Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

I've watched Lost I think 3 times, and I still like it. I still consider it a top 10 show, although I usually don't watch a couple particularly bad episodes when I rewatch. The beginning of S3 is pretty bad I think because of a writer's strike, but the second half of 3 and 4-6 move pretty quickly. The ending was fine, not groundbreaking, but I considered it good enough. The last couple seasons have some of the best episodes of the whole show, usually focusing on Charlie or Desmond.

Thanks for the recs, I'll chuck it into my rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I had a real moment where I realized I’m out of touch with the common man. I went to the bank on a Friday afternoon and was amazed at how busy it was. Oh yea, a lot of people still get physical checks or cash, and deposit them at the bank after work on Friday.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I had a real moment where I realized I’m out of touch with the common man. I went to the bank on a Friday afternoon and was amazed at how busy it was. Oh yea, a lot of people still get physical checks or cash, and deposit them at the bank after work on Friday.

Every now and then I have to go to the post office to pick up stuff they won't just leave on my front step and I'm always amazed at the amount of people who are paying bills.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the other day a homeless guy asked me for change at a 7-11 and I said I don't carry cash and he said he takes venmo and I thought he was joking but then later I'm unsure if he was serious he might have been lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

the other day a homeless guy asked me for change at a 7-11 and I said I don't carry cash and he said he takes venmo and I thought he was joking but then later I'm unsure if he was serious he might have been lol

Something like 40% of the homeless work at least part time.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One of my friends that lives near Seattle got a job offer Garfield County but he noticed on Google that there are no properties to rent in the area.

I half-joked that he should just live in his car.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Lol don't move to loving Garfield county but if he does dude's gonna have to look for housing in Pullman.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I wear those socks.

I also wear closed toe shoes so that nobody has to see the toes of my socks.

(edit: I got way behind on the thread and am catching up, Sorry about losing your job Fiz, but it sounds like a poo poo place to work and you'll do fine)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Don't ever curse yourself into living in Garfield County

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 25, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lol, get hosed Bama

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm loving crying

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Bad year to be a 1 seed. Yeesh.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a neat cape posted:

I'm loving crying

hell, rooting for y'all and LSU women

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The Big Jesus posted:

Bad year to be a 1 seed. Yeesh.

I don't really care about college sports but was really hoping to see my school win one. Oh well. This is probably it for Houston too, their three best players are gone after this game

Miami outplayed them in every facet of the game

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
First year a 1 seed hasn't made the elite 8, lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
a 16 over a 1, a 15 over a 2, no 1s in the elite 8

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre/status/1639425355428810752?t=WabZ7hbMYUtoDnkjmVHNpg&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

I'm loving crying

you are so close, comrade. The mighty san diego basketballers are so clooooooooooose

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Domestic chores question.

I normally use whatever spray on tile/shower cleaner I find at the shops but I have those ugly orangy stains on my bathroom tiles. Where even scrubbing with bleach on my hands and knees doesn't seem to lift them. They were there when I bought the house and its kinda one of those things that annoys the gently caress outta me.

Anyone have some kind of secret home remedy or research chemical I have to buy from the dark web that can fix this poo poo?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

a 16 over a 1, a 15 over a 2, no 1s in the elite 8

Could be no 1s or 2s. Transfer portal has really borked the sport I guess.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

General Dog posted:

Could be no 1s or 2s. Transfer portal has really borked the sport I guess.

Sport looks fine to me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My school uses the portal as much as anyone in the country and in back to back years won it all and lost to a 8 seed in the second round. It can go either way.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

BlindSite posted:

Domestic chores question.

I normally use whatever spray on tile/shower cleaner I find at the shops but I have those ugly orangy stains on my bathroom tiles. Where even scrubbing with bleach on my hands and knees doesn't seem to lift them. They were there when I bought the house and its kinda one of those things that annoys the gently caress outta me.

Anyone have some kind of secret home remedy or research chemical I have to buy from the dark web that can fix this poo poo?

