Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean anything can happen, the Lions got two first rounders from the Rams that wound up being 32 and 6, and at one point it was all the way up at like, 3rd overall. It's an extremely fluky league where weird poo poo happens year to year. But the Panthers have had a good offseason, put together a good coaching staff and have what you would think is a pretty good situation for a rookie QB to come into, and they play in a very smelly division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

is there a Packers and Bears FA WR that the Panthers can sign too

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I honestly thought they were going to keep Chark.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Yeah, I’m a little surprised by that one. He had a great season, I wonder if the money was just better in Carolina.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hey Brad.

Go sign Bobby Wagner with Chark’s money and then grab a WR in the draft.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

IcePhoenix posted:

As far as "trustworthy wide receivers for a rookie QB to have help them learn the game" Randall Cobb wouldn't be a bad fit.

Though having Cobb stick around to mentor the Watson, Doubs, Toure, [draft pick] crew wouldn't be bad either.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Guy A. Person posted:

From my perspective as someone who doesn't have much knowledge of teams outside the NFC North my entire thought process was "well they are the ninth pick this year and drafting a rookie QB and supposedly gave their best receiver to us, so they will probably be a little worse next year while their QB develops". I fully defer to more knowledgeable people ITT tho and agree that in any case 2 first rounds is still really good

EDIT: also probably subconscious Bears fan bias: "teams just get worse and worse each year till everyone gets fired, right?"

Part of why the Panthers were so bad wasn't the roster, it was Matt Rhule being abysmal. Wilks got them to 7-10 and he's not as good a coach as Reich. I'd also argue Stroud is an improvement over what they had at quarterback last year. That plus NFC South and I think 7-10 is probably their floor barring injury.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Panthers may not be bad but saying 7 wins is their floor is a stretch. Rookie QB, no Moore, no McCaffrey. There isn't a ton of talent on that roster and their record last season seemed a little better than their DVOA would imply. I'd put my money on 5-9 wins.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Eh, I doubt it. Teams found reasons to drop him a few years ago they’d find the same reasons this year. He’d be behind Stroud and Young I’m sure.

Richardson has a couple of inches and 20lbs on Fields. He’s Josh Allen sized. Putting up the numbers he did is nuts. Shame he’s bad at football.

I still can't figure out how Fields fell that far. He was #2 for like over a year behind Lawrence. Then a few weeks before the draft he plummets. He had a great combine, great season, and looked terrific in the CFP. It made absolutely no sense why Zach Wilson or Trey Lance jumped him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Niwrad posted:

I still can't figure out how Fields fell that far. He was #2 for like over a year behind Lawrence. Then a few weeks before the draft he plummets. He had a great combine, great season, and looked terrific in the CFP. It made absolutely no sense why Zach Wilson or Trey Lance jumped him.

NFL offices love outsmarting themselves and the Ohio State QB perception was very real. You could argue race is a factor as well but then again there's Lance.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

IcePhoenix posted:

Byron pringle is a UFA.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
EPILEPSY

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

JGdmn posted:

EPILEPSY

OHIO STATE QUARTERBACK!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Chark was only 1 year for 5 million. Probably hoping to play a full season and cash in, may not have wanted to be possibly 3rd WR on the lions behind St Brown and Williams. Either way he's good and Carolina got a stud.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Niwrad posted:

Idiots started questioning his ability to compete despite the Clemson game. I do think a lot of it came down to racism tbh.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

JGdmn posted:

EPILEPSY

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

What Chark doesn’t know is that Holmes & Pals used his genetic code to create an evil DJ Chark duplicate who will play for the Lions in 2023.

Say hello to Cheeday Shark. His eyes and pupils are solid white and he is constantly giving off a brief charge of static electricity.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

JGdmn posted:

EPILEPSY

hi

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Chark is now only 1 Cincinnati away from completing the cat team cycle.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOpsRrskNU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I could google this but I wanted to get the threads input...

I'm in the twin cities for a mini vacation and was thinking about doing a tour at US Bank Stadium. Has anyone done one? Is it worth it? I'm probably not getting out here for a game so this is the next best thing I spose.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Can't say anything about the tour, but an upscale pizza place called Young Joni was really good when I was there, and I'd definitely recommend it.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

I'm in the twin cities for a mini vacation and was thinking about doing a tour at US Bank Stadium. Has anyone done one? Is it worth it? I'm probably not getting out here for a game so this is the next best thing I spose.

A friend of mine went on the tour the inaugural season 'cos he knew he couldn't afford tickets, and he raved about it

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Wollawolla posted:

Chark is now only 1 Cincinnati away from completing the cat team cycle.

If the Panthers sign Marvin Jones too he'll beat Chark to it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

PneumonicBook posted:

Don't miss the trophy room.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Unless Patrick Mahomes is playing QB, Panthers will need a Time Machine to make Thielen a viable #1 receiver again.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SirPablo posted:

Lmao

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Brrrmph posted:

Unless Patrick Mahomes is playing QB, Panthers will need a Time Machine to make Thielen a viable #1 receiver again.

There is no universe where Thielen is the #1 receiver on a roster that has DJ Chark.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Q_res posted:

There is no universe where Thielen is the #1 receiver on a roster that has DJ Chark.

Thielen is already requesting a trade.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

SirPablo posted:

heh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

I remember there was a similar narrative about the Bengals taking Chase

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

indigi posted:

I remember there was a similar narrative about the Bengals taking Chase

All kidding aside, Chase to Cincy and Sewell to Detroit was one of those draft instances where it worked out well for both teams.

Joe Burrow still desperately needs protection, though. Hopefully for him, the Bengals signing Orlando Brown Jr. to that huge deal pays dividends.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Option C has me chuckling like an idiot.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Suntimes/status/1639770874373873665?t=i_5X9y2PYoGIek83M3Wc0A&s=19

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this is great

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Should the "anybody" in Option C be "Vikings"?

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Surprisingly little chatter in the thread about such a major organizational shift in Chicago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So did they get an o line or not?