Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Amphigory posted:

Y'all got any of them capitalism.pngs?

I searched for capitalist wastefulness and found the first thing that didn't suck too much. peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

I searched for capitalist wastefulness and found the first thing that didn't suck too much. peace

this isn’t really that wasteful. Tim’s donuts these days are baked offsite, frozen, and warmed up in the actual stores. those maple dips are already fuckin stale before they hit that trash can. capitalism definitely ruined hockey man’s donut store. it’s owned by soulless Brazilian capitalists now.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

here's some png and a text then

Prohibited and Restricted Businesses

stripe.com posted:

You must not use Stripe’s services for the following activities.

Illegal products and services

• Any business or organization that a. engages in, encourages, promotes or celebrates unlawful violence or physical harm to persons or property, or b. engages in, encourages, promotes or celebrates unlawful violence toward any group based on race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other immutable characteristic

Products and services that are unfair, predatory, or deceptive
  • Pyramid schemes

• ‘Get rich quick’ schemes including: investment opportunities or other services that promise high rewards to mislead consumers; schemes that claim to offer high rewards for very little effort or up front work; sites that promise fast and easy money; businesses that make outrageous claims, use deceptive testimonials, use high-pressure upselling, and/or use fake testimonials; (with or without a written contract) offering unrealistic incentives/rewards as an inducement to purchase products or services but do not respond to any queries after the purchase

• No value added services including sale or resale of a service without added benefit to the buyer and resale of government offerings without authorization or added value

• Sales of online traffic or engagement

• Negative response marketing and telemarketing

• Predatory mortgage consulting, lending, credit repair and counseling services

• Predatory investment opportunities with no or low money down

• Remote technical support; mugshot publication or pay-to-remove sites; essay mills; chain letters; door-to-door sales

• Any other businesses that Stripe considers unfair, deceptive, or predatory towards consumers

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Do they just not operate in America at all?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ham Equity posted:

It rules out most applications of ChatGPT

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Potatoes are superior because you can put them in tailpipes and gently caress up cars. Also you can throw them at cops. I guess some cabbage is okay too.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is something that I think about sometimes when I try old treats and I think yeah part of it is degraded quality in the product, but also part of it is that it was never that good but it’s just now I have a lifetime of experience having actually well prepared food so even without degradation of quality I bet I’d still be disappointed

Nutty Buddies are still delicious, thank goodness

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Amphigory posted:

Y'all got any of them capitalism.pngs?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
have you considered this was made by an international community of different faiths and beliefs

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
there are many varieties of frog

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

capitalism.png: Gettin' Picatinny Railed

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ham Equity posted:

I wonder how much of that is actually enforced or audited or how much is just them covering their asses.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 19:28 on Mar 25, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lol

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

im the horseshit

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

PokeJoe posted:

Have you ever eaten a persimmon
Persimmons are really good if they are ripe. Most you see in stores are nowhere near ripe. Tastes kind of cinnamony

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Epic High Five posted:

Potatoes are far healthier than rice in every way, but so are most things.
White rice sure, but not brown rice. Tons of fiber and various nutrients. Nobody gets beriberi from eating brown rice.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cat botherer posted:

White rice sure, but not brown rice. Tons of fiber and various nutrients. Nobody gets beriberi from eating brown rice.

Brown rice is better but only just barely. Just eat the potato skins as well and everything's back to where it was. Wild Rice has some merit I guess but it's also like $9/lb bougie poo poo lmao.

I'm not anti-rice or anything, it's just a very poor foodstuff on its own in a way that the noble legume or spud isn't and its merit is more the incredible amount of calories you can get per acre from it (which potatoes still beat it at)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Brown rice is better but only just barely. Just eat the potato skins as well and everything's back to where it was. Wild Rice has some merit I guess but it's also like $9/lb bougie poo poo lmao.

I'm not anti-rice or anything, it's just a very poor foodstuff on its own in a way that the noble legume or spud isn't and its merit is more the incredible amount of calories you can get per acre from it (which potatoes still beat it at)

What about rutabaga and/or turnip?

e: I remember reading somewhere that you should substitute an orange with some rutabaga because you'll get the same amount of vitamins but not all the sugar.

