Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Just going to take a sip of my drink and read these video game patch notes from yesterday...

quote:

- 14 new active skills:
Chaoswalker: Orbs of Destruction, Volcano Eruption
Beastmaster: Brutal Slam, Summon Cave Bear
Assassin: Debilitating Bomb, Fan of Bombs
Elementalist: Ray of Fire, Heat Explosion
Legionnaire: Corrosive Spear, Purging Slam
Necromancer: Plague Rats, Putrefy
Death Knight: Ravaging Strike, Carnage

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Oxxidation posted:

tony wasn't even perma'd, just regular banned

pretty sure he didn't rereg because you can't keep a cork in a personality like his for very long

Tony came back as vomitorium and was picked out immediately in the F1 thread. He eventually did a bit too much cocaine in his m3 and ate the perma

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

That Little Demon posted:

Watch the IZWF tonight bozos

absolutely

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Tony came back as vomitorium and was picked out immediately in the F1 thread. He eventually did a bit too much cocaine in his m3 and ate the perma

less than two months between rereg and perma. well, i was right about the personality bit at least

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

duh

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

TheSwizzler posted:

what time zone

8PM EST

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fuckin midnight?? on the day the clocks go forward???

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

fuckin midnight?? on the day the clocks go forward???

US did that poo poo already weeks ago

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i work for the russian governemtn and vladimir putin is personally paying me to post

editwrong thread

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i work for the russian governemtn and vladimir putin is personally paying me to post

editwrong thread

*radio chhhkkktt*

We got a burn notice on you.

*PYFQCSCREW scatters to the wind*

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Coming in from the leper’s colony so sorry it’s late but I’d just like to say LMAO at getting humilliated and permabanned because you wanted to save $15 on your attempts to frame your posting enemies for transphobia. That’s so hosed up. I love the forums.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Jeff is going to pop up when he wakes up from his slumber to post where her IPs were located and it's going to turn out she actually was a Russian state actor like GBS thought...

Love when a roller coaster starts pulling back into the station, but then immediately dispatches again for another round.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

☝️

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Ariong posted:

Coming in from the leper’s colony so sorry it’s late but I’d just like to say LMAO at getting humilliated and permabanned because you wanted to save $15 on your attempts to frame your posting enemies for transphobia. That’s so hosed up. I love the forums.

lesson #1 in posting warfare school:

spring the extra $5 if you're gonna frame your enemies for an av purchase

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

B33rChiller posted:

Kolby setting goals that I believe we should all easily exceed

also closes on a note about impossible goals from Ath at the end:

Athanatos posted:

The smilies will be taken care of too at some point.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Frank Frank posted:

Stuff like that it’s usually because someone knows them irl and PMs an admit. Same thing with why that “goon dating show” thread got shut down. Probably not hard to speculate as to why but one day it was just “something very bad happened” and the thread was closed.

What goon dating show

Remember GLITBL? That was some crazy times. I almost posted on one from my city but I chickened out when someone much prettier than me and closer to his age posted. He went on the date with her and it seemingly went well. I wonder what ended up happening with them.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

ilmucche posted:

turn my back on the forums for an evening and miss the wildest thing since koala's march.

This is still my favourite saga because it happened just after I joined the forums
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779396

Thank you for posting this, I always miss the fun threads when they happen.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

hell yeah, I got money riding on this one.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

NoiseAnnoys posted:

hell yeah, I got money riding on this one.

Can I just bet that everyone will have a good time?

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
Undisputed best thread to lurk and occasionally throw a white noise post in, glad it's back.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

bustin keaton posted:

Undisputed best thread to lurk and occasionally throw a white noise post in, glad it's back.

