Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
One thing that N Corp. Heathcliff has going for him over regular Heathcliff is that he produces Gloom for Faust's Representation Emitter, which is something you really want access to. The majority of Gloom-producing IDs aren't great, so you're mostly left with LCCB/Reindeer Ishmael, Nail Heathcliff, W Corp. Don, or maybe LCB Outis in a pinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Saigyouji posted:

One thing that N Corp. Heathcliff has going for him over regular Heathcliff is that he produces Gloom for Faust's Representation Emitter, which is something you really want access to. The majority of Gloom-producing IDs aren't great, so you're mostly left with LCCB/Reindeer Ishmael, Nail Heathcliff, W Corp. Don, or maybe LCB Outis in a pinch.

Emitter doesn’t use Gloom, it’s 4 Pride and 2 Gluttony.

Fluid Sac does, though, and if you have that you want to use it.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

AweStriker posted:

Emitter doesn’t use Gloom, it’s 4 Pride and 2 Gluttony.

Fluid Sac does, though, and if you have that you want to use it.

Yeah, brain broke for a sec there, meant Fluid Sac. But yeah, as things stand, N. Heath is probably one of the best Gloom options you actually have for an N. Faust team. (Plus you'll also want Gloom for Chains of Others (and Pursuance if you have it) if you're running N. Meursault.)

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 25, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Saigyouji posted:

I vastly prefer using W Don over N Heath, especially since the EGO she gets next week will probably turbocharge her access to full power Rip Space.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lurks With Wolves posted:

And Lust could always use more thematic range than just Horny

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
"Project Moon games are horny in the same way that one post describes Dark Souls games as 'horny, but for sickos.'"

Lust as pure desire for a thing you already have a lot of, independent of the specific nature of that thing, does have a good overlap with Greed and Gluttony though.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 25, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
wait, i can get lccb rodion for egoshards?

huh, that's handy

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Do enough people have Nagel und Hammer Identities / upties that we can discuss N Corp's very literal "brain food" they're seemingly siphoning out of victims and using to brainwash their soldiers?

Google Jeb Bush posted:

wait, i can get lccb rodion for egoshards?

huh, that's handy

And unrelatedly, yes! Every Identity and EGO currently available in the banners is also available in the Dispenser. And LCCB Rodion comes with my seal of approval fwiw, she's great. Suppress trucks people.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

goddamn kromer

I can semi-consistently get her down to 30% or so in p2, then some more nonsense happens and suddenly I'm dead

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
her clash-or-die mass is the main problem in p2, so building around spamming Meursault's Chains of Others or [The Odyssey had a purpose] is the simplest way to trivialize it

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Has anyone posted or seen a guide for the third dungeon, stuff like "here's the egos you can get on this floor, and how", stuff like that?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

KazigluBey posted:

Has anyone posted or seen a guide for the third dungeon, stuff like "here's the egos you can get on this floor, and how", stuff like that?

This is the closest I've seen to a full guide, though it pretty much spoils everything about the final boss from the beginning. It's not really going to guide you in terms of specific Ego gifts except the ones needed for Sinclair's boost, although frankly speaking the only other "plot-useful" one at least partially involves a more annoying fight than Kromer herself and is generally recommended that it be skipped even if it makes the Gate before the Dungeon 2 miniboss slightly harder than just skipping it.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 25, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Google Jeb Bush posted:

goddamn kromer

I can semi-consistently get her down to 30% or so in p2, then some more nonsense happens and suddenly I'm dead
what team are you using? i used faust/mersault/ishmail/yi sang/sinclair, all base egos/identities. have mersault spam chain of others when she gets to phase 2 and save the other egos for clashing

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 25, 2023

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I am now a proud member of the Holy poo poo What The Hell gently caress Kromer club :negative:

First time through the dungeon was with an N Corp blood& nails team and, well...

