Palace

*nods*

But first, the only one who can read the secret book is the best Rune Knight in the world... You catch my drift?

*nods*

It's time to see once and for all who the best Rune Knight really is!

I'll give you a hint, Eigur:

It isn't you.

Eigur's mostly the same from his fight back in Chapter 2, only he traded out Offense Stance (1.7x ATK) for Power Rune (3.4x ATK). I played around a bit before hitting the Delete Button and he didn't pose a threat.

Dammit... I lost. Looks like you're the best... The book's all yours. Alright... Wait here a sec.

System Message: EX Skills can be learned just like other skills, by allocating SP in the Skill menu. You must have a full Exhaust Gauge to use an EX Skill. Use these skills wisely in battle.

But I'm gonna catch up to you. And someday, I'll be stronger than you. Don't rest on your laurels! I'm coming for that book!

That's Valerie taken care of.

So let's go deal with a dragon real quick.

Next time: Dragons, ethical dilemmas, and Kirino Ayafumi being a dork.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
oh sure, yeah, why don't you just go take a break, have a nice day off. buncha lousy ungrateful kids from their atlantises and their edens, i'm over here busting my rear end getting slapped to death by a big purple man and you're here taking a day off and flirting with the hired help. rassafrassin' grumble mumble.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Stop! Stop! The game cartridge is already a smoking crater! The dragons are already going extinct!

I can only come to one conclusion about the sheer amount of overkill present. Emel created this game.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Duelist's EX:
"Just go grab Exodia off a booster pack"

E:

Araxxor posted:

I can only come to one conclusion about the sheer amount of overkill present. Emel created this game.

gently caress this would make sense. A (mostly) dignified death, dragons getting hunted like big game, a lot of dragon atrocities getting reset.

This is the fanfic that Emel wrote during long sleepless nights, that was never meant to see the light of day.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 21, 2023

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Omobono posted:

Duelist's EX:
"Just go grab Exodia off a booster pack"

The Duelist's EX is more like the Egyptian god cards (or just big beatsticks that are pretty good but not that good in general), Judgement is closer to an Exodia equivalent, being a fairly hard to pull off combo that wins the game (feel free to refer to the write-up earlier in the thread, where Titan's damage multiplier is 14, and a maxed-out Judgement's is 50; I got real good at managing my Duelist's hand real fast once I unlocked it in my game).

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Araxxor posted:

Stop! Stop! The game cartridge is already a smoking crater! The dragons are already going extinct!

...That explains this game's balance so much.

"Ma'am, wasn't this dragon supposed to be a legitimate threat?"
"You're absolutely right; make it weaker!"
"Uh--"
"And while you're at it, throw in a skill that allows the players to essentially nuke the dragons!"
"But...but the balance!"
"gently caress. Dragons."
"Ah, finally greenlighting that dragon dating sim of mine I see---"

:BLAM:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXI - Featuring: A whole heap of EX Skills

Our target for GEORGE!'s EX Skill can be found at the very top of the Ladyin Ruins.

Music: Ladyin - Spiral Ruins

Music: Battlefield - Ultimate Predator (The dragon music has changed!)

The Noble Rosier is... a pink giraffe.

How fitting.

The Rosier keeps Twirl and Back Kick from the Gir-ragon, and also packs Charming Gaze for a 40% chance of confusion against the entire party.

As a sidequest dragon, it has barely enough bulk to survive Earthquake.

Which at least gives us a chance to see its face for once.

The keyword, once again, is 'barely.'

There, we never have to go back to Ladyin ever again.

Ever. Again.

So, fun fact, one of the starred quests we have to do actually involves Jil and Sailas moving to Nodens. Since that hasn't been done yet, Jil shows up out of nowhere for GEORGE!'s EX Skill and will vanish as soon we get it.

*nods*

To think that dragon actually existed... You are incredible, Unit 13! Now, that weapon... Wait here a moment! I shall have Sailas make it right away!

*sigh* I'm surprised I actually managed to complete it with such vague specifications~.

By attaching this to your weapon, you will increase its maximum power by 200%. It will become more difficult to control, but I am sure you will have no trouble.

Well, whip your weapon out. I'll pop this thing onto it~.

Well? Do you feel a difference?

System Message: Power is flowing from your weapon, bringing with it visions of a brilliant skill.

As a Banisher, I cannot let you surpass me...! Let us work hard together to reach the highest of heights!

Like she was never there...

Up next is Opal.

Never underestimate your friendly neighborhood Blaster Raven, the best superhero gamer there is! Let us go forth, Blaster Kids!

Because the Kirino reveal is technically optional, Raven remains entirely in-character for this trip.

*nods*

*nods*

As Raven said, we have to go all the way to the top of Seventh Encount.

Also the enemies here are unchanged from when we came in with Yuma during the last Intermission, so there's no point in fighting them.

Removing limiter...! Cosmic energy, full throttle! I will give this everything I have!

Video: Opal VS Blaster Raven (This one is worth watching just to see Kirino Ayafumi calling his attacks like a dork.)
Music: Battlefield - UE77

I wonder why Raven, of all people, gets a custom intro?

So, right off the bat, Raven has the same health as Eigur at 2.9K.

However, Opal lacks a delete button like Valerie does, so she'll have to actually fight him.

The damage on these solo bosses is toned down a bit to make up for not having someone on hand to heal.

Oh hey, I can go straight to G3!

Blaster Shot (which is more of a kick, really) is Raven's real threat here, what with its 40% chance of Null Action for 2 rounds. If it lands, Opal is pretty much dead right there.

Good thing Opal has a way to heal without wasting a turn!

Blaster Strength is a simple ATK buff that gives a 1.4x boost for 2 turns and is his obvious telegraph move.

Now, I could use Quartetto and end this before he uses whatever super move he's preparing.

But I think Kirino earned the right to show off a bit.

Blaster Fist is Raven's ultimate attack, with each punch having a 60% chance of inflicting a 0.5x Blind.

Alright Kirino, you've had your fun. Now cough up the goods.

Music: Tokyo - Cascading Ordeals

System Message: Power has weIled up within you after your battle with Raven. You thought of an amazing skill!

The poor guy doesn't even get to say anything, he just vanishes.

This is actually a perfect spot to end up.

As you can only swap team leaders at a Terminal, so doing EX Skills in sets of three like this lets you do as little party shuffling as possible.

The next batch will be Yuno, Inoue, and Thomas.

The vending machine for Yuno's EX is right past the War Room.

I wasn't kidding when I called it a secret rare, you do actually have to get lucky on this.

You have a 1/3 chance of getting the EX. If you miss it, you'll randomly get one of Duelist's first four weapons as a consolation prize.

None of them sell for more than 1K, so you can't get clever and game the system for infinite money.

Naturally, I believe in the heart of the cards and get it on my first try.

System Message: Gazing upon the shining hologram, you thought of a fantastic new skill!

It really is that simple.

Up next is Thomas.

A cutscene starts as soon as we enter the floor.

Asuka: It could be anywhere in here. You'll just have to search every shelf from edge to edge.

Or I could just... follow the marker on my map.

System Message: A multicolored tower of water... A bright pink lake... Giant crystals in a cave... This planet we call Earth is full of nature that goes beyond even our wildest dreams. A breathtaking feeling of wonder fills your heart as you study the stunning sights of this planet.

The world is such a beautiful place! loving end it.

And now for Inoue.

A Samurai that wields two blades is always faced with a choice. They must know which sword to block with, and which sword to cut down their opponents with. In order to master the EX Skill, you will need to demonstrate your ability to make proper choices. If you want to understand, meet me at the terrace on the Rest Floor.

I only need the right weapon type to actually do the task, so I can start up Vivian's EX Skill while I'm here.

Fleetness of foot and knowledge of your own limits are key to a Samurai who wields a single sword. If you have the spiritual focus to quickly defeat a Dark Rabi in a one-on-one duel... Perhaps then you will be able to reach a higher state of being. You should be able to complete your training in 7th Encount. I wish you the best of luck.

Music: UE77 In Ariake

Wow, he really had us stand here all day.

A large ship holding 1,000 passengers is sinking in the middle of the ocean. On your way to rescue them, you see a lone person being washed away. What do you do?

Getting the Dual Blade EX is just a matter of answering Baby's First Ethical Dilemmas.

Save the castaway!

You cannot let emotion cloud your focus on the mission. Start over from the beginning!

Failing kicks you out of the terrace.

At which point the sequence starts from the beginning when you reenter.

~

Continue on to the ship...

Correct. As a Samurai, you must be able to act while keeping your eyes on the larger picture. Your mission is always the top priority. Keep that in mind.

~~

Next question. The plane your lover is on has been hijacked by a terrorist. If you do nothing, they will crash the plane into a densely populated area. Do you shoot the plane down?

I couldn't do that...

That is not an acceptable decision. Do not let your vision become obscured by foolish emotion! Think hard, and try again!

~

We have to take it down!

That is the only way to avoid widespread disaster. Even if it means losing one who is precious to you... it must be done for the greater good.

~~

Next question. An enemy has set your home on fire. Many other members of your family are asleep in the house. What do you do?

Run away!

You imbecile! What are you fighting for!? Start from the beginning!

~

Focus on saving my family!

That's correct. As a Samurai, you do not use your sword for yourself. You use it to protect others. Power is meaningless if it is not used to protect those you care about.

~~

However, the path of the warrior is laden with difficult choices. But it seems you have transcended the simple act of decision making.

System Message: In passing Yoritomo's moral test, you discovered a new power within and learned a stunning new skill!

That's the second set done, just Aiden, Aria, and Vivian left. Although we physically can't get Aria's EX until we unlock another dungeon or two and get the last of the cats.

Unlike with God Hands, single sword Samurai can jump straight to their fight without having to traverse Seventh Encount first.

Now, I will admit here-

I kiiiiiiiiiiiinda hosed up.

See, 2020 has pretty much the exact same setup for their Samurai EX.

And the Dark Rabi deals enough damage to make you think this will be an actual fight.

So I focus on setting up buffs.

But that bit from Yoritomo about quickly defeating the Dark Rabi was literal, you have two turns to kill it before you get booted out.

The obvious answer is to just pop Solid Stance on turn 1 and vaporize it, but I sorta forgot to get, like, any ranks in it on Vivian.

Oh well, I'll get the SP for it soon enough.

Next time: We actually do some sidequests.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 24, 2023

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

2020-II's intermission 2: Suffering, and great loss.
VFD's intermission 2: Happy fun vacation times where you learn how to snap the game even harder to pieces.

BisbyWorl posted:

Video: Opal VS Blaster Raven (This one is worth watching just to see Kirino Ayafumi calling his attacks like a dork.)

quote:

RAVEN PUNCH!

Jesus Christ, what a dork. That's Kirino saying all this!

Anyways if you fail the 1/3 roll for the Duelist's EX skill:

You have a 1 out of 10 chance of getting Volume 4.
You have a 2 out of 10 chance of getting Volume 3.
You have a 3 out of 10 chance of getting Volume 2.
You have a 4 out of 10 chance of getting Volume 1.

Don't try farming the vending machine. Just grab your Exodia from the booster pack and move on.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Yorimoto posted:

Next question. The plane your lover is on has been hijacked by a terrorist. If you do nothing, they will crash the plane into a densely populated area. Do you shoot the plane down?

:Insert young crying Kiritsugu here:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXII - Featuring: The Hanged Man Social Link from Persona 3

I can grab Aiden's EX whenever.

So let's start knocking out those side-

-queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeests? :stare:

As a reminder, I did 5 quests when I put off Hypnos. If I just beelined straight for her there'd be 11 quests to do, and that's assuming none of these quests open up more quests!

This mission is top secret. Please go talk to Yuta in the Atlantis Evac Ward!

This request comes from the one, the only, Julietta. He'd like you to escort a VIP to a very special place... In other words, you need to be a bodyguard. I wonder what NGM means, though... This operation is very mysterious... Further details are top secret. You'll have to ask the client in the Director's Office for more information.

ISDF Admiral Yoritomo submitted this request. He said they've found a wounded High Dragon in the city... More importantly, it sounds like this dragon has some history with Unit 13. Hence, he'd like you to join you in defeating it. Your client is waiting in the Main Plaza. Please talk to him there.

This comes from those people from Eden, Sailas and Brijilt... They're going to arrive here soon as an envoy from their homeland... As such, they'd like to inspect the facilities of Nodens Enterprises... You'll have to ask them for more details... For now, please head down to the Portal to welcome them.

