Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

dsriggs posted:

Take a guess what Sky News thinks the problem with the LNP is. Take one guess...

https://twitter.com/SarkySage/status/1639560997437579265

Congratulations! You got it right!

Oh oh I got Bingo!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
thank gently caress i won't have to see perottet's creepy pastor/groomer-esque face anymore

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
do the exclusive brethren or whatever creepy religious weirdos dom is apart of believe their arent enough people and thats why he has 7 kids?

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

do the exclusive brethren or whatever creepy religious weirdos dom is apart of believe their arent enough people and thats why he has 7 kids?

Opus dei and yes there needs to be more strong catholics
Ed: preferably the weird self-flagellation ones

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

anyone watching the ABC live stream?

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

Yep

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I thought it would be closer lol

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

GoldStandardConure posted:

LNP will be re-elected lol

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys
So..... Almost 40% of Kiama voters are happy with a former lib now independent charged with sex crimes?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
For the federal election sky put their entire coverage on YouTube, hopefully they do that with this election too. In the meantime I guess I’ll have to watch ABC. It’s too late to tune into sky now unless I get the opportunity to watch from the start.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Take a guess what Sky News thinks the problem with the LNP is. Take one guess...

https://twitter.com/SarkySage/status/1639560997437579265

Congratulations! You got it right!

I dunno how many times these bastards have to hear that their brand of conservatism is now electoral poison

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

I love the studio setting

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

Liberal strategist, talking about Nats not losing a seat (besides Monaro) vs Lib losses

'no one likes to admit they have an ugly baby' (re: Libs)

☠️

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jerk Burger posted:

So..... Almost 40% of Kiama voters are happy with a former lib now independent charged with sex crimes?

concerning

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Josie posted:

Liberal strategist, talking about Nats not losing a seat (besides Monaro) vs Lib losses

'no one likes to admit they have an ugly baby' (re: Libs)

☠️

I think the same person called a lot of Lib candidates in previously safe or safe-marginal seats "factional peanuts"

a pity the camera wasn't on the rest of the studio's faces at the time

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

Jerk Burger posted:

I'm extremely surprised and disappointed his vote is that high. You can't even blame people voting Lib out of habit since he wasn't the Lib.

Autisanal Cheese posted:

I think the same person called a lot of Lib candidates in previously safe or safe-marginal seats "factional peanuts"

a pity the camera wasn't on the rest of the studio's faces at the time

He's so blunt and realistic and I've really been enjoying it

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/6NewsAU/status/1639592037325627393

get hosed fred

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I was genuinely surprised that the greens and independents didn't get a bigger piece of blowing out the Libs rear end pie

I watched a documentary about owls tonight rather than election coverage, so I kinda just get to watch weirdos burst into tears about wokeism or some poo poo because no one likes the lnp

Owls are loving spooky

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 25, 2023

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_0bRylRZg0

In case you are wondering how Antony Green does his thing

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

The Peccadillo posted:

I was genuinely surprised that the greens and independents didn't get a bigger piece of blowing out the Libs rear end pie

I watched a documentary about owls tonight rather than election coverage, so I kinda just get to watch weirdos burst into tears about wokeism or some poo poo because no one likes the lnp

Maybe there was a perception it was going to be close so people were more inclined to make their vote certainly count instead of protesting against their otherwise preferred candidate (LIb/Lab).

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eat poo poo all you corrupt fuckwits.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gently caress that oval office.

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

Owls are loving spooky

Because a lot of people don't understand preferential voting, a lot of people voted 1 Labor *just to make sure* who might otherwise vote differently (especially with mandatory prefential voting) - I certainly spoke to some of these people today while handing out

Green had some good graphs early in the ABC broadcast about preference flows fed vs state and the difference is stark - if people don't have to preference they mostly don't.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

gently caress that oval office.

News of the loving decade

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Josie posted:

Because a lot of people don't understand preferential voting, a lot of people voted 1 Labor *just to make sure* who might otherwise vote differently (especially with mandatory prefential voting) - I certainly spoke to some of these people today while handing out

Green had some good graphs early in the ABC broadcast about preference flows fed vs state and the difference is stark - if people don't have to preference they mostly don't.

News of the loving decade

Eh, hosed em off

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

To be fair he was in second position in a tiny senate grouping with no above the line option, so he had slightly less chance of being elected than my cat. That said,

quote:

get hosed fred

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I didn't say at what election.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Resident Idiot posted:

To be fair he was in second position in a tiny senate grouping with no above the line option, so he had slightly less chance of being elected than my cat. That said,

Why was he able to get elected to date?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Honestly I would have guessed Fred Nile had been dead and in hell for about ... twenty years, how old is that freak

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Dutton gets elected somehow too so here we are.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Electric Wrigglies posted:

Name recognition for the Fred Nile Group or Party or whatever it was Christian Democrats - everyone knows what he stood for, and there were enough people who looked at that message and thought "yup, that's what we need".

Resident Idiot fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 25, 2023

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That was loving satisfying to watch.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

big shame that the ALP are spineless when it comes to cutting carbon emissions

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Just carbon emissions? scoff.gif

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

lmao

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

In actual progressive politics news, Jon Sri is stepping down from being councillor for the Gabba ward (elected 7 years ago).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-26/qld-jonathan-sri-quits-bne-council-trina-massey-to-replace-him/102146768

I think this is a great change for Jon as he's been the lightning rod for a lot of poo poo while being the easy to connect to face of Greens advocacy in what is now Greens heartland. The work wouldn't have been possible without the team/party supporting Jon but someone had to be the face so hopefully he'll have the space and time soon to pursue some other projects without being burdened in local gov't.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/maxthelobbyist/status/1639756144788004864?s=20

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

When is the Tas. Statw election? When do they get the chance to fall in line and become ... one of us.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

BrigadierSensible posted:

When is the Tas. Statw election? When do they get the chance to fall in line and become ... one of us.

Not for a couple years I think. Queensland might ruin it before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Resident Idiot posted:

Name recognition for the Fred Nile Group or Party or whatever it was Christian Democrats - everyone knows what he stood for, and there were enough people who looked at that message and thought "yup, that's what we need".

Was his spot on their ticket changed? Like why now is he unelectable but was rock solid for almost 30 years.

And I agree he was predictable and clear for a long time so agree with your assessment.