Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, Bama lost? That rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

I stopped watching at halftime when SDSU was down at least somewhat badly. I am disappointed with myself, because that would have been fun as hell to watch.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
LO-loving-L if our administration turned up their nose at Rodney Terry and dragged out a coaching search and he gets the Final Four and his price skyrockets.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

I stopped watching at halftime when SDSU was down at least somewhat badly. I am disappointed with myself, because that would have been fun as hell to watch.

SDSU was up 5 at halftime

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

SDSU was up 5 at halftime

It was actually around halfway through the second half I guess. They were down 8 or 10 at one point and I lost faith.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

PostNouveau posted:

When this game went final and Miami was cruising the group chat agreed it was bedtime, you were not alone in checking out early on a Friday night.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m impressed with how well UCLA is doing keeping SC from scoring but also how little it matters because SC has some of the most insane defense I’ve ever seen

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m impressed with how well UCLA is doing keeping SC from scoring but also how little it matters because SC has some of the most insane defense I’ve ever seen

I think the only way to beat SC is to be up by 20 at the half since SC just wears you down so much that all your players are dead for the last 20.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

South Carolina are bigger than you and they are better than you and they pick the ball clean.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
DII finals are on CBS right now, if I remember right both teams average 100+. Right now there is 15:00 to go in the 2nd and it is 68-61.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
UConn being on the wrong end of a 16-0 run is weird and new

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Oh man nothing scarier than someone dropping and clutching their leg without being touched at all

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao dude got T-ed up for kicking bench chairs over and CBS cuts to a shot of the chairs still laying on the floor after the free throws.

e: oh poo poo West Liberty is frustrated and starting to get really chippy

e2: holy poo poo this game is getting out of hand

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 25, 2023

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Lmao dude got T-ed up for kicking bench chairs over and CBS cuts to a shot of the chairs still laying on the floor after the free throws.

e: oh poo poo West Liberty is frustrated and starting to get really chippy

e2: holy poo poo this game is getting out of hand

Yeah, a flagrant 2, 2 techs, and a ton of regular fouls and even more missed calls.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

105-96 and counting

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ohio State isn't putting UConn away and this is going to bite them on the rear end.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Ohio State isn't putting UConn away and this is going to bite them on the rear end.

Nothing has ever been more certain

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Just for reference, the last time UConn didn't make the Final Four, Bush Jr was POTUS. The last time they didn't make the Elite 8 was around the time John Paul II died.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

let's go owls

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think he's actually good but K State so far can absolutely not deal with FAU's big dude.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
FAU looking way more at home in this game than last round

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
drat https://twitter.com/MarchMadnessMBB/status/1639754374359678976?s=20

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think he's actually good but K State so far can absolutely not deal with FAU's big dude.

lol the defender in the middle was just fully bent over, shoulder into the dude not even looking at the basket just trying to slowly bulldoze this dude far enough from the basket so he doesn't get the offensive rebound

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Desi Sills went from Arkansas to Arkansas State to Kansas State, I know he is out of eligibility but I think his destiny is to show up as a GA at Kansas next year to complete the transformation

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, this halftime love letter to "tough love" sports parenting

BUMBACLOT
Jun 19, 2008

Dude this Nowell kid is insane

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BUMBACLOT posted:

The assists are so goddamned good. It's surprising there aren't more turnovers because guys just don't expect to get a perfect pass out of nowhere and flub it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BUMBACLOT posted:

Yes, he is very annoying to play against.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

The assists are so goddamned good. It's surprising there aren't more turnovers because guys just don't expect to get a perfect pass out of nowhere and flub it.

Haha, opportune time for this post.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Nowell so far ahead of everyone else on the floor that he's fooling his own team with his passes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Nowell is fun as hell.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Rick posted:

Nowell is fun as hell.

Last year with he and Nijel Pack was even more fun.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This game is great

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alright Nowell you're crafty and awesome as hell but maybe don't drive it directly into the chest of the 7 foot dude.

I guess it didn't get swatted at least, but you're not making that shot very often.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

This game is awesome

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Setting the bar high for elite 8 games.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Tennessee got it to 9 going into the final 10, but I'm not optimistic about them pulling an upset here

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If I were Kansas State I simply wouldn’t have gone on a 5 minute scoring drought

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I think ksu is just going to hope nowell can just drain threes for the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol pretty blatant foul when you're playing on 4