This is somewhat startling... This request comes from Blaster Raven! It says he'll be waiting in the Tokyo Underground. Please be prepared for anything that may happen... I don't know what I'd do with myself if something happened to you now, Unit 13... O-Oh, I-I didn't mean anything by that! It's just, there are still lots of requests to fulfill. I'd never be able to finish them all without your help...

Do you remember investigating that ghost earlier? Well, it seems like the rumor has spread throughout Nodens... Some people think it's the spirit of a Nodens employee who died from being overworked day after day... Anyways, that guy from last time isn't satisfied with the results of your first investigation. He's waiting for you at the Eden Evac Ward, so please go speak to him for more details. Good luck...

Let's start from the top.

Maya: It's nice to meet you.

Yuta: This is a secret to everyone, but... we're gonna elope!

Kid you're like, what, 12? 14? You're seriously going to run away in the middle of a dragon invasion?

Maya: Um... Let me explain. My papa just won't understand...

Yuta: I'm from Cladeon, but she's from Atlantica, so her dad just keeps telling me to stay away. But where we're from shouldn't matter, right? It's not like we can go back there.

Maya: ...That is why we're going to elope. This is our last resort!

You what.

Maya: We don't have money, but we have jewels! And we can cook and clean! And do laundry! But if we don't have a home, we won't be able to live...

Yuta: Could you help us...?

This is what time travel has been reduced to.

Let me talk to Brijilt.

Helping two actual children run 5000 years into the future because daddy said no.

Yuta: Who's Brijilt...? But, but... that means you're gonna help us, right?

And before you ask, no, there is no option to tell their parents that Yuta wants to run away from home. We have to help the kids move to Eden.

~

Leave it to me.

Yuta: Do you know someone in Eden...? I knew we could depend on you, Unit 13!

And this is our first quest of the day.

I can assure you things will get even dumber by the time we finally reach Chapter 6.

~~

Yuta: We'll be waiting!

Welcome to VFD.

Jil rematerializes in the Eden Ward for this quest.

There is an old man named Noyle who owns a great deal of property in Kazan. But... what do you wish to use it for?

*gestures*

Eloping children!? I would turn this down for anyone but you, Unit 13. You must surely have put some thought into this. Very well. I shall write a reference letter to Noyle for them. Give me a short moment.

Might as well start up another quest while we're here.

Hope: I was trying to look up more info on Aytel after last time, so I went over to the Reference Room... And found this. Look! It's a recorded history of 2020. According to this, Aytel was part of a gang in Shibuya called SKY! But I thought she was like, some kind of ghost? I'm so confused...

Let me investigate!

Hope: Alright! I'll be counting on you!

~

She doesn't look like a gangster.

Hope: I know, right? She's definitely a member of the elite.

~~

Hope: I've heard rumors of an old man who grew up in Shibuya who's living in the Tokyo Evac Ward. Maybe he'll know something... Sorry, but could you go find out?

Well we're only one floor away.

Also I want to put off going to Eden for a bit.

Shu: I've got 8 bros and 9 kids! My extended family's got over 100 peeps! Anyways, sup?

Tell me about SKY!

Shu: SKY?

~

Do you know Aytel?

Shu: Aytel?

~~

Shu: Fo shizzle! I'll tell you how hip we were! Um... Do you mind if I talk normally for this part?

*nods*

Shu: SKY is a gang that was formed in Shibuya a century ago.

For those of you keeping up with Sympathy, this is Shino and Maki's kid! They grow up so fast...

Shu: The first head, Takehaya was a hero who beat a True Dragon. Aytel was his one true love. But I was born in 2021, so I never met either of them.

What is Aytel doing now?

Shu: I dunno, but I heard that Lady Kat- Oh, she was the second head of SKY, btdubs. Well, Lady Kat said that Takehaya and Aytel are in a forbidden land.

Kat is the official name for 2020's Neko. I wonder what Neiko would have been turned into. Cait, maybe?

~

Do you know anything else?

Shu: Well, Lady Kat said that Takehaya and Aytel are in a forbidden land. Who's Lady Kat? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention! She was the second head of SKY.

~~

Shu: Apparently Aytel appears from that forbidden land every so often to give advice. Thanks to her, we didn't get lost in the confusion after the Calamity. Do you wanna meet Aytel?

*nods*

Shu: Then take this.

Shu: I heard that the first Unit 13 and the original members of SKY were homies. I prolly won't be around much longer, so... I'm entrusting this emblem to you, dude! Carry on our legend! Peace out!

Like the last time we talked with Aytel, we have to go to bed.

Music: None

100 years ago... It was just me, my sister, and Takehaya... I remember those days...

Hey Aytel, nice to see ya.

We kiiiiiiiiiinda killed you and your sister in 5000 years after you fused into a True Dragon. No biggie.

Even though our bodies were imprisoned by the fire of war, there was also a strange peace. Tell me, Unit 13... In the far future of this planet... Did my sister meet the peace of eternal sleep...?

Oh so we're just-

I like to think so.

Straight up telling her?

So for all we know we just had a knockon effect on the timeline and the Eden arc will retroactively play out differently now that Aytel knows of their impending deaths.

Thank you, Unit 13. Knowing that, I can finally return to my slumber...

~

I'm sorry...

There is no need to apologize. I am sure my sister is thankful... I can finally return to my slumber...

~~

Goodbye, dragon hunters... You, who carry on the will of the ones I love... Let us meet again at the far ends of the earth...

It's a little confusing...

Hope: It'll prolly make zero sense to me if you guys had a hard time with it, Unit 13. Sounds like Aytel just isn't someone I'll be able to handle.

~

She's taken.

Hope: What!? N-No way... I love flirting and all, but it's totally against bro code to steal another guy's girl...

~~

Hope: I understand! I'll forget all about Aytel! Thanks, Unit 13. Here, this is your reward for today!

You obtained 8,000 Az!

You obtained King Bracer x1.

The King Bracer is the big daddy of ailment accessories, with a 55% chance of blocking any ailment.

One down, five to go.

Let's go say hi to Jil and Sailas. to put off having to help the kids run away

*sigh* I'm so sleepy~... We've had meeting after meeting in Eden... I haven't had time to nap, or even research~...

Do not speak of such things! Listen, Unit 13. Sailas has helped us organize a restoration team much quicker than originally anticipated. It may not look it, but Sailas is in fact a man of great ability! Hahaha!

Why do you sound so proud, Jil~? *yawn*

Hm? Well, I... Who cares about that!? There is nothing wrong with being proud of your teammate! Never mind that, Unit 13! The real reason we are here is...

Jil, we need to go see Ms. Nagiri before we do anything, We still never properly explained what happened with Ms. Emel...

Oh right, Nagiri. She sure is a character that exists.

*nods*

Yes, you are correct. It may be painful, but it is a matter of great importance. Please, guide us to the Infirmary where Nagiri is being kept.

*nods*

You have my thanks.

Is that so...?

Y-Yes, it has been a long, long time, Nagiri...

How are you feeling~?

Much better. The medical treatment in Tokyo is... truly astonishing.

I am very glad to hear that! H-Haha... Hahahaha! O-Oh yes, Nagiri! Are you hungry? Do you need anything? Request anything you desire~!

*giggle* Acting considerate really makes you look foolish, Jil.

F-Foolish...!? I-Is that the case? No, it cannot be...

*sigh* Just stop, Jil~. Subtlety is clearly impossible for you.

Hmph...

Well, I didn't go that far~.

*chuckle* I'm relieved to see you both... doing so well.

Yes...

That obsession with hate caused her to lose her sense of self and transform into a True Dragon. At that point, we... We killed Ms. Emel, in order to save Eden.

The dragon threat has gone, and we are currently in the process of steady restoration. Eden... is safe.

I'm sorry I couldn't save her...

Do not speak such foolishness! There is no need for you to apologize...!

~

The one who killed Emel was...

Don't, Unit 13. That's not a burden you need to carry alone. ...Don't make us look so shameless.

~~

... I just have one question... What were Lady Emel's last moments like? Please tell me, Unit 13. Don't worry about how it will make me feel.

*nods*

Jil... I stood beside Lady Emel... but she was always alone. That void ate away at her constantly. She truly lived a solitary existence... I... wish I could have been the one to rescue Lady Emel from that loneliness, but... In the end, she was saved... She was able to find true happiness in her dying moments... I'm glad... I'm so very glad... *sob*

Doctor Hori: We should step out for a moment.

I agree. Let's leave this to Jil.

How is Ms. Nagiri...?

She is better. Once she has fully recovered, she will return to Eden and join the restoration.

Ah... I'm glad to hear that~...

Very well! Let us switch gears. We have one more destination!

There's someone we have to meet who's crucial to the restoration of Eden~. So without further adieu, let's head over to Ulania's~! Come, come! Let's go~!

*nods*

Oh! I just had a great idea! Hm? What's my idea? *giggle* It's a secret~♪ I think you're really going to like it, though!

And Nagiri's standard line hasn't changed a bit.

Hmm... Lemme come with you. I was bored to tears before you came along anyways! C'mon, let's go!

You wish to speak with me...?

Yeah, to tell the truth...

D-Does that mean... we're gonna move to your world?

I'm pretty sure the timeline has more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese at this point.

But of course~! Not everyone will be coming, though. Anyways, I heard your staying here is only temporary until you can rebuild Atlantis~. However, if there is still no plan for restoration... We would love for you to come to Eden with us~.

This is truly a godsend... but would it not be an imposition?

Not at all~! Countries all over Eden took massive casualties during the Dragon Calamity. Bringing in people from Atlantis to replace those casualties is the most logical solution available. So you see, it wouldn't only be helping you. We benefit as well~!

Hey, Ulania! This sounds like a great idea!

Y-Yes... However, I must decide on such a serious matter on my own...

Gotcha. You're our leader, Ulania. No matter what you choose, we'll follow you. That should be a given.

Leader... Yes, that is correct. *chuckle* It seems I am still lacking in self-awareness... Mr. Sailas...

Yes~?

I wish to uphold the bond that Unit 13 forged between our two periods in time. I will seriously consider this offer. Thank you for your help, Eigur.

Y-Yeah, of course!

Phew~! Thank you for being so receptive to the idea~!

By the way, Unit 13... I think I'll stick around here for a while and take in some more of Tokyo's technology~! Teeheehee~!

I'll do what I can to help you.

Hahaha! That is our line! Our debt to you is so grand, I am unsure we will ever be able to pay it back!

That stands for us as well. We owe a great deal to Unit 13.

I think the best way is just to beat that 7th True Dragon that's coming for Tokyo!

~

The future is bright.

Indeed. It would be disrespectful to those who have fallen if we did not make the future great!

But first and foremost, we'll need to beat the 7th True Dragon that's going to appear in Tokyo. We'll spare no effort in helping you out, Unit 13!

~~

Rightly said! If the three time periods work together, no True Dragon will be able to stop us!

You're goddamn right!

Unit 13, it was thanks to you that this whole thing went off without a hitch. Here, this is a gift from me and Jil. Please accept it~!

You obtained 8,000 Az!

You obtained Hauberk x1.

You obtained Mythril Vest x1.

Two down, four to go.

Next time: We *sigh* help two kids run away from home.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXIII - Featuring: Hackerman

Alright, time to- and I cannot repeat this enough-

Help two preteens run 5000 years into the future because one of their dads won't let them go out.

Maya: Can you... come with us to Eden, Unit 13?

*nods*

Yuta: Alright! We'll wait for you in front of the Portal!

Maya: Thank you again for today.

*nods*

Music: Kazan - Drowning in Petals, The Future

Yuta: Look! A Lucier and a land human are walking together like friends!

Maya: This is where we're going to start our new lives...!

Yuta: Maya, let's take a look down that street, too! We're gonna go on ahead and look for that old man Noyle's house, Unit 13!

Noyle: I see. I can't turn down a request from Jil. Ho ho ho! Eloping at such a young age? What amorous children! I'll be rooting for you.

Maya: Thank you so much!

Yuta: Can we borrow a house, then? We really wanna live here!

Noyle: Hm, it won't be for free. Do you have any money?

Maya: I have some jewels...

Noyle: Hmmm, these won't do. Nobody will be interested in buying gems as small as these.

Yuta: Our allowances combined only adds up to 20 Az... But I can work hard! I'll make all the money you want if you can introduce me to a job!

Noyle: Now, now. Hold your horses. I said I would help you, didn't I? You can stay at my house for now... That is, as long as you help my wife with chores. And, rent and food will be free. Well?

Yuta: Free...? For real!?

Maya: Please, mister!

Holy poo poo the first person to even mention this.

Maya: ...Let's write letters, Yuta!

Maya: I'm finished, too.

Noyle: Well, Unit 13... Could you take these to their parents?

*nods*

~

Yuta: I haven't written anything in a really long time, so my hand hurts a little bit...

~

Maya: Eden... It's an amazing place. I'm sure my papa would change his mind if he could see it here...

I'm sure their parents haven't panicked too hard from their kids vanishing into thin air with zero warning or anything!

Yuta's Mother: Do you know him? His name is Yuta.

*gestures*

Yuta's Mother: He... eloped!? That idiot! Making a move on the daughter of a noble...!?

Wow I suddenly understand why they ran.

Yuta's Mother: There are letters here from both of them, so I should go get Maya's parents first. I'll be right back!

Yuta's Father: C'mon, let's just read the letters before we jump to conclusions.

Maya's Father: I believe apologies are due first and foremost. Your son stole our daughter Maya away from us!

Yuta's Father: D-Don't put the blame on us! They only got upset because you kept butting into their romance!

Maya's Father: It is only natural for a parent to step into the relationships of their child. Especially given Maya's age. She does not yet know how to discern between good and bad.

Yuta's Father: What!? Are you trying to say that my son's a bad kid!?

Maya's Father: Not at all. But given their difference in social status—

Let's just read the letters.

Yuta's Mother: T—That's right!

~

You two are the real children here.

Maya's Mother: I wholeheartedly agree! At a time like this, parents must act like mature adults, not toddlers! Please, hurry and read the letters!

Yuta's Mother: Yes, of course!

~~

Yuta's Mother: First is Yuta's letter...

Yuta's Letter: Mom, Dad... I'm gonna marry Maya. And I'm gonna work hard to make sure we can live a happy life. Mr. Maya's Dad... This is my fault, so please don't get mad at Maya. I'll make her happy, and I swear I'll protect her for the rest of my life.

Maya's Mother: Next is Maya's letter...

Maya's Letter: Mother, Father... I am sorry for doing this so suddenly. But it's not fault. I brought up the idea of eloping. We can't go back to Atlantis, so I don't think social status matters anymore. To Yuta's mom and dad... Please be friends with my parents. By the way, this place is very nice. I hope all four of you can come visit someday.

Maya's Father: ...

Yuta's Father: ...

Maya's Father: It seems I owe you an apology... I am well and truly sorry for insulting your son.

Yuta's Father: Don't worry about it! You can never know what a kid's gonna do.

Yuta's Mother: Besides, if they're really able to think for themselves like this... I think we should be praising them.

Maya's Mother: ...That is true. We should praise them first, then scold them relentlessly.

Are you going to go get them?

Both give the same result.

Maya's Father: Indeed, the four of us should go... together.

Yuta's Father: Yeah, that sounds good.

Yuta's Mother: I wonder what Eden's like... *giggle* I'm a bit excited.

Maya's Mother: Unit 13, our children caused you a great deal of trouble. This is a small token of our gratitude.

You obtained 3,000 Az!

You obtained Silver Water x3.

You obtained SP Up 500 x3.

Maya's Mother: Thank you... Thank you so much for everything...!

Three down, three to go.

Let's take a moment to go grab Aiden's EX Skill.

Keep the computer off.

Like Yoritomo's thing for Dual Blade EX, Agent's EX is just a set of incredibly easy choices that resets the sequence if you fail a step.

~

Turn the computer on.

Insert a virus.

Enter using a security backdoor.

Crack the executable.

Access the database.

System Message: The monitor now reads: Go to the lounge.

But unlike Yoritomo, this one comes in two parts.

There's a new face in the Skylounge.

What does that mean...?

Man In Black: ...

Again, messing up restarts the sequence.

~

Tera, dika, megithule...

Man In Black: So that is your choice...

Man In Black: ...

System Message: It appears to be a satellite access key. You used the access key to think of an extraordinary new skill!

Up next is Julietta's quest.

You're here for the NGM matter, no? The details are written here. Please keep this on the down low!

System Message: The instructions read as follows: Take the timid mouse from her hospital bed and bring her to the time disc. Password: 0305 1123 0418

If you haven't figured it out yet, 'NGM' clearly stands for Nagumo.

*gestures*

Y—You want me to go with you? Do you think it's OK to leave without permission...?

*nods*

Well... Alright! Let's go!

Well that's the timid mouse, but where's the time disc?

Not even the Quest menu can help us now.

You might think a time disc is a clock, but it actually means the Portal.

Enter the password.

System Message: Please enter the first string.

System Message: Authentication Failed.

As you might expect, this restarts the sequence.

~

System Message: Authentication Successful. Please enter the second string.

System Message: Authentication Successful. Please enter the third string.

System Message: Authentication Successful.

System Message: Transfer commencing. Three, two, one...

What!?

...The Tokyo Underground?

I'm sorry, Mio. Have you been well?

Mhm! Everyone's been so helpful to me. Oh, let me introduce you, grandpa. This is Opal. Opal is... my best friend.

I see... It seems you've done a fine job taking care of Mio. I'm Mikio Nagumo, Mio's grandfather.

What are you doing here?

Tomari... This meeting is all thanks to him. Though I hear he calls himself Julietta nowadays.

Mr. Julietta set this up...?

~

So why are we here...?

Hehehe! That Tomari sent you off without explaining things at all, didn't he?

Tomari... Do you mean...

Yes, I hear he calls himself Julietta nowadays. This meeting is all thanks to him.

~~

About 15 years ago, I met Tomari at an ISDF research facility in San Jose, California. The talent flowing from within him was clear even then.

So... you and Mr. Julietta know each other...

After that, my contact with Tomari has been pretty sparse... But he suddenly got in touch with me just the other day. In doing so, he told me he would let me meet up with Mio without anyone knowing. He's always been quite keen... He most likely obtained information about... this.

Does that mean... you have the cure?

No. Dragon Sickness is a strong disease. A cure would be near impossible. Having said that, if you take this serum, its progress will slow to a crawl.

And just like that, the looming deadline of having to kill the Seventh Dragon before Mio's illness kills her goes out the window.

That is, unless things get drastically worse... Here, I made it for you. Please, take it.

Th-This is amazing! We can save everyone now!

Grandpa...?

This serum was made by refining True Dragon specimens. It cannot be produced on a large scale.

No...

It's still incredible.

No... This can't possibly be a good thing...

~

I want you to live, Mio.

Opal... Thank you, but...

~~

I... I've learned from Unit 13... I know now that if I want to protect someone, I just have to be stronger. I can't put myself down... That's why... I'm trying my hardest to be stronger, and to be useful. The people of the world are suffering... I can't just choose something that would only help me when I know how much pain humanity is in.

I'm glad you were able to express your opinion in such a clear manner, though.

Grandpa...?

Yoritomo told me you've been doing a great job as the navigator for Unit 13.

Listen, Mio. We know now that mere medicine or surgery won't help against Dragon Sickness. The only way to destroy it completely is to defeat the True Dragons. What's more, Unit 13 is our only hope in defeating them. Your mission is to guide Unit 13, which means... It would be quite a problem if you were suddenly too sick to help. Don't you agree?

Even Professor Nagumo knows Unit 13 are the only ones that can do the job. Poor Yuma.

... Is it OK if I think about it a little more?

That's fine by me. But promise me that you won't take your life for granted. Those who don't value their own lives will never be able to protect the lives of others.

I understand.

Good. Well then, I must be going. There's one more thing I've been asked to take care of.

Something else?

Yes, another very important matter. Don't worry, I'll be finished with it soon.

OK... Good luck, grandpa. Try not to neglect your health while you're working.

Hehehe! I'll try. Give my thanks to Tomari! I leave Mio in your hands, Unit 13!

*nods*

*shakes head*

Oh, we should figure out a way to repay Mr. Julietta too!

*nods*

*giggle* Opal... See you later!

Now to check in with Julietta.

Mission complete.

My, you really got into the whole spy act. Wasn't it fun?

~

You could've warned us...

*giggle* Don't say that. You had fun, didn't you?

~~

Supervision over at ISDF is quite strict, and it should be obvious why. If the existence of that serum was made public, people would be clamoring over it. I thought it would only be right that the first person to use it would be Mio...

*nods*

*sigh* I wish I could've met up with the professor, too... He taught me the ABCs of life in the real world back when I was but a young little pup. Yet now, we seem to be headed down completely opposite roads. Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed to face him... Well, enough with the chit chat! Here's your reward for a job well done!

You obtained 8,000 Az!

You obtained Prince Bracer x1.

The Prince Bracer is a smaller King Bracer, with a 30% chance of resisting any ailment.

Now then, hurry along. I still have a ton of work left. Enjoy the rest of your day off!

Four down, two to go.

Next time: You know what's better than one reused final dun-Kirino what the gently caress did you do?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXIV - Featuring: Dungeons and dragons

Next on the list is...

Kirino!

The what.

After the Dragon Calamity of 2021, I was made to look over Murakumo's data and ultimately destroy it.

The what.

It was a project led by the Murakumo chief before me... The data should have been destroyed immediately, but... I couldn't do it. I saw potential there... It is near impossible to fully extinguish the fire within the mind of an innovator.

You what.

Like. Kirino Ayafumi. Two time Murakumo president. Literally helped save the world from two separate Dragon invasions. Looked at a project to create more dragons and said to himself, 'hmm, yeah that looks handy.'

I know what you mean...

Your empathy lessens the burden, but my decision was still a mistake.

~

Making dragons is horrible.

It feels somewhat nostalgic to be scolded again... No matter. I am here to separate myself from my disgraceful past.

~~

I kept the data under heavy security measures. However, when Murakumo was absorbed into ISDF, that data was seized. Using that research, they began their own project in developing artificial dragons. But... it didn't go as planned. The plan was scrapped, and the dragons destroyed. There was one dragon that managed to survive, though. That dragon is W-003. And so, I am going to defeat it. I'd like you to watch, Unit 13. If I fall here...

You plan to die...!?

I say I'm immortal, but I probably wouldn't be able to survive my body being torn apart.

~

Let's fight together!

No, this is my mistake. As the final chief of Murakumo, the blame lies with me... Kirino.

~~

So, like, how has a literal High Dragon been able to fly under the radar all this time?

It hasn't caused any trouble prior to the invasion? It didn't get picked up by our scanners when we were looking for all the High Dragons in Tokyo?

Look, for all the game tries to establish Blaster Raven as this super badass cyborg, the man has literally gotten his rear end kicked every time he's been in a fight on screen.

So let's go save Kirino before he can do something stupid.

The dragon is at the very end of the Underground, natch.

So how does he fare?

Take a guess.

Take this! Blaster Final... Atta—

No.

Stand aside! I must...

This is a job for dragon hunters.

Both give the same response.

...! You are... dragon hunters...

Now, what dragon did the ISDF decide to create?

Video: VS Tiamat
Music: Battlefield - No. 7 Incursion

Oh, just loving Tiamat, that's all! Only Fomalhaut's first High Dragon, no biggie!

Tiamat comes in with 7.1K LF, 5K below Hypnos.

Now, in 2020-II Tiamat was an absolute bastard of a boss, combining incredibly hard hitting moves and paralysis while players barely have any tools in their kit to try and deal with it.

This is not 2020-II.

Bite is just a repurposed normal attack animation from 2020-II. It's literally a normal attack that deals 1x damage.

Infuriatingly, Inoue misses out on a free React turn due to being outsped.

You all know what Valerie's here for.

Valerie still has a ways to go before she can catch up to GEORGE!, but that day will come eventually.

Since using EX gives priority, Aria is able to top off Valerie right this turn.

Oh hey I finally get a React turn.

...or not.

This should give me some more leeway.

He then proceeds to lose both his actions.

And then again next turn.

Hey, did you remember that Mage's support skill is a MAT buff?

Three times in a row.

He only got to use his normal attacks, but beyond that he keeps Dimensional Tear (Para chance nerfed from 99% to 55%), Crystal Breath, Dragon Fang, Typhoon Howl (damage buffed from 0.4x to 0.65x, Para chance buffed from 40% to 55%), and his telegraph move now gives 1.25x ATK/MAT for 2 turns.

Music: Finish Them Off

Once again I have proven myself unfit to be a hero. It doesn't seem to suit me.

Fighters aren't the only heroes.

*shakes head*

...! That is true. Anyone can become a hero, as long as they do their best to help others.

~

Leave the rest to us!

*gestures*

...! You are very dependable. Maybe it's time I think about starting my retirement...

~~

A great burden has been lifted from my shoulders. Will you accept this as a token of my thanks?