:siren: OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T MEAN LIKE IN RECIPES :siren:

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 20:33 on Mar 25, 2023

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Nothing much what's turnip with you

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: I remember reading somewhere that you should substitute an orange with some rutabaga because you'll get the same amount of vitamins but not all the sugar.

:siren: OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T MEAN LIKE IN RECIPES :siren:

Both good but if I'm in the mood for something like that I'm just gonna get a squash of some type. Hard to go wrong with root veggies. Never actually cooked with rutabaga before. From a more practical standpoint, selling someone on an orange probably has a higher success rate.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Both good but if I'm in the mood for something like that I'm just gonna get a squash of some type. Hard to go wrong with root veggies. Never actually cooked with rutabaga before. From a more practical standpoint, selling someone on an orange probably has a higher success rate.

If your soup or stew doesn't have some rutabaga in it, I feel sorry for you.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If your soup or stew doesn't have some rutabaga in it, I feel sorry for you.

I need to make veggie stews more, they're good and I assume freeze well, I just sort of fell out of the habit when I stopped cooking with meat

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mawarannahr posted:

During the pandemic my company bought millions of dollars worth of raw materials using a letter from the DoD to skip all the lines and be at the top of every supplier's requisition list. This was partly because we assumed a >85% vaccination rate (lol) and also to box out any competitors. Fast forward 2 years and the vax companies canceled all open orders and revised forecasts down 80% so we are sitting on 8 figures of perfectly good inventory but no demand.

Apparently a deal was worked out where a customer paid us a fraction of the value of the raw material on the premise that we scrap it all. No repurposing. No selling to other companies that need it. Just literal tons of sterilized plastic components straight to a landfill.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I need to make veggie stews more, they're good and I assume freeze well, I just sort of fell out of the habit when I stopped cooking with meat

I don't really eat legumes (except for pea soup) so I use a lot of root vegetables.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

My house growing up had a persimmon tree in the front yard.

Needless to say, I dislike persimmons and think they're incredibly nasty.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Damson.

(We call it "kriikuna" which is exactly as unpleasant as I find the fruit.)

e: The flowers were very pretty to look at, though. It was right in front of the kitchen window. Lots of bumblebees too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

During the pandemic my company bought millions of dollars worth of raw materials using a letter from the DoD to skip all the lines and be at the top of every supplier's requisition list. This was partly because we assumed a >85% vaccination rate (lol) and also to box out any competitors. Fast forward 2 years and the vax companies canceled all open orders and revised forecasts down 80% so we are sitting on 8 figures of perfectly good inventory but no demand.

Apparently a deal was worked out where a customer paid us a fraction of the value of the raw material on the premise that we scrap it all. No repurposing. No selling to other companies that need it. Just literal tons of sterilized plastic components straight to a landfill.

The most efficient way (to move stuff to the landfill)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

The numbers don't lie.

yea. the numbers say potatoes are bad and make people fat.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Yeah, it is a once in a long while fruit at best, I can imagine all that dropped fruit just rotting in the sun and collecting flies.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, it is a once in a long while fruit at best, I can imagine all that dropped fruit just rotting in the sun and collecting flies.

Birds exist.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ArmZ posted:

yea. the numbers say potatoes are bad and make people fat.

Potatoes own, sugar is the real enemy

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I have bad news for you regarding what starch is made of

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Shame Boy posted:

Starch is a more complicated sugar and it breaks down slower and is therefore healthier right?

Reading more about this, and starch can be very bad and I hate learning new things cause they always SUCK

AxGrap has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Mar 26, 2023

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

potatoes are just long sugar!!!

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Okay beans are the best, that's fine

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ardennes posted:

It did.

And then you'd walk through the yard and get rotten fruit goop all over your shoes, which tracked everywhere and, as you can imagine, smelled wonderful.

gently caress persimmons.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Shame Boy posted:

try to take my spuds you limey gently caress!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
We had a plum tree when I was a kid and that just meant an incredible annual wasp harvest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

We had a plum tree when I was a kid and that just meant an incredible annual wasp harvest

shoulda planted a fig tree next to it