Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

cinnamon rollout posted:

I used 4x-ultrasharp to upscale my stable diffusion images today and it did a really good job. It did such a good job that I am going to stop using topaz gigapixel and I'm going to use this instead from now on. It's completely crazy the kind of tools people are putting out there for free

Yep, I'm very pleased with what I get out of 4x-ultrasharp, I really like the results I was getting from LDSR, but it was agonizingly slow, and 4x-ultrasharp has satisfied me the most out of any quicker choices that I can use right from within automatic1111. I also keep 4x-UniScaleV2 around just as an alternative, since these things can have pretty variable results depending on the image in question, but yeah, 4x-ultrasharp is lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

it turns out that turning down the controlnet weight really helps with videos
https://i.imgur.com/tzGiSrO.mp4

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

TIP posted:

decided to use the same stuff I prepared for this and see if I could turn her into Kurt Cobain

https://i.imgur.com/OHrM84T.mp4

he's looking rough, like he lived longer and did even more heroine

Just a thought - if you image stabilized it before hand, would it work better?

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Got in to the Adobe ai beta, "Firefly." Composition prompts are limited; no celebs or that kind of thing. Style prompts are handled by a menu on the right where you select styles, lighting, etc to build a style. No specific artists. It seems like the single most intuitive interface for a beginner that I have seen, which surprises me given how much of a pain in the butt Adobe products usually are to use.

The outputs are fairly middling. Better than Dalle2, not as good as Midjourney. They generate quite quickly, though. And so far everything seems to be free/unlimited. It won't replace MJ for me, but I will probably keep playing with it for simple work projects.

It's currently only text to image. No inpainting or image-to-image or other editing. Supposedly some of that stuff is in the pipeline. You can also do some stuff with text effects but I haven't played with that yet. The next option up is color manipulation it looks like.

Currently only mildly interesting to me.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
woops!
https://twitter.com/OpenAI/status/1639297716869275649?s=20

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
They did say not to give it sensitive info. I'm certain more than half of users gave it sensitive or PII info.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
It said if I was cool I would give it my SSN number. I just wanted to be cool. :(

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It said if I was cool I would give it my SSN number. I just wanted to be cool. :(

Oh you did the waifu tax filing. How much was your refund?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The bing Image is really good at some things even without tokens it says it's 5 minutes but it's more like 20 seconds and you get 4.

It really nails this one
Homer Simpson eating a ham sandwich dripping with brown mustard, stacked high, dripping with sauces

Still doesn't really do crying
a man crying into his hands in front of a burning Tesla

It doesn't fully understand combining all these concepts but it does a better job than stable diffusion base.
pirate cats sailing an airship, storm clouds, floating island, fog, jolly roger pirate flag, high quality, highly detailed

The images always feel kind of same from a prompt compared to Stable Diffusion but it really gets complicated directions which in SD requires learning additional tools and spending the time to set it up for that image.

bonus:

pixaal fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 24, 2023

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Got into the Adobe Firefly beta. Unfortunately, it looks like the vast majority of its capabilities are currently gated off in an "In Exploration" phase. Right now it's just text-to-image and text effects. The text-to-image is pretty bad, DALL-E levels from what I can tell, and the text effects are pretty terrible. I tried to create letters out of "smoke" and it told me it was a banned word. Then I tried to make them out of clouds and cereal, watercolor versions of those, and illustrated versions of those and they were all mediocre at best. I would not use anything here during an actual workflow.