You obtained 8,000 Az!

You obtained Dead Cut x1.

*sigh* Everything is all settled! Raven must take his leave now! Farewell, Blaster Kids!

And that makes five.

We also never have to go back to the Underground ever again.

Just need to take care of Yoritomo's quest and nab Vivian's EX Skill before we can finally move on to Chapter 6.

Are you feeling better?

Yes, it's no longer a problem. I'm sorry to have worried you.

~

Congrats on your recovery~!

T-Thank you... You're so easy going...

~~

I'm sorry, what.

Yuma defeated it back then, but it seems to have returned. It's not unheard of... This is an opponent that bested you once before, Unit 13. This is the perfect opportunity for you to see just how much you've grown. Furthermore... there is a private matter I wish to discuss with you. Well then, the High Dragon is at the Vermilion Tower. I'll meet you there.

They're literally just... having us go fight Spectus. No real plot reason, just here have a dragon.

...Mayhem, Mayhem Fossil, Trinnitro, Insomnia, Zero Blue, Tiamat, and now Spectus. Son of a bitch that makes seven High Dragons we have to fight, same as all the other 7th Dragon games.

What's the Vermilion Tower?

Oh, just... 2020's final dungeon.

This one doesn't even have the excuse of being an actual video game, the people of Japan just left this thing here for the past 80 years.

You know, devs, you've made it painfully clear that you're not afraid to recycle content.

Could you, like, reuse some songs from the 2020s? Please? We're literally about to move into endgame and you're still using the same songs from the tutorial dungeon.

And well... This is a special joint mission with ISDF. Hence, I want you to cut your navigator communications while we're in here.

*nods*

I appreciate that. Let's go.

The Vermilion Tower is weird.

Because, like, it is a side dungeon, so it can't have that many dragons in it. (19 compared to the 36 it had in 2020)

But it's still a final dungeon with the size to match, so you end up with a huge dungeon that's mostly empty.

Anyways.

Dragon.

Darkmorphs are the big brother of the Morph Dragons we saw in Ladyin. All their moves are the same, but Surprise Smash now has a 99% chance to inflict Blind, Ball Hop deals 1x damage instead of 1.1x with an 85% chance of Curse, and Pre-acceleration gives a 65% dodge buff.

However, GEORGE! exists, so all it can do is die.

Just north of that is a wall dragon.

Doom Lizards are Bloom Dragons that trade a Blind breath attack for a Null Action breath attack.

However, GEORGE! exists, so all it can do is die.

Also we got Deranged Deer and Evil Storms, both of which are upgraded forms of enemies we've seen in Seventh Encount. The Deer can hit someone with Confusion and Evil Storms are the same as the other ghosts.

Heading south from the Darkmorph Dragon.

Dragon.

GEORGE!.

There's an exit to the floor here. I double back to see if there's another path by the entrance-

Only to find out that I just forgot to map out a wall.

On the way back I run into this. The only thing it can do (if randoms were allowed to do anything) is hit you.

There's a two way split here.

South leads to a door.

Leading back to the other half of 1F.

...Oh god this is going to be such a pain to cover.

Next time: More dungeon crawling.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 11, 2023

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

You can kill Tiamat even faster with the right setup!

A picture that would baffle a 2020-II player.

To those that played 2020-II, Tiamat is a very infamous rear end in a top hat!

The boss came at a point where it was so strong for that point in the game, and it's very common for players to run on fumes by the time they kill it.

Because of VFD's sheer power creep, you can kill it before it does much.

Tiamat's stats and skills in 2020 (the first entry is from a cutscene battle and isn't the actual boss fight, that's the 2nd entry)

quote:

Wounded Tiamat (LV. 17/14)
-Crystal Breath: Non-elemental Ranged attack to all party members. MAT-based. 1.2x damage.
-Dimensional Tear: Non-elemental Claw attack to one party member. ATK-based. 1.8x damage. 99% chance to inflict Paralysis for 5 turns. Paralyzed targets have a 50% chance to not act.
-its time to take a deep breath: Telegraph skill.
-Typhoon Howl: Non-elemental Ranged attack to all party members. MAT-based. 0.4x damage. 40% chance to inflict Paralysis for 3 turns. Paralyzed targets have a 30% chance to not act.
-Dragon Fang: Non-elemental Fang attack to one party member. ATK-based. 1.2x damage.

Tiamat's VFD stats:

quote:

Tiamat α (LV. 58/54)
-Dimensional Tear: Non-elemental Melee attack to one party member. ATK-based. 1.8x damage. 55% chance to inflict Paralysis for 5 turns. Paralyzed targets have a 50% chance to not act.
-Crystal Breath: Non-elemental Ranged attack to all party members. MAT-based. 1.2x damage. -100% crit rate.
-Dragon Fang: Non-elemental Melee attack to one party member. ATK-based. 1.2x damage.
-Deep Inhale: Buffs the user. Multiplies ATK and MAT by 1.25x for 2 turns. Buddy skills have a 100% chance to break this.
-Typhoon Howl: Non-elemental Ranged attack to all party members. MAT-based. 0.65x damage. 55% chance to inflict Paralysis for 3 turns. Paralyzed targets have a 30% chance to not act. -100% crit rate.
-Bite: Non-elemental Melee attack to one party member. ATK-based. 1x damage.

Dimensional Tear got nerfed, but Typhoon Howl got a bit of a buff to compensate.

The funny thing is Tiamat Alpha uses Tiamat's post-game AI, which is a lot more vicious than the chapter 1 AI in 2020-II. So this thing is actually kind of buffed, and VFD just lets you chump all over it regardless.

Really that image of 1 turning it sums up the sheer power creep this game has compared to the rest of the series. Really to show how much of an rear end in a top hat this thing was in its origin game, here's a bit of my writeup from the 2020 thread:

Araxxor posted:

Yeah that about sums up the Tiamat experience. This thing is a loving rear end in a top hat. There's not really a trick to it or a reliable way to speedkill it. You're in for a long slugfest of a fight. The fastest kill I've seen lasted 14 turns, and that ended up with a party member dead.

The closest thing to a reliable strategy I've seen on Japanese guide sites recommended you save your EX for its final phase so that you can burst it down and potentially skip Dimensional Tear, or have it not come out too often.

They also made sure to cite "Don't worry if your party members die instantly after being revived, that's normal." and "Expect to run out of items by the end of the fight."

Tiamat's skillset is rather basic compared to the later bosses. It just comes at a point where your party barely has any skills and equipment. Also its stats are a lot at this point in time. Dude just utterly kills you, and its desperation move Dimensional Tear can burn through your revival items.

Quite a few players cited this fight as luck based or an utter bloodbath. For the former, wearing defensive accessories can help lower Tiamat's ATK enough to survive Dimensional Tear. At the cost of massively horrible action economy due to the constant paralysis. For the latter, you can give your party paralysis immunity and let Tiamat's attacks shred your party to pieces and constantly have to be on the ball healing and reviving (more often than the other setup). So it's basically pick your poison here.

Not helping matters is that 2020-II AI is more randomized (with predictable actions on certain turns.) So while you can take notes on Warcry and have an advantage if you fail and try again, Tiamat isn't as generous. What you may thought of as a safe turn before can end up containing a deadly move in your next attempt.

Also from a narrative standpoint, what the gently caress, Kirino?

The sheer lengths this game goes to justify its lack of money and asset reuse is almost reality warping in-universe. We need a miniboss here, so let's grab Tiamat and come up with a hasty explanation on why it's back. :psyduck:

quote:

Yuma defeated it back then, but it seems to have returned. It's not unheard of...

...Or just don't even bother with an explanation in the first place.

Somehow, Spectus returned.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXV - Featuring: Animation glitches

The Vermilion Tower just feels so... empty.

The dragons are so far apart that there's nothing to do most of the time.

The fact that they die instantly certainly doesn't help.

Hell, that's the only dragon on this side of the floor!

Lonely Soldier: Unit 13...? I've heard of you! I beg of you, rescue me! I, um... got lost in here.

And that's 1F cleared out.

There's another door in the same room that led here, but let's check this path first.

And that's it.

Up next: stairs.

And entire floor, with only four dragons on it.

The southern path leads to the wrong side of that wall.

So we have to take the top path.

Reckless Man: I was seeking some thrills, and before I knew it I was all the way here... Heh... I shouldn't have been so reckless.

South from the cat.

There's the wall dragon from before.

But there's something special I need to do here.

Music: Battlefield - Furious Predator

See, the Criminal Dragon here has a gimmick where, after either four turns or losing 50% LF, it will snap its chains and get stronger.

The part I'm focusing on is 'after four turns'.

Beyond this, they have Jumpkick for a big hit, Muscle Gaze to hit someone with Skill Seal, and Boost as another reused attack animation.

So I put the Criminal Dragon to sleep.

Then wait.

Then wait some more.

The dragon breaks free on schedule, but...

The shackles magically reappear when it attacks! What gives?

Well, the Criminal Dragon's AI is a bit borked, in that while the animation for breaking out plays at turn 4, the actual changes to the AI and attack animations requires 8 actions to change over. Since turns spent asleep don't count as actions, the game gets confused and acts like the dragon is still shackled. Once it hits 8 moves or gets knocked below half health things will go back to normal.

And since Team 1 doesn't really get to do much these days.

I might as well show off some of their shiny new moves.

It still does less than GEORGE!.

Opal had her fun, so GEORGE! gets to take over once more.

There's a door here, but more floor to cover, so I turn back.

West of that large room just above.

And west of that split just above that.

There's just... a completely empty room here.

I'd bet money that there was either a chest or a civilian here back in 2020.

Now, you notice that dragon in the bottom right?

The way there is on the previous floor, so I have to backtrack all the way there, then head all the way through 2F once I'm done there.

We got more stairs.

The funny thing is that the game never explains why Tokyo Tower is just this massive shrine-themed dungeon. If you don't know about the 2020s this just shows up out of nowhere.

All you get for coming here is a uniform that's been sitting here for 80 years.

Somehow it's still better than what we have today.

Several minutes of random encounters later, we make it back to the end of 2F.

Stairs.

But this time we get an actual cutscene to break up the monotony!

The matter I wanted to talk to you about... is Mio. As you may have already guessed... I am Mio's father.

I knew it...

Yes... I abandoned my parental responsibilities and left Mio in Professor Nagumo's care...

~

O.M.G!

Hm? You didn't notice? I suppose Mio looks more like her mother. That's probably a good thing, huh?

~~

Yuma has told you about how he came to be, correct?

*nods*

Mio's mother, Miharu... She was created in the same research facility as Yuma. Miharu devoted her life to studying dragons with Professor Nagumo. That lab is where Miharu and I met... and where we had Mio.

But Mio's mother...

Yes. She died... of Dragon Sickness.

~

How did you woo Miharu?

...! W-Well, Miharu and I both adored kittens. Many of our likes and dislikes were similar. However, we were only able to live as a family for a very short while... This all began when Miharu passed away... From Dragon Sickness.

A dragon roars.

Next time: A bunch of EX Skills.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 12, 2023

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yeah there was a chest in that room with some healing aloe 4s

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

For the record, that animation glitch isn't in the 2020s, so I have no idea what happened here.

The phase transition animations and such were handled by external scripting in the 2020s, but in VFD they're rolled into the enemy script files.

Criminal Dragon (LV. 50/46) posted:

Routine 1:
-Take 2 actions per turn.
-If the turn count is at 4, play the phase transition animation and change the idle animation at the end of the turn.
-If self is at or below 50% LIFE, play the phase transition animation and change the idle animation at the end of the turn.
-If self is at or below 50% LIFE, swap to routine 2.
-If counter 2 is at or above 8, swap to routine 2.
-If counter 1 is at 0:
--Use Headbutt (Targets the party member with the highest LIFE). Set counter 1 to 10. Add 1 to counter 2.
-If counter 0 is at or above 3:
--Use Headbutt (Targets the party member with the highest LIFE). Set counter 0 to 0. Add 1 to counter 2.
-Else:
--Attack. Add 1 to counters 0 and 2.

It'd be a pretty easy fix. Change the routine from checking the turn count to checking counter 2, which is what triggers the animation. And these animation scripts only activate once, so there's no danger of them repeatedly activating again.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXVI - Featuring: GEORGE!'s true power

Please tell me we're near the end...

Fork in the road.

South leads to a wall.

To the west is a dragon.

Spy Dragons are a fair bit more threatening compared to Tower Dragons, with their poison being bumped from 30 damage to 70 and also picking up Poison Tail, which inflicts Venom Boost. This boosts the damage per tick by 1.3x and sets the poison duration to 4 turns.