Second time was with LCCB Ish, Zwei Sinc, and a tremor team. It was a tough fight but I got her down. Then phase 2 started :suicide:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, I just realized April 6th is going to be insane, a lot of stuff is stacking up then. Passive changes, Overclock, Railway and it's new banner day too. In comparison there's basically nothing going on this week but that's fine, they can take the time to try to make all this random stuff work properly (it won't, but we love them for it).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

what team are you using? i used faust/mersault/ishmail/yi sang/sinclair, all base egos/identities. have mersault spam chain of others when she gets to phase 2 and save the other egos for clashing

G Gregor, lccb Ishmael, vanilla mersault, Heathcliff, and outis

It's possible I'm not powering mersault's ego hard enough

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, I just realized April 6th is going to be insane, a lot of stuff is stacking up then. Passive changes, Overclock, Railway and it's new banner day too. In comparison there's basically nothing going on this week but that's fine, they can take the time to try to make all this random stuff work properly (it won't, but we love them for it).

Mechanics that are first broken at launch just mean free Lunacy alongside the bugfix so all is well, either way :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

also one fight that seemed to be going well I forgot myself and cast Lantern, giving her bleed stacks for the rest of the fight

the rest of the fight was not very long

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I had a funny bleed setup with bleed units and Wound Cerid, Wolf Plushie, and White Gossypium.

I walk into the end boss of mirror dungeon. its the ribbon robot.

I get ready to pile on.

it dies in two skills. (cloud cutter + what is cast)

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021
So kind of need a solution to the problem of chapter 3's dungeon :')

I have run thru the whole thing with all base team except N. corp Faust, N. Corp Rodion, N. Corp Heath, and Kurokumo Hong Lu + G. Corp Gregor. Who can I slap in so I can spam Chain of Others? T_T

Really didn't want to redo that whole dungeon... Kinda hellish ngl.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

To be honest, N-Corp identities are... not ideal in that fight because of the bleed stacks. Same for Kurokumo Hong Lu.

I did the boss with all base identity Yi Sang, Faust, Outis, Sinclair, and Hong Lu. G. Corp Gregor can stay in place of either Hong Lu or Faust, but the other you might need to experiment. Not having regular Faust kinda sucks cause you can't spam Sanity refills with Representation Emitter. Meursalt kinda works with this team, but you gotta be careful on EGO affinity balance since so much of the team wants at least a little bit of Sloth. He won't be useful for anything except firing off Chains of Other though.

Apart from that it all comes down to how leveled everybody is, whether you have the timing right on parrying important attacks, and just a pinch of luck.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 26, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

darkfenrir posted:

So kind of need a solution to the problem of chapter 3's dungeon :')

I have run thru the whole thing with all base team except N. corp Faust, N. Corp Rodion, N. Corp Heath, and Kurokumo Hong Lu + G. Corp Gregor. Who can I slap in so I can spam Chain of Others? T_T

Really didn't want to redo that whole dungeon... Kinda hellish ngl.

Agreeing with everything Jossar said and also chiming in with a regular reminder: If it does take a couple of attempts, do not forget that you can still Uptie and level your characters and it will immediately reflect in the dungeon. So if you get stymied, just throw tickets at the problem.

This will NOT be the case with the Railway once that comes out, since it snapshots the exact state of your Sinners before and after every single fight.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
If you’re doing the endgame content with anything less than u3 level 30s, you’re already a crazy person and presumably know what you’re doing anyways.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TeeQueue posted:

If you’re doing the endgame content with anything less than u3 level 30s, you’re already a crazy person and presumably know what you’re doing anyways.

So, just you? :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Quackles posted:

So, just you? :v:

I’ve got my plans together, yes, but they involve u3 level 30’s. No reason to hold back against supposed endgame content, especially if there’s a shiny title on the line.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Did they mess something up in the Mirror Dungeon today? I've done five runs today (autoing it while reading; gotta get them shards) and all five final fights have been Baba Yaga, the four-wave fight against the ice werechickens. That is very statistically improbable.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I do wish they wouldn't specifically mark that you have to finish it in the first week to get the Embellished banner, that seems kinda harsh...

(I'm gonna have family over for half the week and won't be able to repeat tries as much to ensure maximum efficiency, though I'll still give it my all. I might even try a full base Identity run at some point, though I would have to turbo grind pretty hard to have them all at level 30 first week. I really should just commit to spending down all my modules tomorrow though, so much to do to prepare.)

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Einander posted:

Did they mess something up in the Mirror Dungeon today? I've done five runs today (autoing it while reading; gotta get them shards) and all five final fights have been Baba Yaga, the four-wave fight against the ice werechickens. That is very statistically improbable.

