Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the article says the $11M doesn't include web subscriptions, which is what twitter seems to be steering everyone toward by making the app store prices higher. who knows how effective that really is, though, since i doubt anyone buying an elon subscription is terribly price sensitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1639373657049841666

Even Ian is dumping on Elon's changes to Twitter lol

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The web subs could be double the $11m revenue and it'll be a drop in the bucket compared with the lost revenue from ads. And this is the income stream Elon wants going forward.

Elon...might not be very good at business!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at calling antman a journalist.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

"skewering left wing activists?" Yeah, I'm sure he does

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1639361021885431808?s=46&t=NcYZVtoPeX6rG9flHBMFfg

Apparently this is working. A buddy of my mine, who is quite lefty, lied with that reason and got his perma-banned account back in no time

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Durzel posted:

It is pretty funny that there's basically nothing you can point to that visionary Elon Musk has announced or imposed since buying Twitter that is objectively a good or positive thing for it. Every idea either misses the point, is implemented haphazardly (or just promisd), or betrays the fact he doesn't understand the platform at all.

Also that he fundamentally doesn't get that cluttering the gently caress out of the user interface with vanity stats is a detriment

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Breaking? That's been true since Elon bought the drat thing.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

ComfyPants posted:

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1639361021885431808?s=46&t=NcYZVtoPeX6rG9flHBMFfg

Apparently this is working. A buddy of my mine, who is quite lefty, lied with that reason and got his perma-banned account back in no time

one of my friends who was permabanned from Twitter like 3 years ago for telling a nazi to kill themselves just got his account unbanned that way lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

So is it that there's only like one person left in charge of unbanning accounts or does Musk have an AI running the department?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

kazil posted:

So is it that there's only like one person left in charge of unbanning accounts or does Musk have an AI running the department?

It could be Elon running it let’s be real

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

kazil posted:

It's one of those nuralink monkeys.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

War Wizard posted:

It's one of those nuralink monkeys.

giving dead animals a job is peak diversity and inclusion in my opinion

looks like elon has gone woke

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's just one of those sippy birds

https://i.imgur.com/tKIlnHK.gifv

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

AlmightyBob posted:

one of my friends who was permabanned from Twitter like 3 years ago for telling a nazi to kill themselves just got his account unbanned that way lol

I'm confused, I thought a month or two ago, Musk announced that he had unbanned all previously banned accounts to wipe the slate clean and give people a second chance or some such bullshit. That's why all those Nazi accounts got unbanned.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Squibbles posted:

I'm confused, I thought a month or two ago, Musk announced that he had unbanned all previously banned accounts to wipe the slate clean and give people a second chance or some such bullshit. That's why all those Nazi accounts got unbanned.

Elon claimed he removed all the people he blocked on his account.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

kazil posted:

Elon claimed he removed all the people he blocked on his account.

I guess it was back in November, but he held a poll asking if he should unban everyone. He said they would unban all amounts that hadn't broken the law or done egregious spamming
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/tech/twitter-unbanned-users-returning/index.html

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The Covid misinformation going on in Twitter is just criminal, it's gotta be

Just saw some "New Zealand Doctors Association" account (some name official sounding name) with a Blue Checkmark (very trustworthy) and it's just "Vaccines are the real killers! More teens died from vaccines than Covid!" tweets

But, like, a LOT of misinformation. If I search for Covid on Twitter it's practically all chud anti vax bullshit with a clear agenda. All the top results are like

quote:

COVID VACCINE INJURIES DOT COM (blue checkmark) says this super healthy 40 year old DIED from the Moderna Vaccine in 24 HOURS!!!!!111

Lots of videos starring this guy. A very sensibly dressed and professional looking man, probably telling the truth, hmm yes

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
tbf I died from the Moderna vaccine too but it took a few days

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

...! posted:

tbf I died from the Moderna vaccine too but it took a few days

I used to be a woke leftist like you, but then I took a vaccine to the knee

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I used to be a woke leftist like you, but then I took a vaccine to the knee

THATS WHAT SHE SAID

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hes just 10 years from making his money back this way if my math is right

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

If just a meagre 6,285,714,286 people sign up for it then musky will be alright

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Jesus - if the entire population of the world that has internet access (4.9 billion) signed up for Twitter blue, it would take longer than the first month to recoup his investment

($34 billion in first month)

Sound financials there, Musky boy

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Well that means people will just have to have multiple accounts!!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1639465681082277888

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
what but he promised

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh lol so they supposedly had a reason to stay

WELP

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

All Twitter employees will be gifted blue checkmarks.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He's gonna introduce them to the hot new T Coin

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like to think the strongest Dave is one of Bruce Mucculahs friends

https://youtu.be/s10yuh4NCTA

Edit: wrong thread

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
He gives the gift of memes 24/7 what more do they want?!?!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lazyfire posted:

Remember when someone bought a checkmark and crashed Eli Lilly's stock by impersonating the company and tweeting they would make insulin free?

That was awesome and I can't wait for the huge number of scams and corporate sabotage this will lead to.

It didn't crash it there was like a 3% dip like happens every second day

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

Understandable. It's best to reveal this this sort of thing on April 1st.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
At this point if you trust Ol' Musky it's more on you than on him.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Maybe if they stay on for 6 more months, Elon will finally come through

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Lifetime of Twitter Blue.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

He fired those who loving slept beside their computers.
The rest of you bums aren't getting poo poo.

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Why so miserly Elon? A paltry 10 dogecoins each from your personal vault should be enough to keep them in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

happyhippy posted:

He fired those who loving slept beside their computers.
The rest of you bums aren't getting poo poo.

The valuable award was the life lesson that management won't give a poo poo about you whether or not you sacrifice your life to the job. You're welcome!!