This is the only source of Venom Boost in the entire game, it has been completely pulled from player hands.

Oh look, I forgot to heal up Valerie and Brave Sword is now useless!

Anyways.

And since the proper protocol for dealing with Tower Dragons and their ilk is to never give them a chance to move...

The damage is nowhere near just hitting the Brave Sword button, but a priority full heal is always nice.

And as a small thing, if we go back to when we first fought Eigur-

Odin's Rage is a prettied up version of his super move!

Fallen Blossoms, meanwhile is just... Samurai's EX Skill from 2020. And spoiler alert: the single sword EX is Samurai's Super EX Skill from 2020-II.

This loops back to a previous room.

So here's that barrier from earlier.

End of the World is the second of three (three!) EX Skills that just shut an enemy out of acting.

Cat Owner: I came here to look for my cat, but I couldn't go anywhere with all these dragons around...

Down to the bottom left path.

That was the only thing down that way, so off to the other path.

And that's most of this floor done. There's probably a path on 4F that leads back down to that dragon.

Stairs.

*nods*

I'll leave the timing of the attack up to you.

Of course, we have to get to him first.

Another barrier on the south path.

Seriously why are there so many cats in here.

That's the last cat in the game! We can go get Aria's EX Skill!

Also an exit, so let's check everything else out/go murder Spectus first.

Back up to that split on the top.

Which leads to a save point.

And that barrier.

As always, the word of the day is 'barely'.

And as you might expect from a save point-

The boss is right past it.

How did Spectus get here anyways? Not like it can fit through the hallways.

Video: VS True Spectus
Music: Battlefield - No. 7 Incursion

As an actual fight, True Spectus comes in with 8.4K LF, a bit above Tiamat. He kept all his moves from the unwinnable fight in the prologue, but also picks up a new party attack in Tempest that has a chance to inflict Downer, Burn, and Confusion, making him a much bigger threat than Tia-

Oh, the fight's already over, I see.

A turn 1 Breath Charge is nasty, as there's no way to break it this early so we'll have to deal with increased damage next turn.

Of course-

That implies that Spectus will be getting a second turn.

Music: Finish Them Off

Congratulations on the swift completion of your mission.

*nods*

Now then, let us finish our conversation from earlier before we head back.

Which means Mio is technically related to Mina and Miroku from the 2020s.

Every NAV that they created had a strong mind, but a weak body. That includes Miharu. Despite all of Professor Nagumo's best efforts... every single NAV died of Dragon Sickness. Furthermore... Mio is the only person alive that carries NAV genetics within her. In the current climate, if the existence of a NAV were publicly known... There would be no end to the demand for that level of information processing ability. It would be nigh impossible for Mio to lead a normal life... That's why I erased Mio from my family registry and left her in Professor Nagumo's care.

You should have stayed with her.

Hmph... You are relentless... When I look back on it, it is clear that I didn't have the courage to do so at the time. By the time I realized what I had let go, it was already too late. As long as I live, I will never be able to live down this regret. Someone who abandons their child has no right calling themselves a parent... But now Mio has Professor Nagumo, and good friends like you. It seems that after all this time... she no longer needs a father.

~

Is Yuma her replacement?

Hmph... You are relentless... He was, at first. Yuma was the fruit of Miharu's research... He was almost like a child to me. I don't know why. Maybe it was to carry on Miharu's will... or to atone for what I did to Mio... Regardless, as long as I live, I will never be able to live down what I did to her. By the time I realized what I had let go, it was already too late. Despite that, I do indeed think of Yuma as my son. Though I'm the only one who thinks that...

~~

Although, she is intelligent... I fear she may already suspect something. It is simply too late. I cannot think of myself as a parent after all this time. My apologies. For some reason, I felt the need to tell you everything...

Sorta a missed opportunity to not mention how Mio came to Nodens specifically to look for leads on her father.

*shakes head*

Hmph...

Yuma... He is beginning to crumble under the weight of his mission, and his perceived lack of purpose. He lacks confidence in himself, his value, and even in whether he is fit to continue on...

He shouldn't worry.

Yes, it is just as you say. All I want is for him to live a happy life...

~

What can I do?

Treat him the same as you have been. Stay close to him. Be his friend.

~~

This is all my fault... I am the one who made him shoulder this burden... I'm the reason he questions his purpose in life... It seems I am always one step too late in offering my hand for assistance... That's all I wished to speak with you about. Let us return.

Well I sorta have more of the tower to clear, so...

Next time: We finally finish the day.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXVII - Featuring: Parties

You know what a really weird thing about Spectus' spot is?

There's a dragon that patrols through the room about five feet away from him.

Also Criminal Dragons are just out in the field, but that's just VFD in general.

There's that door downstairs.

There is basically nothing down this side.

No chests or anything, this entire detour was just to kill a single dragon.

Now heading west of Spectus' room.

Ruins Enthusiast: Aren't ruins incredible? Are you here to observe them as well?

And the civilian right next to it.

And finally the bottom left corner.

Tatsuya: But, ah! I can go home now! Thank you, benevolent game gods!

And now we can finally leave 4F.

Just one more flight of stairs and...

...We're done!

Oh yeah, and the tower still goes into space.

How convenient that every shot of the Tokyo skyline we've seen just so happens to point away from it.

Want to know about why this thing is here? Tough poo poo, go play the JP exclusive games.

And unlike the Underground that made us go back there multiple times, we're already done with the Vermilion Tower!

Also everywhere but Nodens is locked out to force us to talk to Yoritomo.

You obtained 8,000 Az!

You obtained Stop Cut x1.

I must return to ISDF HQ. Yuma has been acting very strange of late. I'm... worried about him.

*nods*

Could you come to the Rest Floor? *giggle* I'll be waiting!

And that's our final quest of the day.

And now that we have a full dungeon worth of SP, Vivian can finally grab her EX Skill.

Music: Battlefield - UE77

Solid Stance turn 1.

Exhaust for priority.

Done.

A turn of setup plus EX and it still doesn't come close to GEORGE!.

And since we got all cats we can go grab Aria's EX skill and finish the set.

Meow-nager Ai: That's it for the cat signals out in the dungeons! Thanks fur your help! This is a final thank you gift. Please keep fighting fur every purr—son and cat in this world!

You obtained Sleep Cut x1.

That's nice, Ai, but there's like... 9 things left that can inflict Sleep, and most of those are post-game.

The Fortuner EX scene hijacks whatever food you use, so using Fancy Cat Food is a waste.

Each cut plays multiple cat sounds, naturally.

System Message: Your staring contest with the cats has formed within you the idea of a wonderful new skill!

And that's all 9 EX Skills mastered!

But here's something strange:

See, in the 2020s you would get a reward for getting every EX Skill, which requires you to start up an entirely new party and grind them up to the level prereq the hard way, with no dragons or bosses for large boosts of XP.

VFD is the only game in the series that allows you to get every EX Skill without it being a complete pain in the rear end, yet-

They completely removed it. You get nothing for unlocking every EX Skill.

Alright, let's go see what Mio wants.

We need to specifically go to the Common Room, which I think is the first time it's been mentioned... ever really.

I was getting tired of waiting~.

Do not just stand there, Unit 13. Come, sit!

I-I, um... I thought today we should have a party with everyone!

I am honored that you invited me to such a luxurious banquet, Ms. Mio.

O-Of course! It's nothing too special, but...

You guys are being way too serious. C'mon, this isn't some stuffy banquet. Loosen up!

Is that... so? I do not understand the proper extent of this so-called loosening up...

*giggle* Well, everything's ready, Opal!

Before we go to bed we have a small party to wind down before Chapter 6. How sweet. :unsmith:

As you might expect, we have to talk to everyone.

This tea stuff is delicious, but it's too drat hot. I have no idea how I'm supposed to drink it.

Eigur, I have heard that spinning your glass before consuming the tea will help cool it down. That is the tradition here. Like so...

A-Am I doing it right?

M-Mr. Eigur! Don't spin it so vigorously! Your tea is spilling all over the place~!

S-Sorry about that.

Hm? Are the two of you sensitive to heat?

What do you mean...?

Come to think of it, Ms. Nagiri has the same problem~. Maybe it's common among the Lucier~?

~

Food seems to taste better when in the presence of others.

~

Man, I'm feeling totally refreshed now~.

Oh-hoh... That is an incredible feat, Lady Mio!

You created this delicacy? It is as though you are a Royal Pastry Chef, Ms. Mio...!

*giggle* Th-Thanks... There's a lot more, so eat up!

Oh poo poo, it's Nagiri! She's actually up and about!

She's only been in bed since Chapter 4, after all!

Nagiri! How do you feel?

I'm doing a bit better today. I'm going to be late for my check-up, but I want to stay and see everyone for a little while.

Sheesh, you should've said so earlier~! Let's get started~!

Hahaha! You may sit over here, Nagiri! The apple pie Lady Mio made is truly superb!

*chuckle* How exciting.

Now that Nagiri's here there's a new set of cutscene chats.

You imbecile! There is no choice but to finish them! You must do whatever it takes!

OK, OK! Sheesh~! I'll have them ready~!

Eigur! What have you done...!?

Don't act like you haven't been up doing suspicious stuff in the middle of the night!

I-I am making something for Unit 13...!

Did you make this, Mio?

*giggle* No, Blaster Raven gave me a coupon for it.

What is a coupon...?

Holy crap... She ate that whole pizza all by herself! It's hard to believe she's still injured.

Do not be rude, Eigur.

Oh... My bad, Nagiri.

*chuckle* It's not a problem.

The atmosphere here is so tranquil... It is as though our prior battles were but nightmares.

Yeah... We've gotta figure out how to get pumped up for tomorrow, though. We need six True Dragon specimens to beat the 7th True Dragon, right? Wait... How many specimens do we have left now?

We also have one from the 5th True Dragon Fomalhaut from when it invaded Tokyo in 2021.

In Atlantis, we acquired the specimen from... the 3rd True Dragon Nyala...

And from Eden, the 6th True Dragon, Haze, and...

The 4th True Dragon Hypnos.

Nagiri...

*nods*

I believe Ms. Allie and Mr. Julietta are already preparing for that one~.

I see... We're so close! We need to prepare well for the next True Dragon!

Indeed, we must!

And then there's another scene for Nagiri.

'Scene.'

Once it is finished... I hope you will accept it.

*nods*

Their technique is truly impressive...

Seeing every scene automatically starts this.

*nods*

Hey, there's something I need to talk to you about. Could you slip out and meet me on the terrace? I'll be right there.

*nods*

It's all thanks to you, Mio.

~

That's the most fun I've ever had!

Mhm! I'm so happy to see everyone else having a good time!

~~

Even though we were all born in different time periods, I feel like we have a really strong bond.

And, I want this time of peace and happiness to never end... Hey, Opal... I've decided. I'm going to take the serum. I'm going to give it my all for my friends... and the world that they love. And... so I can help you until the very end, Opal. This is a promise to myself... I won't complain anymore. I won't run away.

Let's fight, together.

Thank you... You're right, Opal.

~

You can do it.

Thank you for believing in me, Opal.

~~

We won't lose to these dragons. We'll all fight, side by side, until we win. Um, Opal... Do you think you could stay here while I take the medicine?

*nods*

Thank you... It'd be a little scary to do it all by myself...

*giggle* I guess I won't know right away. I'm not worried, though! My grandpa made it!

*nods*

Opal... I promise, I'll be there beside you until my dying breath...! *giggle* Well, I'm going to head back in now. There's still so much to talk about!

And with that, the day automatically comes to an end.

Next time: Believe it or not, straight to sidequests.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Intrusive thought: Emel is, as a character concept across the series, very close to CnC's Kane.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXVIII - Featuring: A second day off

...Hold on a minute.

Where's the obligatory scene with the ISDF?

And where's the chapter card?

Haha, psyche!

We get not one, but two filler days!

Do whatever you want. Go back to sleep, finish up some quests, anything. I don't care. Peace out!

And this one is actual filler, there aren't even any quests that need to get done.

Hell, if I wanted to, I could literally just turn around, go back to bed, and kick off Chapter 6 this very second!

I mean, I not going to do it, I have stuff to do today. But the option is there.

As you might expect, we have new quests.

Thankfully, there's only two on the board.

This one comes from an Atlantis boy named Yuta, who made a secret request a while back... It seems his family has officially moved to Eden. Anyways, he said he wants you to come visit him in Kazan. I wonder what ended up happening with his girlfriend, though...? Please find out for me...!

