Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Season 4 has Willam. That's really all you need I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I haven't been watching the Untucked's since the tantrums Silky Nutneg Ganache had in their season. Have I been missing out on epic drama? I mean, I tried a little of the season afterward, but it was such boring bs.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pan Dulce posted:

I haven't been watching the Untucked's since the tantrums Silky Nutneg Ganache had in their season. Have I been missing out on epic drama? I mean, I tried a little of the season afterward, but it was such boring bs.

Not really. Most of the queens are very self aware of how they are perceived, so not a lot tends to happen. These days I'm more interested in their interactions with the celebrity judges, like Orville Peck (total dreamboat) this week

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

These days I'm more interested in their interactions with the celebrity judges, like Orville Peck (total dreamboat) this week

Loosey telling Justin off every time he comes in to take the celebrity away has been a very fun recurring gag

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Pan Dulce posted:

Occasionally it's AMAZING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrSGzuzdgTc

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I lost it laughing at this. My one question: who are the bones?! Everyone else I can tell by their voices, but that just... wow.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Pan Dulce posted:

I lost it laughing at this. My one question: who are the bones?! Everyone else I can tell by their voices, but that just... wow.

I think it's REDACTED.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

they really did a good job of helping REDACTED stay out of my memory of the show, I had totally forgotten they existed

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
It’s not on the same level of janky as season 1 where some forever 21 shopping person hit the top of the season. It’s not *as* drama as Coco vs Alyssa, Heathers vs Boogers, or Phi2 vs everyone and their mom. It’s not 50 acting challenges for a bunch of look queens like season 7.

Most of the looks were … good. You had a crap ton of talent and delusion, mixed with really good drama.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I agree that Mistress probably shouldn't have gotten away with just carrying jewelry around. I asked my wife what the gently caress she was doing and her response was, "Opulence."

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

This whole thing cemented Heidi as my favorite of the season.

She's right! Keep your eyes on your own drat paper, quit being concerned with whether other contestants are doing too much or too little! Hell, two of the past winners (Tyra and Jinkx) have fallen asleep before; granted, the latter has narcolepsy, but still!

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
mistress got away with it bc she looked like pepper labeija at the beginning of paris is burning imo and that's ru candy

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Drage Race Sweden: SUCH a difference in craftsmanship when practically everyone is on even playing ground because their public school systems demand they teach every kid sewing.OF course, there's always the tried and true "decorated swimsuit/corset" deal, but even THAT one was nicely done. The queens in the bottom were there for a reason and yay, bye bye weeb queen!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The Loosification of the world continues!

https://twitter.com/LooseyLaDuca/status/1636991954192855042

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/LooseyLaDuca/status/1638964093590683648

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
A familiar face:

https://twitter.com/hugeasmammoth_/status/1638748964924313602

https://twitter.com/lee_fontaine/status/1638735993204506624

:unsmith:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Gonna storm the bastille armed only with her cucu

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

She legalized sex, she can legalize drag

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

remember the ala-ho

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

panko posted:

remember the ala-ho

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I was checking to see if MTV had put up tonight's episode yet and I think they're in on the meme because I've never seen this before

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Tonight While I don't approve of the Lucy bullying and I think she did well this week, I think that it was the right move.

The news that there will be a top 3 for the finale seems like a reaction to last season where there was a top 5. I'm game for a change in how they handle the finale.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nihonniboku posted:

The news that there will be a top 3 for the finale seems like a reaction to last season where there was a top 5. I'm game for a change in how they handle the finale.

Is that anywhere official, or just from the preview? Because if it's the Preview it's probably correct but...

e: So, who wins Congeniality? Assuming Sasha isn't eligible for being a Finalist... Salina?

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 25, 2023

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Is that anywhere official, or just from the preview? Because if it's the Preview it's probably correct but...

e: So, who wins Congeniality? Assuming Sasha isn't eligible for being a Finalist... Salina?

Just the preview. Congeniality, the twins?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I think it can only be either Salina or Spice. Salina since a lot of queens seemed to pick her when opening about their trauma, and nobody really got into it with her except when she got eliminated. Spice since the cast seemed to enjoy having her around, like a drag puppy.

Obv, I'd love for Salina to get it so she can win something and to set her up for a Mo Heart/Monet-style AS run.

gandlethorpe posted:

Calling it now, Salina will be a Mo Heart-tier fan fav. Maybe even MC. Whatever the case, if there are a million Salina fans, I am one; if Salina has one fan, that is me, etc.

:pray:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I have to say that I will miss Loosey on my screen, which I never thought I would say at the start and midpoint of this season.

Also, her exit interview was peak oval office and I live.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

When we asked you to let loose ru this isn’t what we meant :(

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I get that it's the editing and he's probably a really nice guy out of the show, but my goodness, does Loosey rub me the wrong way. I kinda like the concept of being yourself. If you're a bitch, be a bitch. Mistress and Luxx follow that bitchy, almost delusional at times path and follow it with aplomb and panache. They're funny and honest and REAL. Loosey, on the other hand, wants to portray herself as the funny yet wholesome Reese Witherspoon as Elle Woods type, when in all reality, she's more like Tracey Flick. She's cunty about what she thinks behind the others' backs and stabs Luxx in the back while portraying it with a smile and a "I thought she was perfect for you," flair. She's lucky she got meme-able with "Let Loose," because I haven't enjoyed her personality at all.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

"Stabbing Luxx in the back" implies there was some kind of relationship to implode. I don't think Luxx had any reason to think Loosey ought to do her a solid, plus she (Luxx) seemed pretty dismissive of the teacher she wound up with. I felt so bad for that lady.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Drimble Wedge posted:

"Stabbing Luxx in the back" implies there was some kind of relationship to implode. I don't think Luxx had any reason to think Loosey ought to do her a solid, plus she (Luxx) seemed pretty dismissive of the teacher she wound up with. I felt so bad for that lady.