:yeah: thanks for postin

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Frank Frank posted:

Stuff like that it’s usually because someone knows them irl and PMs an admit. Same thing with why that “goon dating show” thread got shut down. Probably not hard to speculate as to why but one day it was just “something very bad happened” and the thread was closed.

was that the Goon Love is the Best Love contest from like 2012 where gbs set goons up on dates with other goons

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Grassy Knowles posted:

I think when the odds are extremely likely the payout's pretty low

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

sure but you’ll never become a forums superstar with that healthy, non-grifting attitude!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm gonna have a bad time to steal your money spite you :twisted:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

tryna get my pal who just regged last week and has 3 posts to enter the fyad noob contest

he is an actual factual noob, the rarest species of goon

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

he needs an av tho or he'll be killed on sight thats just how that goes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

idk if it's a saga but i just remembered that time goons once tried to make an anime 'tan' mascot for something awful and it was cringe. maybe it wasn't actually cringe but my blurry memory tells me that it was

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

The 7th Guest posted:

idk if it's a saga but i just remembered that time goons once tried to make an anime 'tan' mascot for something awful and it was cringe. maybe it wasn't actually cringe but my blurry memory tells me that it was

I always thought the only non-cringe 'tans' were from those sega(?) games where all the characters were based on consoles. But I also still like :nyoron: so like taste varies.

Someone please unearth sa-tan

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

OS-Tan Wiki posted:

Something Awful-tan is a trend setter, notorious for a lot of internet memes including O RLY?, All your base are belong to us and Im in ur base, killin ur doodz (and variations of). She tends to be very snarky and says everything is awful in some way (ex: That's awful! or Wow! That's not awful!). Her hobbies are making fun of idiots, reviewing bad websites, making parodies and throwing grenades. She has aquamarine + white hair with grenade-shaped hairclips in the front and dons a blue outfit based off of a SWAT team uniform which she wears to reflect her 'duties' as the Fashion SWAT, apprehending those whose fashion doesn't meet standards. But she does not enforce the law, she is usually running from it as she is also a juvenile delinquent who has gotten in trouble with the law several times (SA has had a lot of legal problems) and does not get along with The Smoking Gun-tan, who is usually out to get her. But Something Awful-tan is after the Smoking Gun-tan because she wears clashing colors!

Fark-tan is Something Awful-tan's closest friend- sharing some of the same interests, sense of humor and fondness for photo editing. However because Fark-tan is also friends with The Smoking Gun-tan, tension arises when the three are together. Another companion of Something Awful-tan's is a snowy owl who she taught 'useful' phrases such as O RLY?, YA RLY and NO WAI!

I can go spelunking mayhaps

e: hm maybe not GBS doesn't show up in archives for dec 2006, although i rarely use archives so maybe I'm doing it wrong

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 25, 2023

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The 7th Guest posted:

:kstare:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

The 7th Guest posted:

The Smoking Gun-tan is depicted as a serious-looking grey-haired woman with glasses, and wearing a black shirt, red tie, orange vest, red skirt and drab chartreuse blazer. She'll take nearly any case (she especially likes the outrageous, shocking and obscure kinds), which she's prepared for with her folders full of evidence and pictures. Also specializes in declassifying files and has an impressive gallery of various mug shots which she shows off with pride. She specializes in legal and police work.

Most others are scared of The Smoking Gun-tan, knowing that she can use nearly anything someone says or does against them and with her being friends with Fark-tan, who can blurt that stuff out to the masses, make it well-known quickly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

I always thought the only non-cringe 'tans' were from those sega(?) games where all the characters were based on consoles. But I also still like :nyoron: so like taste varies.

Someone please unearth sa-tan

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

now there's a fuckin classic

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Grassy Knowles posted:

now there's a fuckin classic

please, somebody have the original thread. That was possibly the quickest goldmine.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The 7th Guest posted:

the "tans" were for each forum, because the goons had unearthed the website of someone who enjoyed art of anime women being punched in the stomach until they vomit.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/you-arrrrreeee-champions/

quote:

ENTRY OPTION #1: Readers of Something Awful should be familiar with the various OS-tans; anime girls representing computer operating systems. Recently a mean bad ALoD recipient decided to create a Something Awful-tan and drew a comic about her getting punched in the stomach and vomiting. That just won't stand! As your entry for the art category create a Something Awful tan, either for the entire site of Something Awful or for one of the sections like the ROM Pit or Photoshop Phriday. Bonus points will be awarded if she is pictured abusing the man in the ALoD comic. This can be animated if you choose.

image here

the creation of further anime art was supposed to... own him somehow?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

The 7th Guest posted:

e: hm maybe not GBS doesn't show up in archives for dec 2006, although i rarely use archives so maybe I'm doing it wrong

You have to use the old GBS forumid: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

whats the reason gbs got a new forumid

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

lobster shirt posted:

You know how much it sucks now?

It was worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

:sickos: