Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Edit: double post sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Confusedslight posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...nday%20evening.

Thank you for the names! Found an article about the incident. I don't know about them doing nothing wrong though? Was it overblown maybe? But it was still a lovely comment from her.

I think the producers told her to be the mean Simon Cowell style judge and talk poo poo to the contestants. She was just even more unlikable than he is. Then when there was a backlash the producers hung her out to dry.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Has an incredibly powerful 'morons trying to look smart' vibe

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Can't believe Eggs Malone is out here serving us sunny side up.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Has an incredibly powerful 'morons trying to look smart' vibe

turn your monitor on

luxo posted:

"As much as you may actually like or dislike her views, you actually have to defend the right for people to have free speech in a liberal democracy. The way to deal with that as I have said is have other speech and debate counter the view that you don't like, rather than intimidating behaviour."

hope someone points out to him that parker has called for men to patrol women's bathrooms with guns, to look out for trans women trying to use them

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Oh, just like Luxon sits down and talks to everyone who disagrees with him.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
What is it with smug know it all right wing men an "actually". Keys used to do it all the time.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

If money can be considered to be speech, then soup can be considered to be speech as well.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Is that Kraftwerk?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

(L-R, front row) jeffrey of yospos, spr, spr

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Sphyre posted:

(L-R, front row) jeffrey of yospos, spr, spr

:drat:

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007
Of course it's getting more attention than it deserves but that was a really dense comment from Marama.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
the whites in this place ain't right

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
really odd how the only politicians regularly accused of racism in media and by the electorate are all maori women, really odd! almost as if there is a general culture of white supremacy or something

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

jpparker55 posted:

Of course it's getting more attention than it deserves but that was a really dense comment from Marama.

What did she say

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007

Slavvy posted:

What did she say

Nothing really significant but far too specific and pointlessly divisive. A typical lefty own goal unfortunately. She'd just been hit by a person on a motorcycle that was pro terf for context so I can understand why she was pissed off at CIS men.

"Trans people are tired of being oppressed and discriminated. I am a prevention violence minister [sic]. I know who causes violence in the world, it is white cis men. That is white cis men who cause violence in the world. Trans are taonga. Trans women are women."

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

It's a dumb own goal in an election year and she's also right but its without context and the right will flog it forever.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

White dudes are pathetic weaklings who perceive any slight as oppression*

Unfortunately they run the country

Conclusion: very dumb thing to say

*Source: a white dude

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think it matters if it's potentially correct in context, it's an insanely stupid thing to say in her official capacity. Like, even if tomorrow they publish data that literally proves the statement correct, it was still a dumb and pointless thing to say.

It's honestly exhausting to see the greens throw away votes on an election year.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

No lie detected tho

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Technically correct vs politically correct

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Good to see the free speech decorum poisoning in full force.

No freedom was ever obtained without violence and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot or a saboteur.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
hmm better do the usual left thing and throw her to the wolves

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
extremely good wayne

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

El Pollo Blanco posted:

the whites in this place ain't right

Off whites

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
what season is it gonna be by election time?? it's shaping up to be a white boy spring

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
Labour continue to hit new lows https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/polit...HKF5M25YYHBY3M/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Human rights are for winners - Michael Wood.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/486871/national-party-leader-christopher-luxon-demands-marama-davidson-apologise-to-cis-white-men
Lol, yeah the smart play is to go all in on this

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Zero political instincts, he could have gotten all the benefits by letting Seymour attack. Admittedly the majority of his base don't see any problem with asking a Maori woman to apologise to white men.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

To all white cis men, I say I'm sorry.

Sorry you're responsible for most of the violence!

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
There I was complaining about the greens throwing votes away and then this moron comes barging in like a cum colored kool aid man

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I love how much I bet the transphobes are just seething at the title of that article with its inclusion of the words cis men.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

To all white cis men, I say I'm sorry.

Sorry you're responsible for most of the violence!

actually I believe the claim as stated is that it's all the violence

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

:actually:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Progressive JPEG posted:

actually I believe the claim as stated is that it's all the violence

:actually: no she didn't say "all"

quote:

I am a prevention violence minister [sic]. I know who causes violence in the world, it is white cis men. That is white cis men who cause violence in the world.

Not a hint of a lie there. Hard "not all men" from Mr Luxon and co.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

bike tory posted:

Not a hint of a lie there. Hard "not all men" from Mr Luxon and co.

too gay for the right

too white and cis for the left

stereotypes all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

cis white men cause violence is just a statement of fact, fam