I get this, but I meant it as singling out Luxx. She literally gave everyone a good chance at winning except Luxx. If she really were as nice as she implies, she would have screwed over Sasha as the biggest threat or hell, take on the hardest challenge herself (which would be stupid in a competition). It's just fake that she doesn't acknowledge that she was pissed Luxx called her generic and gave her a hard match-up because of it. Telling Ru she's fine is SUCH bs.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I mean Loosey had every reason to be in her feelings when she had to stand there while Luxx did her (admittedly hilarious) thesis about why her drag is basic, boring and sucks compared to her competition. Luxx pretty much took over as the one beefing the most with Loosey and being nice doesn’t mean you have to be a complete pushover.

Loosey has been delusional, what queen hasn’t, and she’s been pretty much on the defensive the last few episodes, especially Untucked. The last few episodes have pretty much buried her and her drag. It could even be argued that her bottom 2 placements these last 2 episodes weren’t deserved, especially this week.

I’m not a Loosey stan. She was never going to win in a million years. I can just see that she was put through the loving wringer and all of her worst moments were highlighted.

Come on though, if you don’t love her exit interview, something has to be wrong.

EDIT: Apparently Reddit is saying that Luxx didn’t know the words to the lipsync. I know Loosey isn’t the best lipsyncer in the world but lol.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Mar 25, 2023

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I’m still not over Loosey including her mini-challenge wins in her win count. That was a great Loosey moment. And she tried to do it again this episode!

I don’t think Loosey screwed Luxx over on the challenge, that was just Luxx. She didn’t put in as much effort connecting with her teacher as the others and there were some basic design things she could have done to illustrate a family resemblance that she just didn’t do. You know Sasha would have made it work with any of the teachers, regardless of their physical resemblance.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

wizardofloneliness posted:

I’m still not over Loosey including her mini-challenge wins in her win count. That was a great Loosey moment. And she tried to do it again this episode!

Pretty much every queen in every previous season counted the mini challenges when discussing their drag race success. It was just this season for the first time where Mistress and Luxx found it pathetic that she did, likely because she had won more than they had, so they just wanted to undermine her.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Pretty much every queen in every previous season counted the mini challenges when discussing their drag race success. It was just this season for the first time where Mistress and Luxx found it pathetic that she did, likely because she had won more than they had, so they just wanted to undermine her.

I think part of it was when she first brought it up it was in response to Sasha saying she had won 3 challenges and everyone needed to catch up. It seemed like she was trying to elevate the minis as equal to the maxis that made her sound defensive.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

I think part of it was when she first brought it up it was in response to Sasha saying she had won 3 challenges and everyone needed to catch up. It seemed like she was trying to elevate the minis as equal to the maxis that made her sound defensive.

Yeah, saying you have x maxi wins and x mini wins is fine, but counting them as equal is what’s funny. Especially when no one else is doing it and it’s in response to someone else talking purely about maxi challenge wins. One the one hand, I don’t blame Loosey for being defensive because they really have been going after her, but on the other hand some of the things she says are just stupid.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Loosey just came across like she had zero self-awareness. Mistress and Luxx are very up themselves but they normally deliver and when they don't they at least seem to be aware of it. Loosey thought she was great even when she definitely wasn't.

Am I the only one who thought it was a bit harsh that Luxx got slammed for family resemblance when she was the only one working with someone very clearly of different ethnicity? She still didn't do that great a job but she had way less to work with

Ferocity Colby could literally walk onto a drag stage and start performing right now drat

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Luxx definitely had the hardest transformation, but the challenges (now) are less about exact replicas and more do they fit into the Queen's mold? How good are they at branding themselves on another person?

I could see what Luxx was going for, had she matched her subject's main color it would have been better (or line the dress with the opposite color) but I don't think that would have been enough to overwrite "WE NEED LUXX V LOOSEY NOW".

Also, switching things up would have prevented us from having Ferocity Colby. :)

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
This wasn’t a Jocelyn Fox (womp womp) situation where they gave her a little bitch who was being sent in as a punishment. And also, took away all the darker toned makeup. Mrs Reyes was super excited to be there. She wanted to help. She wanted the full fantasy. That child gave her nothing, and I hope that Mrs Reyes doesn’t go home and feel like poo poo for being thought of as sabotage. I’m ready for Lux to go home now. That stank attitude was not it.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

dino. posted:

This wasn’t a Jocelyn Fox (womp womp) situation where they gave her a little bitch who was being sent in as a punishment. And also, took away all the darker toned makeup. Mrs Reyes was super excited to be there. She wanted to help. She wanted the full fantasy. That child gave her nothing, and I hope that Mrs Reyes doesn’t go home and feel like poo poo for being thought of as sabotage. I’m ready for Lux to go home now. That stank attitude was not it.

Big agree. It's not sabotage just because you dont match skin color of the queens with their daughters. Luxx was acting spoiled because she didn't get exactly what she wanted. For example, she could have been smart and seen the Jennifer Coolidge resemblance and incorporated that into the presentation instead of having the judges have to call it out.
The editing made it look like Luxx didn't even know that Mrs Reyes had queer kids until the final getting ready bit. That could have been the edit but it lined up with Luxx's seeming lack of interest in getting to know her daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
bottom two shouldve been mistress and luxx
anyway, Anetra/Sasha double crowning

Edit: each pair had mismatching shows so wtf was ross even talking about

Raccoonboy fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 26, 2023