My finale was Headless Icthysis in my only Mirror of the day (and he went down like a punk to base Don just for insult to injury). I admittedly only ran one, but still: So far no chicken.

TeeQueue posted:

Glad to see I am apparently mad: I haven't put anyone except my rarely-used R Corp Ishmael to 30, I did Kromer and everything else so far with people who were at most in the low 20s. :v:

Railway though, I am probably gonna tank my ticket stash and get a real squad genuinely buffed to the roof. Like you said, no sense holding back!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BTW, which EGOs have special targeting rules? I've noticed Snagharpoon targets out of order, as well as one of Yi Sang's (but I don't remember which one).

I'd like to list them in my spreadsheet.

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

Jossar posted:

To be honest, N-Corp identities are... not ideal in that fight because of the bleed stacks. Same for Kurokumo Hong Lu.

I did the boss with all base identity Yi Sang, Faust, Outis, Sinclair, and Hong Lu. G. Corp Gregor can stay in place of either Hong Lu or Faust, but the other you might need to experiment. Not having regular Faust kinda sucks cause you can't spam Sanity refills with Representation Emitter. Meursalt kinda works with this team, but you gotta be careful on EGO affinity balance since so much of the team wants at least a little bit of Sloth. He won't be useful for anything except firing off Chains of Other though.

Apart from that it all comes down to how leveled everybody is, whether you have the timing right on parrying important attacks, and just a pinch of luck.

Hm yeah understandable. I honestly managed to bring Kromer to phase 2 (with only N Rodion alive tho lol since well... Keep losing clashes is the problem)

On leveling it won't be a problem since I'm going to level anyone I use (actually just leveled mr salt to lv30 yesterday for his Chain of Others), so maybe I can try like... G Gregor, base Outis, base Meursault, base Sinclair and base Yi Sang maybe from the list?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cranking up base faust from 1 (for standing in the background doing a support passive) to 30 is going to be a very annoying use of tickets because i doubt she'll be my favorite faust, but i might do it anyway, maybe she's the missing piece in my apparently bad-at-kromer team comp

e: i also poked my head into reddit looking for kromer tips and boy are they horny for grippy faust

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 26, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Quackles posted:

BTW, which EGOs have special targeting rules? I've noticed Snagharpoon targets out of order, as well as one of Yi Sang's (but I don't remember which one).

I'd like to list them in my spreadsheet.

In human fights Snagharpoon targets the farthest-right / highest speed enemy.
Both Roseate Desire EGOs have this same behavior with their corrupted versions, and they even explicitly call it out in the text. Not sure if they do the same thing uncorrupted...

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Wait... is fighting level 30s with some level 20s and level 27s not normal? I mean, it's not easy, but it's certainly doable.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I'd say it's perfectly doable. My kromer team was a bunch of level 27s and a level 30 base Sinclair. Because memes.

I just don't think it's a good idea to go into Refraction Railway with that kind of team, so long as you can afford the tickets to level 30 everyone on it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

KobunFan posted:

Wait... is fighting level 30s with some level 20s and level 27s not normal? I mean, it's not easy, but it's certainly doable.

It mostly depends on what the attack/defense numbers are. For every 5 level difference when clashing, the higher number gets a flat 1 point boost to that clash.

So if you try to clash a 20 ATK skill against a 30 ATK skill it will cause the 30 ATK skill to always have +2 to its skill power during the clash. They might also do more damage.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You definitely aren't expected to be all 30 for the ch3 dungeon. Hell you don't even unlock the best grindan' spots until after clearing it.

I did it with a party of all 25s IIRC but probably could've done it lower if I had a better team comp. Mine was just kind of "whichever LCB sinners look good out of the ones I brought to this dungeon" since my main party for the rest of it had ncorp bleed.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Hopefully will have literally everything maxed out before Refraction Railway drops but Tickets are honestly slow compared to thread. Got every ID up to 23 right now outside of my normal max leveled ones but it is starting to crawl.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

...actually, on thinking about it, I should probably wait for next week before going grind crazy because that's when we get the changes to XP Luxcavation where it's always the same value no matter when you run it, and yeah tickets are kinda slow. Continuing to wait and hope, then.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I'm doing three a day until then just because I have the resources stockpiled ant it's technically 1 over what they'll be the week after... I wouldn't do more than that right now, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Oh yeah, always do your dailies. Just talking about post-bonus.