The Nodens support sector is currently developing a new cocktail per President Allie's orders. However, it sounds like they don't have the proper ingredients... Please ask Mark, the manager of the Skylounge, for more information. Do your best...

Up first is Allie's cocktail.

Mark: The president has ordered me to make the best cocktail ever by melding all three time periods. Think you could help me?

I'd love to.

Mark: Then you will have the honor of tasting the first glass.

~

I can't drink alcohol...

Mark: You have no need to worry. It's going to be a non-alcoholic drink, per the president's request.

~~

Mark: There are three ingredients I'll need you to gather. From Atlantica, a Peach Nectar. You can get it from a Blossom. From the Vermilion Tower, I'll need an Ancient Icicle from a North Crown. Last but not least, I'll need a Bloody Essence from a Fly Trap in the Kazan Republic. Party time is almost here! Let's toast with the best cocktail ever made!

I already have a Peach Nectar and a Bloody Essence, but I'm somehow missing Ancient Icicles.

So I make a quick stop at the Tower to grab one.

North Crowns didn't show up at all last time. They're Ropers with stronger Paralysis.

And since I'm already at the Portal, I might as well go check up on the kids.

Yuta: After the incident, my parents fell in love with this place, so we're moving here for real.

What about eloping?

Yuta: Well, we decided not to elope. That is, we don't need to anymore.

~

Did you break up with Maya?

Yuta: Whadya mean!? I'd never!

Yuta: Maya's family decided they were gonna move in next door, so we're both gonna live here!

Maya: *giggle* Mother and father spend most evenings drinking tea with Yuta's parents these days.

Yuta: Anyways, we have another request to ask of you, Unit 13. It's like a present thing, or y'know...

Yuta: Yeah, that's it! We want you to deliver a parting gift.

Yuta: The truth is, before we left, we snuck out all the time to go play in 7th Encount...

Maya: We made friends with Yohei and Minami there, but we couldn't go see them before we moved...

Yuta: So, if you see them in Tokyo, I want you to give 'em this! They're our best friends, after all!

Maya: They said they're about the same age as us, if that helps. Please do this for us, Unit 13!

~

Maya: Maybe they can come visit us!

Their friends are in 7th Encount.

*gestures*

Yohei: Woah, those two actually moved? Seriously!?

Minami: *sob* I never got to beat them in 7th Encount~!

You'll play with them again.

Yohei: Duh! Even if they live super far away, we're still friends! We'll totally see them again!

Minami: I've gotta improve my high score before the next time I play against them!

~

They said you're their best friends.

Yohei: Hey, that's our line!

Minami: Maya and Yuta are our besties!

Minami: It must be really precious...!

Yohei: We're gonna have to take good care of it!

Minami: Um... I have a present for them, too... Could you give it to them?

*nods*

Minami: For reals!? Then, here. Take this ring. It's just a toy made of beads, but it's full of emotions!

Yohei: Ooh, me too, me too! Take this rare trading card over to them!

And off to the Skylounge for that drink.

Mark: My heart won't stop pounding. I've never felt like this... I know! We must get the president to take part in our tasting as well!

Mark: This moment would never have come if not for the help I got from Unit 13... I'm betting my bartending career on this destined drink...

Mark: Please, go ahead.

*nods*

Mark: What do you think?

It has a complex flavor...

Mark: Yes, a sensation reminiscent of the vast sea is found in the sweetness of the fruit juice. It has queenly elegance, knightly strength, and at the end, the gentle scent of roses...

~

It's incredible.

Mark: That is the only word appropriate for it... I understand. This cocktail in a way represents the path that Unit 13 has taken to this point...

~~

It's wonderful! This is exactly what I was looking for! An outstanding cocktail, only made possible by traveling between three different time periods!

Mark: As requested, I'll be serving it as a non-alcoholic drink. However, the price will probably have to be pretty high. We're using rare materials, after all...

No, no, no! This cocktail has no meaning if it can't be enjoyed by everyone!

Mark: You can't mean...

I'll use my own money to show just how thankful I am!

Mark: *chuckle* I should have expected our president to be so considerate. I guess things will probably start getting pretty busy around here.

*nods*

Mark: Oh no! I nearly forgot to thank you! Please take this, my destined heroes...

You obtained 8,000 Az!

You obtained SP Up 500 x3.

And back to Kazan to finish that quest.

Yuta: Woah! And this is Yohei's prized trading card!

Maya: ...I wonder if we'll be able to make good friends like them here.

Yuta: Of course we will! We'll make tons of 'em! Then, we can have a surprise party when Yohei and Minami come see us!

Maya: Yeah, you're right...!

The counterpart to SP Bonus, this gives a 1.2x boost on the next fight.

You obtained 8,000 Az!

Maya: Unit 13... Thank you so, so much!

Now, you might assume that this opened up even more quests to do.

And you'd be right!

But this is the very final (non-DLC) sidequest in the entire game.

Hip hip, hooray! Congratulations! Thanks to Unit 13, we completed all of the quests! That means I can finally go home... But first... I have one last request for Unit 13. This one is from me and Rika. We're going to present you with a special commemorative photo album to thank you for all your help! We'd like to take a group photo in the Nodens Main Plaza... Please bring along those who are most important to you... Well, Rika and I must go prepare... See you down there...

~

Break time always goes by too quickly★ I must enjoy it while I have the chance... Despite our ability to time travel, we cannot regain time that we've wasted★

I take a moment to check in here.

As the quest said, we have to go talk to everyone for the photo op.

*gestures*

A... photo? I don't really get it. You're saying it puts our image on a piece of paper? That does sound pretty interesting...

We literally had an entire sidequest about Ulania's stalker club taking photos of her. How is this a new concept.

Indeed it does. We had to abandon most of our personal possessions when we fled Atlantis. A picture of everyone would be a great way to commemorate our time here.

Yeah!

Eigur... Please give me some time. I must prepare.

We'll be in the plaza later, I promise! Don't start without us, no matter how late we are!

All sortsa people try to perv on Ulania but I never woulda thought you guys would come and join in...

Again. 16.

Up next is the Eden gang.

Aside from Nagiri, of course. Her rear end got banished back to Medical as soon as that party ended.

*gestures*

I see... You wish for Sailas and I to be a part of it. Hmm... I am afraid I must decline. I am not fond of photography. I do not wear make-up or fix up my hair like other women... and my features are lacking. It is somewhat embarrassing to think about preserving this pitiful image for time eternal...

Jil~. You don't need to be so self-conscious~.

W-What!?

I've been with you every day for years now. I think your features are actually quite nice~... And other than a few freckles here or there, your skin is in very good condition. Don't you agree, Unit 13?

*nods*

I'll make sure Jil comes along. See you at the plaza~.

I have already said, I do not wish to go!

And the last person we need to grab is Mio.

Oh, Nagiri isn't in Medical. She got straight up banished to the Shadow Realm.

*nods*

In that case, I should bring Nagamimi, too! Um... Also... Do you think it would be OK if I invited those two guys from ISDF...?

*nods*

*giggle* I'm so glad! I'll let them know right away! See you at the plaza!

I am certainly against this! There is no way you can make me!

You promised, didn't you~? You said you'd follow my orders if I won~!

There is no way I would be able to best you in something so foolish as reciting chemical names!

Exactly. It's your own fault for accepting, Jil~. Aren't knights not allowed to go back on their word? C'mon, give us a smile!

Grr...

Why? We're just taking this photo thing, right?

Yes, but this is an important commemoration ceremony. There is no room for discourtesy. Ah, perhaps I should have dressed in a more formal outfit...

*sigh* You're fine just the way you are. Right, Unit 13?

*nods*

Is that so...? As long as Unit 13 says so...

By the way, Unit 13... Yuma told me something... Is it true that photos take away a part of your soul...? N-N-Not like I'm afraid or anything...

Smile, Nagamimi! It's photo time!

But this is a celebration!

*sigh* A memorial photo? You humans are so stupid.

*giggle* And yet you're still here. I like that about you, Nagamimi... No matter how much you complain, you still like being with us.

Grr, you brat! Who gave you the right to say crap like that!?

We're part of ISDF... Wouldn't we just get in the way?

There is no need to worry about that, Admiral. Mio invited the both of us here.

Hm... I suppose.

Now that I think about it, Admiral... Have we ever taken a photo together?

We've taken videos for strategy records, but other than mission photos... not that I can remember.

Then this will serve as a memorial photograph for us as well. I wonder which angle I look best from. I should practice...

Wowww! There are so many people here!

This is quite the spectacle! How wonderful!

Please line up, everyone.

Wait! What about you two?

...? I have to stay here and press the button.

That's no good! This is a memorial photo, so everyone needs to take part! Right, Opal?

Maybe... me and Chika can take turns being in the photo?

Wouldn't it be best to just use the timer...?

... R-Right, the timer! Of course I know about the timer!

Y-Yes, what a useful device! I know exactly how to use it, yes.

W-Wait up, Chika!

...That really does not play well with upscaling, huh?

Guess the 3DS just couldn't handle that many models on screen.

All of our requests are now finished...

But only for now, OK? There'll be more someday! A company's gotta strive for progress! The work won't end as long as Nodens exists!

The work may continue eventually, but for now... Congratulations for completing all of the requests, Unit 13!

Thanks for all your hard work!

You obtained 8,000 Az!

You obtained SP Up EX x3.

Next time: Opal does Nodens.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 17, 2023

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah for the record, that photo looks perfectly fine on the 3DS, so that's more of an odd emulation issue since Citra can upscale the models, but that photo is just a texture. :v:

Grabbed a quick screencap off a YouTube walkthrough and as you can see, nothing is wrong there.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXIX - Featuring: The most fitting number

Now, before we go to bed and finally start Chapter 6, there's just one final thing left to do.

Namely:

Dates. As you might expect, all those quests get us the rest of the IDs.

You obtained Supreme Bento x1.

System Message: Hm, I haven't given you the number for the president's office yet, have I? Here, call me anytime★

You obtained ID: Allie.

You obtained Variety Bento x1.

System Message: You can pay me back with your body. Give me a call~♥

You obtained ID: Julietta.

You obtained Supreme Energy Bar x1.

System Message: Also... I don't know if this is proper compensation for all your help, but here is my number.

You obtained ID: Chika.

You obtained Supreme Energy Bar x1.

System Message: Oh yeah! You look kinda bored, so if you want some private work from me, here's my number!

You obtained ID: Rika.

You obtained Fried Rice Bento x1.

System Message: This is my number. If it's OK with you, I'd like to hear what you thought of the bento.

You obtained ID: Yoritomo.

You obtained Ropa Udon x1.

I obtained what.

System Message: Why don't we meet up sometime, alone? Keep this a secret from Jil, though~!

You obtained ID: Sailas.

You obtained Large Dragon Bento x1.

System Message: As a knight, I must always be prepared for battle. I will answer your call, no matter when.

You obtained ID: Brijilt.

There's a bizarre tweak here. Every other person ends off with 'You can now invite [person] to the Skylounge!' when you get their ID. Jil, and only Jil ends with 'You got Brijilt's number!'

You obtained Stamina Bento x1.

System Message: This is my secret Blaster Code. If you use it, I will be at your side in a flash!

You obtained ID: Hero.

And that's every ID in the game obtained.

We just have to make a quick stop to grab the final Skylounge level.

You obtained ISDF Purple Heart x1.

The ISDF Purple Heart is an accessory that gives +7 ATK/MAT/DEF/MDF.

Why the hell does a Nodens employee have this?

Are you hiding something from us, Mark?

But now...

The dates.

The 5 IDs we already had each get a new scene with this upgrade, and the 8 new IDs all have a full 3. In total, we have... 29 scenes to watch today.

We're going to be here for a while.

Let's start from the top.

I'll just have a glass of water...

No, no, no! That won't be a treat at all! You can't limit yourself to that! Eat! Eat like you've never eaten before!

~

Bring me all the food!

I should've expected nothing less of my dragon hunter. Your food orders are incredible as well. Alright, I'm going to eat even more than you!

*chuckle* It's nice to beat the dragon hunter at something! Let's do this again when you've found your appetite★

I must have sent those thoughts telepathically to you! *chuckle*

Was Allie supposed to give her ID much earlier at some point? Because it's a bit late to ask something like that when we're near the end of the game.

It's great.

Yes yes★ I'm glad to hear that!

~

It's rather... stimulating.

*chuckle* But you do like it, no?

~~

Our goal here at Nodens is the formation of a better tomorrow. We will overcome our troubled past. In order to do that, our employees have been working non-stop, both day and night.

I will win, for them!

You can take the support that people give you and transform it into strength in battle...

