Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ytlaya posted:

Can you bring up a mini-map in the Type-0 academy (or otherwise know which direction you're facing)? It's a pain to navigate. I have to resort to checking the minimal in the pause menu before and after changing rooms to figure out which direction I'm facing.

The big map shows your direction but there's no minimap no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

if it's so awesome where's the pc demo so I can check if it runs well

They’ll announce the PC version six hour before it’s released as an Epic Games Store exclusive

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They’ll announce the PC version six hour before it’s released as an Epic Games Store exclusive

We're talking about the best FF game Strangers of Paradise, which will release on steam soon.

Of course, FFXVI will release on EGS, no doubt on that

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Okay, it was half-joking cause I have an top-grade PC, it's mostly a joke about the game having ran bad on PC :v: So sorry, meant no offense.

I was looking into getting Strangers in Paradise on steam when it comes out (I got no issues with Epic Game store but I'm lazy and might as well wait), were there issues with PC port of the game?

I vaguely remember some technical complaints about the game, something about things being blurry? I didn't hear if they fixed anything or not.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

it honestly feels worse to play than lords of arcana, which is really saying something

I am unfamiliar with Lords of Arcana but I do agree that Type-0's gameplay is a bit bland

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Ventana posted:

I was looking into getting Strangers in Paradise on steam when it comes out (I got no issues with Epic Game store but I'm lazy and might as well wait), were there issues with PC port of the game?

I vaguely remember some technical complaints about the game, something about things being blurry? I didn't hear if they fixed anything or not.
There were many patch notes on the game.
https://support.square-enix-games.com/s/article/000001455?language=en_GB&game=sopffo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wondering if I should just start over when it comes to Steam. I didn’t go into the DLCs…

I’m gonna restart. A NEW ORIGIN

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

anyway type-zero is not a good game in the slightest

I hear some people have taken to calling it type-zero...out of ten!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Am I supposed to be able to do the 4* missions in CCR as soon as they unlock? I just finished the first mission in Wutai and I was able to beat all the 3* ones but I tried the 4* version of the Wutai boss and he wrecked me with his special ability. I guess I could be using Barrier to reduce the damage and idk some ability to bring the meter down to a point where it doesn't oneshot me even then?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I really wanna get Stranger of Paradise, especially now that it's cheaper, but life is happening currently and other things gotta take priority.

I suppose it's not going anywhere at least but I did very much enjoy the demo when I hosed around with it. Even if I'm really bad at it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I dunno if the demo has been updated but they've generally made the game easier to play with patches, and the dlc story stuff can be done with a buff that when combined with certain abilities makes you invincible.

Maybe you still need a bit more Gamer Sense™️ to get through it initially but it's not more demanding than most action games, I feel. Still wish it had a jump button though.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 25, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FrostyPox posted:

Stranger of Paradise is unironically loving awesome.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

Am I supposed to be able to do the 4* missions in CCR as soon as they unlock? I just finished the first mission in Wutai and I was able to beat all the 3* ones but I tried the 4* version of the Wutai boss and he wrecked me with his special ability. I guess I could be using Barrier to reduce the damage and idk some ability to bring the meter down to a point where it doesn't oneshot me even then?

It depends.

Honestly you can do all the way up until the optional superboss basically as soon as stuff unlocks. If one thing is giving you trouble move to another.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Spoilering just in case, but this is an absolutely hysterical response if you know the context:

https://twitter.com/Weather_Maiden/status/1638230533019672607

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BlazetheInferno posted:

Spoilering just in case, but this is an absolutely hysterical response if you know the context:

lmao

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Stranger of Paradise is both ironically and unironically awesome

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I felt so incredibly cheated when I played FFXV that all "Guests" are only around for one dungeon. I thought it be like XII where you can zoom around with them in the open world, do sidequess with them and poo poo. Nope.

But apparently it gets even worse. You can do the Iris dungeon before you even get Iris. So she gets nothing, you just drive with her for a bit and that is that. Also if you try to get out of the car so it doesn't auto drive you to the plot

quote:

I've tried riding a Chocobo while she was in the party (she has a pink one btw) and eventually you'll get a message saying that "You can't travel here with Iris"

FFXV makes it hard to like it at times.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That does feel like the series sometimes;

Sometimes it's incredibly, if not overly, friendly and will trip over itself to have you enjoy it.
And others it's a rachet old bastard that will smack you upside the head if it sees so much as a twitch your line-straight face.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BlazetheInferno posted:

Related to that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FF16 panel at PAX

https://twitch.tv/videos/1775432407

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
That good poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPqHuZwC_X4

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The game is absurdly beautiful, and I'm equally excited to hear the themes Sokken has composed for these areas as I am to explore them.
https://twitter.com/finalfantasyxvi/status/1639705413930168322

New combat footage including Eikon battles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vle0gxTYY1g

Tekne fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 25, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/LegionzGaming/status/1639709395327016964?t=jJA1khymX18-swSmighkzA&s=19

Showcasing some battle options for those who want an easier time. Also you see party members running with clive in the world areas, in case anyone was still worried about that

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://twitter.com/HMKilla/status/1639696220850384906?s=20
lol

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i'm hoping FFXVI gets a PS4 release, because i want to play it but i do not want to buy a PS5 just to play it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

goethe.cx posted:

i'm hoping FFXVI gets a PS4 release, because i want to play it but i do not want to buy a PS5 just to play it

it will not

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Their response to "I don't want it to be action" was just "Sorry!", lmao

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

goethe.cx posted:

As was talked about a bit up thread, there’s several mechanical elements that’s specifically built around how the Ps5 loads assets, and back-porting that would probably be a mess. So no, no Ps4 version.
Guess I’ll have to get a Ps5 soon myself

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I will get FFXVI when I buy a ps5 for VIIR-2

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Arist posted:

Their response to "I don't want it to be action" was just "Sorry!", lmao

A good answer IMO

Now do I spend $600 to play this game or wait possibly 18 months for a PC release that may or may not happen

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Makes me glad I already used tax returns to get a PS5!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FrostyPox posted:

A good answer IMO

Now do I spend $600 to play this game or wait possibly 18 months for a PC release that may or may not happen

I mean the honest answer boils down to how concerned you are about spoilers.

Even if a PC release doesn't happen you can still pick up a PS5 down the line and the game for cheaper, but the odds of you discovering that Clive was actually Bahamut in a skinsuit the entire time go up significantly.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Makes me glad I already used tax returns to get a PS5!

:same:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

FrostyPox posted:

A good answer IMO

I think at this point every mainline final fantasy game is on PC in some way or another? I think it's just a matter of when.

For me personally I'm ok with just waiting, since I still have to catch up on the more recent games like 15 and Strangers of Paradise.

And also wait ImpAtom said applies too. I'm usually ok with light spoilers but I know that's not everyone's thing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Today's FF16 info dump laid pretty much all of my doubts to rest. I just have left wanting to know about difficulty & accessibility options. But we are suppose to get a playable demo soon.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They've talked about difficulty, at least

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arist posted:

They've talked about difficulty, at least

I missed this! What did they say?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Is there a VoD of the stream? Everywhere that I can find has it chopped up into pieces and doesn't seem to have all of it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I said come in! posted:

It's in the OP of the 16 thread :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I said come in! posted:

Instead of difficulty options they've opted to make the game easier for players who want that by giving them a series of accessories they can equip that will automatically do combos or give a larger evade window or what-have-you.