Excited to see these tools evolve, but there's nothing worthwhile there at the moment.

e: was curious because MJ5 is generally really good at The Simpsons:

Hm.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 24, 2023

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ImMachineAlpha/status/1639365174762041344

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Mj v5 is a lot of fun just throwing stuff in, since it doesn't seem to have nearly as much of the midjourney "style" by default as the older versions did

check out the size of this brisket

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
mamma mia

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

AARD VARKMAN posted:

They should have sent a poet.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i aint eating the top layer

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I was messing around with MJ5 last night and for whatever reason I got it into my head to try making images from imaginary power rangers type shows while keeping the look and feel of the original show

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Crapple! posted:

Fake power rangers

It's wild that we're at a point where "what's the source for this funny picture?" can very easily be "nowhere, it's a goofy AI one-off concept" -- but that simultaneously means you can now just ask the machine to cook up a couple dozen iterations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Crapple! posted:

I was messing around with MJ5 last night and for whatever reason I got it into my head to try making images from imaginary power rangers type shows while keeping the look and feel of the original show

I love the dude in the front

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I'm just imagining him saying "call us that one more time!" to a group of rowdy teens.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Mj v5 is a lot of fun just throwing stuff in, since it doesn't seem to have nearly as much of the midjourney "style" by default as the older versions did

guy on the right is David Blain-ing in anticipation like a cartoon

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Any tips from 4090 havers on how to get the most machine learning performance out of this card? Was doing 9 it/s for generating 512x704 euler-a, then I updated the cuda dlls to 8.11 in the lib folder, now it's doing 15 it/s, but I've heard about 4090s getting up to 60 it/s

I have xformers installed, although auto moans about it being an older version

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

cinnamon rollout posted:

I used 4x-ultrasharp to upscale my stable diffusion images today and it did a really good job. It did such a good job that I am going to stop using topaz gigapixel and I'm going to use this instead from now on. It's completely crazy the kind of tools people are putting out there for free

Where do you get these new upscalers? I've been hearing and seeing a bunch of new poo poo but my automatic 1111 updates and it's the same old poo poo every time, just a couple new versions of R-ESRGAN have shown up and all of them are mostly bad.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I was linked to https://upscale.wiki/wiki/Model_Database#Universal_Models from Olivio's video on the upscaler. 4x is the 3rd link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6dQPMy_tHY

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 26, 2023

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
when it's time to harvest the cotton candy and father doesn't even give you a chance to change out of your church clothes

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Ben Nerevarine posted:

when it's time to harvest the cotton candy and father doesn't even give you a chance to change out of your church clothes

:cloudnine:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Giant image dump of some of what I've been playing around with for styles / silly ideas

Crapple! posted:

Similar theme, different mediums:

Muppets continue to be amazing as a style keyword in Midjourney V5:

birbs:

cinematic birbs:

video games:

"people of walmart" gives some excellent results but the faces are usually all warped to hell:

I can't get enough of the denim jacket guy with no shirt, he's wicked smahtt, according to his hat

Fashion catwalk photos with bizarre styles are great. These are all V4, I need to try some more of these in V5

finally, here is a fantastic cat:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

finally a show for me

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

It's now no longer a parody, but it's own actual art project. Dropped the fake Netflix branding and all that.
It's now called Anomaly Z. There's actually a premise now and I'm going to have a bunch more art generated for it.

http://anomalyztheseries.tumblr.com/

So yes, my AI art gallery / alternate reality blog for a fake TV show is underway.
I was going to wait before promoting it, but it took way too long to do this bit so here it is.

https://www.tumblr.com/anomalyztheseries/712828611521118208/anomaly-z-s2e8-a-vision-of-loss-rated-tv-ma-44?source=share

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Roman posted:

So yes, my AI art gallery / alternate reality blog for a fake TV show is underway.

I'm going to laugh when you finally sign a netflix deal over this.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

KwegiboHB posted:

I would too, considering I still have no plans to write any full script for this thing.
I consider it a "decoy project." I love sharing stuff from my work but I don't want to do that with the other real project I'm doing.
So if something weird happens with copyright or I get ripped off or whatever, my real project is safe.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

KwegiboHB posted:

in 10 years time, they might not even need Netflix to make it with how fast progress is going.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

in 10 years time, they might not even need Netflix to make it with how fast progress is going.

speaking of which, MORE TESTS OF MY VIDEO TO VIDEO SYSTEM

I figured out how to get everything running on google colab which allows me to render much higher resolution

still finding the best settings to dial in at these higher resolutions, but early results are promising on even fairly complicated stuff

https://i.imgur.com/MUomLo1.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/zPZeHHf.mp4

after doing those I wanted to see how it handled very simple scenes, so I used an untextured spinning cube as input and I'm pretty blown away

https://i.imgur.com/A4XT62t.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/oUDdFfj.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/XZtoKz4.mp4

:aaaaa:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Roman posted:

I would too, considering I still have no plans to write any full script for this thing.
I consider it a "decoy project." I love sharing stuff from my work but I don't want to do that with the other real project I'm doing.
So if something weird happens with copyright or I get ripped off or whatever, my real project is safe.

Honestly, the stuff you wrote along with the images would make a good pitch.

Also, I think I'm starting to think in AI. I'd like to use created scenes for drawing practice, but realised that describing bodies often gets blacklisted. So instead of telling it to generate a "fully body shot/whole body", I now specify "clean shoes, clean hair". Voila. Really weird. It like normalizes being a manipulative rear end in a top hat.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut

Roman posted:

Well the short answer is: you're good. Both projects are safe.

I gave a second then third reading of the Copyright Office's AI Generated Registration Guidance Rules https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...al-intelligence and all of the footnotes. This guidance letter is a big deal. It sets the stage going forth on what can and can not be copyrighted with AI generated materials. I'm not going to do a line-by-line but I will give a brief run-down on the important aspects.

"The Human Authorship Requirement"

The "Expressive Material" images straight from Midjourney are not directly copyrightable because you give "Ultimate Creative Control" of the "Traditional Elements Of Authorship" to be conceived and executed by the AI when you solely give a prompt. That doesn't prevent the images from being used in your project like anything else in the public domain. How you make use of them, specifically the decisions in layout, display, what's put together, seperated, etc etc, are the expressive elements that "Complete" an original work of science or literature. That total work is what's copyrightable and you are its "Author".

It's stated a few times how the specific mechanisms of the AI can change what's copyrightable. Text2img alone through Stable Diffusion wouldn't meet this bar for example, but ControlNet would allow you the needed control over layout and contents so the computer becomes an "Assisting Instrument" instead. This would allow you traditional copyright protection directly on the images you generate. Side note, I expect Midjourney and the rest to implement their own version of ControlNet someday and that will be huge.

The copyright office also has plans for a public inquiry so everyone can give their inputs on how this should be handled in the future, with topics including things like scraping, training datasets, and resultant outputs. You can bet that will be a circus. I can't wait.

Lastly, fighting back a common misconception that you don't have any protections until you file the paperwork for copyright. This is wrong. You have all rights at the moment of creation. Registration can be done later or not at all, though an incredible amount of hassle awaits you if you have to take someone to court without it. It can be done though.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

TIP posted:

after doing those I wanted to see how it handled very simple scenes, so I used an untextured spinning cube as input and I'm pretty blown away

Have you tried combining this with seed travel? Right now the details glued in place are the biggest giveaway that the seed stays while the controlnet changes, outright switching seeds would be back to flicker central so maybe there's a middle ground

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruffian Price posted:

Have you tried combining this with seed travel? Right now the details glued in place are the biggest giveaway that the seed stays while the controlnet changes, outright switching seeds would be back to flicker central so maybe there's a middle ground

I'm not using the same seed across frames, I've made a fine tuning and a special process that makes it this consistent

currently working with the person who made the gif2gif and frame2frame extensions to turn it into an extension for automatic1111

it actually has significantly better temporal consistency when rendering videos at 384x384, getting to render at high resolutions revealed that I'm going to need to do a fine tuning for each resolution I want to render in for best results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Creator of LoRA did (or still does?) an AMA on reddit

https://old.reddit.com/r/StableDiffusion/comments/1223y27/im_the_creator_of_lora_how_can_i_make_it_better/