~

I need to live up to expectations!

That's right! You are Nodens's pillar of hope, Opal! Take the support of Nodens, and transform it into strength in battle! Keep up the hard work!

With that, I'm sure you'll be able to overcome any trial that stands in your way. Well, let's do our best on the next mission!

I was thinking of showing you somewhere very special to me, Opal. How about it?

Each third date has a choice here, and all of them just go 'oh, maybe later then' if you hit no, so just assume I'm hitting yes on all of these.

Alright, let's go!

This is a corner area in the War Room, for reference.

This place is where I come to relax and stretch my wings★ Being a president is surprisingly difficult.

What does a president do?

Hmm... I suppose I read reports, and negotiate with government offices. But the most important job I do is cheer on all my employees so they can excel in their work! *chuckle*

~

Why did you become president?

Hmm... Companies are very simple things, don't you think? All of the employees work together putting effort towards a unified goal. That effort is evaluated, then compensated properly. That's how companies grow and evolve. I love observing growth. That is why I decided to become president.

~~

Did you come from a rich family?

Not at all! I had to use every cent of my hard-earned money to start Nodens★ It's only thanks to the fact that 7th Encount ended up so popular that I can keep it running. If it hadn't been so successful, Julietta and I would've ended up completely homeless.

~

I want to be president too!

What a great idea! Nodens Enterprises is worth somewhere around... 50 billion US dollars. You should save up your money and buy it from me someday!

For reference, a quick google says that Ubisoft is currently worth around $3 billion.

Nodens Enterprises is over 15x as valuable as Ubisoft with a single major game.

*shakes head*

Ah, that's disappointing...

~~

It's all because I chose to make Nodens in Tokyo...

I'm glad to have met you, too.

In that case, my hard work has all paid off★

~

This all feels a bit strange.

Are you thinking that this is all too convenient to be coincidence? I suppose that's just how chance works★

Now, fully upgrading the Lounge in the 2020s unlocked the ability to invite the person of your choice for some *ahem* private time. This had no impact on gameplay, and was 100% optional.

In VFD, the writers decided to combine these with the final date scenes. There is no opting out of it.

We'd better eat up! We'll need the energy! *chuckle*

So there's no real way to sugercoat this, but...

...Opal will have slept her way through pretty much the entire cast by the time the day is done.

Let's do this again sometime! You're very special to me, Opal...

Some really good gear is behind the date scenes, so you can't skip them without missing out on it.

When you first got here, you were like a little lamb who could barely manage to stand. Yet now, you're the superstar of Nodens.

It's thanks to you, Julietta.

You say such cute things! But there's no need to be humble. Unit 13's popularity is all a result of your actions.

~

You jelly?

You're quite a bold little lamb! But... yes, I suppose. Truthfully, I am a bit jealous. All I want is for somebody to love me...

~~

Well, I shouldn't hog the popular Opal all for myself! Let's get back to work!

*giggle* I'm just kidding! Come sit♥

Thank you for all your hard work!

Hey, that's what I should be saying to you. I'm just a simple office worker. It's only thanks to you guys risking life and limb that my research is even possible.

~

You're always working so hard...

Not as hard as you~! *giggle* I guess I do enjoy my work, though. To be honest, my research is all I have left. I don't have family, no lovers, not even a hobby...

~~

Why did you choose this job?

Well... To put it simply, I guess I fell in love with Allie. Oh, heavens no! Not in that way! I fell in love with her talent.

~

You used to work for ISDF, right?

That's right~! I used to be some boring old guy wearing a suit and glasses to work every day. Isn't that surprising?

~~

But I didn't have any money to get back to Japan. There was nobody I could depend on. So, I spent a few months sleeping on park benches. The homeless life really toughened me up. Then one day, Allie came along and brought me into Nodens.

Keep it a secret, OK?

*nods*

I have a secret to tell you... Let's go somewhere a little more private. You're OK with my office, right?

*nods*

It seemed like Operation Code: VFD was just some pipe dream that Allie... insisted on pushing.

Honestly, me too...

Jumping through time to hunt down True Dragons just sounds absurd.

~

I always knew we'd do it!

You're so pure... Maybe that's why you've been able to reach such great heights.

~~

I used to think that if everyone I worked together, we could make the world a peaceful place... That fantasy was the reason I immersed myself in research so long ago.

It feels like humanity's not actually so bad.

You sound almost optimistic.

Yes, I guess it seems like that to you... *giggle* I'm glad.

~

We'll make your fantasy come true!

...! You...

~~

I believe now that Operation Code: VFD will succeed. There's no doubt in my mind.

*nods*

I look forward to our future together, Unit 13♥

The Retreat Ring is uhh...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Aria has 99 SPD, by the way.

Let's go.

*nods*

Have you ever considered how much intelligent life could exist in this very universe...? How many species do you think it would be?

Maybe one or two hundred?

Eeheehee... Let's just keep it at that for now, shall we?

~

I can't begin to imagine.

Eeheehee... That's understandable.

Somewhere else in this universe, another planet reached the end of its lifespan. Just like Earth, other planets have intelligent life populating them. The loss of those planets is pretty horrible when you think about it.

What exactly are you, Nagamimi?

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure myself... I don't know who I am... I don't know why I exist...

~

I wonder if the Earth will die...

It will. That's just how the universe works. Everything has to follow the cosmic laws. But... I refuse to. No matter what happens, I'm gonna survive.

~~

But something on that planet had the unstoppable will to live. That something was me. I don't have any kind of strong mission or power, though. I just... am. Allie took me in and gave me a job to do. My mission now is to be a guide for the dragon hunters. From everything I've seen, you have a pretty good chance of winning. You're still just a big freaking baby, but... you have the chance to become something great. That's why I'm gonna stay as your navigator until the very end, Opal.

Our customers would never shut up if we left here together. You go out first. C'mon, hurry up and go! Don't gimme that look! It's not like... this'll be our last time.

Other than accessories, we'll also be getting weapon upgrades for everyone. This one is for Duelists.

Next time: Oh god it never ends.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 30, 2023

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

To quote the Pokemon Uranium LP:

Say hello to Rocket Man.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You know, I wonder how much that 50 billion is when facing inflation after 60 years and a couple ends of the world.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
would not have put "had an intimate encounter with a(n alien??) creature that looks like a stuffed rabbit" on places VFD would go

and yet. here we are.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I did some cross checking and with that Retreat Ring, Rocket Man now has enough speed to completely outspeed everything in the main-game. Nothing can stop him now. The only things that can outspeed him are the enemies with priority and they are long dead.

GEORGE! is completely unstoppable now. God help us all.

BisbyWorl posted:

We are also aware that ISDF is in possession of a specimen of the 5th True Dragon Fomalhaut. We only currently know the locations of those two specimens. Therefore, four specimens remain. Your mission will be to retrieve them★

...What about Niara?

Like, he showed up a full year before Fomalhaut attacked, so why don't you have a sample of both? Did it get lost in the mail or something?

Araxxor posted:

The Fomalhut sample was picked up when he was killed at the end of 2020-II. Nyala was fought in 2020, but his sample just wasn't picked up there. (And they gave his wing being damaged as an excuse to go fight him in Atlantis instead of time traveling back to 2020.)

By the way I was completely wrong on this front. I stumbled upon information of a 7th Dragon VFD prequel light novel (which isn't translated and most information about it unknown). It takes place 8 years before the game and stars Yuma and a Lucier protagonist that does not show up at all in VFD. Apparently the plot of that is that Fomalhaut gets resurrected and that's when they actually get the sample since those 2 need to kill him again. And given that no news of this made it into the game aside from the ISDF having the sample, Fomalhaut must have gotten dunked on pretty quickly.

So most of the True Dragons made it to the party, but he arrived early and died offscreen in a book as a result. How humiliating.

Of course that just raises further questions. If not even Dragonslayers are enough to perma kill True Dragons, then what the gently caress happened with Nyala getting erased from history? :psyduck:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Update LXX - Featuring: Dates

Full disclosure: This update will be 100% date scenes. If you aren't interested, feel free to just skip this one.

She said it wasn't fair, and that she wanted to come... but I finally escaped from her. I didn't want her to be here while I was spending time with you, Opal...

Rika can come too.

Hmph... Me and Rika are two different people! I'll try really hard to hold a conversation. Please, just focus on me for today.

~

I'm glad we can be alone!

Really...!? I'm... so happy...!

~~

Break time is one hour. If I go over that, Rika will come after me with a fishing net. We'll have to talk a lot within the next hour!

It's been a long time since I was able to forget work and enjoy myself... Can we do this again?

*nods*

It's a promise. I'll be waiting!

It's OK, though. Break time means I get to spend time with you, Opal...!

Mmmm... You'll do it... for me? Even this... request...? *snore* I think for that... I might be able to leave work early... *giggle*

You dozed off.

Oh no... My one precious hour with Opal... I'm never going to fall asleep ever again! Let's continue... our chat... *snooze* *snooze*

~

Wanna rest your head in my lap?

Wh-What...!? In your... lap...? I don't want to use my one hour with you for a nap... But... the temptation... is too great... *snooze* *snooze*

~~

I-It's already time! I have to go back to work...

*nods*

I'm so happy... Let's have a real date...! Every date is supposed to start with a walk. Let's go...!

*nods*

This would be... on the R&D floor.

I only walk from my room to the counter every day, so my muscles have become very weak... I have something I want to tell you... I used to hate my job here. I wanted to be free from the chains of duty and time... But... working with Unit 13 was a lot of fun. You accepted every request without a fuss, and seeing you make people smile made me proud of my work. It made me feel... happy to be alive... Opal... Can you promise me something? You have to beat the True Dragons, no matter who, or what, stands in your way...

Of course!

Thank you... I feel like I can trust those words. The future depends on you, Opal.

~

I'll protect you, Chika!

I'll carry those feelings with me until the end... I believe in you, Opal.

~~

Don't worry. I'm feeling really energetic now. The rest of my work should go quickly... Thank you.

Chiru+Saku is the upgrade for twin blade Samurai.

Huh...? It's not about work? M-My body feels all funny... If I'm not working... I can't breathe...

This place is so weird! I wonder if they have any energy drinks! I need to pull an all—nighter!

You should just try to relax.

No no no way! I told you, I can't breathe if I'm not working!

~

It's just the two of us here...

Oh yeah! We're alone in here, so we should have some kinda secret strategy meeting, right?

*shakes head*

Oh, that's not what you meant...

~~

Well, I'll just start by talking about some sales—

*shakes head*

Wh-What!? Okeydokey, how about a quick self-development—

*shakes head*

Th-This is bad! If I'm not working, I'm not gonna be able to... *pant* *pant*

Helping Unit 13 with mission reports... That's my kinda work! Oh no, it's already super late! My break's been over for twenty seconds! I need to go back to my own work! See you next time!

Entertain me!

I get it! I blew you away with my entertainment skills last time, right?

~

I just want to talk to you.

Talk...? Ohhhh, I get it! You were just so amazed by my entertainment skills last time, right?

~~

No problemo! Entertaining guests is one of the many tasks of an employee!

Huh? You didn't think it was interesting? Then, how about a hundred of my best jokes...?

I entertained our company's guests, though! I'm a great member of society!

Though, actually... maybe you could help me with my work, if you're free. I need to go down to the Reference Room. Wanna come with me? Okeydokey! Let's go!

OK! That's all I need! We're in the Reference Room, so let's find a place to rest— N-Not rest! I meant study! Do you wanna study? Let's study!

*nods*

OK! Come with me!

Not just today, but all the time since you started working here. You always try so hard to help the company... You're definitely the best employee at Nodens! I really love seeing how dedicated you are, Opal. So the fact that there isn't any more work for me to do with Unit 13 is a little bit... Umm, it's really disappointing. But I'll be cheering you on! You're definitely gonna complete your mission! You'll... finish this once and for all, right?

Finish what?

S-Saving the world! These dragons are holding us back from doing actual work! It's like hell for me!

~

I'll do my best for you, Rika!

Mkay... I believe you.

~~

Me and Chika were waiting along time for you guys to show up. It might be a bit weird, but... Thank you for coming here!

Excuse me?

Chika will just nap forever if I don't watch over her. She's only done three straight all-nighters! She has no love for this company! See you, Opal!

Single sword Samurai, naturally.

I still don't have enough money saved up to take you out on a date, Opal...

Huh? Opal...?

It's a perfect place for you, Mio.

...! D-D-Does that mean... I'm still just a little kid...?

*shakes head*

This place is good for me as I am now.

~

This place is more relaxing!