Do you have CLR cleaner where you live? That stuff is amazing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

My school uses the portal as much as anyone in the country and in back to back years won it all and lost to a 8 seed in the second round. It can go either way.

It'll just take time to figure stuff out, and it'll be figured out by someone or other and a light bulb will go off for good programs.

Athletic scholarships of any sort were once (very long ago) controversial and the Big 10 hated them. The Big 10 figured out they were being dumb eventually and are still around and doing fine, this year aside for basketball success in the tournament. People/programs will get how to go about new rules pretty quickly I'm guessing. Kentucky's sort of the surprising one to me being mediocre this particular year, you'd think Calipari is used to getting all he can out of one year players in his program. And probably about how to work deals for NIL a couple of decades before that was a thing.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wouldn't the transfer portal hurt mid majors the most, where a player can leap to a Big 5 team without less issue?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Grittybeard posted:

It'll just take time to figure stuff out, and it'll be figured out by someone or other and a light bulb will go off for good programs.

Athletic scholarships of any sort were once (very long ago) controversial and the Big 10 hated them. The Big 10 figured out they were being dumb eventually and are still around and doing fine, this year aside for basketball success in the tournament. People/programs will get how to go about new rules pretty quickly I'm guessing. Kentucky's sort of the surprising one to me being mediocre this particular year, you'd think Calipari is used to getting all he can out of one year players in his program. And probably about how to work deals for NIL a couple of decades before that was a thing.

Excuse me sir, Wisconsin is in the Final Four :colbert:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The Big Ten has athletic scholarships?? Has anyone told the Iowa offense?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

I was about to say the same thing, but a lot of times it's not carried in grocery stores if it exists where you are (Australia, right?) so you might need to go to a hardware store. The other option I can think of is some sort of powderized cleaner, like Ajax or Barkeepers friend https://www.amazon.com/Bar-Keepers-...486&sr=8-1&th=1

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Braksgirl posted:

Yeah, CLR is great for bathroom and kitchen cleaning. I have a coil top stove and use it when I deep clean the top plus in my bathroom.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I came away from John Wick 4 disappointed. Then again when you set a standard so high with the first one (and kinda match it in the 2nd) you are due for a market correction.

I do find it humorous that Donne Yen is playing another blind man in an American movie.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The altitude must really gently caress with some people’s heads out here, huh

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1639459072327008258

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ether Frenzy posted:

The Big Ten has athletic scholarships?? Has anyone told the Iowa offense?

How else do they produce good TE's for the NFL?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Android Apocalypse posted:

I came away from John Wick 4 disappointed. Then again when you set a standard so high with the first one (and kinda match it in the 2nd) you are due for a market correction.

I do find it humorous that Donne Yen is playing another blind man in an American movie.

I liked it but I also haven't seen all the movies. A bit ridiculous at times but I enjoyed the ride.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I do have some clr somewhere. I use it to descale stuff outside.

Thank you sirs and ma'am. I will give it a whirl.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Freaquency posted:

The altitude must really gently caress with some people’s heads out here, huh

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1639459072327008258

If you had just shown me the clip of this woman claiming that McDonald's was selling ground-up human meat in their sausage and hamburger patties, I would have assumed that she was a parody account

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

If you had just shown me the clip of this woman claiming that McDonald's was selling ground-up human meat in their sausage and hamburger patties, I would have assumed that she was a parody account

I wouldn't care. McMuffins are delicious.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

bobjr posted:

Wouldn't the transfer portal hurt mid majors the most, where a player can leap to a Big 5 team without less issue?

It goes both ways where people also leave the big schools to go to smaller ones that can offer more playing time. No one wants to stick around if it means riding the bench for a year.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Shinji2015 posted:

Or Louise Belcher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mSOvWW1Vio

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
So my son is going to prom today, he is a sophomore but his girlfriend is a senior. It definitely makes me feel old though seeing him in a tux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
There is a high of 40 today and we're getting 8" of snow, gently caress off with that garbage