You think so, Opal...? Honestly, being in that Skylounge place just made me nervous... I can relax a lot more here. *giggle*

~~

Let's go in!

Hey, do you think you could come to the Infirmary with me? I keep some snacks by my bed for special occasions.

*nods*

I love them!

I'm so glad! I love cats, too! Especially Ichiro... He was always there for me when I was lonely... I was hoping maybe I could do for you what did for me... *giggle*

~

Well, they're a bit scary...

R-Really!? You forced yourself to come here just so you could spend time with me... *giggle* That makes me happy... Thanks, Opal. But next time, tell me if you're scared. I'll protect you...!

~~

Skipping this.

And there's that second Mind Booster.

Even though you are busy, you remembered our promise... Thank you, Opal. I have planned the specifications of this date. All you need do is follow my lead. W-Well, first we must take a walk outside together... Let us go.

Let us sit here.

Oh, look! That cloud appears to be a pterosaur... ... Opal... Are you enjoying yourself?

I'm having a lot of fun!

I am so glad... I was worried that you would not actually enjoy a conversation like this one.

~

Do you know how to talk to people?

I am boring you, aren't I? It seems I should have spent more time studying humor...

~~

Oh, look at the time. Next on the list is the arcade. Let us go to 7th Encount.

However, 7th Encount is nothing but a training device for me...

Let's get something to drink.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Rehydration is important.

~

Let's watch other people play.

There is nothing I can learn from observing the fighting strategies of these peons... But if that is what you wish to do, I will not object.

~~

*nods*

That means, unlike us, they have no defined reason to play. However... that is what is most important, correct? Sharing time with others that otherwise would appear to be useless.

I think you're catching on!

Hmph... Are you making fun of me?

~

Why do you say that?

That thought came to me naturally from my time with you.

~~

At the same time, it feels as though I have grown closer to you emotionally.

*nods*

Perhaps all humans are yearning for this emotion... There is one more step before our date can conclude. Somewhere we can be alone would be most ideal. Let us use your room.

:smith:

I have already prepared plans for several other dates, so please join me again soon.

*nods*

An upgrade for Agents.

I really liked it!

Is that so? That's good to hear.

~

It was surprisingly tasty.

I suppose I should take that as a compliment.

~~

But why a bento?

...I used to make them every day. Once I no longer had anyone to cook for, I stopped making them... But recently, things have changed.

~

You said it's been twelve years...

I'm surprised you remember that. Yes... I used to have someone that I would make them for. Once she was gone, I stopped completely. However... things have changed recently.

~~

I've said too much. It's time I return to my mission. You should rest a little longer.

You won't be able to grow as a person if you spend all your time talking to an old man like me.

I just wanted to talk.

Rather than spend time with me, I'd like... I'd like you to stay with her.

~

I've been wondering...

About her...?

~~

But, Opal...

What do you think of her...? What do you think of Mio?

I'm not picking the second one.

I'm glad to hear that. ...Enough talk. I must return to my mission. We should have a lengthy, private discussion next time.

Sit here and wait. I'm not going to eat you. Just watch.

One Yoritomo Special Fried Rice, ready to eat. It's hot, so be careful not to burn yourself.

It tasted like old man.

Is that... a good thing...? I don't quite understand, but... as long as you liked it...

~

I want more!

So you like it that much...? In that case...

~~

Here, take this.

Using this recipe, you'll be able to recreate that dish any time. You should make it someday... for your... special someone. Anyways, what do you want for dessert? I'll answer any request you have.

Feel free to call for me whenever you're feeling hungry.

The strongest critical accessory, it gives ATK/MAT +15 and Crit +15%.

In that case, let us depart. Come this way.

Even adults come here to play and enjoy themselves... It seems that this place is an exemplar of the differences between Atlantis and Tokyo.

Isn't this overstimulating.

Well, yes... The sound and the lights make me feel as though I am in the thick of a storm... And I feel somewhat... dizzy... B-But it is not too much for me! Please, I wish to learn how to play.

~

Do you want to play?

Yes, that is why we have come here! I wish to play my first ever game. Please, teach me.

~~

*nods*

N-No, do not come any closer! Begone! Begone, foul beast! *shriek*

Thank you for assisting me in my game center experience...

My apologies... I am very dizzy... Do you think you could escort me back to my room?

The people of Atlantis are all finding ways to live, but I am still struggling...

Upgrade for Fortuners.

I wanna get a breath of fresh air. Let's go out to the terrace.

The ocean's not the only good thing about this place, though. These weird buildings and the huge sky above us are pretty awesome, too.

I'll protect Tokyo, for your sake... I'm definitely gonna keep this city safe!

Thank you.

It's enough seeing you smile.

~

You're so cool!

D-Don't act so surprised! I'm cool all the time!

~~

I'm not gonna be able to outperform you against the True Dragons. But at the very least, lemme protect what's precious to you.

Upgrade for Rune Knights.

That must mean you made some kind of monumental breakthrough, right?

Are you disappointed?

Well, yes. But I did learn something, so I'll let it slide... for now~.

~

Do I need more reason than that?

No, I don't mind coming here to talk. I discovered something very interesting along the way~.

~~

That must mean I'm psychologically excited by being alone with you~.

It's possible that my higher heart rate comes from a fear of heights.

We will have to gather more data another time! For now, I need to head back to my lab. Don't be afraid to contact me if you want to meet again. I'll be waiting~!

I'm trying to gather data on psychological reactions to generic greetings. The world of neuroscience is fascinating~!

You are now painfully aware of Sailas' eyes being purple in his artwork, but green in his model.

Or that I've suddenly developed terrible acrophobia. We'll need to meet somewhere else in order to test which of those is true.

Somewhere safe and secure, but where we can still be alone~.

Hm... My heart rate does seem to be increasing... Come, follow me. We need to go somewhere else to test my theory~. Let's get going~!

That means that if it increases when we're here alone... You must be the reason. Come on, don't just stand there~! Move closer.

This is a clear indication of psychological excitement!

Wow this is blatantly low effort. "Hey I think I like you." "Hey I think I like you." "Oh poo poo, I actually like you."

Is this love?

That possibility is very high~! Other options would be hatred, hostility, or admiration... But based on my analysis, this situation doesn't fit any of those emotions.

~

So, what should we do now?

Hmm, what indeed... Outside of academic endeavors, I have never felt this level of psychological excitement~.

~~

This has proven my theory. You and I are attracted to each other~. Hm? Are my calculations incorrect?

No, you're spot on...

Of course. Everything I've said is backed by scientific evidence~!

~

You're really blunt...

You can't expect some kind of literary romance from me. I'm a scientist, after all~!

~~

I want you to listen to me, as someone who clearly cares about you... Don't die. Warriors are always so quick to rush towards their deaths. But unlike researchers who can pass on their work when they die, if you die, that's it. Opal... You need to survive. You need to create the future. Do you understand?

I do.

I'll be counting on you. We already have Jil... We don't need another reckless warrior.

~

You need to survive, too.

Yes, of course. My brain is always seeking new knowledge, after all~!

~~

But that's enough talk. We still have another hour until the other researchers come back~. How about we experiment a little bit more?

*nods*

Then let's begin~.

I'll keep the data from today closely guarded. It'll be our secret research~. Well, see you later~!

Mage upgrade.

I have simply yet to acclimate to this building's layout...

*nods*

I am glad to hear that. You have a tendency towards recklessness.

Thanks for worrying about me!

There is no need to thank me. It is only natural to worry about a friend. My concern is for my own benefit, as well. When I think about bad things happening to you... it feels as though my chest tightens up.

~

You're one to talk, Jil.

Hmph... That is very blunt of you. I am a mere fool. Recklessness is my only option.

~~

Regardless, health is the most important thing. Your wellness affects everyone else's morale. I shall handle whatever daily tasks burden you. You must focus on hunting dragons.

*nods*

I should be heading back. I must go drag Sailas out of bed. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

I was glad to receive your invitation. I was hoping to see you again.

It was surprising to hear that children wanted to elope, but such firmness of emotion is splendid.

You have feelings for anyone, Jil?

O-Of course not!

~

Honestly, I'm envious of them.

I see... However, I do not agree!

~~

I have spurned romance in favor of the tender embrace of the warrior's code!

A partner to be your one and only is something more valuable than the rarest of treasures.

I am a knight of the Federated States of Mylos! The only love I need is my love for the queen! Searching for happiness will only distract me from my duty. Please pretend I never said anything. Well then, I shall be taking my leave!

However, it feels wrong for me to be taking up your precious time...

Why did you bring me here?

I want some alone time with you.

A-Are you sure you want... me...?

*nods*

~

Let's have a heart-to-heart.

I-I already trust you! Th-There is nothing more for us to speak of. Well, that is not quite true... I have kept a wall between us this entire time.

~~

On top of that, the worlds which we are from are two vastly different places. I was afraid to commit myself to you... I feared my heart would be more focused on you than on Her Majesty.

I'm happy to hear that.

...! I-Is that so...? Then... you must feel the same...

~

You're amazing, Jil.

...! I do not wish to get my hopes up, but... it appears that you feel as I do...

~~

I promised to discard my hope of personal happiness and live only in pursuit of justice. However... after I met you, I felt true joy, despite the perilous situation we found ourselves in. I am thankful to have had the honor of fighting alongside a noble warrior like you. I wonder if Her Majesty will scold me for thinking these thoughts...

Just for this moment, I am not a knight. I am merely Brijilt. Opal... You are my true hero.

Goodbye for now, and... thank you.

Banisher upgrade.

Just one more left!

GEORGE! gets to hang out with Kirino, for reasons which will become clear down the line.

L-Let's just sit down instead...

Don't you get hungry?

I get my energy from nutritional shots— I-I mean, I get my energy from the cosmos themselves! Sometimes I wish I could just eat until I was stuffed, but there's no choice with this body...

~

How much of you is machine?

My brain, optical nerves, and spinal cord are still organic. However, the remaining 90% of my body is completely artificial...

~~

You don't need to feel bad for me. I'll have you know, I quite like the body I have now.

Oh... That reminds me! It's almost time for my nutriti— I mean, it's almost time for my cosmic energy! We shall meet again! Farewell!

Thank you for making use of my Blaster Code! Let's take a seat!

Tell me about your life as Kirino.

Even though pain surrounded me, there was much to be happy about. I was surrounded by friends, and I was able to persevere in my role as Murakumo Chief.

~

Tell me about the old Unit 13.

The Unit 13 of my era... They were strong in both body and mind. Even though they have been somewhat lost to the deep recesses of history... They will live on in my heart as the heroes that saved our world.

~~

But within those tragedies, a bond of hope was born. That bond became the foundation for the modern day.

The disaster befalling our world, presently will surely allow us to push forward to a greater future. And... I believe that you will be the one to make that possible.

*nods*

Let us meet again! Farewell!

Do you have some time to join me for a while? Then come! Follow Raven!

Oh poo poo, we're finally learning what's behind the locked door!

Isn't it nice? It's a bit small, but I have plenty of equipment, and access to the Nodens database, as well.

You're amazing, Raven!

Hahaha! I'm not always just a bumbling old hero!

~

Why did you make this room...?

Isn't it obvious? I was hoping to settle my score.

~~

So, I am truly grateful for your assistance in defeating W-003. Thank you, GEORGE!. Using a specimen from W—003, I was able to create a medicine that rapidly increases self-healing. I'd like you to accept it.

And that's the God Hand weapon, but... why is it called the Mio Gauntlet? Mio mentioned getting a coupon from him yesterday too, so they clearly know each other. Is Mio just Super Blast's biggest fan? Is Kirino keeping an eye on her as the last living NAV? The weapon's JP name is NAV 3.0, too.

Where will you go?

~

I want you to stay here forever!

There is no need to worry. Heroes never die. *sigh* Who am I kidding...? There is no use in playing it cool... To tell you the truth, it is almost the end for me...

~~

Ahh... My cosmic power is... at its limits...

For whatever reason, what Raven says here is completely unsubbed.

Now, before you ask if they really just killed off a major character from the 2020s in an optional cutscene:

He still shows up whenever you invite him on a date, so Kirino is just being a drama queen.

And now!

We are done with the dates!

We can, at long last, go to Chapter 6.

Don't come crying to your Nagamommy later saying there were things you needed to do!

The game even wants you to be sure you're ready to move on.

Just let me sleep...

Eeheehee... If that's really what you want. Sweet dreams~.

Next time: Oh right, this is a 7th Dragon game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:wtc: VFD.

Yeah I have no idea what the gently caress with those 3 dates.